the Rift

rub a dub dub [Ghost] [Default to Oxy]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Ok, so you know that you agreed to do these seasonal spar things- something about training your warriors or whatever- but you didn’t really think that meant you too. You’re obviously the fittest amongst the group, and they want you to go practice? Great. And then, to top it all off, they want you to practice with the lady leader. If it had been the golden pegasus, you might have tolerated it, but you’re more than a little annoyed by the lady leader’s promotion. Now, not that you’ve been paying any attention anyways, but you’re pretty sure she hasn’t done much for the betterment of the herd. Of course, have you? Not really.

You did make some foals. It was sort of an accident, but that counts, right? Populating the earth and all that shit? Bringing new life into the world? You don’t even know. Not that you know much. Before, you were part of the herd because you were just sure that pissing off the glass horn was a great way to spend your time. Now you’re just here because Snowflake is here and, as much as you’d like to deny it, you know that you love her. So, wherever Snowflake goes, is where you go… you guess. Truth be told, you haven’t seen her around much, but then… You’ve been a little preoccupied. This stupid sickness just won’t stop.

Because you’re an ornery asshole, you tromp right into the middle of the pond where the waterfall hemorrhages all of its fluids, chewing a vine of locoweed along the way. All along the border of the pond, snakes slither to and fro while you try to decide if they’re real or fake. Have you ever seen snakes here before? No. But then… have you ever looked? Also a no. Damnit. You vaguely remember a frog being here once… Didn’t Thing #1 blow it up? It’s all a little vague now. Whatever. And you’re sure that the sharks in the water by your feet won’t hurt you… or will they?

Shaking your head to try and clear yourself from these distractions (real, or imagined), you bellow out to the lady leader. You hope she managed to follow you. “Well, COME ON!” Your gravely voice will surely never win you any awards, but it gets the job done. Shifting into a familiar fighting stance- legs wide and head low, ears pricked and eyes watchful, you wait. Her move.

@[Ghost]
Spar- Regular Timeline
Scenery: Hidden Falls, Oxy standing in the middle of the pond where the waterfall lands/empties, all snakes and sharks are imagined because Oxy is on a quest where he is hallucinating, late morning/early afternoon, slightly overcast day, banks around the pond are still muddy from spring
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Indeed I follow the Addict, quietly and with reservation, my dark eyes calculating him from behind. I don’t really know him though I’ve known of him for a while now, ever since my first meeting with the Asylum I’ve come to know bits and bats of this ragged creature, but not enough to call out to him in familiarity. Creature. It fits him well I think, he looks and talks more like a beast than that of a civilised horse, but then again, isn’t that why he is our Legatus? I don’t need him to talk pretty, I needed him to fight and fight well. I am not meant to win today as my challenger should be far more capable than me, but still, I will test him all the same with as much strength as I can muster against such a titan. Though still the odd thought passes through my mind and fills me with lament over my lack of physical strength, perhaps it would have been better if I were bred for open battle. Alas, I am a skinny deer in front of a brutish lion and I cannot change that.

The waterfall crashes into a pool where Oxy stands, his impatient voice forces my ears flat against my neck and drags a snort from my nose. "All in good time ruffian" I call back to him in my usual cool manner and I wonder why he didn’t just charge straight for me. Or was he being polite? I doubt that for some reason. He stands like a well-tuned knight who lacked the general chivalry and pomp that some battles had, I imagine he simply stomps through his opponents with that hefty body of his. Though it was rather on the skinny side which was a surprise given the rich landscape he lives in.

Clouds hampered the high summer sunshine and I found myself enjoying the shadow it created across the land. A cloudless day is not a favourite of mine. The only thing I wanted now is the cool feel of rain, but maybe I was wishing for too much and if I dally any longer I fear this hellion may leave out of impatience. He didn’t strike me as the kind to wait for very long though maybe I’m being presumptuous.

The loose strands of a quickly hashed together plan forms in my head as I take in his lack of wings and unfurl my own. My pace changes into that of a brisk, bouncy canter and soon I’m in the air. Even from this advantage he still looks like a mammoth down there and I take in a shaky, nervous breath. It’s not often I’m shaken, but I would be a fool to walk into this fight with nothing but bold arrogance like I did the last. No, I learnt that lesson the hard way. That burn still scars my back.

I twist around near the waterfall with hopes its crashing noise would help in making it harder for him to react as I plunge as quickly as I can. Slotting my wings closer to my side as I aim for where I think his right shoulder is, flying past sharply as I lash out my back feet before turning away and upwards again. This time I don’t climb so high in hopes of keeping up the momentum I had hopefully gained, my gaze still craning to keep tabs on his position before I dive back in again, this time coming from above him. I attempt to land my rear hooves in a sharp smack upon his rump and my face contorts into a hard worked concentration.

In the back of my mind I pray I’m swift enough to unnerve this brute and strong enough to defend whatever he throws at me. Even though betraying thoughts still tugged at one side of mind, telling me this was folly and that the end result would only be bitterness. Determined, I try pushing this intrusive speculation away and focus on scaling the mountainous task in front of me.

[681 words | 1/3
Ghost makes two attacks from the air, the first aiming for his right shoulder and the second for the top of his rump. Both with back legs.]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Ghost calls out over the roar of the waterfall and you can’t help but thinking that you like the sound of Snowflake’s voice better. Where Snowflake’s voice is warm and caring, Ghost’s is cool and flat. Indeed, there are many things that you imagine Snowflake does better than Ghost; nevertheless, her dark color aside, Ghost does seem to resemble your love. With large wings protruding from a sturdy but long-legged body, you have to image their abilities in combat are similar. You may be intoxicated and under the spell of the Moon Goddess, but even you can remember the way Snowflake’s body felt as you chased after her in the heat of battle. You remember the way her body twisted and turned, diving left and right as she avoided your horns and teeth and hooves- the memories almost make you want to walk away from this fight now. Nothing that Ghost can do now will be half as potent as Snowflake’s musk during the heat of battle.

That said, the idea of victory is too enticing to ignore. You’ve beaten Snowflake twice now; you’re more than certain you can also best her body double in combat.

One thing you cannot say you’ve ever seen before, though, is Snowflake take flight. It’s strange, as you stand in the midst of circling shark fins, that the only thought you have is that of pegasi in the sky. For all the time you’ve known her, you can’t remember the icy woman spreading her wings and taking to the sky. Can she even fly? Perhaps you should be worried about the way the sharks spin and snap at your hooves, the way the snakes on the shore slither and hiss at you, but you only stand there in the early morning light and attempt to conjure a memory of Snowflake in the sky. Try, try as you might, though, you cannot find one in your brain.

Perhaps, though, you should have dropped your attempts to find such a memory. Perhaps, you should not have stood so still in the water with only your addled brain to keep you company. One thing that the lady leader embodies that Snowflake does not is stealth. Where Snowflake attacks with flare and gusto, with sweeping motions and forward bravado, Ghost attacks with craftiness and a surreptitious attention to detail. Her descent upon you, masked by the roar of tumbling water, is all but unknown to you until her hooves crash into your shoulder. You don’t even have a chance to react or defend yourself, and she’s gone again before you can even think.

Despite your attempt at a steady stance, your hooves still stumble to the left. Your underweight body is no match for the speed and force of the lady leader’s attack and your drugs don’t do much for balance anyways. The pain hits you a moment later, your muscles tightening down and pulsing in anger at the assault. Unfortunately, you don’t have much time to tend to the injury or consider the hinderance the deep bruises are going to cause. Sharks snap at your hooves, sending you dancing back right just in time for Ghost’s return- this time, you’re ready. You won’t be bested by this Snowflake imposter a second time.

As she swoops towards you, you keep one eye on her, prepared for a hit that you expect will come. She does not disappoint. As her hooves extend, your own muscles bunch. Wait… wait… you have to remind yourself, your body too eager to jump too early. You can’t remember the last time you tested yourself against an aerial pegasus but you know is that timing is everything. So, as her hooves extend towards your rump, you accept that she will leave another deep, deep bruise on your hide. Your bunched muscles explode into motion just as her hooves come down upon you, throwing your body into a rear. You hope your body will crash into hers and throw her off course, perhaps grounding her. Just for good measure, you attempt to release your blood magic upon her as well. She can’t fly without oxygen… right?

As your hooves land back in the water, you get a sudden stroke of brilliance and decide to follow through with it. Anything to get her back to the ground- you won’t win without her on even territory, you’re certain. Reaching down, you attempt to grab a shark by its dorsal fin and toss it into the air towards Ghost. You must look like quite foolish attempting to throw imaginary sharks towards her, but you don’t know the difference, and you kind of thought it was a good plan. As your shoulder and rump throb in time with your pulse, your eyes seek the outcome of your attack.

Post| 1/3
WC| 799
OOC| Dark x Water Magic: Able to burst red blood cells, causing reduced hemoglobin levels therefore signs of anemia and oxygen deprivation. Symptoms include muscle cramping, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, disorientation and fade after 30 seconds.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

There was something satisfactory and yet annoying about the way my hooves connect with his shoulder. The beautiful thump of flesh hit squarely and his stumble away was enough to tell me of my initial success though my mind reeled at why he didn’t just move. Was he not taking me seriously? I find my disjointed thoughts are shocked at the apparent ease and I'm slowly being drawn into a forlorn hope that this Legatus was not all he seemed. When my body twists and forms the second attack I am reminded of just why first thoughts are not always correct and that pinning hopes on slender chances was leaving me with nothing but a fools hope. Still, my feet reach out and grab their target with another thump, but this time he is awake and before I can move away he is upon me in a well-timed rear. His mahogany hide connects sweetly with mine and I waver downwards, leaning into my left as I hastily flap my wings in attempt to right myself and inwardly I curse my fragile body mass. I may have stricken him successfully, but it only took him a mere few seconds to land me in the deep end of trouble.

I gag at the air, why am I so breathless? The fight has only just begun and I surely cannot be so tired already. My hooves hit the dry floor just outside the pool my burly challenger was splashing around in and suddenly I find my muscles have also given up on me. They cramp and I wince, stumbling forwards and dragging my nose along the muddy ground, scraping fur and flesh away before finally dragging it up. It forces a painful grunt from my lips and I battle with my legs, momentum slowing from my fall, but the world around was still a dizzy shambles. As I halt I breathe in short, struggling bouts and try to settle my panicking, fast beating heart. Why am I like this?! Perhaps I’ve eaten something I shouldn’t have or maybe that brute has poisoned me, but when could he have possibly done that?

Disgruntled, I drag my gaze around to suddenly frown at the scene before me. I wanted to say something, exclaim my confusion as to what on earth he was reaching for, but the apparent lack of oxygen robbed me of speech. I stumble back slightly as he tosses whatever it was he was grabbing for and I brace myself for the impact… Nothing. Was he a genuine idiot?! my eyes bored into him as droplets of water splashed against my face from his bizarre attack before finally I shake my head in disbelief. I’ve met strange folk, but he was topping list.

I try shaking my thoughts free of this peculiar scene and attempt to focus my attention inwards, reaching for my own magic source. It’s hard, I remember the last time I did this against the boy and his dragon, and I had to briefly leave the field of battle to order my thoughts. This time it was even worse, this fever I have suddenly grown is gnawing away at my body and finally I gasp in frustration. I can’t do it. Whatever this clown has done has done to me has taken away the concentration levels I needed to deal him a vengeful blow of burning blood. I abandon the fruitless task in irritation and focus instead on the tiny process of breathing, slowly folding my wings into my sides. For now, flying would only hinder me and I must try defeat this oaf from the ground.

My right side has a dull, bruising throb from where his bony body slammed against mine from earlier and my muscles complain when I urge them forwards, my eyes narrowing in strain. I amble into a trot and move to where I think he is positioned, not favouring any side in particular in hope to catch him off guard. I felt weak, I needed to be smart to compensate for my loss of strength and I continued to head straight for his face, my head slightly lowered. When I was near enough and my hooves splashed into the water, I jinxed my head to his right and went to try slice my horn across his cheek before following it through with a bite aimed for the lower part of his neck.

This close, I was suddenly aware of just how much bigger he was than me and how much damage he could deal. I was close, far closer to him than I wanted to be and the water around me did nothing for the muscle cramp. Yet, for now, this was the best I could muster in my state.

[796 words 2/3]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

The satisfaction of your body hitting against hers, flesh grinding against flesh, bodies beating bodies and drawing sharp pains where blunt sides have melded together should be drawing a smile to your lips. You should be relishing in the mild pain, the knowledge of a job well done, a tactic tried that succeeded; yet, somehow, you find that the satisfaction you get is superficial- cursory, even. The rush is there, surely, but it does not stay. It doesn’t linger in your heart and drive you onwards the way you are familiar with. Why?

Hallucinations, you suspect. It’s hard to be excited about something when there is equal chance of it being reality or fiction. Did you hit her, or did you just think you hit her? Did you bruise her and throw her off course? Is Ghost even here now, fighting you? Fiction and reality meld, the two having become one at the whim of the Moon Bitch, and you still haven’t sorted out a good way to tell one from the other. Even the sharks in the water and the crocodiles on the beach are mysterious to you. Here or not? It’s hard to say.

Speaking of, the lady leader does not seem too phased by the shark you’ve tossed her direction. Reality, or fiction? The scale tilts, leaning in the direction of fantasy. It makes you braver, and you advance through the water, droplets splashing up your limbs. The scenery is odd, the roar of the waterfall behind you distracting, and you lose your focus as you turn to catch a glance of the falling waters. Snowflake likes them so much, they remind you of her. But as much as you may miss her, this battle is not for her. So, if the morphing frame you see behind the waterfall is truly Snowflake or not, you cannot lose your focus for so long.

When you turn back from the waterfall, surprise invades your bones, making you tense. You had not expected the lady leader to come head on towards you. Dancing backwards through the water, your hooves rise exceptionally high, trying to fight the drag of the water. So slow going backwards, though, you are no match for Ghost’s speed. She catches you, if aware, and you only just manage to toss your head to the side away from her horn. No need to get cut on the face, if you can help it. Instead, her horn slides down the left length of your neck towards your shoulder.

The pain of the long cuts, deep and flowing crimson, is enough to spur you forward. Heaving your body forward, trying to remember that the sharks in the water are fake. It’s difficult- your steps still falter as one tries to bite you. Stupidly, since your blood has not yet clotted in the wounds, you decide that your left neck would make an excellent weapon. Throwing your head and girth to the side, you attempt to assault her. A battering would do nicely, a reminder that you’re bigger and badder than she is. Continuing to drive forward, you try to buck, splashing water everywhere in the process, hoping that your shoed hind hooves might come in contact somewhere on the woman. All the while you’re doing this, your companion is trying to help as well, picking up rocks and attempting to aim them towards Ghost, wondering if they will leave small wounds like the twinging reminder of the stone lodged in your left shoulder blade.

Oh, how you would love to see her yield to you in this battle.

Post| 2/3
WC| 599

Nyte Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ghost defaults to Oxy

Oxy +0.5 VP