[OPEN] Changed Man [rejoining]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
de:

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

We move as one. Not just to return to Helovia, but to return home. Alanna scouts ahead, ensuring that our path is clear. I don't want to run into anyone until we arrive back in the Edge. I've been gone for months now, perhaps an entire season by the looks of things. The cold grip of FrostFall was almost entirely gone, the warmth of even the end of BirdSong could be felt against my patched coat. Almost there. Alanna's voice sounds relieved in my head.

I for one, am exhausted by the trip. I had returned to Isilme... The home of my birth. What I was not expecting.... Was all of the bodies I found there. The shades still ran wild, but one new one had joined them. Even through she was murdered here.... Well I guess my mother's soul had never really left Isilme. It died there, the day she realized my father and grandmother did not make it out. At least, that is the only thing she had told me when she had gone back. I coughed, my lungs wheezing slightly. That last attack by the shades had taken more out of me than I could of ever imagined. The physical wounds have healed, the emotional... Well, I don't know if those ever will. In time. We are safe, we are home. Her voice sounds more hopeful than mine ever will.

We stop at the boarders. To be honest, as much as we have come and gone... I can't say we will be welcomed back with open arms. Is Kaj and Kahlua even still the King and Queen? I can only hope so. It's Alanna who breaks the early morning silence. She howls, her voice both haunting and beautiful. Guess we both have changed then? She asks in my mind. Yes, we've both grown up.... Danger will do that I guess. I then add my own voice to her call. Anyone here? Anyone home?

talk

@[Kaj] @[Kahlua]

((Kaj and/or Kahlua first please, then open to all who knew him))

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Of all the traits Kaj had claimed as his own during the span of his life, quick to anger had never been on the list. Anger was an emotion he did not often indulge in, and it was generally on behalf of others, not directly stemmed from his own plethora of reactions. Yet it simmered in his veins, mingled with disbelief and despair, until he was drunk on the cocktail of his own plentiful emotions. Kaj had never fought with Kahlua, had never engaged in the trading of barbed words and raised voices with the beauty he had loved as long as he could recall. Doing so had drained him, made him feel as useless as he had after his fight with Resplendence. Why was it that he could no longer keep the peace between he and those he loved most? Was he failing? What had he done to incur the wrath of his beloved family, and in such magnitude?

Each massive hoof dragged through the earth, dryer than he recalled. The seasons seemed to change so quickly...was time becoming meaningless to him? Was he becoming old, aged? It certainly felt as if his soul was old and heavy, even when his body was in its prime.

Newly burnt hair rustled in the dry wind, sticking straight up off the crest of his neck. A mohawk given to him by Valiance, one he often forgot he had until the wind caressed his neck a certain way, or he wouldn't catch his longer tresses on various tree branches and foliage. It was a reminder of everything he'd failed to do, all the losses he'd suffered through and wrongs he'd made. His heart was heavy and weary, exhausted with the weight of his neverending sorrows. A thousand tendrils of love spread throughout his life, only for each to become poisoned or severed against his will and desires. Left alone, adrift, in a world he still didn't understand. Would he ever? Or would he continue to suffer, because of his inability to grasp Helovia and her intricacies?

A howl broke the steady thrum of his subconscious thoughts, turning a mighty golden head towards the northern border. For a moment Kaj hesitated, limbs jerking sporadically in the opposite direction, desiring anything but confrontation. But, Kaj was closest. The Edge was a land of massive proportions, it would be simply unfair to leave someone else to the duty when he himself was close at hand. Turning back to the sound, he lifted his head, neck cording and tightening as song burst forth in response from his own lips.

I shall come.

Heavy steps drew him quickly towards the broken remains of the wall, the familiar howl that played on old chords and memories in his head. Yet, the voice that broke the barrier of silence was what tapped into the correct folder for the king. Aaron.

With a stronger, more eager step, the beast advanced upon the borders. Excitement and helpless desire burst like erratic fireworks in his chest. After all this time...had Aaron returned? Kaj burst through the foliage, and there before his eyes was his old Glazier, weathered and weary but alive. "Aaron," he breathed, momentarily frozen in his steps, feeling as if he had gazed into a mirror reflecting the past. Perhaps he could fix this. Perhaps he was not beyond saving.

Racing forth, he paused only to ensure not smacking into the poor paint, but muzzle was thrust in eager desire to reaffirm their relationship. "Welcome home, brother," he grunted happily, eyes reflecting the bright summer skies above. Relieved. Maybe he could redeem himself, if only to one person.

KAJ
carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done
image credits
table by whit

@[Aaron]

de:

Aaron</style>

A call burst forward, a voice that was easily recognized. Kaj comes. Her voice spoke smoothly in my mind. I sighed with relief. My brother at arms, my King. Just one one I had hoped to see. I could hear him long before I could see him. The moment he crashed through the undergrowth my frame relaxed slightly. Aaron. It seemed as if both of us moved forward at the same time. Worn and sore, I didn't care. Kaj meant I was home. Not caring if we smacked into one another or not I met him as he rushed forward. I cared not that he was my King. Right now, in this moment he was my brother. The one who had seen me lose it all the last time I returned to Helovia. I eagerly attempt to press my face against his neck.

Even Alanna bounded about happily. She had lived in these woods most of her life. For her, this was more home then the Foothills had ever been. I am home, brother. I wheezed slightly as I spoke. I would need to see a Moon Doctor at some point in the future. But for now, it was just good to be back with those who cared. My family. I stepped back finally, settling into a more respectful manner. I am sorry I left, again. I had to see what had become of my birth home. Why my dam was so changed after she came back. Now I know. I burst into a coughing fit, more evidence that not all would be well on the inside. My brown eyes look to my King. Once I am rested, I wish to serve both you and Kahlua. I assume she is still queen. I pause, as if waiting for a reaction to see if the smaller paint mare was indeed still queen or if another had taken her place. I wish to fight, not craft this time. Alanna looked to me, worried. I know what i'm doing Lanna. I called her by a shorter version of her name. Something I only do through our bond. She sighs softly, Not good for you. But I stand by you, always. I close my eyes for a second in acceptance.

talk

@[Kaj]

image credits

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

They moved in tandem, a motion split in two mirrors, seeking reunion. Common ground. A king and his soldier, but not on this soil. No, they were merely brothers. Both with too heavy a burden to bear, too much blood on the path of their past. They came together like broken souls, fitting their shattered edges together, trying to form a semblance of normality. Kaj received him with a neck thrown round Aaron's withers, the paint's face warm and heavy against the arch of his neck. Familiar. Alanna's pawsteps were the chorus to their joining, singing a song of reunion, of home and safety and kinship.

Aaron's voice mumbled out against his skin, and a mighty sigh of relief escaped the confines of the buckskin brute. His laugh was a little hysterical, but all joy. "I am glad to see you safe," he whispered, reluctantly parting from his faithful shepherd to give room for the words that spilled from his brother's lips in explanation. An explanation Aaron would never truly have to give. Not to Kaj. Not ever. And Kaj said as much, in the quiet lull that came between Aaron's words.

"You need not ever explain yourself to me, Aaron. Nor ever apologize for following the path of your heart," he assured quietly, even as he digested the information, preparing a proper response. He could never really understand Aaron's ordeal, but he could sympathize the pain and difficulty of it all. Perhaps that could be enough. His coughing was rather terrifying, and Kaj made an aborted step forward as if to heave the weight of that physical burden from his brother's skin.

"Aye, Kahlua is still Queen. Please, brother. Let me call you a healer. It pains me to see you ill," he pleaded, even though Aaron could not rightfully reject him. Kaj would summon them nonetheless, would force upon Aaron their healing powers, because Aaron had suffered enough. He was finally home. Kaj would not stand for such suffering to continue beneath his power. He hoped it would not come to that, however.

"You may serve however you want, Aaron. I will speak to the soldiers, tell them that you are to be among their ranks soon." Reaching out, he moved to brush his muzzle against Aaron's. Eyes softened. "We will welcome you home with open arms," he promised quietly.

KAJ
carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done
image credits
table by whit

@[Aaron]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She had been minding her own business, patrolling the Edge and relishing in the familiarity of her home when deep, obviously male voices danced between the trees and reached out to her ears. For a moment the golden-red gypsy paused mid-stride, head tilting in curiosity, trying to place faces to the voices that she heard... They were both familiar, and the voice of the Stormbringer settled into her head, but the second, the softer one, the one so achingly familiar...

Who was it?

Unable to sate her curiosity nor her desire to know, Romani left her trodden path of familiarity and pushed her considerable bulk through the trees and over upturned roots, azure eyes wide. Who was Kaj speaking to? Who had reached the Edge's borders? Who sounded so blastedly familiar?

Kasai glanced from the path ahead to the Haflinger mare, concern and curiosity of her own fighting for equal parts within the bond the two shared. Together they broke through the treeline, and Romani's sharp, crisp sapphire eyes widened. Why... Could it really be? Was her eyes playing tricks on her?

"Aaron?"

That painted hide was the first thing that the mare put together, the strength and power that rippled beneath that bay tobiano fur. His eyes melted a place in her heart, and to see the once proud, warm stallion reduced to such a state caused the Haflinger's heart to lurch. It was him! At her side, Kasai let out a warm, half-garbled purr of deep pleasure at seeing the stallion once again, as well as the Hellhound that accompanied him.

"Oh, Aaron... By the Gods!" Moving closer and hoping that her presence would not be frowned upon, the gypsy ventured close to where Kaj and Aaron stood so intimately close, and idly reached out to brush her muzzle against her King's tawny shoulder in recognition and greeting, blue eyes flicking briefly up to Kaj's gaze before her attention was focused more soley on Aaron. Her Foothills brother.

Despite their height difference, Romani lifted her muzzle as an offering of familiarity, intending to brush the velvety skin of her muzzle against Aaron's own. "I'm so glad to see you've come home, Aaron..."

ooc: So, I hope no one minds Romani jumping in. <3 @[Aaron]

You Ain't Ever Gonna Change
You Got a Gypsy Soul to Blame
And You Were Born for Leavin'

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

Who was at the border? Resplendence was yet again, waddling around the border. This time, though, she heard Kaj's voice before anything else. She moved quickly (as quickly as a very pregnant mare could) until she came up beside not only Kaj, but Romani and Aaron. Her eyes lingered across his frame as words were passed back and forth (even though she only caught the words of Romani).

She took her space, behind Kaj and Romani, until all were done speaking. Then, she slowly inched her way forward - glitter radiating a light pink glow that was easy to see. And, when she stopped, the glitter began to accumulate before she spoke, Valiance situated carefully upon her withers as she struggled to find the words. "Aaron…" she whispered, eyes blinking back tears and a shuddering breath. "You're alive…" choked words and grateful soul. Oh, how he was alive! Her family was slowly reforming!

This was great news! Wonderful news! She struggled to keep the desire to try and wrap the stag in a welcoming embrace, unsure if he would want the physical contact. She struggled to keep the contact from all those present - for all that she wanted to do (mind covered in hormones as it was) was to shower them in love, to rejoice in the fact that her family was reuniting, and to spread the joy that lingered in her soul.

And oh, wasn't the joy just overwhelmingly large? Wasn't it just leaking from every pore? Oh, how she wanted to pull everyone into a hug - to wrap her neck over each of them. How she wanted to let the tears of joy fall.

But not yet. Not until she knew everyone was actually fine...

healer = present ;3 ©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Aaron</style>

((not sure how good this will be. sorry for the wait))

We listen as one as Kaj speaks. The knight before me means more to me than he will ever know. It was he who picked me up off the cave floors after I discovered the deaths of my sisters. It was he who seems to always be there with a shoulder to lean on just when I need it the most. I love him as a brother, as if he was of my own blood. He speaks of calling a healer, and Lanna looks to me and speaks into my mind calmly. You are home, you need to be healed and you need rest. I nod.

However before I can speak another familiar face arrives, followed shortly by another. Romani. I greet her warmly, accepting the brush of her muzzle to mine. Good to see you are well. I cough suddenly, wheezing. It is only then I look to Res. Sweet sweet Res. I left her when she needed me the most. I think that is the part that hurts the worse. She was falling apart, just as I was. She needed me, and I left. Res. I turned from Kaj and Romani, closing the space between us. I do not embrace her as I did Kaj, only because I do not know if she will accept it. Instead I reach out my muzzle to her's, to brush it gently. Not only am I alive, but I will never leave like that again. I looked over to the other two. That I can promise... However I learned much more than about my old homelands while I was away. My gaze turned to Kaj, hoping he would know what I was meaning. I stepped back, my healing could wait for a moment while I passed this information on to those I could trust the most. I sought out those, that had seen my sisters last... Azale and Sakura both have daughters.. From what I was told, those daughters may very well be seeking me out here in Helovia. I dissolved into another coughing and wheezing fit. Once I could speak again I forced a smile across my lips. Looks like I could use some healing first... The shades of Isilme.. Kinda took their toll on me.. Now I understand why we had to leave. I don't know who wuld even know where I was even talking about... But a few around Helovia would. Alanna knew now, between my memories and our visit.

talk

@[Kaj]

image credits

Et Spiritus Sancti