[PRIVATE] made me a believer with the touch of your skin [Kaj]

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
an angel who's afraid of the light
her halo is broken
but there is fight in her eyes

Oh the nights were long, they were bitter, and just plain cruel.

Azaneen found herself next to the edge of death quite often, standing next to that long drop to the deadly sea.

Though she was far from making the leap, the thought was more than tempting. Almost as if it warmed her to think of passing on. As if the pain she would feel for a few seconds would be better than the pain she will feel for the rest of her life.

She was still here for a reason though and that reason would be her savior, that she will never be able to repay for what he had done. Aza wasn't quite sure why he cared enough to bring something so broken and dying to his lovely home. Either way she was thankful that he gave her a reason to stand against these dark thoughts.

So there she stood, awaiting him along the edge of his land. Overlooking the beautiful sea as the sun began to set and darkness took over the land. Allowing her to be easily spotted, a golden glow amongst the blue hues of the night. Wondering just when it would be that he would come by to give her company, as his was all she wanted.

Perhaps she was just far too shy to seek the companionship of another, ashamed of the way her bones still protruded from her body (though they were slowly becoming less visible and she looked far better than she did that day in the Threshold), not even sure how to talk with them.

Were they like he?

Were they just as kind and soft?

Understanding and embracing?

She would only soon find out. Though as for now, she stuck to herself, along the edges of his lands. Seeking shelter in her loneliness, despite how unhealthy it was for her mind. Pain was still too deep and she just couldn't... couldn't love anyone else right now. He was the only one she needed in this dark time and she trusted him to help her pull through, as she would do for him whenever he needed her.

[OOC- Aza still be all emotional and shit, lolz. Reply at your own pace, no rush here, just the first of the few threads to get them acquainted with each other. :) ]
@[Kaj]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
even when there's nothing left, keep fighting

A weary king strode across the warm baked earth of his home, mighty shoulders slumped and broken beneath the weight of a thousand private wars he waged, forever on the losing side. It seemed no matter which way Kaj stepped, it was always the wrong path, and he was mercilessly attacked each and every time. A labyrinth with alternating dead ends, taunting faces on lofty pillars and sneering visages at a finish line he would never be able to discover. Kahlua's anger rang eternally in his ears, echoed by Resplendence's similar sentiments. They drove iron rods into his bones, made him ache all over with the force of his feelings. An emotional pain that impacted him physically.

Even the sorrowful silence of the birds seemed to acknowledge his helplessness.

A quiet snuffle escaped the giant brute, eyes downcast and dull, a blurred looking glass. He had no real motive, nor any goal. No endgame to focus on, to give him meaning. His wandering was aimless, a nomad in a land too mighty to console him. The Goddess had clearly been wrong in appointing him King. He had lost too much, shown everyone (and surely the Goddess herself, as well) that he was an unfit, hapless ruler.

The voice of his father, ancient and long buried, resurfaced like the quiet murmur of the waves that signaled the coming of a typhoon. You are no stallion. Silence your piteous words! You act like a mare! A thousand emotions that Kaj had repressed for the sake of a man who had never found him to be good enough. When the Storm Bringer had arrived in the Threshold, it had been with an air of silence, one that had lent him a kinship with the mute Ink. It had dissolved with time, a barricade that he hadn't realized was one composed by his father rather than himself.

For the first time, Kaj found himself longing for those old defenses.

His open nature had done him well for many years, but it seemed to instead be failing him recently.

The cliff was a familiar sight. Seasons of patrols on its border had lent it a particular sticking factor in his memory, and a thousand secret plunges from its precipice remained in his mind. It was a lot like jumping for the sake of suicide, but he was always able to pull himself back from that metaphorical ledge with the traits of his lineage.

It seemed someone else was thinking quite the same.

Azaneen's gentle glow was similarly familiar, a beacon of light that had him trudging towards her. Perhaps she could give him a purpose, her unfailing belief in him could ease the raw wounds of his soul. Kaj found he desired to be nowhere else in that moment, with her locked in his sights like a newly bloomed sunshine rose.

"Azaneen," he called softly, announcing his presence. Kaj couldn't imagine how he must look to her in that moment, probably like a ghost revived from the dead. Haggard, broken. But he tried his best to lift his head, seem more like the proper king he was supposed to be. She deserved that, at least. Especially when he'd promised her a loving, supportive home. He didn't want her to think him a liar just because it was a truth that excluded him.

No rush on this considering your busy post <3 just thought you deserved it since I was so late!

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
her halo is broken

A familiar scent was carried across the gentle breeze before his words rang in her ears. Silent eyes turned to watch the man approach.

Though this time, he was far from what she remembered. There seemed to be a lack of something inside him, his beam of light (or the one she imagined him having) no longer flew into the skies. Causing Azaneen's worrisome shattered heart to scamper towards him. A smile was presented to reach out to him. There was no need for him to act proper in her presence, for she of all else would know that when the heart aches... we cannot pretend. We lack something that allows us to seem real in our fake acts.

"Kaj." she cooed to him, trying to be soothing and caring. She wanted him to know that there was no need to be some tough King in front of her, feelings were okay. In life there are always feelings and to hold those back is to bring even more pain inside your being.

Flicking her onyx tail, the golden chain that wove through the hairs rustled against itself, 'causing the silence to be less silent. "Is there something that troubles you tonight?" golden glowing hooves journey closer to him, smooth walk that would have looked oh so much better had she not been so bony and slim.

She stopped before him, level eyes locking on his, hoping to send waves of comfort to his way.

OOC;; i'm still trying to decide if this post is crap or not lolz
TAG;; @[Kaj ] - (Not actually tagged to keep your PMs from overloading lol)
image credits
- table by Niki -

K
A
J

It was odd how one mortal being could feel so weary, aching so deeply, with a wince to every step, without ever being physically harmed. Those who had never experienced the woes of the heart could scoff upon those who never seemed to escape its grip, but Kaj knew the truth. There was perhaps no greater pain that existed than an emotional one. Wandering towards the beautiful mare on the cliff, he wondered if she'd say yes should he ask her to topple over with her. He swore he would catch her, he wouldn't leave her to the pain she'd never inflicted upon him. Always others.

She was a guiding light, a savior in the distance, and she drew him like a moth to flame. Except she was an expanse of warmth and kindness, rather than the cruel lick of heat and fire across his burned-out wings. He prayed that she had the strength to support him, to offer him home and shelter. Despite how little he knew of her, he couldn't help but seek her shoulder to lean upon. All he needed in that moment was some free, boundless care and affection. His soul had been bashed upon the rocks too often, the strain upon his body had become too much, speaking less even for his mental state.

His name drew him out of his daze, and though he chided himself for appearing so pitiful before her, it was clear she'd have none of that by the mere tone of her voice. A sheepish, tired smile drew itself across his lips, but it was sincere nonetheless. He shuffled towards her, flight feathers rumpled and dirty where they dragged on the cliffside, stooped beneath the weight of his private burdens. Leaning forward, the king proffered his muzzle, hoping beyond hope that she would embrace him in turn. Even just the smallest of gestures. She held his entire being in her tiny hands in that moment, whether she knew it or not.

"Nothing but a heart broken too many times and too recently to beat, and a family that seeks to abandon me when I need them most," he confided vaguely, his smile somehow at odds with the confession. Kaj didn't know how to portray his own weakness, he was so used to trying to assure others that he was okay that even in the face of his own honesty his smile refused to slide from his lips.

@[Azaneen]

Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
her halo is broken

His smile did not go unnoticed, he tried and that was all that mattered. I know far too well how hard it is to pull a smile upon lips that would rather frown. Kaj made his way closer to me and as he extended his maw to mine, I gently reached for his as well. Feeling the warmth as they bump quietly. A tiny touch that shot love and affection through my entire being and I can only hope that he felt the same embrace as I did. For he seemed to need it tonight more than I possibly could.

Though for feeling his own heart ache, I could not (as his story is surely unlike mine), what I could do was understand. Understand how awful it is to have something stab and rip you apart, without giving you any mercy. This world is unforgiving, cold in the least. In the cold you must search for the little warmth you can find and embrace it. Love it. Care for it. And never let it escape your grasp.

As his words formed, I could feel my own breath catch inside my lungs. Twirling around, begging to be released. The last thing I wanted for the stallion whom saved me from my own darkness, was a darkness that surrounded him as well. It was there and tearing him apart. The worst part was as he described his family to be partially the creators of this ache. With that I released my breath, quietly, though my eyes spoke the loudness of my sorrow and disappointment. Not disappointment in him but disappointment in those who cared not for his feelings. Those who cared not for their king.

"A family that abandons you when you need them the most, is no family at all Kaj." I speak, tones of concern. Pressure building behind my golden orbs. "When our hearts break, they shatter into a million pieces. Pieces so tiny and scattered, we fear we may never be able to piece them back together again," I reach for him, not physically but emotionally "that is when we need our family, not something untrue that brings even more pain to our hearts."

Oh how I wish I could take his pain and make it mine.

"Our world is cold and cruel Kaj," I turn my face to look at the ocean that smashes against the rocks "in the bitterness we must find the balmy that resides in each crack and crevice. Embrace it and never let it escape our grasp." I turn to look back at him "What I am trying to say is, do not fill your spaces with those that do not deserve to reside there. "

OOC;; Such feels man, such feels.
TAG;; @[Kaj]
image credits
- table by Niki -

K
A
J

Even something so simplistic as their muzzles brushing breathed a sigh into his soul, lifting the dredges of his pathetic attempts to the surface to battle fruitlessly once more. Still, it was a breath of fresh air to see her smiling face, to know that for once he had someone to turn to who wasn't aware of the blood on his hooves or the shadows of his past. Someone who wouldn't compare him to Mirage, fault him for his supposed breaking of Kahlua's heart, or any other thousand things he had done in the past. Did they not see the barbs they made of their words, or the affect they had on the King's psyche? Or did they simply not care, aware that he would merely let them lash him with their nettled whips?

Azaneen's voice seemed to speak the opposite, and he lifted weary eyes to her beautiful gems, trying not to rebel against the mere notion that she presented in her words. Family was family, through and through. The idea that they weren't was simply...baffling. Kaj was built and formed entirely on kinship, on brotherhood. If it was taken from him...he was left with nothing. At least, nothing that the Storm Bringer considered good. But he listened nonetheless, taking comfort in the tone of her voice if nothing else. Someone speaking kindly to him was all he needed in that moment, and so he clung to every syllable that dripped off her lips like it was the sweetest, most expensive honey in the world.

"These people are all I have left," he whispered, begging her to understand, to see that he wasn't wholly rejecting her advice. If it chased her away, it would only serve to put another scar on a heart that was more puckered skin that beating organ any longer. "I love them even when they hurt me. I know no other way to forgive, to love. I tell myself they just need to get it out, they need someone to lash out against who won't hate them afterwards." Whether or not that was true or he was just being taken advantage of was entirely debatable, but Kaj didn't like to dwell on that particular potential ending.

He gave a great shuddering exhale, gazing out across the sea with her, taking strength in the gentle rhythm of the waves that he felt in his very pulse. He was wholly Edge, and the Edge was inside of him. Likely forever. It was all he had ever known. Kaj wondered if that would change, with how the Goddess had betrayed them in the end. How could he feel connected to the land, the people, but not their patron?

"Do you reside there?" A whisper. It was tentative, a child seeking reassurance from its mother that it was loved, that it was worth something. He chanced a look at her, wondering if she would be off-put by such a forthright question. He liked to think that Azaneen was his friend, with how she clearly cared for him as equally as he did her. Would that be enough?

@[Azaneen]

Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!