the Rift

[OPEN] Toiling for the Sun (Quest | Part 1)

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Hector returned from the Veins with much on his mind.

His posture, as he covered the land between the volcanic peninsula and the desert kingdom, was hunched and brooding. His short muscular neck bowed and bounded to the constant rhythm of his stride, and the sweeping length of tail trailing behind flicked at the very tip; left and right, left and right. The God of the Sun sought proof of his devotion, evidence that he was capable of wielding flame in the Sultan’s army. Of course there was no doubt in the faithful stallion’s mind that he was fit for the task, but he understood equally that his delay in returning – the level of introspection that had been needed prior – indicated distracted ambitions.

Sweat was drawn from his copper pelt by the soaking heat of the sun, and it began to lather without the cooling aide of flight. Hector needed the extra time to think – to strategise like any skilled warrior might – and forge a plan for the long mission ahead. He didn’t want to flatter his Father with trivial examples – common place spars that he might win regardless. The brazen stallion wanted something beyond expectation, he wished to push beyond expectations as much as he could and perhaps demonstrate his capability in some way or another, permenant.

...and so developed his first idea.

I will seek out the Forgers. He informed Veci firmly. I have no doubt the God of the Sun would think favourably about a set of armour wrought by His own magic, from the metals of His desert. For a moment longer, ears wavered and a cunning smile streaked through vivid copper eyes. In fact, I will seek a quest when next I find the chance to enchant it by his grace.

Veci was intrigued, but he had little interest in the material desires of Hector’s kind.

The stallion barrelled forward into a hearty, enthusiastic canter. Come now, Veci. I will not wear His patience thinner. By evening, as the light began to wilt beneath the dark fog of night, the soldier was picking a clever path between the rubble on the land-bridge – at first light, he would visit the lake in search of Cera or Amani (both he knew wielded the power of the Sun), and request from them a stunning set of Dragon armour.

@[Amani]