the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let's Play Hide & Seek!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

Would he still be here? The behemoth with the dusty coat and fearful persona surrounding him. He had been in such a state when she had happened upon him, but as they had talked she had grown quite fond of him. He now had a special place in her heart, neatly tucked away safely next to those who she had come to know in Helovia. The memories she had made here were bittersweet, giving her happy things to remind her of a lovely life she was having so far, but also making it quite clear, that her life was moving on without Mother at her side. Her gangly legs were beginning to grow muscle, filling out her once smaller bones and giving her an almost lean appearance, not just yet. Her hips had begun to smooth over, curving tenderly in the middle to reveal her girth, as her body began to mature into that of a young woman. Her mane was at the in between now, it growing longer and now hanging delicately against the side of her neck, but its texture a mix between fine silk and fragile down. Her once dainty crown had begun to shape out, dishing slightly more than usual and softening around her cheeks to give her a lovely complexion.

Flying had become a habit now. She had taken to it like any bird had, soaring out and embracing the fall, before finally obtaining the gift of flight. It was a feeling she always enjoyed, especially in this Tallsun heat, for the breeze whipped through her mane and took away the intense burn the sun brought down upon Helovia. She had been on a mission today, to check on Vincent, because it had been so long since their last meeting. As she came down for a much smoother landing than her previous ones she smiled, tossing her head delicately before looking out and around, searching for any sign of the massive brute. Her legs carried her to the familiar pond where she had bathed him, smiling at the thought as she took a nice long drink.

What was he doing now? Did he make anymore friends like she had? She certainly hoped so; although Vincent had the kindest heart, it took time and patience to fully seen it. She had learned that through trial and error, watching his every move and taking all of him in, bowing down before him in a passive state and showing him that she truly only wanted to help. She had been drawn in by him, as he to her, and it seemed in a weird sense they had become rather good friends. She still often wondered what made him so skittish, so afraid of the world and what inhabited it. Did someone hurt him when he was younger? Was he abused as a foal, or was his mannerisms just part of his personality? Surely no one was just born terrified of everything, even the tiniest foal. She had been rather tiny then anyway, now she was approaching her full height, growing into it slowly yet surely like everything else about her.

Her silky wings gave a few flutters, hazel eyes attentive to everything around her as she stepped forward, tail swishing and head held high in hopes she would find her comrade in the distance. Only when she deemed that he really wasn't anywhere in close vicinity did she speak, letting out in her clear, pleasant tone," Vince? Are you here? It's Myrrine! I came to visit you and see how you were doing!" Her words were hopeful and light, as she waited with bated breath at the thought of reuniting with her larger companion again. Perhaps he would have some fun new things to show her.

"Speech"

OOC: Sorry it's so late and so blegh lol. Let me know if you're having trouble reading the font and I will change it.
TAG: Vince
WC: 628

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
He was running. Sweat coated every inch of the behemoth's cumbersome bulk, every section of black, ebony hide. Mud coated ivory feathers, clinging to his hooves and weighing him down, preventing him from running, clutching and splattering into his tail, his rump, his undercarriage and belly, staining everything a sickening shit-brown. Wide, terrified glowing-golden oculars rolled as his body pumped him forward, slipping and sliding, the rune over his right eye bright and blinding and the only source of light in this damnable darkness.

Running, running, running... Darkness around him. Rain poured. Lightning struck overhead, illuminating his surroundings - a forest? - and the specter that harried him. Mandrake.

NO! STAY AWAY!

His mind, free of his normal stutters of insecure speech, screamed at the apparition that simply wouldn't let him be. She was there, haunting him, chasing him, teeth gnashing and grayed muzzle splattered with the blood of those she had killed. Those she had mutilated. Those she had desecrated.

I'LL BE A GOOD SON! I'LL BE A GOOD SON!

A mantra of the dying repeated in his head, vocals high with panic, with distress, the usual tenor of his baritone higher due to his panic.

ARCHIBALD! MYRRINE! Save me, save me, savemesaveme!

His screams fell on deaf-ears. No one would save him now. The specter was so close, teeth gnashing, laughter bubbling from a blood-splattered mouth, yellowed teeth stained with crimson, with the life-force of others. Her hooves did not touch the ground, as though she were flying, stalking him, she the predator and he... He the prey.

He tripped.

She lunged.

Teeth gnashed, and blood sprayed the ground.

----

"N-n-n-nooooooo!"

The bellowing, blood-chilling scream tore from dark lips, and it was that bleating, pathetic cry that jerked the stallion awake. Eyes snapped open revealing glowing irises, the rune upon his cheek blinding and bright. Sweat coated every inch of him, smelling of musk and fear, and the sides of his barrel heaved with panic and sickness.

Around him, tall grass grew, obscuring his impressive frame from the world around him and slowly Vincent raised his head, shifting his body and pulling large, pillar-like legs closer to his barrel. Above him the sun shone down brightly, the Tallsun heat merciless, and slowly the stallion blinked to rid himself of the memories of his nightmares.

A nightmare.

That was all that it was. Mandrake was not here... She was not here. He was still alive.

At his side a small, pathetic sound whimpered and reached his ears, and faded eyes glanced down to the gray, wire-haired bundle that was Claribel. The Irish Wolfhound pup whined in distress, sensing her companion's pain, confusion, and agony. Large paws, even for a pup, situated themselves upon the Shire's folded forelegs, tongue lolling, bluish-brown eyes staring deeply at her bonded.

Through their bond - such a strange, foreign, intimate thing -, Vincent could feel her worry. None could understand him so intimately. None had, besides Archibald, his twin.

"I'm o-o-okay, Claribel," he assured, even though he felt as though he'd simply fall apart at any second. At least his breathing was slowing back to normal... The Wolfhound pup huffed a breath and then moved to allow the stallion to stand, and that was when the two of them heard a sound. A beckoning sound.

'Vince? Are you here?' It couldn't be. 'It's Myrrine!' It was!

Head twisting, nostrils flaring, eyes wide and searching, Vincent struggled for a brief moment to unfold his massive legs, and careful not to step on Claribel, the brute pushed himself up to his full, grand height. Twisting his head, ears perked forward, searching for any signs of her... And like an angel in the distance, a winged beauty, a blissful, cool drink after a terrible nightmare, there she was.

Oh, Myrrine...

She had grown, Vincent noted as he bleated a beckoning nicker in her direction. My, had she grown! While she was still far smaller than he, Myrrine had grown during their time apart. Her head was far more lady-like with her advanced age, beautiful wings proud upon her dainty shoulders, and seeing her was like a balm to his terror.

"M-M-Myrinne!" He called, his vocals still high from his lingering terror of that awful dream, "M-Myrinne!" At his side, Claribel barked and yipped and raced forward through the tall grasses towards the winged girl. The Wolfhound pup skid to a stop just before Myrrine's dainty hooves, twirling around, chasing her tail, knowing that this female equine was a dear friend from the warmth that radiated through she and Vincent's bond.

Slowly, Vincent followed after the wire-haired pup, his golden eyes soft and warm, dinner plate hooves squishing grass and dirt beneath his incredible weight. "Myrinne," he said softly with little stutters, "A-are you w-well? You... You've g-grown." Turning, Claribel spun and trotted to Vincent's side, yipping up at him. The beast chuckled, albeit nervously. "This... This is Claribel. She... She l-likes you already."

@[Myrrine]

ooc: Myrrine gives me Vincent muse, okay? Okay.

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Watermel0nBob

She heard it before she could even say anything; the terrified cry that ripped her heart in two. She was running without looking where to go, eyes wide with panic as she followed the source to him, to her Vincent. She ignored the way her body fumbled over every little thing in her attempt to reach him, how her breaths had become ragged in utter terror for his safety. Before she could continue looking he was spotted thanks to his height, standing tall and searching for her. He had heard her call, as she his, and she helped him close the distance by breaking into a full run. Only when a bundle of fur skidded at her hooves did she stop, using all of her strength not to topple over the poor pup. Hazel eyes met duo-toned ones, and a small smile graced inky velvet fluidly. He wasn't alone anymore. Thank the Gods for that. Even though she longed to constantly be at his side and wish away the worries that haunted his fretful mind she couldn't, she simply couldn't, and so knowing now that he had someone, just to be there when his terrors overtook him, was like a blessing she would always be thankful for.

He was asking her questions, and though she listened to them attentively she didn't answer right away, instead focusing on closing the gap left between them and attempting to press spotted skin against midnight black. He was sweaty, even if she hadn't been touching him she could tell by the musk lingering to his coat, and the way it clung to his sides so tightly. Something had scared him, scared him in such a way the filly couldn't fathom, and she could only look to him, craning her neck as she did so, to meet his golden gaze. She smiled at him still, albeit filled with concern, before turning to meet the little pup that finally returned to the giant's side. Nose dipped down to greet the girl, taking in her scent and remembering her name like it was a dying wish requested upon her, before finally speaking to her friend quite softly, " I am well Vincent. Thank you for asking, I guess I have grown haven't I?" She let a soft giggle escape her, cutting it short though as she had other things she needed to address," It's a pleasure to meet you Claribel. I only hope you're giving our friend here excellent company! Vincent."

She pulled away to face him again, eyes filled with all the worry and love she had for this man before her, face turned in a slight frown as she could no longer hide her emotions. He had scared her. Not with his size, not with any threats or his loud movements, but with that agonizing scream that broke the peaceful silence in the fields today. It shook her to the bone to think that anyone could have such fear, of something that could give them so much terror. Reaching her muzzle out again without thinking, hoping he would meet it with hers she finally spoke again, voice only a whisper in this blistering morning," You scared me. Are you alright? Please tell me what happened... I want to help you." She tried to hide away the tears that began to trickle down, but they were swift and persistent, leaving delicately dark trails upon speckled cheeks. She quickly wiped them away, not wanting to worry him with her own concerns. She was with Vincent now; she had to be the strong one. She was his saving grace, the light in the dark and she knew it, and she embraced it; but it meant that she also had to hide away those feelings of her fear, for it would only fuel his own.

She didn't care that she was but a filly, nowhere near his size and quite frankly unable to fully defend him in any way, she still loved him and longed to help him in any way she could. She would not let his life be filled with nightmares and insecurities any longer; she was going to bring the sunshine back into this man's life and made sure it stayed there forever. Whatever brought him to this point, struck his heart with horror every single waking moment, was a force to be reckoned with. Whether or not that source was still present in his life, or in this world, Myrrine was going to shield him from it; she would be the knight in shining armor that saved the princess from the ferocious dragon. Yes, the genders had been switched, but that meant nothing to her when she was the one who was stronger, who could make those bad things go away and never come back, and he was the scared little boy stuck in a giant man's body. He was trapped and couldn't find his way out; and it killed her inside to know that was what his life had come to.

"Speech"

OOC: You know, I tried to make this a happy thread and then you killed me with the feels Sprow. THE FEELS. Love you <3
TAG: Vince
WC: 837

MYRRINE

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Even as the nervous questions stuttered their way out of the stallion's dark lips, Vincent could easily spot that something was amiss with the dainty angel standing before him. Hazel eyes that shone so gently, so passionately with love and life were wilted with anxiety, with uncertainty... What had bothered Myrrine so? Large ears tilted back, a growing ball of ambivalence and anxiety pooling in his belly.

Had something happened? Did he say something he shouldn't have. Ever so faintly the black giant began to tremble, uneasiness gripping him with a sickening hold as he frantically thought back to ever stuttered word. Did he offend her with his familiarity? Was it wrong of him to greet her so informally? So welcomingly, as though he had greeted a sister? Was it wrong, because he hadn't been a good son? He didn't deserve such kindness from Myrrine... Such friendship. Such love.

Vincent had killed. Without thinking, fueled by fear and desperation of Her, he had slain. He had obeyed. He had tasted the blood of those that She had demanded he kill...

Brother Knox. A halter in his teeth. Blood, oh Gods so much blood!

A high-pitched yip from Claribel snapped Vincent from his macabre memories, those terrible flashbacks, and he swallowed hard before focusing once more on the butterfly-kissed angel before him. Oh, Myrrine... As though realizing that she was the center of attention, Claribel sat upon her hind with a furiously wagging tail, bushy face held high as bluish-brown orbs lingered upon the spotted princess. Perhaps not a princess, but a she-warrior. Yes, that was much more fitting for Myrrine.

Claribel whined and barked, a sharp sound that once more snapped Vincent to attention. The Wolfhound pup had an uncanny ability to snap the stallion from his dark musings before they had gotten too far... Her presence was a blissful reprieve, for it wasn't often that Vincent found himself in the company of others.

It was shortly after such thoughts that Myrrine pressed her tiny frame up against his own colossal one. What a sight they must make? She, a foal of perhaps half-a-year with a heart of gold, and he, a cowardly giant, pressed together so intimately as though they had known each other their whole lives... He felt at peace, being so close to her, this spotted, winged creature with a gentle, loving heart. It had only been Archibald who had ever made him feel this way, and Vincent hoped that Myrrine knew just how special she was to him.

'You scared me,' Myrrine said worriedly, 'Are you alright? Please tell me what happened...'

Tell her what happened?

Nostrils flaring, quivering, eyes twitching to and fro with the anxiety of a drug addict, Vincent froze. Tell her...? Tell her of his nightmares? The terrors that haunted him? Of Mandrake? No. NO. Fear bristled anew within the black behemoths massive breast, nostrils flaring, golden eyes starting to glow faintly with fear, with desperation and anxiety and no, no, no, nonono...

He couldn't tell her. Couldn't. This was beyond simply not wanting to tell Myrrine of his mother, of Mandrake, the She-Demon, the Defiler, the Murderer, the Killer of Fathers, the Rapist of Souls. He did want to tell her, to divulge the horrors and perhaps lift the heavy weight of his damned soul, but he couldn't. Knowing Her name would forever curse Myrrine, and Vincent couldn't live with himself if revealing such knowledge put the winged angel in danger.

She would kill Myrrine if She knew, oh yes. Or... Or... If he could have paled in horrific realization, he would have. Golden eyes sparked to life, glowing fiercely as he realized that She would make Vincent kill Myrrine. Oh, Gods! No, no, no!

"I... I h-h-had a n-n-n-nightmare," Vincent muttered, shaking his head and stepping away from his spotted rock, "P-please, I... I c-c-can't t-talk about it. I... I'm s-s-sorry, Myrrine. N-not yet. Please."

Please don't make me. Please understand. Please know I'm doing this to keep you safe. He needed time... To breathe, to think, to put the words together so that they wouldn't strangle him when he tried to speak. Someday, perhaps, he would be able to tell Myrrine of his past, of her... But until then, he prayed she would have patience with him. A broken tool, he was, misused and misplaced... But even the most abused of tools could be mended.

Claribel whined pathetically as she sensed the brute's sheer amount of distress, practically dancing from paw to paw in front of the two equines. Looking to Myrrine, she whined again, blue-brown eyes pleading.

Vincent spoke again, desperate to change the subject. His eyes flicked around, settling upon Myrrine's face, her neck, her hooves, his hooves, Claribel, and finally settled on the butterfly wings that sprouted from the filly's spotted shoulders. They were far larger than they were the last time that they had crossed paths...

"C-can you fl-fly n-now?"

@[Myrrine]

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Watermel0nBob

His acceptance of her touch was a weight off her chest, an exhale of almost relief escaping small lungs as she clung to him, lips softly dragging along his shoulder in the smoothest of motions. She would soothe him with anything she knew, be it tender touches or sweet lullabies, anything to keep those eyes from lighting up like lightning in a thunder storm. In between the soft silences of their embrace, Claribel would often yip; trying to get her bonded's attention with soft cries. In those moment’s life seemed to fill Vincent once again, as if he had locked himself away into a world of deep thoughts that would only tear him to pieces. Letting freckled ears flicker to him every so often, she began to tenderly groom his shoulder, working small teeth into the grit and sweat, washing away the reminder that this man was not perfect. She only wished she could wipe away the memories that caused him to become so stricken with anguish. Then suddenly it was like the world was ending, he was moving and those eyes were brighter than the sun and looking into her, into her soul and she could only watch with a slightly surprised expression.

She hadn't meant for her question to cause such a reaction, and instinctively she stepped back to give him more space. Whether this was a good or bad decision she didn't know, but she only listened as he began his sputtering, begging her, pleading that she leave it be. She couldn't though, not when it caused him to feel like this. Not when his eyes flickered with the ability to light up the night sky out of sheer terror, not when his nostrils flared open in panic and his whole body seemed to shake at whatever made him feel how he felt. At whatever made him who he was today. Soon she was at his side again, pressing herself into his side tighter than before and bringing her head to what she could reach of his chest, trying to tenderly stroke it in a soothing motion. Her delicate wings fluttered swiftly, noting her nervousness of startling the gargantuan that seemed to flinch at the kiss of a butterfly's wings. Her eyes met his and she smiled, trying so hard to keep away the dark pit of concern that rolled in her stomach that knotted it into all directions and tightened her throat. She would keep it hidden, lock it away tightly in a dainty little box and set it aside for another day when she wasn't facing the task of a lifetime; calming Vincent down.

"Okay," she finally responded, a defeated sigh following suit as she kept up with her motions, letting her tail flicker and wings flutter in the wind that blew into them gently," If you'd be so kind though, I would appreciate it if you promised me that when you are ready, that you will tell me. I would never judge you Vincent, Vince, because you are my friend and I care deeply for you. I... I just hate..." She paused, the tears finally falling again and most likely soaking into his coat, her eyes closing tightly as she pressed tighter into him suddenly, refusing to pull away for fear of losing sight of him. She sniffled, once again trying to stifle away the fear and sorrow she felt whenever she saw his face after something had upset him, and whispered softly as her final thought on the matter," I just hate seeing you in so much pain."

Her body suddenly felt colder when she broke the contact, looking at him with shining eyes and smiling, before slowly thrusting her wings, pushing strongly against the air until she was delicately hovering over the grasses. Once she had enough air she gently glided around him in a circle, increasing her pace and momentarily lifting higher to make a spiraling flip. Letting her chimes flitter out into the wind she finally came to a landing at his side, planting all four hooves surely upon the ground and looking up with him with a much more chipper expression. Even in short stints, flying seemed to do the mind good, freeing the soul of worries and the weight of world. The feeling of the wind beneath her wings always brought her a sense of peace, and she wished deep in her heart that she could share the experience with the ebony brute at her side. Perhaps he could grow from a new sense of freedom.

Her body trotted a little ahead of the mammoth before turning playfully, a bit of her usual joy back in her veins now that had found a way to break herself from the thought of helping Vincent. Her eyes slipped down to the wiry pup again, smiling at her widely and stepping forward to gently offer her nose to the girl sweetly. She looked deep into those eyes, before playfully blowing a bit of air out from her nostrils, hoping to encourage the pup into a little bit of play. She stood and backed up, ink dipped limbs arching gracefully as she began to prance, working her way around the two and smiling, letting her teeth attempt to playfully nip at the man's hip too, longing to play. He needed to lighten up too after all, and playing was the best way to do so. She giggled and playfully bucked in the air, working in a smooth lope away from him, daring him to play chase with a glimmer in her soft gaze.

"Speech"

OOC: Enjoy <3
TAG: @[Vincent]
WC: 931

MYRRINE