the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! And the Winds that Heal

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
It is a slow walk back, Sohalia having thanked both Africa and I for helping her. But, really, I didn't doubt either of us would have dropped everything in a second to help our fallen sister. Africa resting upon my back as each of their limbs carried them a step closer to the Falls.

Weary steps, tired minds. Her family was safe. Sohalia was safe. She was healed now, thanks to Africa. Africa was safe, pressed snug in the dip of my back. We were safe. So, I led them back into the Falls, carefully climbing up the steps and into the lands, before heading toward the back of the lands where the caves had been and the cells were made. Inching my way inside I pulled flowers from the ground, moving them into the cave with my magic before gently ripping it from the ground. Thus, making it easier to create a bed for the mares to lay. A soft bed where we could all rest and gather our energy once more.

Only once completing it, did I emerge again and allow words to fall from my lips. "Come, let's rest. We will all fill each other in," I said, knowing that Sohalia must have missed a lot - that she would need to be informed of the death of Skysong before I allowed her to travel off again. There was much to cover, and rest for a weary soul would be necessary. More necessary for Soh then for Africa or I. However, we all would need it, that much I knew.

continuation from The Stars That Blind Us

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

The angel has never been to the Hidden Falls before.

Astraeus soars above, golden wings in a sapphire sky. The images he sends her from above are staggering: towering waterfalls cascading from winding riverbeds, rainbow droplets ricocheting off each protruding rock and out of every crevasse, emerald forage scattered throughout. If she was not so in love with her desert home, she might consider staying - but no. She must return to her family. Surely they've missed her - haven't they? As they climb the stone steps leading into her friends' herdland, the dove wonders if it's true.

Gaucho has never been the most emotional of lovers, and her children have, more often than not, taken to ambivalence towards her. Did they even notice she was gone? Or have they just continued on, day in and day out, doing all that they are meant to do without a second thought of their missing mate or mother? It isn't like she contributed a great deal to the herd - oh, sure, she had had pretty ideas, and she had grown to love her role of responsibility, but she had been spirited away before she could really do anything. What would she be remembered for? A placeholder until the real leaders stepped up to the plate?

The trio settle in a cavern that Rasta has covered in flowers and moss; the Transcended sinks gratefully into the bed that the palomino has created, reveling in its soft feeling against her pelt. "I didn't leave," she offers tentatively, defensively, as though she has to explain her disappearance to those who likely didn't even know of it. Perhaps she is preparing for the argument that is sure to await her back home - for how could Gaucho know that she had been taken, and hadn't she just promised him to stay?

"I was taken by a mercenary from my homeland. The group that killed my family wanted to secure their reign by mating with the lost princess. By ensuring a line of twice-royal children through me, they thought they would bring peace." She sighed. "Apparently, the new rulers have not been as welcome as they had hoped In any case, I escaped as soon as I could... but obviously I didn't do a very good job. But there - it's over now. Tell me of yourselves, tell me what I've missed this last season." She did not ask about the Dragon's Throat, though that was where her curiosity burned hottest.

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Though perhaps not the best scenario for her friends, the long journey home from Thistle Meadow had given Africa the quality rest, the deepest sleep, needed to restore her strength. When she had first been given Earth’s magic to mend with, the Gallant had given stern warning that it would sap her of energy. Already that consequence had become a rather regular occurrence, and though undoubtedly it worried the folks that were witness, the one-winged mare was well familiar with all it entailed. However, it was not all bad; trailing the down-time was a wonderful feeling of euphoria, wildly refreshing.

The sound of voices resonating off stone lured her to wake, and pale golden eyes danced across the dark walls surrounding; cautiously pupils pinned as they explored. Silas? her mind whispered, and the zephyr hopped across curled talons through the wilting greenery to nestle by her side. Home... he told her tenderly, preening feather’s along her thick grey cloak that had been moved from place over the course of the journey. She sighed heavily, and though a smile brightened her mind, it was interrupted from her expression by the cold, hard shell of beak forming her mouth.

Quietly she glanced by the two mares; bodies that seemed to the small bird upon the ground, vast and overwhelming. It seemed there would be space enough for her to join them in true form, and where she was nestled by the rear wall of the cell (the other, beside her nest by the stream, she narrowed her thoughts to summon the magic from within which would fuel her transformation. Silas at once opened his wingspan to slow the time around his beloved – to the chatting pair, the change should appear instantly, with no audibly grinding bones or hideous swelling). Without so much as a gasp to fill deprived (much larger) lungs, she was curled against her wing with them as a mare, and a thoughtful smile graced her lips.

They had been talking about a kidnapping, Sohalia had been taken it seemed, and concern quickly dimmed the lightness of her mood. A tender bump was offered towards the white dove by her velvet soft nose, and she hummed as though in effort to comfort the painful memory. Perhaps Rasta’s news – not that dissimilar to the Trascended – would be be worth more than Africa’s own. The dappled mare srugged awkwardly her shoulders above tucked knees and replied, “I haven’t really any news.”

Image Credits

Tagged: @[Sohalia] & @[Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

Sohalia lay down next to her, sinking into the bed of grass and flowers before saying that she didn’t leave. She tries to explain and it is only concern that rushes through my veins. Instantly, I reach out to offer tender caresses to the one whom I considered a sister. She asks to learn more of what had happened between Africa and I.

Africa says that she does not have any news after curling up with the both of us in the safe haven that I had done my best to create. A gentle sigh escapes my mouth as I allow my ears to flicker. "I ran into Gaucho… during the Murder-spree…" I explained, voice wary. "He said that you had left for Academy business… something that was Tandavi's idea for everyone to learn? I don't know… I hadn't heard of it before…" Again, I paused, trying to figure out how to explain some of this to Sohalia. "Skysong… she was killed… I'm sorry," I whispered, resting my head upon her shoulder if she would allow for me to do so. A frail attempt to comfort. "He said if he found you first he would tell me. I told him I would go find him if I found you first." There was a gentle snort, "I'd like to go back with you to the Throat… to make sure he knows that I know." I explain, blind eyes flickering around. "I… don't have any other information regarding your family, though… I'm sorry…"

I wasn't sure Sohalia would understand. But, I tried to give her what knew. I tried to fill her in as best as I could on the family I knew I was no longer a part of.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Astraeus flitters silently into the cave in which the trio have settled themselves, coming to rest on his bonded's withers. The dove sighs gratefully, settling into their little nook, allowing herself to relax in the presence of her old friends. She still yearns to leave for the Dragon's Throat, but between her journey and the subsequent healing, she knows that she is not yet strong enough. She will leave on the morrow, perhaps, or the day after that. In any case, she knows better than to worry about it now. She will get there when she gets there, and that will be soon enough.

Her story is met with sighs and caresses of sympathy from both of her companions, which she accepts with a small smile that does little to hide the haunted look in her eyes. It has not been an enjoyable season for the mare, nor does she particularly wish to relive the experience over and over again... and yet she knows that this is precisely what she will have to do, first with her mate, then with her children - and gods know who else. Does she owe the story to her herd? She has very few friends left to tell, not after the death of Rowan (oh, how long ago that was now!) and Phaedra.

Speaking of whom, Rasta mentions the brutal string of murders and the angel perks her ears forward. "I suppose that's true enough. I did leave on Academy business, but it was not what kept me away. I'm not sure what Tandavi has to do with it - though perhaps she took over after I disappeared," she mused, her distant gaze flitting momentarily away. "Did they find the murderer?" she inquires, almost an afterthought.

And then the world falls away.

Her daughter is dead.

Her daughter was murdered.

"Skysong?" she whispered, her eyes flooding with tears. She had never gotten to say goodbye, never gotten to tell the young mare that her mother loved her. Skysong had run from her overbearing mothering, had run away and never looked back. The last the dove had seen of her was at Rowan's death, and even then they barely spoke, united only in their mutual grief. And now she is dead? "How? Who?"

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

(just your friendly neighborhood admin doing some fixin')
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!