the Rift

[PRIVATE] Perfect storm (closed, continued in the edge)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
No spectators aside from heaven held witness as we danced the ancient rite of passage, an old courtship waltz; aye, tis instinctual, just as blinking or breathing. With magic only Africa seemed capable of weaving, she brought a dead man to life once more... swaying my heart beneath a diamond heaven to find enough strength to give surrender, trust.

Months passed in a blur, blissful afternoons spent under a brilliant sun, warm and forgiving. Evenings cherished beside waterfalls, near the chilling mountainscape as many a palaver was held, stories and tales of grandeur and sadness were told. Aye. It felt like I was living a dream. One I feared would soon come to an end.

Darkness. Fear. Doubt. Lay in wait... binding their time.

Like a weed lacking nourishment and digging ever deeper to find substance, fear slowly began to sink in once more. Patrolling eves away from home brought back terrors (none that I spoke of to her or anyone else.) Some nights my flesh would startle awake, the scent of blood still fresh -- evidence that this tormented mind was doomed to relive those soul wrenching moments I'd buried my face in Seele's cold flesh and cried out as a man in hell would. A scream that would move the heart of stone itself.

Ascended. Gallant. That's what they called me. Not a failed father or unfit protector. It remained to be seen if I would fail yet again. Destroy another set of lives that didn't deserve to have someone like myself as their fragile leader, lover, mentor, mate. Fina returns from her early morning hunt, positioning herself as a sentry over a slumbering sissa (whose aspirations are spurred later in the morning.) My posture is calm, ever assertive... it betrays these storming eyes as we wait quietly near the entrance of our home, patiently binding time for Africa to arrive.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

@[Africa]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Dappled frame slithered dutifully from the shadowy depths of her den, heavy in spirit and step, in wake of the passionate night they had spent together the season before, and the consequences coming at last to light. Pale eyes looked only ahead, filled with zest and (more subtly) zeal, nonetheless; she looked forward always to their reunion. They were searching not the path which her skilled hooves traced alongside shale and saccharine pasture, but the timber tree line in the distance, for any glimpse of him waiting. Africa moved at an ambling trot, burdened, though swinging strides that had been frail and uninspired only months before, and above the elegant curve of her steady neck whirled vigorous flame through the breeze.

She was a beacon of light as she passed the main meadow en route to the passage beneath the waterfall. Fire licked through leaves as she ducked, but their graze was but a harmless glow in the wee hour. In the satchel fastened tightly beneath her elbow was the shrivelled corpse of a slug she had forgotten to feed, enormous crushed feathers, old weathered treasures she had collected through the years, and above everything lay a multitude of green growth; herbs (almost) that she had been asked to collect from around their home. In truth she still knew very little about the flora in the Falls, she was yet to find the other healer - Kiara the elusive, Africa often mused – but had done her very best to pluck the greenest, most fragrant plants around.

They were all tightly packed into the little swollen bag.

Carefully she passed through the lapping water near the Earth’s shimmering pool and groaning knees staggered up the grassed embankment on the other side. Silas swept in from the sky at that point, clucking fondly in greeting, and soft, whiskered nose turned awkwardly to bush against the thick cloak of black feathers. Are you ready? she asked thoughtfully while admiring the shimmer of delicate starlight upon him, and he settled himself down to roost through the morning in the hollow of her back. Nostrils snorted softly, and she set off again at a gentle walk to close the remaining distance between them and the looming grey cliffs.

Eager gaze traced his poised outline even before the click of hooves against stone arrived beside him. Lips danced forward to touch in greeting, and thick lashes fluttered across creamy eyes like gilded butterflies in a giddy maze. The fever of affection was yet to calm in her soul, and taught (soggy) canvas of skin rippled with anticipation. “Morning sir,” she saluted playfully with warmth lacing her tone, and a coy smile spread almost instantly through pallid features as her skull dipped demurely to the side.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
I turn to greet with her with an easy smile, the lingering remnants of an uneasy night vanished in an instant – concealed, cloaked by a lifetime of practice. There are some skeletons best left alone. Lips part just a little, a light chuckle flitting forth, rich, exotic and rare even to my ears. Plush charcoal extends, pushing to linger against those soft whiskers and quell the sudden warmth that washes like humid sweat down my thighs. The tight lines of my face soften considerably, drawing inward to make my appearance more youthful. Fina curls her lips apart and grunts, turning away from our (MY) greeting as if there are more interesting things to peer at in yon distance. She was glad...in her own way...for the breaks in my mood. Those aqua pools shift to settle on Silas, yar, as if he was somehow responsible for my insistent affections.

“Morning,” light humor replied in kind. A simple greeting, though full of reserved heat and passive delight. I pull away only reluctantly, and smile wider. “Yar, ready to fly?” It took considerate effort, but I didn't immediately cringe at the phantom memory of those strong bones shrinking, breaking. Neve croaks up from the rear, also smiling. Her frosty crown rose from the feathers and fur. “A-y,” she cooed aloud. One willing traveler. Fina fluffs her breast and snaps softly against the flames that consumed her. Two. Gaze lingers on Africa fondly, adoringly, an unnamed emotion bubbles to the surface of my throat, the telling signs of pregancy were beginning to show evidence of nearing an end...Soon the life within would greet the day. Yar, I longed for it. And feared it as well.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

@[Africa]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Sooty nose dipped briefly to the bag about her foreleg, and then thoughtful eyes rose once again to meet his glowing, golden gaze. Ever modest, delicate tones answered in turn, “Yes, sure am.” Hardly wanting to pull her resting bonded from his bed, she centred her focus without aid of his time-bending ability and many seconds later her large Pegasus body began to contort painfully, to execute transformation into her smaller, transportable form.

Her care was in vain.

The moment magic reared upwards through her core, the starry-zephyr was jolted from sleep and his hooked beak clicked irritably before true realisation set in. Sharp violet eyes breezed by the flaming form of Fina, the black and white pelt beneath her, and finally – and more coherently – they came to rest again on his beloved’s curled downward, lit crest. He grasped quickly her intention, the reason for the disturbance, and slender body rose dutifully between beating wingspan to slow the flow of time around her.

It would’ve taken only a split second in the eyes of their audience (if they had been so bold as to watch), and for the most part should have been spared the gruesome grind and crack of her shrinking, hollowing bones.

She longed to learn the art of speaking on in Helovian tongue when in bird-form, but alas her skill for now remained only the art of mimicry, and to a lesser degree, recognition. Still, with the plan etched through her mind, Africa opened her small parrot wings and fluttered noisily to rest upon the back of the stallion – closest body to his withers.

Silas, swooped ahead towards the vast pale blue of the morning sky and found thermals quickly to hasten his ascent.

Image Credits