the Rift

Ever Looming

Bea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She was hopelessly lost. A lifetime of exploring, and the mare had never felt so lost. Sure she had been places she didn't know, but she had never lost her sense of direction so utterly and completely. The disorientation and the fact that the forest grew darker with every passing moment did nothing to help the young females nerves.

Hooves cut at the soft earth beneath, flying out behind her as Bea cantered quickly through the trees. Find a place. Find a place. Find a place. Her mind was running wild and bright pink eyes widened with the escaping light. Fear slowly constricted her chest causing her breathing to come in rasps. Not the dark. Please not the dark. It was all the poor girl could think. Any shelter. Anywhere to just lie down and try to figure out this place in the morning. With the light came clarity and reason.

The lithe mare skidded to a halt when she came to a large tree. It's roots were exposed and interwoven, creating a bit of a small cavelike shelter. Sure it wasn't incredibly secure, and it wouldn't keep any rain out, but if Bea could just fit in there, it would be better than being stuck out in the open after dark. The ruddy mare leaned down, trying to crawl on her knees into the small opening. It was only moments before she realized this was hopeless and tried to pull out.

"Oof!" the young mare exhaled sharply when she realized she was entirely too stuck to get out. In her panicked state, Bea had wedged herself into past her withers with her legs tucked under her, and now all the laid exposed was her rear end propped high in the air. Not this, oh please gods not this. Bea pushed with her back legs, using all her might to get herself out, but it was no use. Her back legs splayed in defeat as her spotted rear sank to the ground. Only one thing left to do now. "HELP!"

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

Another journey to the Threshold, hopefully to bring a new member to the family, to the desert sands. It was a decent flight from here to the Throat, but with a good wind the journey wasn't that bad, in fact it was rather enjoyable. With a good wind and healthy rest I could fly for hours, dare I say a couple days(three was my max, and doing so about killed me). So the flight from the Throat to the Threshold was somewhat of a pleasure-flight, although it took me most of the day, and I had left once the sun fully appeared on the horizon.

I descend towards the woods below, landing within a clearing I had believed unoccupied... Until my gaze catches sight of something...odd.

Out of EVERYTHING I had seen in Helovia, or in my entire life for that matter, nothing was as downright, fucking hilarious as walking past to see the ass-end of a mare sticking out of a tree.

Seriously.

Gods above I loved my job.

Her cry for help makes my ears flick back, and carefully I raise a hoof to prod at her rear, fighting a smile from my face, but failing horribly. "You're in quite the predicament, aren't you?" I lean my head down, peering at the tree that seemed to have gobbled this mare up, amusement in my tone. "Would you like some help, or shall I wait until you flounder around and get frustrated enough to let me offer aid?"

Of course I had no idea how the hell to get her out... but this was too amusing to just walk past.

@[Bea] Would you like to be tagged?
"talk talk talk"

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud

Bea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A noise? A soft rustling, like a bird landing, but much louder. And the wind shifted as well. Did a giant bird just land behind her?! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! The mare panicked, struggling with everything she had. She shouldn't have called out. Of course screaming help at the top of your lungs would lure in some great monster looking to eat her! Idiot!

It was getting closer. Bea continued to struggle, the light nearly completely gone now. She had to get out. She had to get out! SHE HAD TO- "OW!" followed the loud thunk of her head against the solid trunk of the tree. She sniffed, readying herself to be pulled apart by some giant freakish monster bird, when something else happened.

A delicate golden glow illuminated around her, chasing away the blackness that had her now nearly quaking in fear. Bea's breath caught in her chest when she heard a voice. "You're in quite the predicament aren't you?" The roan mare sighed with relief, her entire body relaxing with it. It wasn't a monster. It must be a pegasus. She'd seen a few on her travels, but had never had the pleasure of meeting one.

When the stallion (his voice definitely gave him away) asked if she needed help, the mare perked up. "Yes! Yes thank you. I could really use some help." Bea shifted trying to get some blood to her fore legs as they began to tingle. "I uhh... I was trying to find somewhere to stay for the night, and I guess I got a little.... overzealous?"

OOC// Nah, I'm good.

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
But rising on up and then tumbling down

Ears swivel and turn, pivoting to the sound of a soft rustle from the left. Her light brings forth word of another, full moons watching intently as a humourous scene unfolds, eyes unblinking as the dark avian surveys the reddened mare with her white rump which protruded from a tree, body wedged. A frown trails across crystalline features, body shifting as she trods lightly to where it is the mare was located, guided by the gentle tugs of her Lior.

Happening upon the scene herself, she feels her heart sink beneath her hooves, melting beneath her glass columns into a puddle of deep crimson. A dark stallion with wings as large as her at his side, tremendously large in comparison to the rest of him. If he opened them he could remove the world of its light, deprive the moon from surveying her earthly followers. Curled ears flicker back as his voice rumbles deeply, resonating within her very being. Something about him made her upset, but she need not dote upon such unsettling feelings. She knew well enough why she felt such fear towards the man, he held great power with his muscled being and large wings.

Body shifts closer to the mare's hind, which had slumped to the ground. "Do no fret," her fragmented syllables will likely do little to comfort the trapped mare, eyes daring not to pear out at the malicious stallion and his feathered appendages. "I here, please breath." She murmurs softly, voice fading into the night just as shadows hid from light. Dipping her crystalline head she touches her cold glass muzzle to the side of the mare's alabaster speckled rump.

"The Edge has place for you and stay, scurra." She finds the name suitable, as the bloodied bay girl was indeed a clown, leaving amusement perking up in the monotone spirit of the glass childe. Her light brings himself from the trees, sweeping down like a shadow, bathing within the light of the moon. Dark beak gapes as a loud screech as he descends upon fragile, scratched withers. "talk talk talk"

-- scurra means clown/buffoon c; --

well it's part of the process
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Original code by Tamme,

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

Overzealous? I'd certainly say so. The arrival of another turns my attention away from the trapped mare, towards one... made of glass? This day just seemed to get more and more interesting. She seems to regard me with fear, which just added to my confusion. Had I met her before? Specifically, had she met him? Bucephalus rumbles in the back of my mind, clearly dismissing that. Even he would have recognized a mare of solid glass with only a heart.

However, the mare already offers the trapped one a home, and I can't help the frown that crosses my face. "I think she may be more concerned with getting out of the tree right now." I comment, before turning my head back to the mare. Now...how to go about this. I walked around to her side, prodding one of the roots with a hoof. Solid... Then I looked at how she was stuck. It looked like her legs were under her... damn.

"Alright, I think I have an idea. Can you try to get your forelegs out from under you?" I ask, lowering my head to nudge at her side, before I leave to circle the tree, looking for another way to get her out. None. If she couldn't get her legs out, I'd probably have to use my hooves to try and break one of the roots trapping her, alone, since I doubted the glass mare could help with such a task.

This was certainly one of the most interesting Threshold recruitments I'd done yet.

@[Bea] @[Ayelet]

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud