the Rift

;; diary of a nomadic pegasus

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
Caleb's dark form lingered through the forests, camouflaging well under the dark sky. Stars littered the sky, which created Helovia's only light source at this time. There was no moon to offer a surplus more of light, thus, it was dark. Caleb's tall form would be hard to spot as he curled around thin tree trunks, nearly mimicking the movement of a snack. His tail writhed behind him, ebony fan dragging on the damp ground, dirt particles latching onto the the smooth tail feathers. He moves at a walk, leisurely and calmly. The scent in the air is strange, a combination of many different biomes. To him, it hardly even smelled like a forest. He felt his body crave the familiar scent of pine and the feeling of low hanging branches tickling him as he moves. Here, it's almost as if the path has been cleared. In fact, in the woods he often took shelter in, there was no path. He would have to tiptoe his way around, hooves delicately being placed in order to avoid stepping on gnarly roots that grew partially above ground. Here, he walked carelessly once he found the wide path. Beige hooves dragged there way forward with each step. Onyx pinions loosened at his sides, hanging well below his underbelly, nearly dragging on the ground. Caleb's lobes sloped backwards as he continued, unafraid of whatever was to come. One might call him careless, but he felt rather safe.

There was a distant echo of hooves and whinnies, but nothing too important. The soft murmurs of birds in the trees was slowly making him tired, their gentle lullabies coaxing him to sleep. Cranium drops, and lids grow heavy, but he continues. Why does Caleb continue? He feels an urge inside of him, like he must find something here. No doubt this land was inhabited, the stench of sweat and horse flesh was unmistakable. He wondered if this would be a place to settle or if he would not fit in.

He drew to a halt, leonine tail moving like a worm on the ground behind him. Steel irises were hidden behind dark lids as the titan began to slip into slumber. He fought the urge to rest, but his weariness was far to great. And just like that, the nomadic stallion was fast asleep, still breathtakingly unique, even in slumber.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

The nighttime was an oddly comforting time of day. The darkness shrouds everything, and leaves everyone to be utterly alone. On this particular night, as the Tallsun moon descended, even the moon decided to stay hidden. The pale facade that usually rose to greet the nighttime animals, stayed in her slumber. Today was a great night to take to the skies. The Falls, although beautiful and breathtaking, lacked some of the mysticism that lurked within the threshold.

That place had so many secrets. Sets of hooves after sets of hooves moved through here. The only physical memory of them imprinted into the ground. So what had the night taken? Would the mysteries reveal themselves? Landing with a thud just inside the treeline, Elsa snorted. The overhanging branches shrouded every path. It was almost too dark. Stepping carefully, she began to work her way under the branches. Occasionally a stray root would grab at her hoof, but none took her down.

So as darkness usually does, it hid a very large man from her view. It wasn't until she almost stepped on him that she shrieked. "Holy.. I'm sorry, I didn't see you." Even now, her eyes couldn't adjust to find him out exactly. After a few moments of locked up movements, she could make out an outline. It looked like a unicorn, obviously dark, and... was that a pair of wings? Clearing her throat, she spoke again. "Sir, why are you out here at this time?" Good question Elsa, maybe she should answer it herself. She did seem to be the only other one stupid enough to wander off at night, with the exemption of this fellow. Whomever this horse was, she could also tell he was incredibly large. Larger than most. Usually, she towered or stood at the same height as others. Just standing before him seemed a little imposing. Hopefully he was friend, otherwise this was about to be an interesting battle to say the least.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

He heard her coming. His ears swiveled forwards as he awoke once again, still his eyelids felt heavy, thus they were kept closed. She moved close to him before acknowledging his presence. Her scent is unfamiliar and as her words drift hazily into the air, steel irises reveal themselves, nearly glowing in the dark night. His orbs are light, with flecks of blue. His feathered tail lashes behind him, flicking sticks and leaves out of the path. She offers an apology, but for what? Does she apologize for disturbing the titan's sleep? He reaches forward, lips stretching to find her muzzle. This is a greeting, but it doubles as an acceptance of her apology.

In the dim light, the mare seems pale, perhaps gray. From her side sprout two appendages, like his own, but colored ivory with hints of light cerulean. She was what he expected. Her voice like a gentle song fluttering towards large lobes, a kind appearance, attractive, and tasteful in choice of words. She questions his reasoning for being out so late and a subtle smirk graces his lips, pulling velvet lips upwards into an attractive curve. "Same to you. If you must know, the darkness of my home drives me here." A simple answer to a simple question. Dulcet tones delivered as quietly as possible, only for her ears.

A warm breeze filters through the forest, ruffling onyx feathers and dancing with black tassels. The breeze carries the scent of hope, he can almost smell each land, each particular horse that has been touched by this warm breeze, each legend born, and the blood of wars. Most of all, he can smell her. Her scent is nice, a subtle mixture of earth and tree, of wind and sky, of fire and smoke. She smells like many things, too much to pin point. "I am Caleb, from a land forgotten."

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

She can feel the extension of his muzzle, and tentatively accepts. It's a well known sign of acceptance and greeting. Although, its still such a foreign thing. So many different backgrounds intermingled within this little land. Horses both touchy and untouch-y alike would wander through here. Coming into this land was like playing with Russian Roulette, she'd never know what she landed on. Of course, she was grateful that he had done that instead of leaping at her face and attempting to rip it off.

However, he wasn't without his sass. As soon as his response came she shot him a sidelong look. He was a smart ass, whether he meant it or not. Apparently he came here to escape darkness. Oh the irony. "Im here enjoying the light of the moon. Taking a break from the the life of the herd. Refreshing my spirit so to speak." She shrugged, in all honesty she did not have a definite answer. He introduced himself then, as the name Caleb. It sounded like hers, more... normal. A lot of the names here were unique, weird. His was short and simple, like hers.

It wasn't that which caught her interest though, it was the words that followed his name. If he was from this "land of the forgotten" than how could he exist? A land is not forgotten if an inhabitant lives. And Caleb, as far as she knew, was very much alive. Of course, a walking deceased being would not surprise her. "Land of the Forgotten, obviously it isn't if you are still here Sir Caleb." She said pointedly. Ha, try and top that sass mister. "Im Elsa though. Pleasure." Although the little simple introductions would not be the only conversation that ensued. She was in the Threshold, which kind of meant she had an obligation to the Falls to at least invite him to return with her. Whether or not he accepted, was his choice.

Clearing her throat then, she began her invitation. "I may as well enlighten you while you are here. You have wandered into the land of Helovia. You're currently in the Threshold, the archway into your doom." Way to be so cheery Elsa. Her personality is a freaking giant ray of happy sunshine. "I'm from the Hidden Falls, a herd within this land. Since I'm assuming your new-" She paused, almost as if allowing him to speak. Yet, she continued quickly. "I'm ever so obligated to extend and invitation, and seeing as you aren't completely weird and defenseless..." She looked him up and down. Maybe he actually was, who really knew. "I would actually appreciate your presence there." She gave a glowing smile, full of legitimacy. Very rarely did she actually think that someone could do great things right off the bat. Maybe it was the night, or the air of "je ne sais quoi", but he seemed like he knew where he was going in life. Those horses were running short around here. "Or of course, you're welcome to roam the lands for yourself as an outcast." She tacked on. Opening up the options would at least make her seem a little more trustworthy and truthful, right?

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Their muzzles brush together, tender skin ripples and his lip reaches upwards. Withdrawing himself from her vicinity, he lifts his head into the air. Ivory lip still stretched upwards as his mind processes her scent. She is sweet and foul, an odd mixture of a mare's natural perfume, sweat, and dirt. She is something foreign, yet oddly familiar. His lids flutter for a moment before he settles, lip comfortably resting shut and head hanging low once more. She was his first scent of Helovian stock. Perhaps eventually Caleb would grow accustomed to their smell and ways, but for now, everything was remarkably new and he was the alien, trying to learn the ropes.

She offers him a reasoning to her presence, an unusual one, but still a reasoning. Why has she run from her home to come here? Silently, he toyed with the idea that she was trying to leave this place. Would he find blood, murder, rape, and horrible things past these lush woods?

Her voice lulls him to the present, easing his mind momentarily of worries, replacing it with pointless questions to answer. This question was simple, however, one he could easily answer. "The land is forgotten, because the horses that once roamed there are gone. How can something be remembered if no one is there to remember it? I, myself, have been forgotten. I am a mirage of what I used to be, only a fragment is left-- the rest lost to minds with hearts that have ceased to pulse." Death. When the heart no longer pulses, sends oxygen rich blood through vessels and veins, no longer beats, the animal is dead. This is what he believes has come upon his home, though he is far from certain. His voice remains doubtless, leaving no room to second guess his whispered statement.

She continues, stating her name. One of the titan's large ears swivels forwards, the other remaining relaxed. Her name is Elsa. It's unique, special, unmatched. He had not heard anything similar, thus, he grew fond of the name rather quickly. "Mgh," he grunted. His grunt was deep, manly even. It is an acceptance of her statement of 'pleasure'. He thought for a moment, had this truly been pleasurable for her? To him she seems somewhat miserable. Did she think the colt would have been different? Had she hoped for someone older? Yet, this yearling seems pretty older. His body is already toned with scars and muscles, his skin taut and firm. He is already large, but he will grow much more. The young stallion's body will fill out further, legs will grow dense with muscle, neck will thicken, he will be stronger.

The snowy woman begins to speak once again, her soft voice becomes something more practiced. Has she said this line to many horses already? Was he just another? She informs him if the basics. This is Helovia, there is doom in the future, she hails from The Hidden Falls, and she invites Caleb to join her in the falls. This was a strange situation for the ebony boy. Why was a woman inviting him into a herd? The rituals here were strange, much weirder than in his home. His mind lingers on the doom part, and he wholeheartedly decides no doom is too big for him to handle (unless there is poison, magic, or spears involved). "I wish to roam as an outcast for now, but I shall find your hidden home in the future and perhaps join you herd. For now, I shall roam in solitude." He states simply. Caleb was not wired to be in a herd, not yet. He wouldn't even be much use. Thus, he chose to live alone. Lips part in a beam, revealing pearly teeth in an attractive smile, he nods his head a goodbye and begins to walk through the "gateway to doom".