the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dinner is Served

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Drool trickled from my sharp toothed jaws that were wrapped around the smooth surface of the egg. Stealing the infant had been easier than I had expected, the pale hue of my coat blending in nicely with the snow and ice in which the mother had chosen to lay it's cream colored delicacies. My long, furry tail wagged back and forth as I headed back to the den in which my mate along with our balls of fur were waiting patiently for me to bring back whatever food it was I could find.

Amber eyes glanced down at the egg, it was fairly large and I had to be careful to not put too much pressure on it's delicate surface for fear of ruining it before getting it back to my family. An egg this large I would be able to easily feed all of the pups! Excitement could hardly be contained as slender legs pulled my canine frame through the thick snow, occasionally the struggle would lessen as I crossed through paths created by the huge monsters that thrived in these areas. One day I would grow unlucky and my pristine coat would blend in too well with the snow and one of their bony paws would go straight through my skull...then who would feed my family?

White ears flicked back as I pushed the thoughts of death out of my mind and stopped for a second in the middle of a monster's path so I could set the cream colored delicacy down for a moment and stretch my locking jaw out before continuing back to our den. Oh, our den, so nice and warm and soon full of the deliciousness of this egg.

"Talking"
@[December]
NPC

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

She could still remember his warmth upon her skin, his blue eyes staring her down and into her soul mercilessly, despite the kindness he held within them. The way he spoke had made her heart beat faster, her mind grow dizzy and her thick legs to wobble. She had been brought to a mess of emotions before him, and there was nothing she could have done about it. So instead, she had departed from their meeting in a state of confusion. Feathered limbs dragged in the snow, causing the particles to cling desperately to the dark hairs, and behind the trail lay dinner plate imprints, marking where the mare had been. The sun was sharp against the snow, the glare briefly blinding her for a moment.

In that time, she had failed to notice the furry creature crossing her path, and as such one of her larger hooves planted itself firmly on the fox's tail. Upon realizing the difference in terrain suddenly, December stepped back in surprise, looking down to find a nearly white creature with an egg before its paws. This was a rather large egg, one that she hadn't seen from the local birds around here. Ignoring the small fox, as with one stomp of her hoof she could easily crush it, her nostrils pressed themselves against the egg, taking in its scent curiously, steel eyes wide open to focus entirely on the specimen. Could it be she had found another egg that held something more than just one of the wild animals that flourished in these lands? She had tried twice before to obtain one, and had failed both times, causing the mare to all but give up on ever getting one of them. There was something special about them, something that made everyone desire them before their own lives it seemed, and now there was a chance for her to finally have one as hers.

She finally remembered that there was a creature next to her. Pausing from her observation she glanced over to it, ivory ears pricked toward it and face remaining expressionless, as she wondered what exactly she was supposed to do now to keep this egg away from the little mutt's jaws. Surely it was intending on eating it for dinner, but she would not let him get away with such things. With a rough bout of air escaping her muzzle, she snorted at him decisively,"I'm taking this from you. I suggest you leave here before I'm forced to kill you out of self defense."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 423
Tag: @[NPC]
OOC: Feel free to have him run or fight, whatever you feel like doing :3}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming