the Rift

[OPEN] A Day To Remember

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

I hadn't traveled too far outside of the Dragon's Throat in my search of new plants to use for my role as a healer by the time I reached a gaping hole in the earth. Pausing in my tracks, I studied the area with critical eyes. There didn't seem to be too much of a reason for me to fear the area, there were other hoofprints around and the area seemed to be well-traveled. What was the harm in exploring these caves? With that thought, I marched down into the entrance without fear, waiting only a moment to let my eyes adjust to the new darkness.

Once I was in the caves, my mouth grew slack as I gazed at all of the fascinating details. A dull glow captured my attention from another cave, and the closer I stepped the more defined it became. When I entered the cave, a small gasp escaped my lips at the sheer beauty that filled the room. The ground beneath my hooves grew soft and sponge-like, absorbing the shock of my steps and welcoming me further. A soft glow illuminated the room from the young trees and the mushrooms that decorated them, setting the atmosphere with a perfectly matched song of a small waterfall and stream. My eyes traveled further upwards to the ceiling, studying the vines the trailed and spiraled down with glittering flowers. The very room itself was a secret getaway for lovers, romantic and peaceful with promising hopes of sweet words and gentle caresses. It was strange for a mare such as myself, knowing that I had no reason to be in such a beautiful cave and that I could have been intruding rudely on a couple's rendezvous.

Yet despite this feeling I walked deeper into the room, beginning to collect mouthfuls of moss to tuck away into my mane for future use. This moss was soft, delicate and absorbent, perfect for dressing and cleaning wounds - a must for any healer to have available. As I collected the vegetation, my nose bumped against something that I hadn't noticed before. Thinking it was a rock, I stepped back to go around. But when my gaze landed on the culprit, I realized that it was not a rock at all. Auds flicked forward as I realized it was a pearly egg. Immediately I shot my head up, scarlet eyes desperately searching the glowing cave for the egg's mother. But as far as I could tell, we were alone. Lowering my muzzle to the precious thing, I brushed my lips against the shell to see if there was any warmth left. The shell itself was cold, implying that it must have been here for some time but as my lips lingered I could feel a warmth towards the center. I felt the warmth inside the shell roll towards my touch, the tiny creature seeking the comfort that it's mother no longer gave.

With shock I pulled away, my heart skipping a beat to know that the being inside was not only still alive, but in need. I searched the nearest tree with my eyes, wondering if possibly the egg had fallen from a nest above. But there was no such nest. Surely it's mother must know it was missing? Yes, yes that must have been it. She would be back for it soon...But...The egg had felt so cold at first. With sad eyes I stared at the poor thing, wondering what the right thing to do would be. Nothing so small and helpless should be abandoned, forgotten and shunned. The thoughts hit a little close to home for me, and sealed the deal in my decision as I gently started to roll the egg onto the length of my trailing tail. It was too large to carry in my mouth, I had no wings to wrap around it, nor did I have any sort of bag to hold it. But my hair was not enough to keep it still.

The moss! Quickly I began to tuck mouthfuls of the moss around the egg, providing a safe cushion for the egg should I travel over any rough surfaces and a buffering wall to keep the egg in place. "There you go little one. Now, let's find your mother, shall we?"

OOC: Open to anyone! Morri has found her companion egg and doesn't really understand that it's been abandoned...
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Telesaan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Travelling deeper into the land was an arduous, time consuming process that would have been so much easier if there was a stupid map. Coming to a new land should mean there are greeters to "greet" you and give you that little map with the very helpful sign "You Are Here!" Like how in the fuck was someone supposed to know where "here" was if you hadn't a clue as to where the hell you were in the first place?!? Maybe someone just needed to invent a personal navigation system that would tell you any place you wanted to go and how to get there. Turn left at large rock and follow until you come across what could be another giant boulder then turn right. As if that shit would work. Speaking of giant boulders he was standing nearby many of them carrying on with his private little rant when a cave seemed to open up before him. "Well if I was to hide someplace dark and lucrative could be appealing" Following the assumptions that he guessed Altan would have made he began his descent.

Here sparkle sparkle... The pegasus murmured absently to himself more for his own personal amusement than anything. Whenever he did manage to track down his mangey brother he was not looking forward to what might ensue thereafter. Many thoughts had passed through his mind since the day he had found out what sins his brother had committed but to look him in the eye and tell him what he thought, not so much. Things would not be pleasant that much he was sure of. Tucking his wings tightly against his scarred body the pegasus slipped swiftly through the many corridors taking precaution to how much sound he created. So far the caves offered many strange sights and sounds but ultimately nothing in which he had hoped to find.

Turning back towards the exit he froze as a voice drifted to him from somewhere up ahead. Slinking over into the shadows he crept silently forward until his eyes fell upon yet another stranger of this land. This time was even more confusing than the first one for this mare seemed to lack all characteristic features of their species. Where were her wings? Had something happened to them? An accident like his perhaps? And was that...a giant bird egg? What the hell kinda birds lived in this place for it to crap out something that size?!? Shaking his head with disbelief for all the thing he had been seeing so far he felt as if it were all some terrible dream.

Staring after the mare for numerous seconds he finally decides that he has to face it at some point or another. Moving forward he approaches the mare oblivious to the fact that he was still operating under his silent mode. Clearing his throat his blue eyes look to find the mares under the tangle of forelock. "I doubt whatever left that thing here is ever coming back to get it you know." He stated not really sure what else to say.

Telesaan talks

•• TAGS: @[Morrigan] •• NOTES: Still getting used to him xd ••

Table by Moonstone Designs

Before I could even start moving, testing out the strength of my tail to drag the precious egg behind me, a rather familiar voice echoed in the caves. Without even looking up, I assumed that I had been joined by the seemingly omnipresent Morningstar. "I have to try, Buceph-" I started to speak as I turned my crown towards the shadowed figure that was barely lit by the glow of the magnificent plants surrounding us. My sentence was abruptly stopped, auds flicking forward with curiosity while my scarlet eyes narrowed to better inspect the stallion. Another pegasus, very much like the Chancellor of the Dragon's Throat, only with a few differences. Replacing the luxurious gold speckles of Bucephalus were sapphire spots and wing tips. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else, you sound quite a bit like him."

From there I ignored the similarities between the stallion before me and the one that drove me nuts back in the Throat, chalking it up to the fact that there were many black pegasi stallions in the world, just as there were many a plain bay that looked exactly alike. With a sigh I glanced back towards the beautiful egg, an edge of sadness in my voice at the thought that this poor creature was left to die. "I can't just leave it alone, I can't just let it die here..." I whispered softly, more to myself than to the stranger before me. When I looked back up to the stallion, I slowly began to walk forward to see if the egg would stay balanced in it's nest of moss. Success! I would have to make sure that I walked slowly, however. "I apologize for my rudeness. I am Morrigan, a healer for the Dragon's Throat. May I ask your name, so I do not call you by someone else's again by mistake?"

OOC: @[Telesaan]

Telesaan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Telesaan

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Blue eyes focused upon the mare with curiosity as he continued to study her, still in wonder that wings did not exist upon her shoulders. Was it possible that there could be others similar to their species but not directly the same? It was a little like experiencing your first snowfall when you were just a younging. You were not sure whether to be frightened of the aspect of white stuff falling from the sky or accepting of it. The world was a strange place after everything he had been through in his short number of years things continued to change before his eyes. Now if the wingless equine could be accepted as the "norm" for this place where exactly did giant bird eggs come into the picture?

As the mare notices his presence her vocals drift back to him quietly for he is still consumed by all the strange oddities. What did she just say? Or what was she trying to say? Buceph... did she say that or was he just imagining things? "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else, you sound quite a bit like him." Puzzled by the strangely familiar syllables he decides that it is better to just assume he was going insane than question the stranger more for details into her life. It had to be pure coincidence that whatever friend she happened to know had a name sounding similar to that of his long lost brother. After coming all this way to search for him surely there was no chance that it could be this easy. "No need to apologize it is easy to mistake a stranger for someone you know." He replied softly in response.

As the girl continued on without so much as a worry he was glad to not have to deal with awkwardness. Those of the opposite sex were quite peculiar creatures and to be realistic he hadn't any idea on how to deal with them. Some made him feel strange things deep inside but as to what it all meant he was oblivious. Instead of admitting to himself that there were things he had yet to discover he rathered to keep his mind focused on what he did know. Back to the giant bird egg topic, he discovered that for whatever reason this weird girl could not just leave well enough alone. Why couldn't she just leave it where she found it? Maybe it was meant to be left all alone to die, couldn't that be an option? Did all women have to overrationalize and assume that they needed to explain everything? Big ass egg....alone....in cave... and there is a logical answer to this how exactly?

"Telesaan." He replied dipping his head formally to the strange mare who now at least had a name. "So what exactly are you planning to do with that thing?" He questioned raising an eye as he motioned to the dino egg carefully placed within the tendrils of hair adorning Morrigan's neck. It was hard for him to relate compassion to something he had absolutely no knowledge of and if he had to guess, he wasn't the only one guessing on what the hell left it here in the first place. "What would even produce something like that?"

Telesaan Speaks

TAGS: @[Morrigan]
NOTES:

Credits

A soft smile spread across my lips as I dipped my crown respectively towards the stallion when he introduced himself, though it faded quickly when my attention was brought back to the egg that was safely nestled in my hair. "When I brushed against it earlier, whatever was inside rolled towards my touch. It needs the warmth, so I think it will have a better chance of survival in the desert sand of my home. With any luck, maybe it will survive and go on to live a happy life." There was a tone in my voice that couldn't hide the fact that I was afraid that my plan could potentially fail, knowing that despite my best efforts the soul inside could possibly end up dead. Yet despite all of this, I was hopeful. After all, if I were to leave the abandoned egg here, there was not a chance in the world for it to survive. At least I could sleep at night knowing that I at least tried.

A single aud flicked towards the doppleganger of Bucephalus, and I paused to think about his question, trying to think of the last time i ever saw an egg this size. Never before had I actually seen anything lay an egg of this size, and all I could do was shake my head with the fact that I simply didn't know. "There is no telling, I suppose we will find out if and when it hatches." The slight smile returned, and I began making my way towards the exit of the cave. It was becoming increasingly obvious to me just how alone I was with this stallion in an enclosed area, and that fact alone was making me quite uncomfortable. When I went around the winged stallion, I made sure to keep a wide arc between us, minding my distance to at least place me closer to the exit than he was. I didn't want to be rude though, and I looked back over my shoulder towards Telesaan. "Would you like to walk with me?" I asked, inviting him to follow me out to the surface in order to keep our conversation going. It was completely up to him, for I wasn't sure if he had actually come into the caves for a reason to begin with, and I didn't want to keep him from anything important.

OOC: @[Telesaan]