the Rift

[OPEN] // Search and Rescue

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
There was little movement on the ground that day. The strong afternoon sun had forced most the take shelter but Megaera made no such concession. She lived for the heat, and even if the powerful rays beating down upon her back weren’t exactly comfortable, there was no dampening her determination. Wings beat steady and strong as the little brown spear streaked through the sky. She kept her speed steady, not quite sprinting, for this was a marathon. To the Falls, the Basin, circle round to the Edge, and back home. It would take a week at least, she thought, but that was only if she could keep up this pace and if all the herds cooperated.

She hoped she would be able to find something to take back to her commander, even the slightest trace of information regarding the white pegasus would be better that returning empty-handed. Gaucho had come to her in as much of a state as she’d ever seen him and had told her in his halting speech of his son Ivezho’s return and the disturbing tale the boy had brought: the Transcended’s supposed long absence on business for the Academy was now a full-fledged disappearance, and the Sultan suspected foul play. Now it was up to Megaera to visit the four corners of Helovia, to treat with the other herds for any sign or sighting of the former Sultana that she herself had glimpsed only once or twice before the start of the Wraith invasion over a year past.

She would not, could not, fail Gaucho so she had left without delay to make her way north. Where most would take three or four days to make the first leg of the journey, Meg could do it in two and still push on. There was the matter of her own pride as well, to do this task and to do it well. The Dragon Army was small so everyone had to pull their weight. Ampere had the helm, Hector and Einarr were the force, and Megaera was the speed. There was no time to be spared on enjoying the scenery, lovely as it was in the early days of Tallsun, for the little Dragon Soldier was on a mission of the utmost importance. Gaucho had sent her off at dawn and she’d seen the sun set and rise again and still it was approaching evening by the time she crossed the borders of the Hidden Falls. She had let herself rest only twice, an hour each time, and still had the endurance to press on with haste.

“To many damned trees!” the mare muttered in frustration. Not the biggest fan of forests, she had soon missed the convenience of the open desert. She’d passed over the Deep Forrest and the Threshold and still the trees continued, thick as ever, upwards into Falls territory. Finally she spied a place large enough, a small clearing near one of the many pools, and aimed for it. “MIDAS! GHOST!” She bellowed, landing hard on the soft grass and immediately spinning to catch anyone that might be in sight now that had been blocked by the trees. For a second she stood still, catching her breath and trying to see or hear any sign of life in the vicinity. She hadn’t had much of a plan for brokering a polite conversation, even if the leads weren’t in hearing distance surely someone would know where to find them, for wouldn’t they know the most about the comings and goings in their land? “FALLS! In the name of the Sultan of Dragon’s Throat, I come for counsel! Is anyone there?”

- - -

Tags: @[Sohalia] @[Rasta] and open for others!
Notes: Meg is on a mission from Gaucho looking for anyone who’s seen or heard of Soh’s whereabouts, landed just past the Falls border.
a soldier does not have time to wait
a soldier cannot hesitate
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
After a long day spent foraging in the Threshold, the long-legged grey stumbled jadedly along the path that led home. It had been a rather unproductive day, not at all eventful, yet still her joins ached as though she had crossed the entire length of Helovia and back...twice! Her breathing was more laboured, eyelids like heavy curtains falling across glazed eyes, and there was an unusually lethargic trend to her step – certainly not the long, springing stride of only months before.

Silas... she burst at last, pausing just south of the cascading water which marked both borderline and entrance to her home. I just have no idea what’s wrong with me lately.

The zephyr’s chest rumbled with concern – he too had noticed the rather dramatic change, although, his beloveds thoughts of late had been refreshingly light.

The one-winged mare sighed deeply. It was frustrating that she was returning empty handed; she had set out with a grand plan to find something special and a traveller along the way. The forest had been remarkably quiet however, humid, with revoltingly stagnant air. Had she owned a wiser mind, Africa might had heeded the moan of her thickening body and soaked herself instead all day in the pool by her cave – she was not particularly clever however, and wearily she stumbled north with a lathery sweat cloak, thick across her frame.

Her companion descended as cascading water appeared through the tree line; it was a familiar sight and a relief, because she really wasn’t sure how much longer she could walk. The roar filled the atmosphere around her and long ears hastened backwards beneath curling flames; sandy eyes travelled upwards to trace the line of the towering cliffs against blue. Often she scaled their height by wing, but more recently her energy had been lacking (enough to warrant sleep by the foot instead).

The feathers lining her lonely wing ruffled. The waterfall’s spray gathered into glimmering beads across her already sodden coat, spilling rivulets towards the stone beneath her stride as she crept ever nearer. Longingly she glanced by the bubbling pool, but she could only guess the strength of the torrents twisting beneath – to swim would risk drowning, something she feared more than old age. Tentatively she skirted the edge and slipped into the cave beyond.

The sound of falling water filled the short, narrow passage through the ruined mountain - deafeningly - and she failed to hear the voice ringing through the realm beyond. Had she known another of her former home lingered there, she might have turned right around and skulked back to wilt in the Threshold. As it were, with Silas riding high upon her rump, the Starry-Eyed turned the final bend and stepped out right behind the large winged bay...

“Oh!” she bleated, startling back across coiled thighs, “Goodness...” Megaera’s was a face she had not seen in many seasons, and her backside was not one she recalled quickly. However, the dull sheen of desert dust dampened across her hid by sweat was unmistakable. “What are you doing here?” she blurted in her haste.

salsolastock | uplifting-stock | two-ladies-stocks
foxyfirewings & larfsalot @deviantart
subtlepatterns.com

@[Megaera] - I was too lazy to proof read sorry :P

Megaera
Megaera was used to listening over the winds of an open desert, could pick out a chattering mouse in the midst of a sandstorm, but this landscaped was so very unfamiliar to her. The air was maddeningly still, and the humidity made it thick and uncomfortable to breath. Meg would take the dry, baking heat of Dragon’s Throat over this any day. Here, sounds seemed to all but disappear in the white-noise created by the rush of falling water and the dominance of trees and water would never let her take advantage of her flat-out speed or nimble flight. Good thing I’m not here to fight, I suppose… she thought, but hoped the terrain of the Basin wouldn’t have her feeling so penned-in when she went north.

As it was, Meg didn’t hear the approach of the grey mare until her startled “Oh!” alerted her to it. Already tensed from the prevailing sense of immediacy Gaucho’s mission had imbued her with, the short wait for any kind of response had the bay jerking her head around, ears pricked up and leading the way. Her body spun to follow, one wing tucked in to curve around and the other extended to balance the quick motion. “Oh!” She responded, rather dumbly, as the surprise of running into an old acquaintance, so very unexpectedly, temporarily shoved her own purpose here from her mind.

She stood for a moment, face a mask of shock and one wing still sticking out awkwardly. The kind mare that had been one of the first to greet her in Helovia had not been who Meg had expected to see after so long. Since her own return from searching for a missing Gaucho, the little Warrior had heard that Africa had had a brief stint as Sultana but had since left the Throat. Birdsong being what it had, Meg had not had the time to discover where she’d gone. Yet suddenly here she was, the dark zephyr perched open her back.

“Africa!” Meg’s face finally broke into a quick smile of recognition but Africa’s quick question brought her sober purpose back to mind. The soldier straitened, wings both folding close to her frame and a serious sharpness returning to her gaze as her surprise faded. “I am glad to see you well and safe, but I am afraid I am not here on pleasant business.” Megaera hesitated then, from her understanding Africa knew the missing Sultana far better and the new she bore would be harder to hear than it was to tell. Still, Meg thought, I’ve got a mission, and I can’t shirk duty to spare feelings.

“Gaucho has sent me to see all the herds. Sohalia has been missing a season, we thought she’d been away on business for the Academy, but one of her sons returned without her. The Sultan though he had been with his mother but the boy hasn’t seen her since Frostfall.” The words brought full back her sense of purpose, and Meg’s voice and expression were un-characteristically grim. “I am come to see if any in the Falls has had any sign of where she might have gone, and I am afraid I cannot linger long. Do you know where I might find the Czar or Czarina? They might know best whom to ask.”
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Deceased
It was almost the same fear which rose to glaze thickly across retiring golden eyes, as that which had surfaced when the aspiring spy of Dragon’s Throat, Satanic Silk, had paid her a visit. The confrontation had been wrought with turbulent emotion, words thrown too freely, and the memory of that fateful afternoon barely months before returned readily to sting her mind and conscience. Casting her meek gaze to the stony earth was all Africa could manage to conceal the staining guilt as it pinched ashen features; she could not stomach the bay’s reaction when recognition set it – Africa’s blazing, crippled presence was hardly forgettable.

And there it was...

Megaera answered with similarly dense murmuring and should the one-winged mare’s frame of mind have been free of its burden, it might have laughed heartily at the silliness. There was nothing remarkably entertaining about the situation however, and beneath tensing sinew, her empty, aching stomach twisted apprehensively. What does she know? she wondered fretfully, silently, wholly expecting the next of Megaera’s words to spew ridicule and revulsion – for that was precisely the perspective she, herself, had taken. A fleeting, one-eyed glance upwards revealed only the other mare’s shock, confusion perhaps lurking somewhere throughout, but the dappled medic felt inclined to assume instead disdain.

“I’m... “ she began in unison with her once desert sister’s reply – her own cloak of dapples had been long free of trademark dust and brackish hue. Ears reclined sorrowfully, slipping still deeper beneath playful flames, and she stiffened her tongue between marbled yellow teeth to listen instead.

The nature of the soldier’s arrival – ‘not here for pleasant business...’ – hardly came as a revelation and Africa nodded grim and understanding; but Megaera went on to speak of Sohalia the Transcended, not herself, and lifting throat choked very visibly on the news. The Dragon mare’s low tenor shouldered the grief of her entire family, no doubt – that and the pessimistic shadow through her expression seemed awfully out of place on one so resilient.

Though cruel in a sense, the dove-like Sultana’s disappearance was the perfect distraction from her own mean desertion – and small smile stirred upon fraught lips. “You needn’t search further...” soft lyrics explained, and the tone warmed quickly beneath. “I healed her wounds only weeks ago. She is here... (nose drifted as though to gesture around at the lush wilderness beyond their stony perch) ...somewhere.” She shook the worry from her face, long heavy mane bouncing beneath the wild twist of goaded fire. How ironic that both Sultana's had retired to the Gallant's fair paradise - she said nothing of it.
subtlepatterns.com

@[Megaera]

Megaera
Megaera’s heart was sinking rapidly as she watched the grey mare’s reactions. Assuming, as she had been, that there was bad news to find and have to bring back to her Sultan, she read only that possibility into Africa’s reaction to their meeting. She’d heard nothing, or at least listened to none of the rumors that the reign of Sultanas following the reformation had been anything to be ashamed of. Ampere’s disappearance had been dubious, but Meg had assumed that Africa’s stepping down was only due to Gaucho’s return. I light of that, when the mare who had once been familiar seemed to shrink away (even under cheerfully dancing flames) Meg though only of the possible fate of The Transcended and the distress came before Africa could respond.

Meg’s ears flattened toward the back of her skull, and she, too, drummed her gaze to the ground below. She would still go to the other herds, ask, make sure she had the full story before she turned for home. And Gaucho! How on earth would she tell the Sultan she loved that one he loved had been taken from him? If she was the bearer of that news would he blame her for it?

The soldier was already so deep into despairing over her next task that it took a few seconds for her to realize that Africa’s words had completely negated the necessity for it. Her gaze flashed back to the other mare, the expression of dumfounded surprise splattered back across her face. “Sohalia..is…hhheeerrreee?” the words were slow, as she tried to reconcile their ramifications in her mind.

She had hardened herself for a week or more of brutal travel, had prepared for the bearing of ill news. While she flew she had been envisioning returning to the throat only for reinforcements for an assault on the Sultana’s captors to the north in the secretive Basin or to the far lands in the east. A mission for rescue or for vengeance. And now it was…over? Just like that? Once that thought settled itself in, there was a voice that told her to fly back to the throat immediately to report! But no, she needed more information than that, and if Africa spoke of her as just being generally ‘around here somewhere’ there didn’t seem to be any emergency that needed immediate action.

“Oh…Well then..” She started again, the fact that this was good news still trying to wedge itself in her brain. The tension that had made her grim started to ebb away, when all at once the hard smack of good sense finally caught up with her and her brain was again firing on all cylinders. Her ears perked themselves forward once and she smiled with the relief.

Still, the fact that the dove had been here for weeks and had been injured was no smiling matter, and her smile faded to a focused examination. She needed more information; that was her first task. “Wounds? What happened? Has she been here all Birdsong? Why didn’t she come back to the Throat? Is she alright now? Can you take me to her?” Her mouth seemed to be intent on making up the time her brain had lost and she fired off the round of questions in a rapid stream. Her tone had brightened, carrying nothing accusatory in her questions, the mare was simply excited to find good news and was eager for more that she could take home and ease the worries there.
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

You see, I had wanted to find Africa to tell her that I had bee promoted to Mason. I wanted to fill her in - to let her know that we were both in high ranks, that we both were finally important. But, the thing that I found instead was far more confusing. I made my way down the steps, almost bumping right into Africa, tripping over my feet and stabilizing myself at the last second to hear the slew of questions that were being vomited from this other creature's mouth. I tilted my cranium, letting out a puff of air in slight disdain before pressing my maw against the Starry-Eyed's barren shoulder in a sign of support and welcoming.

No. I couldn't just stand here. Carefully, I cleared my throat, ears perked up and then I allowed myself to speak when I thought the questions were done. "I'm Rasta, one of the Masons. Would someone please explain why all of these questions are being tossed around? And as far as coming back to the Throat I was going to leave in a day or two's time to go bring Gaucho some news." I said, Ettore now bouncing eagerly from my nest and forcing me to stop and reintroduce him. "And this is Ettore," though at this point in time I wasn't even sure that such introductions were really what was important. Someone was interrogating another member of the herd just outside our borders and it did not please me - especially not when the one being interrogated was Africa.

Hope you don't mind - you tagged, so I threw her in even though it's a little late now.
-posts will get longer xD

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
At long last the blistering fireball fell beyond the horizon, fading to burn another part of this world half an ocean away. Stagnit humidity hung thick as molasses; yar, there was no cool place. Even the mountains are wet with perspiration, and standing near the thunder of water and spray provided relief...nar...but tis only temporary. Seemed our fur stayed damp constantly.

Even Fina was uncomfortable and her mood soured as the days turned from warm, to hot, to unbearable during the high point of the afternoon. Tis funny...A god is punished for murdering mortals, and we suffer the affliction as if our bodies had committed the crime. Nar...I frowned. Watching as yon pale light disappeared and glowing fireflies emerged from their hidden places; other creatures such as the locust, cricket and tree frog all came alive to sing an off tune melody.

From my perch on the cliff side I also watch a dark female soar into the valley. My gaze drifts to her without much interest at first, there were many new bloods coming and going -- my first thought was yon girl was one such individual. Pinons spread, laboring to pull me into the air -- one more check of the border before shift change.
______

The last embers finally burnt away. I circled round and came upon the trio standing in a field closest to the entrance of our land. Feathers slither close, carrying me lower until toes collide with the withered flora, a bed of soggy turf. Gold spreads, quickly crying off and disappearing as I step to join them. A warm smile extends toward the group, with my gaze falling gently upon Africa -- who appeared nearly as travel worn as the...A breath and closer inspection placed a name and origin to the dark lass, "Hail," to our company I voice, "Is all well?"

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Megaera
The fiery warrior was still firing her questions when the pale gold mare arrived. In her eagerness to continue her mission, to find out if the absent Sultana was indeed here in the Falls, safe and well after a season away, her impulsivity got the better of her. She would have near ignored the newcomer, waiting for Africa to answer, but the gold mare spoke first. The disapproval was clear in her sight and her tone, but her demand for an explanation of why Megaera was demanding an explanation instantly riled the bay.

Her gaze rounded on the newcomer, dark eyes seeing only red in a short spit of righteous indignation. She ignored the introduction of the bouncing bird and positively growled: “Questions?! The Sultana of Dragon’s Throat turns up missing so I am sent. I find she has turned up in need of healing--has been here for WEEKS and you challenge my asking questions?! The Sultan should have been informed as soon as she arrived, a messenger sent at once, and you were just now thinking of sending us word!” She didn’t want to be rude, didn’t mean to be quite so abrasive, but she also didn’t take any time to check her words before they spilled out. Her posture mirrored the indignation: still limbs, arched neck and eyes blazing. In the back of her mind, behind her temper, she realized exactly what Rasta’s milky stare might mean, that from where she stood, the posture and the proximity, placed her as Africa’s friend, and a closer one than Meg had ever been.

The arrival of Midas was the shimmer of distraction that had Megaera checking her behavior. The stallion had been Sultan as well when she had first come to the Throat, and she knew him by sight well enough. His calm approach and welcoming smile made her hasty words seem twice as harsh. She had not the capacity for meekness (not anymore) and her pride kept her standing tall, but the aggression that came so quickly to her began to fade. Gaucho had sent her to seek information, not start a war so today she had to be an emissary as well as a warrior. It reflected poorly upon herself and her entire herd to enter a friend’s home with disrespect, and she was properly ashamed to have let herself lean in that direction

She nodded respectfully to the Czar, “Midas.” She greeted, frustrated at her own agitation, but making a firm attempt at remaining polite. “I am Megaera, a warrior of the Throat; Gaucho sent me to seek information concerning the whereabouts of Sohalia.” She hesitated then knowing what she should do, but finding it hard to build up the humility to do it. Megaera had the arrogance of a born warrior; she hated having her flaws brought to her attention even as she tried to overcome them.

Sighing at herself more than anyone, she turned back to the mares and addressed them both. “I apologize for my behavior. It was wrong of me to be so rude in your home.” Her gaze had lost its fury but not its fire, that and her tone were sincere, as hard as it was for to admit her own mistakes. She shifted again, including all three in her address. “If Sohalia is here and well, I should like to know, and a bit of what has transpired if you would tell me. I should not linger to long unless there is something I can do to help my Sultana. The Wildfire is worried, and I can get back to him quickly it would ease his burdens.” It really was Gaucho that she worried over now. Meg’s devotion to her lead was unequivocal, and he was already agonizing over the crimes he had been unknowingly complicit in these months. If she could help ease this worry at least, she wanted to do it as soon as possible.
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Deceased
As the Sun’s soldier let forth vocally the barrage of her confusion, there was a scrabble of hooves in the cave behind Africa and she turned to find her best friend sliding forward along naked, dappled pelt to join them – though it made little difference to the paler mare, no doubt, she offered a warm smile.

Ever the more assertive (and obviously wiser) of the unusual pair, Rasta coughed demurely enough and began to explain the situation for the visibly troubled visitor (with a few sharp questions thrown in for good measure). The one-winged mare shifted uncomfortably in place, not well fond of confrontation, and ruffled (a little) too that such worry had apparently overcome all of the Wildfire’s clan for the sake of their white dove; but nothing so much as a passing thought was spared for her own safety, among more important business.

Pale, yellow eyes fought the wave of distain boldly. It only pressed deeper her resolution to remain with Midas - her existence it was true, paled in comparison to other personalities, irrespective of the many lengths she had gone through for the better of the Dragon family. Megarea launched a fresh tirade, demands, directions, all of which Africa regarded with a wary backward tilt of her ears – many a warrior before this one had learned battle-skill ahead of diplomatic arts...

Darkness as sombre as the mood of the conversation seemed to fall heavily across her shoulders, but through the curtain came the light of hope, gold in wake of his stride; fresh air as the atmosphere grew suddenly bitter. Though every inch of her frame wanted to burry itself beneath the unwavering steadiness of his poise, she lingered close to Rasta, ribs pressed against her warmth. It was interesting that not one, but two of the Throat had swanned free through the borders of this well hidden land with raving tongues and bursting righteousness. Perhaps her desert home of old was changing more than she had expected. Good for them... she hummed quietly, grimly.

Megaera backtracked a little in the face of the Czar, and Africa watched with a well caught tongue and startled confidence; an apology, and a far softer tone. Nevertheless, she remained in place with masked reluctance, ready to aid with information if it was called for.
subtlepatterns.com

@[Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I had been trying to be nice to this newcomer, but the way that she turned to me - form ruffling in anger - did little to keep the politeness where I stood. Instantly, roots began to shoot up from the ground (their mother's the bushes not far off from where we stood) and they shot around where the mare was standing. I dare her to move - to try and come forward an keep talking. My ears pin even farther back as she snaps, saying that the Sultana was missing, turned up in need of healing, and had been here for weeks. I could only scoff. I had found her but a few days ago, and I wasn't planning on leaving her side. Africa had been in no state to go and I had not been sure who else to dispatch to go.

I bristle, standing up taller, plants swaying threateningly in the air around her - though not yet clinging to grasp at the mare and pin her down. "It would be best you stop using that tone when in our herdlands." I chide, eyes narrowing. "I may not be a leader, but I am within my right to ask you to leave." I was not pleased, not at all pleased. The anger radiated through my veins, causing Ettore to click in his nest with discomfort. Still, though, I moved to offer some protection for Africa before Midas appeared. I snort, only allowing the roots to slither back into the ground after the mare's apology. Though, I will admit that I was still oh-so-very ready to cause my roots to cling to her limbs and yank her back onto the earth if she tried anything. There was a gentle bob of my head to Midas in greeting, though I did not say anything to him just yet.

She asked to know what had happened, saying that she wouldn't linger long and saying that the Wildfire was worried. I scoffed again, he hadn't been too concerned when I had spoken to him last. In fact, he said she was away on business with one of their sons - a son she hadn't left with. He just wasn't very informed, now was he? "Sohalia has only been here for a matter of days - I found her less than a week ago attempting to basically crawl back to the Throat. She needed medical attention, which Africa gave her, and then I asked her to stay and recuperate. It is up to her if she wishes to divulge what happened to her - but know that it was not her choice to leave in the first place." I pause taking in a deep breath and bristling my flesh before I moved onto the accusation of my incompetence. "I dare not leave her side during that time - Africa was not able to go back to the Throat at this time, and I knew of no one else I could ask to leave to go tell Gaucho. Besides, when I spoke to him earlier her did not seem too distressed about her disappearance. In fact, he claimed she was gone on business with their son and she wasn't. I figured he could stay under that illusion a little while longer. Sohalia left but a day or two prior to this, to mourn the loss of her child, and should be returning to the Throat. I was leaving now to meet up with her there, though I guess my presence won't be needed now since you can spin your own tale to Gaucho." I snapped, letting out a snort before backing up so that I was directly beside Africa and no longer in a fighting stance.

Yea. I still wanted to hold her hostage after that tone she had spoken to me with. I was not pleased at all with this mare's tact.

Rayo wanted to let y'all know that Sohalia was only in the Falls for a few days before leaving ^^ the information Rasta gave is what Sohalia is actually doing, and what she'll have in stone in the recuperation thread we currently have in play (but is moving slowly)

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Attention remains politely directed to the one called Megaera, her face drawn tightly. Weary, but also passionate. I remembered such a warrior from my time upon her sands; though yon strained expression was less familiar to me. Ears fondly listen toward her concerns and apology, I nod -- sparing a side glance to Africa and Rasta, marking their reaction and wondering what had just occurred between these three to warrant such pardon. The dappled sun child remained expectantly silent. Uncertain discomfort pursing lips that were better suited with a smile...

Before a single utterance could be said in reply; my pale sister, Rasta, spoke up. Tone harsh and biting, reminding me of a Ma chastising a foolish cur to stay well away from her babe. Obviously there was some frustration with what had just transpired. She then posed a revelation, news that hadn't come to me yet...yar, until now. Sohalia?
Brow furrowed, the lines of my face drew together and welcoming smile eased toward a look of concern and confusion. His mate, his heart.

Obviously...the threads of proper tact and communication had been severed. "Peace," tone is deep, soft and mimicking the thunder that erupts from my hooves, sending a small, but noticeable quake beneath their toes. They had long since fallen silent, but I would have words, "Her return escaped my notice." Gaze flicked to Rasta, then settled upon the bay feathers of our company, "as did her leaving of this valley." My patrols are widespread, but a single set of eyes can not peer down every trail... "By sound, she is likely on a path back to the Throat." I glanced toward the dying light, noting how late tis getting. "I will offer what aid thee desires," expression softens, "be it soldiers to aid the search or comforts to restore thee strength."

Motioning toward yon dimming heaven, I add, "See theeself rested, if only for a little; thee appears worn and I'd not have a soldier of our allies and kin fall from the sky because of thirst and hunger," it was her choice, to leave us now, fleeing home -- or stay, knowing well that a few hours of restoration would be benefical, "When ye returns to him, know that I will be following shortly after -- to ensure the Sultana has made it back."

Word count: 382
OOC: @[Megaera] Sorry it took so long.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Megaera
In the name if diplomacy, in respect of the ties that bound Falls and Throat, Meg had apologized. She hated apologizing. For every word the poured out of the milky-eyed palomino, Meg heaped another shovelful of regret over her own attempt at civility. The Mason went on and on, a pile of excuses and condescending criticism and every syllable uttered fueled Megaera’s furious indignation. By the time her drivel ceased, the warriors ears were pinned against her skull and her eyes blazed in fury.

She was incensed. A rushing like ocean waves filled her hears and all the focus and self-control she could muster was channeled into not striking the mare in her smug little face. Don’t you dare. This is a rescue mission not a war! she had to yell into her own mind. She nearly shook with anger at the gall of this stranger and when she answered her tone was deadly quiet “The Falls has numbers equal to Dragon’s Throat and you say there was no on. You, Mason…” the word was sneer in her mouth “…must have rocks in your head if your that unresourceful; any Warrior would have known exactly who to send.”

Vaguely aware that Midas spoke, but the battle-bay was too enraged to pay any heed to his archaic speech. She stole a quick, confused glance, at Africa… What on earth had happened to change the kind Diviner she had met into this shrinking, passive thing? She must have been away from the desert too long. “Thank you, Africa, for your help.” She meant it, and hoped at least that much would come through the wall of anger. She spared only a glance for Midas, not hearing his offer of rest and aid, it was too late in Megaera’s mind for the Czar to make up for his herdmates failings. She spun as tightly as a creature her size could and with a handful of reaching strides took to the skies and her home once more.

- - -

Notes: Yep Meg’s to pissed to listen (mostly because of good ol’ liquid time she’s already given Gaucho her report) and she’s off. Thanks guys!
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure