the Rift

[OPEN] comin' at you like a dark horse

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen & Solomon
the darkest burning star

The pair moved across the damp sand, Argen's hooves leaving deep impressions in the sad. Solomon left no impressions in the sand, however, for he glided in the warm air beside his stallion. The large bronze down stroked every once and a while to lift himself higher, but he hardly ever reached above Argen's head.

You are growing so strong, Solomon.

I know. I do good in fights. You think I do good?

Of course I do. Your fire gets stronger everyday. You blasted both of those mares, and you even almost blinded the black pegasus.

I want protect you. You my only friend.

You have friends. You like Aylin. Muriel. Cynder.

They don't hear me. Argen hears me.

The young stallion fell silent at the notion, knowing his dragon was right. Their bond was so deeply embedded and no one could come between them. There was nothing Solomon could hide from Argen and there was nothing Argen could hide from Solomon. Sighing, Argen stopped, lifting his head to look out at the ocean.

I don't think I am going to find my dad, Sol.

You don't need him.

Solomon landed on Argen's withers, tail draping down the stallion's thick shoulder. Without hesitation, Argen moved into the tide. The waves crashing towards the sand licked up his legs until he was belly-deep in the salty water. Solomon stayed strong and still on his back, though his lightning yellow eyes were weary of the water beneath him. Argen stopped, though, looking out onto the horizon, where the sky met the ocean.

Yeah, I don't need him.

@[Maren]
"

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

"I never meant to wither
I wanted to grow tall
Like a fool left the river
And watched my branches fall. "

Great, more sand. She was about to make a rebellious u-turn when she spotted a bay horse in the distance, walking into the water. He seemed to be accompanied by a flying creature. Maren's imaginary eyebrow raised above her endlessly silent eyes. What to do. Still, her hooves stayed put as she stood on the border between the rough dune bushes and the beach. She had strolled through them to get here, dry branches breaking against her skin accompanied by leaves that tangled themselves up in her long ivory tail. Now she was left standing, covered by the half-shadow of the umbrella of leaves rustling in the winds above her head. The other half being rays of sunlight that fell down in splashes upon the reddish-brown tiger-blanket that covered the mare's pearl white body.

It was almost tall Sun and the Sun had, indeed, climbed high; the pressing warmth wrapping her up like a present. The beach had never looked so lovely. She couldn't help it, just needed a quick dip in the ocean to relief the tickling on her blazing body and mind. Meanwhile the strange figure had decided to take a swim. Maren's eyes followed him for a moment. Suddenly her own skin itched for her body to be wrapped up in that cool blue water too. Not going back on her decision, she threw her weight on her behind, jumped over her imaginary border and trotted into the open, into the embrace of the Sun.

She followed the lines where the water kissed the sand, going back and forth over and over again. Her strides long and graceful and body-language nonchalant. She stopped her steps at the exact spot where the stallion had gotten in, his hoof-prints still vaguely there, but almost brushed away by the movements of the tide. Maren's winged head had turned to the stallion in the water, feathers rustling behind her ears. The winged creature appeared to be a small dragon, his companion perhaps. Unpredictable creatures, they were; but like the ocean winds now.

She did not feel like taking the feelings of this other soul in consideration when she slowly walked into the sea. If he enjoyed it or not; he got company now. The mare kept her eye on the stallion while going in deeper, wanting to go at least as far as him. He had stood there, quietly, which was one of the mysterious powers that came on shore with the salty ocean winds.

Velvet, sarcastic words left her lips. "In case you are about to go drown yourself, would you like me to bring your final words to your family?" The velvet words left her lips with a sarcastic layer underneath the sweet voice. She had moved her body half-way around the stallion, her mane being pulled behind through the water, eyes gold as the sun as she squeezed them against the light.

@[Argen]
|| Notes: jgasjk || Wordcount: 479 || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

After a good night's sleep, I feel much better today. Well-rested, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed. My eyes wide, reflecting the sun's rays, and my still-fluffy coat and wings look bright in the light. I stay closer to the waves of the ocean, finding the stand there to be sturdier than the dry stuff further up the beach. The thick, deep sand makes it hard to move my little legs, and restricts movement and enthusiasm. I hear voices ahead and stop suddenly, my tail and head raising with curiosity. I can't quite tell what's going on in the distance, but I see a strange sight. A roan colored horse and a stripe-y chestnut and white horse - and a flying thing! But it's not like any flying thing I've seen before. In fact I'm quite certain I have no idea what it is. It looks like no bird or beast I've seen before. Reptilian, as far as I can tell, with strange bat-like wings. My inquisitive nature can't bear the thought of not finding out and learning more about, well, everything. I want to know who these horses are and what that flying thing is.

I pick up a swift canter, my little hooves leaving small prints in the thickened, wet sand. Sand catches around my fetlocks and cannon bones, and I think to myself that I may have to wash my legs off later. My head is high, mane and braids flowing behind me. I skid to a stop a few feet away, and some sand sprays out to the side, my hooves sinking into the sand deeper, building a barrier around my toes. I cock my head to the side, a small, cute smile slipping onto my maw. I've arrived after the stripe-y girl's words, and hear nothing of what they've been discussing. "G'day, I'm Tempe." I gesture up to the strange leathery. "What's that?" Childish innocence is painted all over my face, hidden to only the more ignorant and self-absorbed. The stripe-y one is a girl, and the roan one is a stallion. The leathery thing seems strangely attached to the stallion. Are they friends? Buddies? Hmmm... I want to know!

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen & Solomon
the darkest burning star

The water did not rage around them like the pair had seen the sea so capable of before. Instead, it was a serene push and pull as the waves lapped over the stallion's chest and the droplets splashed towards the dragon's tail. Solomon trilled and clicked his amusement and comfort in the water, and Argen simply stayed silent as he stared out towards the horizon, where ocean met sky. Amber eyes glazed over as his thoughts struggled in his mind, and finally he sighed deeply. He is probably dead, anyway. He spoke only to Solomon, and the dragon lowered his body and stretched his wings over his bonded's shoulders in a comforting, hug type action. The royal dragon purred, wanting his soulmate to feel better.

The two were lost completely in each other's thoughts and were not aware of the approaching mare until she spoke. Quickly, Argen's head snapped up and he spun around. The salty water splashed wildly around him as he moved his bulky frame to look at the newcomer. Solomon lifted his head and his wings, ready to spring from the equine's back and take to the sky for assault. The dragon looked on the girl with his lightning yellow eyes and decided she was no threat, and Argen scoffed outwardly at her comment. "My only family are twin foals, and I'm sure they wouldn't miss me much." His sentence was a guffaw, a sputtering laugh trailing behind as he waded through the water to meet the girl at the shore. Despite her small size, she was quite similar to him in her build. Her coloring was nothing like what Argen had ever seen, and Solomon entered that it was pretty. The bronze lifted himself to sit on his bonded's back and look at the girl over, again, now in close proximity. She has wings as ears. Strange. The dragon commented, cocking his head to the side like a confused canine.

Argen did not have much time to interject to his companion before a hybrid foal came bounding their way. The stallion raised a brow and looked back at Solomon before answering the horned and winged filly. "He is a dragon, a royal dragon." He nodded, and the dragon puffed up with pride. He extended his wings and stretched his muscles, letting smoke billow from his nostrils as his eyes twinkled with growing arrogant delight at being fawned over.

@[Maren] @[Tempe] -- I am literally a monster and I am sosososososososososossososososososososo sorry I kept you guys waiting!
"

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

"I never meant to wither
I wanted to grow tall
Like a fool left the river
And watched my branches fall. "

Well, at least he seemed to be on really - really good terms with his dragon. Which was a good thing - or a safe thing, at least. But she also felt slightly... funny standing so close to them getting all tangled up in a hug - while at the same time her inner-girly-girl was bouncing all over the place from freaking cuteness.

The stallion laughter filled her ears while Maren's silent eyes simply kept track of the dragon. "I'm sorry, that was slightly rude of me." Eyes jumping from the stallion to the dragon, and then letting a slightly awkward chuckle leave her lips, not wanting to push his suicidal thoughts any further. She fell silent, lips wanting to say more - and eventually did: "But really, I would bring your last words to practically anyone if you'd ever find yourself wanting that kind of service." It was her way of caring, she told herself - Or at least pretending to, even though she wished it was the first. Also, her voice didn't quit match her intention; were more sounds of disinterest than those the Mother of All that was Good would speak. But the tigermare didn't notice, only wondered if he was depressed as hell behind that idiotic laugh of his. Probably. I would be. From the corners of her vigil eyes the dragon cocked his head, and just faintly she wondered why as a new voice found its way to distract her.

Maren's head turned, long mane heavy being dragged along with the movement, wondering about for its owner. Then she spotted one tiny little filly standing all alone. Her legs already partly swallowed by the beach. Immediately Maren's heart began pounding faster from worry. "Shouldn't you be with your mother, youngling. Or are you lost?" A motherly frown had started to fold above her eyes. "This dragon eats kids that wander to far off from their mothers", she told the kid with a nod in the direction of the bronze myth. Although she could only hope she hadn't upset the beast. She bet her own mothers rock-collection on it that this hybrid's mother was probably just napping somewhere random in the shades. Maren prefered adults over kids, but despite that she waded closer to the little mare-to-be, just in case that there were monsters laying hidden underneath the sand, just waiting to pull the filly underneath with them.

@[Tempe], @[Argen] || Notes: yayy :D || Wordcount: 400 || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

The roan stallion speaks, kindly providing the answer I seek without any delay. A royal dragon! "Wow!" I look up at the dragon in awe, admiring how handsome he is. Strong and powerful! The mare, however, seems to start worrying over me like a mother. Her strangely striped body moves toward me in the water, her concern tangible. She stops near me, asking about Arvakl my mother. "No, mom isn't with me right now. She doesn't like to be around Breccan and I very much." I don't dwell on that fact. I've wondered whether she doesn't like me or something, but at the same time.... She's my mum, of course she likes me. She loves me, and I love her! But she sometimes likes to do her own thing and I like to do mine. She is around when we need her, though, and that is the important part. But she says the dragon might eat me! I look at it nervously. "He wouldn't really eat me, would he?" I back out of the water, satisfied that my legs have been washed off.

I look back at them, first the stallion, then the mare with the little wings behind her ears. "So what are your names? Why are you in the ocean? Do you like swimming?" Why else would they be in the ocean? I don't think horses swim in the ocean very much but maybe these are special ones that are really really really good swimmers? I don't think I would like it very much. There is too much salt in the water, and the tides! I would be swept away. Maybe when I'm older I will like swimming more. There are always my wings to keep me above the water, though! I flap my wings gently at the thought, then tuck them against my sides again. "Can you fly with your little ear wings?" I ask the question that everyone must be asking! With no care of course to whether it might not be a little insensitive. That's all hindsight.

""
342 words
@[Argen] @[Maren]
Sorry there wasn't more! I didn't know what all to write :|

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.