the Rift

The water can't drown me [Hector]

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami

DAENERYS
All I loved, I loved alone.

The day was coming to an end, the brisk wind picking up and whipping the ocean to foam. In a haze of orange, purple and pink, the sun was losing its grasp on Helovia, the moon and stars gaining power in the east where the sky was already turning indigo. Daenerys stood in the dunes, lyme grass whipping at her slender pillars while small hooves dug into the sand. Dishevelled tresses whirled around her face, the wind tugging them playfully, a placid smile appearing on her velvet lips. For the first time in months, she had a snippet of solitude, a luxury that many parents learn to cherish. Ahriman was getting so big already, and so independent, like a tiny adult with his smart words and grave demeanor. She hoped to tell him to give it up, to be a child while he could, but he didn’t seem to take her words to heart.

Sighing, she stepped gracefully down toward the shore, dipping her hooves in the foam that had washed up on the sand. Late sunrays played in her silver and gold fur, reflecting the light subtly. Dany strolled relaxed along the shore, leaving prints in the sand behind her to be washed away by the water moments later. Thistle eyes went to the powerful surges, an expression of loneliness fleeting across her face. She had her beautiful son and a whole family in the Qian, and she felt ungrateful having these thoughts, but sometimes she missed someone. Someone to share her feelings, secrets and deepest desires with, someone who would listen to her as she would to him. The snowy fae felt lost every now and then, but she never showed weakness to those around her, just the same, meek smile and a promise that she was alright.

Eyes moved from their fixation on the horizon, spotting the pale colt as he gallopped along the beach further down from her. His independence was growing, adding to her loneliness, but the last thing she wanted to do was to burden his young shoulders with her emotional turmoil. Growing up without a father must be hard, and she tried to her best ability, but she knew she would never get there 100%. Daenerys did not want Ahri to have anything to do with his biological father, he was not yet old enough to understand the circumstances surrounding his being. She wasn’t sure if she was even mature enough to fully understand.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

The rather large mud coloured beast with orange spiked mane drifted at ease onto the soft sandy beach, his leonine tail flicking back and forth. Another day was slowly drawing it's conclusion and the night prepared it's beginning, a tirade of colours glittered and danced off the calm sea. He watched it whilst walking and wondered how something so natural, like the sun, could create such a wonderful spectacle. The air was cooling and Hector found it rather pleasant strolling across the beach, his wings tucked into his sides and horn dipping down and up to the movement of his head.

His orange gaze snapped to a movement on the coastline, a shimmer of white in the shape of a beautiful arab mare. Her hooves seemed to caress the foamy shore and the way her coat caught on the light made his heart freeze in astonishment at her beauty. She looked lost in thought, a perfectly carved statue staring out into the sunset. Hector didn't realize the presence of Ahriman until he was nearly upon them. He stopped rather abruptly and, for the first time, spoke without hesitation. The normally self conscience steed allowed his booming vocals, laced with awe, to compliment the dame. "I don't think I've ever seen a mare as beautiful as you."

For the first time Hector realized that her legs were splashed in gold, his eyes first mistaking them as a trick of the retreating sun. Naive was the boy but he was honest in his words, he didn't know of any other way he could of expressed his awe without saying it out loud. Although now he shuffled his feet in embarrassment, his mind running through a million other things he could of said.

[Image: hectortable.png]
rmlowe@flickr

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Outcast
Cami
keep keep on running, there's no place like home
Her mind kept circling around the Qian and the many different destinies that she had been acquainted with through a common cause. Mirage, the onyx femme who had offered her a home away from her tyrant of a brother, when the snowy belle had been at her most fragile. She deeply appreciated anything Mirage had done, and Dany knew very well that Ahriman almost took her for a second mother. Drawing a deep breath, she tasted salt upon the zephyr as it ran its gentle fingers through her mane. She was still so young, only three summers, and yet she was already a mother. Things had not gone the way the damsel had thought; unexpected suffering had been brought upon her with the slaughter of her family and the abuse by her brother. But it had not been in vain, for in the ruins of her childhood innocence and naivety, something much stronger was starting to grow. Daenerys was maturing; it showed in her thistle eyes. Soon, she would need to find her own place in the world, and whether it was under the rule of Mirage or somewhere completely different, only time would tell.

One thing that had not changed was her youthful beauty - she had borne a strong son, but it had not left many a trace on her lithe frame. The purity of her blood had lent her all the delicacy of an Egyptian Arabian, but less extreme than her brother. The snowwhite had drifted off in thought, her eyes fixed on the horizon where the sun was slowly dying, but now she turned her head as something distracted her out the corner of her eye. She raised her dished tiara and watched with large, alert eyes as she saw a grand stallion within short distance, coming closer. Nares flared and slender lobes pointed forward, finding nothing familiar about the stallion that was walking towards her but unsure if he posed a threat. Ahriman spotted him too and went directly to his dame, the ghostly pale babe pressing himself against her side and peering warily around her shoulder from the opposite side of where the stallion was approaching.

When he spoke, Dany couldn’t help but smile and shyly look away, but soon after her thistle eyes ventured back to his orange ones, glistening cheerfully. She saw sincerity in their depths, and an immediate honesty and she knew he spoke truthfully. “I feel honored to deserve such gracious appraisal, kind stranger,” she chimed, voice soft as it drifted from her velvet lips. Seeing his slight discomfort in the way he shuffled his hooves, she hoped to relieve it a bit as she stepped forward and stretched out her nape, extending her maw in a greeting to the much larger steed. “My name is Daenerys, and this is my son, Ahriman,” she added, gesturing toward the colt at her side. He did not speak, merely blinked at the mention of his name, much too consumed by watching this huge creature that bore both wings and horns. Dany had never seen anyone like him before, but she knew better than her son not to stand there gawking. Instead, she smiled kindly at the brown and orange stag, waiting for a name to be offered in return.

Daenerys. It was unusual and beautiful which only lended more to Hector's youthful infatuation with a mare he'd only just met. He touched the side of her nose gently then retreated again, unsure whether he trusted himself to linger their longer. Especially with little Ahriman in close attendance. A leonine tail flicked into the air as he offered his own introduction. "I'm honoured to meet such a fine lady and her handsome colt. My name is Hector, of the Dragons Throat." His vocals boomed out again, like there was someone behind the scenes amplifying its sound.

Hector allowed his nose to dip down and greet the little colt, not wanting the boy to be afraid of him and to be calm in his presence. Assured he'd done all he could, the tribrid turned back to the arabian femme. She was his complete contrast, dainty features and a petite body. Snowy white pelt with golden splashes. He was large, incredibly large with wings and horns. Orange mane and the tail of a lion. What would she think of him? It was nice to see another with such an open mind, she seemed to accept him even though he was a mere stranger to her. So Hector continued on, blissfully happy in her presence.

"What is a pretty femme like you doing out at sun fall? Apart from dazzling mine eyes" his compliments came one on top of the other, Hector was still only 3 so he did not understand the subtleties it took to charm another. His head had curved to the side now and waited for a reply, the sun picking up the more brighter shades of orange in his short cropped mane.

rmlowe@flickr

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Outcast
Cami
[OOC: Sorry it took so long, and it is kinda crappy - bear with me <3]

“A pleasure to have your acquaintance, Hector of the Throat,” Daenerys spoke softly. The leggy colt by her side apparently decided that the stranger proved no threat to his dam’s safety; he bumped his tiny maw against the much larger stallion’s. A whinny escaped him, and he flicked his tail contently. His childish mind did not gather much information from the words exchanged between the adults, so he quickly lost interest and saw an opportunity to explore the dunes. Daenerys glanced at him lovingly and nodded as he looked to her for permission, soon after watching his small form drift out of sight as he trotted over a small incline. She knew she had to be able to let him out of sight, if only for a while; he needed to grow and develop independence, but it was rough on her to let go. The slightest of sighs emitted her velvet maw as she turned her attention back to the large stallion and smiled mildly.

The touch to her maw had been surprisingly gentle considering Hector’s size, and she sensed a kind spirit peering back at her through his orange globes. Daenerys was rarely intimidated, and even though she came from a land of equines, she had somehow always expected that there would be more out there. Her motherly nature fostered a tolerance within her, and now that she was faced with Hector, no matter how incredible he may seem, she met him with kindness. “Your words are much too generous, Hector. I am but a lonesome soul searching for some company. The ocean always seemed to bring me comfort,” she said, and she was charmed, despite the slightly cheesy compliments that were welling out across Hector’s lips.

The snowy femme took a few steps closer, and placed a gentle touch on his shoulder, inhaling the husky smell of stallion. Everything about him was completely different from her brother, which might be why she was so trustful right away; in Viserys’ eyes, she only ever saw lies and deceit, but Hector read like an open book. “And what brings such a handsome stallion to wander the beach this evening, I wonder,” she said, slight mischief in her voice. Daenerys moved closer and felt the warmth of his body against his, her lips nipped at his withers playfully, tugging at his short mane gently.

[Derp. My muse for this guy is out the window atm :| I'm going to put him on AA once I've finished his thread with Mirage. So I'll try wrap this up as fast as I can. Sorry for making you wait!]

Hector looked brightly at the young Ahriman, his broad face dipped and returned his curious gesture with a touch of his rather large velvet nose. Snorting as the colt moved away, permission granted by his ravishing mother, and off into the dunes. The little Ahriman taking advantage of his short childhood. Hector gave Daenery's a sceptical look at her sigh to which he followed with a shy laugh. "He will make a fine stallion one day" orange pools watching the frolicking horse disappearing before turning back to the gold splashed femme.

She spoke in her soft, kind tones. A melody on his chocolate lobes and he shook his head in embellished shock at her words, distinctly disagreeing that she was just a 'lonely soul' but said nothing and instead listening to her final question. Hector's orange crowned face went blank for a moment as he thought back to the reasoning behind coming here, really, there was no reason. A whim would be the best answer, and, what a whim that was! He never expected to find a enchantress such as this femme when he left the throat looking for solitude. Instead he found the greatest company a steed could ever ask for.

Small and gentle, a smile graced his boyish face. She was his age but seemed much older, so sure and kind in her words. Already a mother. Maybe that was why. Or maybe Hector was still immature. Who knew. He opened his mouth to allow his booming vocals a voice once more. "To look upon the beauty of the beach and to see more than just endless desert. I did not know I would find such company as yours here."

A hoof moved in front of the other and in turn so did the rest until he stood at her side, pressing a tender nose to her snowy cheek. Brushing his looming body against the side of her dainty arabian cover, oh so gentle, as not to hurt and instead caress. The future was far from the mind of the horned tribrid this evening as each thought remained in the present. He wanted her company and more. If she'd allow it. He paused a moment and ruefully smiled, hoping he hadn't been too forward.

rmlowe@flickr

Outcast
Cami
He will make a fine stallion one day. The snowy femme felt her heart taking a small leap at the words, and for a moment, she childishly wanted to cling to him and make him promise. Ahriman was a gentle soul, but the thought that his sire’s bad nature had somehow been passed on to the colt was something that haunted Dany’s dreams every time she closed her eyes. Large thistle eyes met Hector’s and suddenly she realized that she wanted nothing more than to be warmed and comforted by his gentle touch. His smile was returned with one of her own; they were about same age, she figured from looking at him, but these days she felt closer to 13 than three. By looking at him, she felt her own childish side that she had so long neglected, starting to come alive. It was liberating, and it washed away the worry that was weighing her down. She felt free.

Paperthin lobes perked at his words and a chiming giggle escaped her, like petite silver bells rustled by the breeze. “Sometimes Lady Luck smiles down at you,” Dany spoke teasingly, whipping her tail at him as she moved to stand next to her. The proximity to his virile, youthful body did not go unnoticed; her pulse picked up slightly and she felt flushed as he touched her cheek, looking away coquettishly. She raised her tiara and pressed her body lightly against his, not much in doubt about his intentions but finding that she did not mind. Actually, Daenerys was not sure if it wasn’t exactly what she wanted; a moment of carelessness, of pure, animalistic indulgence. Who cared about tomorrow?

She glanced at him through thick pale lashes. Her breath became slightly shallow as she touched his cheek in return, velvet maw brushing against his skin in feathery lightness. His forwardness was applauded by a savory smile, tones a soft, husky whisper as they drifted from her lips. “But if Lady Luck brought us here… Let’s not disappoint her, shall we?

[OOC: Sorry for a kind of sucky post ~ and it's quite alright hon <3]