the Rift

[OPEN] Rare Is This Love

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier && Suli

"Brother, brother!!" The dragoness' voice was an exuberant trill within my head, much like a child who was pleading its parents for attention. I may have been annoyed under different circumstances, but no, for this find was simply too extraordinary.

The day I had received the egg which held an infant Suli was one I would never forget. I had shown kindness to the much too-large spiders in the deepest part of the forests, sparing them from the harm that everyone else seemed so intent on causing them and offering them a home during the bitter winter months. Suli had been my reward, and since her hatching, my constant reminder that oftentimes, patience and benevolence were key in avoiding unnecessary violence and bloodshed. I had guarded and kept her warm to the best of my abilities, assuring the crystalline egg was always within my sights and that it never grew too cold. There were times I doubted myself, thinking I had failed and that the child within was no more, but on one fine Tallsun evening, the little green finally broke free from her shell.

Her egg, as I recalled, had looked precisely like the one sitting nestled in a patch of ferns by the bubbling brook, alone and defenseless against the far too commonly cruel world. Suli had taken on a seemingly instant maternal liking to the diamond-like egg, pushing her nose into it and giving it a little shove, and making noises akin to purring that I had never heard from the little dragoness before. "He alive," she assured me after meticulously checking the egg over, "But very cold."

"And it is for certain another dragon?" I inquired, puzzled that I might be so blessed as to have found two of these spectacular creatures in a singular lifetime.

"Yes," she assured me once more, and when she went on next, there was a clear note of annoyance as she barked her command to me. "Now find wood!"

She was right; if the child inside grew too cold, then I knew it spelled nothing but certain death for the poor creature. It was up to us to ensure its, or his as Suli had said, survival.

Turning, I went about collecting what I could, choosing the largest of fallen branches I could find while Suli took to finding the smaller twigs for kindling, picking up what was on the ground, assuring it was nothing too fresh so that it would burn properly. After a few minutes, we had collected enough to begin a small fire, fueled by Suli's flame once the wood was set correctly. It crackled and popped as it burned, and soon, its heat became noticeable. Looking far more proud than I could ever recall, Suli clambered up onto the egg, wrapping herself about it as well as she was able. A soft smile pulled at my dark, scarred lips at the sight; perhaps the first true smile to have graced this tired face in months.

"He will be fine," I spoke aloud, assuringly, moving closer to Suli and the egg that she had seemed to claim as her own, "He will be just fine..."

talk talk talk

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The art of crafting was much harder than she would have expected. Not only did it involve collecting random items and coming up with something to craft it all into but it also meant diving into dark magic. Kaj had described her newest magic coming from the shadows and the darkness of the goddess but it also somehow came from the starlight. How did starlight fit into the equation? When she thought of the stars darkness was not the first thing that came to mind but rather light came forth. Over the years she had heard many stories about what the stars really are but the one description had stuck with her called the stars their ancestors. For each star in the sky it was said to represent a loved one that had passed away only to watch over them all from above. While it was a nice story there was still doubt in her mind that it was the truth for it was a little creepy to think about a bunch of dead people watching their every move. Did they not hear of the word privacy? Shivering at the thought she tried to refocus on something that would not make her skin crawl with unease.

Moving along in silence she let her mind reach out hesitantly to whatever forces surrounded them. Nothing ever came from dipping your foot into something dark so why was she still willing to give this crafting a try? Pausing underneath a large oak she looked up into its canopy wondering how she was going to figure this out to access this so called magic. Closing her eyes to concentrate she began her search. Listening to the sounds of nature all around her she drew a breath in the attempt to relax herself. When she had first discovered her fire magic's source it had been during a moment of relaxation surely finding something externally would not be so difficult...right?

Voices carried along the wind caught her ear drawing her from what concentration she had managed to build. Perking her ears with interest she gave up on the darkness stuff for now to go and see who might be around. Weaving her way through the trees her eyes settled upon the black stallion who had welcomed her into the herd many seasons ago. His posture was tense and from the sounds of it he was either talking to someone she could not see or he was talking to himself. Stepping towards him with curiosity she was half wondering what kind of state she would find him in. "Who will be fine?" She asked softly as she offered her muzzle in greeting as she drew near.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Destrier] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
It was going to happen any day now, she was sure of it. She remembered this feeling from the last time - remembered the fear and anxiety that came rushing up whenever she thought about the birth. Ignoring the complicated situation she was in with Mikey, there were other things for her to worry about - whether the birth would go smoothly, whether she would prove to be as good of a mother as she dared hope she was. Until that happened, though, she was doomed to waddle around the Edge - not daring to leave the borders. Here she was safe, here she was protected and had the support of friends. There was no where else she’d rather see this child born than here.

But she was rather looking forward to having a distraction from the entire situation if at all possible - and it wasn’t long before she found it.

Thank goodness! Because walking was uncomfortable and she was not looking forward to a long trip.

A pair caught her attention not too far away, their legs lit up by the gentle flickering of flame. She did not know the dark stallion well, but she recognized him from when Resplendence’s nightmares had roused half the herd - he had been one of those to come. She couldn’t recall a name though, much to her disappointment. She was usually so good with them but then, they had all been rather focused on calming down the sweet Moon Doctor rather than introducing themselves to one another.

And, of course, Brisa was always a welcome face to come across. “Hello you two!” Alysanne greeted them happily, nudging Brisa’s shoulder as she came to stand beside her dear friend. Emerald eyes were then drawn quickly to the egg that was roasting over a little fire with a dragon curled up on it. “Oh! A new companion?” She asked curiously, having not ever witnessed someone with two companions before, she rather thought it was Brisa’s egg that Destrier was helping to keep warm. It would hardly be out of character, considering how kind he had been to Resplendence.

Remembering that if she didn't know his name, there was a pretty good chance he didn't know hers, she glanced over and offered with a bright smile. “I don’t think we’ve officially met, I’m Alysanne - but everyone calls me Aly.”

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier && Suli

As the fire crackled to life and began to give off ample heat, I stood close by, allowing the warmth to soak into old, weathered joints. Beneath me I cocked a hind leg, shifting my weight and dropping my head. It had been too long since I'd simply given myself a night to relax, and over the recent weeks, my constant patrolling had begun to take its toll.

But just as my mind was contemplating giving in to glorious sleep, a familiar voice stirred me back to wakefulness. Replacing my weight back onto all four hooves, I lifted my head and craned my neck to look at who had come to join us, bister eyes softening at the sight of the grey mare I'd welcomed into our folds so long ago. A genial smile tugged upwards at the corners of my lips.

"Brisa," I spoke her name in welcome, and as she drew closer, I accepted her muzzle against my own, bumping them briefly together in familial greeting before I withdrew, "It is good to see you well, sister. How have you been?" At her question, my mouth opened and made to answer, but before I could, I was cut off by yet another voice.

I was in dismal to realize I couldn't quite recall the painted mare's name, though I did know she served the herd as Moon Doctor and had seen her on many occasions before, the most prominent being during Resplendence's horrific bout of nightmares. Thankfully, she wastes little time in reminding me of her name; oh, yes, Alysanne.

"It is good to see you both again," I speak, extending my muzzle to the winged mare just as I had with Brisa, before my focus returns to that of the newfound egg. Like a proud father, my smile lengthened as I directed my gaze down at the green dragoness who sat quietly upon the egg, peering up at the three of us with purple eyes glinting against the fire. "Suli found it near the stream, about to fall in. The egg was cold and I feared it might already be too late, but Suli assures me the child should be fine with proper care from here on out."

talk talk talk

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

While the pale mare was not one for many social gatherings she did enjoy peaceful times with friends. Unfortunately they seemed to come few with too far between nowadays when everyone was watching their back. Could they all not go back to a time where everyone was allowed to be happy and feel safe? While it was a nice thought she doubted that life would ever be so simple and carefree. With the Moon Goddess's betrayals still hanging fresh over their heads there was no knowing what could come next in the coming weeks.

Settling contentedly around the warmth of the fire she turned to her old friend eager to catch up on things. "I am well." She replied gently gazing down with curiosity at the dragon and egg. Before they could continue the sweet tones of her dear friend Aly filled the air around them. Turning to greet the pegasus in the same manner she shifted sideways so that they could all stand comfortably. Listening to the black warrior talk about his latest news she followed his gaze down to where Suli sat with the wondrous egg. Smiling she remembered the few times that she had attempted to obtain such gift from their caretakers only to be turned away. Eventually she might be entrusted with something so precious but for now it was only a dream.

"You both are so lucky to have been there in time. I'm sure that you guys will take great care of it." She commented with a reassuring smile. The waiting to find out what the creature will be would likely be the hardest part. If it were hers she would worry greatly about it until she could see for herself that the little one was alright. Des was lucky to have Suli to help ensure him that things would be fine.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Hemlock, snoozing in the folds of her wings, made a grumbly hoot when he caught the word dragon in Alysanne’s mind. He didn’t need to crawl out and get a good look at what was happening to know that he wouldn’t like it one bit. A stallion with a dragon?! Could there be a worse combination? Some annoying, deep-voiced friend for Aly and a disgusting, owl-eating friend for Hemlock. Oh just wonderful.

But his distaste for her friends was rivalled by her love of them, even Destrier - who she barely knew - had easily secured a soft spot in the heart of the painted mare for his kindness towards Resplendence and his easy manners now.

She listened with her usual bright smile as he explained how him and Suli had happened upon the egg - it sounded as though they had gotten there in the nick of time. The little egg had not even hatched yet and already so much love was being shown toward it. Whether it was chance or fate, it had found its way into a great family. “Brisa’s right! This little egg had good fortunes that you two showed up when you did.”

Aly lowered her head then but did not get close to the fire - wary of the flames and respecting the dragon that sat protectively on the new life. She wondered what it would be, but believing there was no way to tell she asked another question instead. Despite having a companion of her own, she still found the entire situation utterly fascinating. “Any idea how long until it hatches?” Hemlock had not been in his egg for very long when she found him, hidden among the grasses along the beach, and had almost instantly started hatching when she had discovered him. It had been such a strange sight, an owl egg there in the sand, she had worried after him - though her worry had soon turned into joy… once she had been shown and told what to do to take care of her newfound friend!

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

Little hoofs carried a dainty frame through the lush pines, the sweet smell of evergreen wafting all around her. The way she felt about the Edge was changing into a feeling of warmth and love; comfort in solace in her time of need. The leaders and members had nothing short of welcome, and she had come to enjoy the peaceful sound of the ocean's waves lashing against the cliffside leisurely. It was with a pleasant smile that Myrrine weaved her way through the tall trees, butterfly wings fluttering happily as she continued to explore her home. It was still so different, so new to what she had been used to in her former homeland; but she couldn't help but mind the new outlook on things. Limbs were arching high with each jolly step, and soon the filly was breaking out into the brilliant sunshine, causing the smile on her face to widen. Letting soft hazel eyes wander around the land, she suddenly spotted three adults talking.

Squinting her large orbs she honed in on one of them, recognizing her as the Moon Doctor: Alysanne. A smile broke out onto her spotted complexion once again as she nearly bucked in giddiness, eager to meet the pretty lady again. The other two, a man and a woman, both seemed to be friends with her, and they were all talking cheerily around a dragon and a small egg. Suddenly all of her focus was on the object wrapped in the reptile's clutches, ears pricked forward as her little crown tilted ever so slightly. Soon she was moving in closer, making calm and even stepping so as to not startle her herdmates. Although they most likely wouldn't be scared by a foal she wasn't sure, she had had a much bigger man be terrified of her at first. The thought of Vincent caused a small warmth to fill up inside of her, for even though the brute had been so weary, they had bonded in their own way as she had washed the dirt off of him. She wondered where he was now.

Her mind was brought back Alysanne's question, head tilting slightly again before she approached in the small opening the group had made around the fire. Dipping her head kindly she kept on that pleasant expression, never once wavering from it before letting her soft vocals escape," I hope you don't mind my interruption. My name is Myrrine for those you don't know. Alysanne, it's a pleasure to see you again!" She was exuding nothing short of positive energy, offering her muzzle tenderly to the duo-toned mare, before looking at the other two once again, waiting patiently for their names. As her ears remained focused on them, gaze moved to the dragon and egg, staring it it curiously, but not too intensely, as she didn't want to appear rude. So she would only steal slight glances, slipping from the source of her fascination to the stallion, to the new mare, and then to Alysanne. She continued this cycle for a a little longer, before finally she could no longer resist asking:

"I'm sorry to interrupt and be so rude, but may I ask what that little um... is it dragon? Holding? It looks like it could be an egg, am I correct?"

"Speech"

OOC: Myrrine has come to say hello!
TAG: Destrier
WC: 550

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3