the Rift

[OPEN] danger is my middle name

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

So I am totally the only one that has discovered this path. Its all rocky and hidden away, so maybe it can be my secret base! All things considered, I could use one of those to get away. Then I can like rally all my friends, and we can have foal get togethers and everything! That would be totally awesome!

So I must go investigate this secret path. Carefully treading, I begin the ascent. I would normally fly since I've kind of got that down, but I want to find every little nook and cranny. Secret treasure could be hiding anywhere, and I would not be happy if someone else found it first. So thus my adventure begins, as I watch for every misplaced rock. One in particular looked very, very suspicious. Walking toward it, I studied it carefully. It was perfectly round, almost too much so. Cause, nothing is perfect... right? It was situated just to the side like it could be covering some sort of hole. A mischievous smile crosses my face, and in three... two.. one..

Well. That was the most anticlimactic thing ever. Instead of treasure. I got rocks. Rocks, rocks and more rocks. Does the world not know what mom has enough rocks for an entire lifetime?! Couldn't they all just be with her?! My eyes widened and ears fall back against my head. This is not fun anymore. There better be a gosh darned good payout at the end or i'm going to be so angry.

Picking up the pace, I refuse to stay in the presence of these measly rocks. They were so deceiving, and it wasn't fair! Did they not know that it was bad to lie? They shouldn't pretend they have something awesome behind them. It just made me sad, and me being sad is a bad thing. I don't like the way it feels. It hurts, but not in a way that I can fix by stepping in some water. It didn't sting and fade like it did in the ocean with Cheska. Instead, it just lingered in me like a terrible wound that couldn't be healed. I can't imagine what big people problems feel like. I wonder how they all handle it.

Suddenly, I break through the clouds. Holy crap.. the clouds! I suddenly feel oddly dizzy, this is so cool! I bet mom hasn't been by the clouds before! Bounding forward, I just have to find out what is at the top. Over the rocks and through the clouds, I finally understand that this was totally worth it! Before me is this huge expanse of land and grass. It flows like water, but, I reach down, and tastes just as delicious as an apple!

This is totally my hideout. Intruders beware, you'll never return once you find out my little secret. Unless of course I like you, then you can come back.

"talk talk talk"
@[Saffron]
Coding by Tamme

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I step through the clouds that hover over the ground, feeling slightly light-headed as they deprive me of a moment of oxygen. The cool of the clouds cools my body and as I step out of it I take a big breath, refreshed. I like the cool air with a pelt as thick as mine. Upon passing through the clouds, and only walking a few feet, I see a foal before me. A young filly, even younger than myself, which is a surprise to me. My first thought is to leap forward, grab her with my talons, and eat her. But what if she is of the Basin or the Edge? No.. belonging to a herd means following at least some basic rules. I sigh internally, wishing that I were not so restricted. But I have eaten recently, so at least I can put the thought of food from the forefront of my mind. I stop just behind the filly, watching her little fluffy tail with bemusement. I try not to startle her, and after a second of deciding the best way to do that, I decide to walk around her side, slowly and with just enough noise to announce my presence without being startling.

"Hello lass." I purr gently, stepping around in front of her so she can see me in whole. "Don't be afraid. My name is Saffron." I try to anticipate her reaction. If I was a young filly I would be afraid of a large carnivore appearing suddenly behind me. Though my instinct is to attack the sick or young, knowing that I must leave this one intact makes me want to get to know her, to play with her even. After all, I'm only two years old, and just barely. Not quite full grown, I can play nice and gentle, too. I sit down in front of her and let a soft and welcoming smile dance upon my maw. Surely she will see that I mean her no harm. Surely!

"Speech."

@[Auriel]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

prissy
Auriel

Its pretty cool. I mean seriously the more I explore the more I love it here. Its so quiet, so peaceful. Wait, hold on, someone is here. Turning, I see a huge cat (dog?) thing that is there. I blink a couple of times, Saffron, thats a cool name. Is she just a really furry baby? Where is she from, she doesn't smell like any of my friends either. Quickly I reach forward, nose flaring to sniff Saffron's face and offer my hello. "Do you have furry magic?" Great way to make friends, but hey, the more you know. I pull my face back, a silly smile settling upon my face as I rear up a moment and land with a solid thud. This was my territory, so she'd have to answer me. "Yes Saffron, you do realize you're on my territory?" I say, cocking a brow and raising my head as high as it can go. Im still not super tall, but I may as well act as big as my ego. "My name is Queen Auriel." I say with as much sass and queenliness as I can muster. Sure, it was a really, really terrible facade, but it was still fun!

Eventually though, standing like that got annoying. So I just slouch back down into my usual position. Still staring at the thing. I still have no idea what it is. Hopefully it (Saffron) tells me. Otherwise, I may have to drag her away to my invisible dungeons and have my nonexistent guards interrogate her. That's a great idea! Lifting my head again, I demand to know her affiliation. "Friend of foe, Saffron the Stripey!" My voice screeches on the end, thanks to my oddly high pitched girly voice. Again, everything after a few moments grows tiring and I have to slouch back down. Glancing around, it still seems to be only Saffron. At least she didn't bring an army with her. That'd be bad. I don't know how well my invisible soldiers would do, considering they aren't good at fighting. Oh, and they also don't exist, so that'd be a problem. My kingdom was oddly defenseless. Maybe Midas will let me be queen here, and this can be a Falls territory. How cool would that be! But no, I cannot think of anything else. Right now, Saffron the Stripey must answer my questions or pay the price!

"talk talk talk"
@[Saffron]
Coding by Tamme

Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

To my very, very great surprise, the child leans forward and sniffs my face. I blink and resist the urge to hiss at the thing that suddenly crosses into my personal space. No, no, don't scare the children. I hold very still, and instead just sniff it as it sniffs me. Her instincts seem to be broken. 'Why are her instincts broken? Did she come out backwards or something? Maybe she was the runt..' She asks if I have furry magic.. what does that even mean? The filly backs up and does a little rear. My ears swivel back - what is this show of force? I could knock her out with one swipe of my paw, what does she think she's doing? She looks like she's having a blast as she announces herself as Queen Auriel. Queen? I don't think so. "Your territory?" My first instinct is to cut the fun short, to announce to her that she is a little foal, easily dispatched of, queen of nowhere and nothing, and this is not a territory that belongs to anyone.

But before I can do so, another notion takes hold. Perhaps, just this once, I can play along. I let the tension seep from my pores and dissipate. She gives me a challenging look. 'Friend or Foe!?' Saffron the Stripey... It's not really what I'm looking for but it amuses me nonetheless. I keep as serious a look as I can, and reply, "Friend, of course!" Miss Auriel is trying so hard to keep up the illusion that I can't even help but aid in her efforts. Except for, you know, maybe making her work for it a little. I look around me, peering around her and behind me as if there's something I'm looking for but cannot find. "If you are the queen - then where is your throne?" A pretty valid challenge, if you ask me.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

prissy
Auriel

Maybe she actually things i'm a queen! Im so excited now. Not many people would think me to be a queen. Instead, i'm probably no more than a fleeting thought. I had a family, but I know for a fact that they were not worried about me. It's probably because they think I'm strong, but I seriously doubt it. I think they just think that no one will take us away. Who wants a bunch of foals running around anyways? Especially because of young I was. They'd have to feed me, because I still enjoyed the milk upon occasion.

I catch up with her charade though, because Saffron then questions where my throne is. Good point, but I have a better one! I'm smart, quick, and I don't need anyone backing me up. "Can't you see it?" I gasp with horror as I turn, gesturing towards my grand throne that I know isn't real, but in my mind exists. Its a grand structure, expanding foot after foot into the air. It stretches just wide enough for me to comfortably curl up on a satin pillow. It's golden, and seems to glow in the atmosphere. I walk up to it, as if it exists, and curl up into a ball. I raise my head, and tossing it nonchalantly continue my charade; May as well see how far I can stretch it. "See. I told you its here. Apparently since you can't see this grand structure, you probably can't see my crown either." I pout, sticking my lip out ever so slightly. "It's a pretty one too! It sits so comfortably on my head. It has rubies, and emeralds, and all other sorts of fancy things. Its really cool, cause it looks like a puffy cloud shape all the way around my head." I look at her mustering all the strength I could to not smile. I needed to convince her, and do so with ease.

Clearing my throat, I look over Saffron the Stripe-y again. I notice she has huge claws, and whiskers. What kind of horse was she actually? "So where did you come from Madame Saffron, friend of Queen Auriel?" I say, getting up. I begin to circle her, looking her up and down as if I had a purpose. In all reality, I had not a single clue what I was doing. It was fun though. I'd have to try to convince Shida I was a queen. I wonder what she'd do... probably just blow me up if I know her.

"talk talk talk"
@[Saffron]
Coding by Tamme

Lauren

Saffron

The little filly, I'm sorry - my Queen, continues to play the game, and my eyes twinkle with amusement. This... these things of childhood, imagination, youth... this is what I really miss. The things that I attempted to share with Zima. But when I went to see her the last time, the events went sour. Our life together went sour. She didn't want to come into the realm of Helovia with me. We fought as immature children do, and parted on poor terms. Now.. well.. the world is different and I find myself much less pleased with life than I was before. The make-believe that Auriel has painted for us begs for the removal of the jaded spectacles that I've slid over my golden eyes. I look behind her as she gestures, and my orbs don't see the plain air that hangs in reality. Instead, a beautiful throne decorates the ground, shimmering like a beacon. A beacon that reminds me that I don't have to grow up just yet, I don't have to be alone, just because I am a tiger without my wolf soulmate.

The child pouts, emphasizing the crown that lies upon her delicate skull. I smile, my whiskers tilting forward as I do. She's thrilled with it, describing it as bejeweled with emeralds and rubies and other jewels. Like a cloud? I'm not sure I can picture that correctly, but it doesn't matter. It's the thought, the creativity of children. I enjoy the carefree way that she continues to romp through her mind's unlimited picture. And here she shares it with me - could I ask for more? I chuckle. "I see your throne now, and your crown. They are so beautiful." I lie down and rotate over, resting on my side peacefully. A purr starts to build inside me, soft but audible. She surprises me by asking where I am from. "I am from outside Helovia.. originally. Now I am from the Basin." My purr resumes as I finish speaking. I like this little one. I want to keep her as my pet. Or friend. Maybe I'm not allowed to have equine pets, that might be frowned upon....

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

prissy
Auriel

Imagining things is a lot more fun than it looks. You can create literally anything! It's so cool! My throne that sits behind me is just wonderful, I just wish everyone could see it in the same way. Although, does everyone see the same thing... ever? Like a blade of grass for example, does everyone see the exact shade of green, or is it all different? Such life contemplations plagued my mind, but it was fine. I'd figure it out all in time. I'm Auriel, the queen of everything! And right now, I must tend to my furry subject whom I have been conversing with.

She apparently sees my royal stuff too. Im glad, but I wonder how she sees it, if at all. Either way though, it's nice of her to let me wallow in my imagination. I'd probably have to thank her one day for opening up my canvas and allow me to "experience" the world. Saffron the Furry even keeps playing with my scheme, and revealing a little bit of her past. Intriguing, she lives with the unicorns in the north? That's confusing, I don't see a horn anywhere on her head. Maybe it's hidden, or maybe she ate it. I wonder if it tasted good. "Well Saffron the Fluffy..." Yeah, that's a good name. It's better than Stripey. I like fluffy. ".. Of the Basin. I suppose I can permit you to return to my grand land. I know my subjects will welcome you." I don't really have any subjects, or an army but I'd work on it. Plus, the more allies I had the better. A good queen cannot be without her secret ninja crew.

I return to where my supposed "throne" is. Curling up, I lay my head down and try to keep my eyes open. Being a queen is really, really hard. Yawning, I look to Saffron. "Will you really come visit me though?" My voice lost all of its faux haughtiness, and actually sounded much more childlike. I really hope she does come visit, friends here were few and far between. Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone would leave me alone if I walked around with Saffron. Ain't no one gonna mess with us. I have smoke and she has those giant claw things and a big mouth.

"talk talk talk"
@[Saffron]
Coding by Tamme
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Lauren

Saffron

Her innocence and imagination are all I need to feel so.. relaxed. She prances around a little more, and I continue to purr, not interruption her spur of creativity. Why should I? She brings out in me my stunted youthfulness, and for that I am so grateful. I didn't realize that there was so much buried inside, but with the little filly's enthusiasm flowing through the air, I can feel my suffocated inner child slipping through the little peephole that I've yet to block up. I take a deep breath of fresh air, letting in roll through me and lift bit of spirit I have.

But the lass seems to be growing weary, and lies down as if sitting upon her throne - or so I suspect. I've turned from Saffron the Stripey to Saffron the Fluffy. I think the first name might have been better, but I don't say so. She can call me whatever she pleases, as far as I'm concerned. She invites me to her land, but she hasn't told me where that is. She's only told me that she is the Queen of this territory. I appreciate the invitation, though. It's when she asks, tentatively, hopefully, 'Will you really come visit me though?', that I feel my heart really touched.

"Of course I will visit you Lady Auriel." My golden eyes smile back at her and I stretch out my paws, showing that I am at ease and certainly no threat. "But I do not know where you live? You'll have to make sure to be there when I come by, or they might not like a tigress barging in." I wink at her, giggling conspiratorially. I hope that she stays awake long enough to answer, or I may never find her again. I do not recognize her smell just yet, the herd land that she comes from. I will have to investigate and use the information she provides to catalogue it.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread