the Rift

[OPEN] !! Spectrum

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Quilyan was back. She was Moon Doctor again. Nayati was in love. She finally knew now that Kaj and Kahlua had never meant to desert her and the word was… right again in a sense. Valiance took to the skies, circling around in the hopes that someone would stop by and join Res when she was finally happy, finally radiating joy. It lingered in the lines of her face. It shimmered across her orbs. It showed in the way that she moved as she got settled inside her canopy.

Still, though, she radiated the joy from her corner. She stayed under her closed canopy and allowed her mind to ramble over all of the good things that had been happening in life lately. She allowed her mind to claw over the beautiful patterns of light that were cascading across her canopy. She allowed her mind to linger upon Quilyan's face - so glad that he was finally back. So glad that if she were to leave this little place of peace that she would find Quilyan not too far off for once.

Alas, as her mind wandered, she finally pulled herself from the ground. Her bodice lingering forward and stepping out of her tent and into the light. Today…. Today would be a good day.

Now, only to see if she could spend this day with someone else. Perhaps one of the people she considered family. To remind herself that she can actually survive. To remind herself that her family was actually there, even when she was happy (which was so completely and totally rare in these circumstances).

Open to anyone; Res is going to get her passive magic and her active, personal healing magic right now. EEPS. It'll happen in the next post so.

I ask that it's only 2 other people joining for my own sanity in replying. XD

@[Quilyan]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Oh! The discomfort was growing. She had forgotten about this part, forgot that there was a period where she just felt uncomfortable in her own skin. Well, last time she had been so focused on being worried that she was going to lose the baby and now, well… all she had to worry about was the father of this child finding out that she was only having it to keep him happy!

No, no. She was only allowed to have those thoughts at night. She was limiting herself to focusing on the dark in the dark. The rest of the time, she could be the happy, in-love mare that was having her second child! And it was easier to do that when she had a distraction - her favourite distraction being her friends.

It was easy to forget how terrible she was being when she was happy around them. Many didn’t even know the news and now that it was becoming quite obvious, Alysanne knew it would look strange for her to hide it. Even with her wings resting on her sides, they stuck out just a little more than usual.

Her walk, however, was delayed by the necessity of having a serious discussion with her unborn foal, who had taken to kicking rather harshly. Not being very nice to mommy! Mikey tried to sooth the foal - oh what would it be, a boy or a girl? - with his deep voice, singing to it softly. He always got his way and sure enough, the kicking settled down. He was going to make a wonderful father, wasn’t he? As the truth threatened to bubble out of her, Alysanne took her leave of their usual sleeping spot - careful to show affection by pressing her muzzle at length to his neck in goodbye.

A deep breath when she turned away steadied herself and the black and white mare set out to see who she could find. She hadn’t gotten along very far when thoughts of Resplendence popped in - it had been a little while since she had last checked in on the sweet mare and a visit was certainly due.

It was with delight when she did not find her friend hidden in the canopy - but out and enjoying a walk. Lately her always-present smile had been mixed with a false one but not now, there was no need to pretend how happy she was to see this friend! “Res!” Hemlock hooted his greeting as well, flying ahead and circling the pretty pink mare a couple times before returning to land upon Aly’s head. He really did seem to take a shine to her female friends, didn’t he? “How are you, my dear?” Closing the gap between them and reaching out to greet her warmly with a bump to the muzzle, Alysanne could see for sure that Res was looking much better than the last time they met. Well, what could be better than that?
Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

permission from Rottie for Mikey references/powerplaying
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

And so his beloved has accepted him back into her heart.

He has followed her back to the World's Edge once more, and it just feels so right. He smiles at nothing, just because he is home, and his home is with her. And oh, how he loves her! His heart is overflowing with joy, much to the dismay of his bonded. Zarina tends to have a bit less zeal, and the prince's incessant happiness is beginning to give her a headache. But even this cannot bring him down, not now, not today - not when the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and he is off to find his mate. His mind trails over the events of the last few days, lingering particularly on the image of Resplendence he holds in his mind: the way her anger melted and her love shone in her eyes; the way the curves of her body shivered under his touch; the way she nestled against him after, fitting so perfectly in the fold of his wing.

-Stop,- Zarina commands. -You're going to make me vomit.- The marmoset had not particularly been a fan of the events that transpired in the Heavenly Fields. She tried to distract herself, of course, but their bond was stronger than ever, and there was only so much she could shut out.

Spoilsport, he replies, chuckling quietly to himself as he steps out into the sunlight. He sees Resplendence and walks slowly toward her, ambling aimlessly through the familiar woods. He sees that another has found her before him, and he pauses, wondering if he should, perhaps, leave her to converse with a friend; then he steps forward with renewed energy, assured that his presence would at the very least be appreciated, if not entirely longed for. He strides into view, greeting Resplendence by tracing her topline from hips to withers with his muzzle before playfully lipping her mane. "Good morning, my love," he says with a smile. "And to you, Alysanne. How have you been? You look quite well."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The person who arrived first she had not truly expected to find, at least not in this manner. For, as the painted mare appeared, she was more or less… waddling. Her wings were resting just a little farther out and her steps were much slower. Was she pregnant? She had to be, no self-respecting mare would allow themselves to gain that much weight. Would they?

A wide smile rested across the mare's face as she called out Res's name, Hemlock hooting and circling around Res a couple of time before situating himself back on top of Aly. She asked how she was, gently bumping muzzles with the other mare. But, before Res could respond to her the sound of other hoofsteps caught her attention. "Quilyan," Valiance groaned through the bond, half disgusted after having witnessed the events in the Heavenly Fields. And yes, he was still trying to scrub the images from his mind. It was his warning for Res, because Quilyan was coming toward her from behind, though he decided today was a better day to sit atop Alysanne instead of Res (if the painted, pregnant mare would allow him to rest upon her haunches). He didn’t want to be anywhere near that boy's touch - not today, or anytime soon.

Her ear flickers back as he presses his maw across her topline and then lips at her expanses of hair - saying good morning before turning toward Alysanne. Res' eyes flicker, still not sure if she was pregnant and if she would soon be waddling around much like Alysanne was. But, she doesn't voice this idea - not yet. At least, she wouldn't until she was sure. "Much better," Res responds to Alysanne before allowing her body to ever-so-slightly lean against Quilyan's frame. "They returned me to Moon Doctor, Aly!" She announces cheerfully before motioning to Quilyan, "And he returned in one piece," a teasing tone sliding into her voice as her eyes dance with a strength and joy that she doubted anyone in the Edge had ever seen her hold.

Alas, there wasn’t much more time for conversation, because Valiance was startled as he heard the branches from a few nearby trees snap as well as the sound of rushing wind. He let out a sharp cry, shooting into the air and ducking just in time to miss the asteroid that plummeted to the ground between Res and Alysanne. A glittery shimmer from it's tail shining in the air only to congregate around Resplendence - covering her in a cloud of a deep red glitter (very close to that of Valiance's maroon scales).

She sneezes, attempting to shake it all off only to see it continues to accumulate from her mane and tail, slowly beginning to pool where she stood. But, before she could move, the asteroid broke, shattering into a ball of light that washed over her - swallowing her in a bright white light. How long she was stuck inside the light ball, she didn't know - thought I wasn't more than two minutes. However, when the ball disappeared, her mane and tail shined for a few minutes and she could feel another strength rush through her frame. It was similar to the way she could control the mists, in the feeling that ran through her veins, but she wasn't quite sure how she was getting this other healing magic.

For now, all she could do was stare between the two equines open-mouthed. "What just… what happened?" she questions, glitter still continuing to pool on the forest floor from her mane and tail.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Hemlock fluffed up his feathers in reaction to Valiance coming over but beyond allowing his head to swivel around to keep an eye on the intruding companion he did not object. Perhaps the owl picked up on the fact that the dragon needed somewhere to roost… or perhaps he was just busy enjoying the fact that there was no relationship drama occurring around him today. For her part, she happily accepted his presence.

Good news and an explanation on why Res was looking so good came both when Quilyan showed up and she got the answer to her question. Two times the good news! “Oh Res that’s wonderful! I’m so happy for you.” Absolutely amazing, she deserved the Moon Doctor position more than anyone, everything felt right again.

For a moment, her attention turned to the winged stallion - a smile brightening her face when she caught the way he greeted his love. That was what it should feel like to be with someone. “Welcome back, Quilyan! It’s great to see you again. And thank you, I have been well!” The call from Valiance cut her off from explaining further, from mentioning how he certainly looked quite well where he stood beside her friend, and Alysanne followed the sound just in time to have some warning before the asteroid came barrelling down and thudding against the earth between her and Res. The painted mare jumped out of instinct at the impact, wings clinging tight to her sides as though they could shield the foal from whatever was happening.

But beyond a couple chunks of dirt, nothing landed on her - it all showered upon Res. There was a powerful surge of concern - could the dust from an asteroid be harmful? - but there didn't seem to be anything negative... aside from the bright red glitter a bright light surrounded the dun before fading again. No signs of pain, thank goodness. The question that came immediately to her mind was exactly the same as the one Res spoke. “I... don’t know but Res, you’re glittering! Aly exclaimed with a delighted laugh. Perhaps she should still feel a little bit concerned if it wasn’t such a beautiful sight. Quilyan must certainly agree!

@[Quilyan]
Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Resplendence has always fit so very perfectly under his wing. She is so much smaller than he that her withers slip right beneath the joint where his wings meet his shoulder, allowing her to press gently against him. The feeling of the length of her body against his is exquisite, and he cannot help the tender smile that appears.

"And he returned in one piece," Resplendence teases him.

"As quickly as I could, my lady," he agrees.

As Alysanne finishes speaking, their peace is interrupted by a rather sudden, loud crash. The body of his mate slips from beneath his wing as he half-rears in surprise, blinded by the light emanating from the asteroid. "Resplendence!" he yells, fear flooding his veins, for what if he has come all the way to claim her only to lose her? But as the light from the asteroid fades, he sees that she remains unharmed, tainted only by a gentle glimmering. He is speechless, but quickly returns to her side, skimming his muzzle along her back. Nothing seems amiss.

His confusion is evident, but he does take note of how lovely she looks with the glitter in her hair. "It is quite lovely, my lady," he tells her, a puzzled frown on his face despite the warmth of his tone. "But... should you be checked out, in case it's dangerous?"

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!