the Rift

[OPEN] Sinking Ships... [Arty]

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere
It is a nice afternoon when I decided to take a long walk.
And yes, when I say long, I mean long. I'd wandered through the Hidden Falls and forest and now I'd finally found what I was looking for.

Rolling cerulean waves danced across the light shore, and a bright smile comes to my maw. (If I could smile, that is) my heart fluttering every step I skeptically take-skeptical because this place...it's seems too beautiful to be real. Today, I found it prettier than usual. The white fluffy clouds in the sky dancing ever-so-gracefully across the sky in a slow-dancing crescendo of the music she played absent-mindedly inside her head. I see the clouds in the reflection of the blue water, and I see why they call this place The Endless Blue whoever had come up with that name seemed to have been here on a nice day. Much like columbus.

I couldn't exactly describe what was happening in my head when I thought of this sea with a ranging storm behind it, choppy waves and doubted minds believing that they would die on their journey across the beach from one terrible storm...But then again, it was perfect. And I was going to respect that on this day. It deserved that much, right? I thought so, keeping to myself silently, bright eyes alight with the evening sun.

-Don't let yourself be fooled by this beautiful scene. I warn you to stay on your guard. Something new will befall you.- This time, the voice wanted her to be careful. Not many times has she spoken to me in warning, so I take this one as true. Not just to scare me. "Okay then" I whisper so that if there is another near that I am not aware of, they will hopefully not hear. A nod of my head and a small skip in my step as I make my way towards the water, never truly having anything against it in my lifetime, though that could change at any moment. She told me to keep my guard up.

I do.

Talk.
-How She talks to me.-

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
you were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart

I found myself flying in the direction of the Endless Blue once again, this time I hopefully wouldn't find myself in a physical altercation with another equine as I had the last time. I still wasn't quite sure what had caused the fight to start, but it had and that was all that really mattered. The egg I held near and dear to my heart was still healthy and still warm with life as whatever infant was inside of it grew happily. Bubbles of happiness burst inside of me, infiltrating my blood stream and forcing the corners of my ink stained velvets to pull back into what could be considered a smile had there not been a speckled egg in my mouth.
Sometimes I really wish I had found some better way to carry this thing other than tucked into my wing, it was a real pain in the ass when I wanted to fly somewhere. But all that mattered to me was that I had saved the infant, kept it alive even without it's mother present. Like me, the infant would be raised without it's mother but it would survive and be a strong whatever-it-was. White lined wings beat against the salty air of the Endless Blue as my sporty body was lowered onto the pale sands that I had visited just a few days ago. Shoulder muscles relaxed as my wings tucked in close to my slender rib cage and my skull lowered so I could safely deposit the speckled egg onto the warm sand once again. A light smile properly split my features as I turned to look out over the blue green ocean for a moment before the movement of a grey form distracted me from the peace.
I watched her carefully, moving so I was standing protectively over the speckled egg, I couldn't let anything happen to the child now. We had come so far together I couldn't imagine loosing it. So far, the grey seemed innocent in her intentions, it didn't seem I was even noticeable yet as she raced over the sand sending it flying into the crystal blue sky as she drew closer to the white caps. Clearing my throat I allowed my frame to relax slightly before a low nicker was set loose into the warm Tallsun air in a greeting towards the horned one. Hopefully this introduction would go better than my last had on these sands.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Cashmere]
Words;; 407
Notes;; <3

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Adoptable
Cashmere
I slow when I hear a sound over the waves and my hooves clashing against sand. The sound of my tail whipping in the slight wind coming off the water, and the sound of a bird cawing in the distant forest. Loudly.

I look up, away from the beautiful sunset over the water, back. I don't want to go back but I have to as I notice him. Standing there was a boy, black and white. Standing over an egg. A washed down seemingly-protective look on his face, I guess he has been watching over it for some time. "Hello!" I call, unaware at the close vicinity of the waves coming up behind me. Tall, a wall of water almost knocks me about, I take a few more steps off the shore. As the clash of waves on sand had scared me.

A bit out of it for a second, I stand dazed. But my attention flits back to him. "I am Cashmere of the Hidden Falls." I decide it is better to take a few steps forward, to lock eyes with this gentleman. "And you, my new friend?" I wonder if he doesn't like me calling him a friend. I wonder if he will just pick up his egg and run. I wonder, I wonder, I wonder.

But then again, I may wonder wrong. Like, maybe the egg isn't even his and he is just standing over it. Maybe there is some sort of creature, companion hidden in his mane that he holds dear? Some sort of foal he'd been watching after all day long that he is tired out from... possibly? Maybe he was getting ready to smash the egg before I came and ruined his little smashing ceremony. I couldn't let that happen.

So, just my luck, I head towards him in all my grace, redirecting my path to the tuxedo boy in hopes this is something that will come out good for me, though I wouldn't care anyway because I am nice, and not selfish like that voice inside and I don't want things because I want them or because I just don't have them. And I understand that I have to work for things. Unlike Her.

Talk.
-How She talks to me.-
@[Artorius]
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Artorius
you were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart

At first it seemed as if the violet stained mare hadn't heard my greeting over the crashing waves, her dappled frame continued moving forwards into the white caps before screeching to a halt as her skull shot upwards looking for whoever it had been that interrupted her fun. For a second guilt began to trickle into my frame as I realized how rude it had been of me to call out to the strange mare while she was trying to relax. "Hello!" She calls back, oblivious to the wall of water that is coming straight for her my glossy harks flicked back as emeralds narrowed and I winced, worried I would have to leave the speckled egg behind for a moment to go rescue the grey stranger. But it seemed like she could handle herself as she bounced away from the foamy line where the waves crashed.
Emerald eyes watched the grey mare carefully as she stood there, the water dripping of of her now nearly black body turning the sand beneath her into a warm brown before it seemed like her mind returned to her. Dark stained limbs move forward as she took a few steps closer to me, her soft voice ringing out clearly over the clash of the sand and waves. "I am Cashmere of the Hidden Falls. And you, my new friend?" A gentle smile crosses my face, the grey is stronger than I had originally expected. Not many would have collected their composure as quickly as she had, my sporty skull bobbed in a polite manner before vocal chords began to shake and shiver out words.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Cashmere. I am Artorius of N-the World's Edge." The word Nocturne had nearly slipped out of my ink stained lips, but Nocturne was no longer my home and at this rate it would never be home again. Now I was a part of the crazy world called Helovia where dragons and griffins roamed freely and creatures had spiritual bonds with other creatures. I shifted back ever so slightly as the mare stepped forward to present the speckled egg I had been standing over, it felt foolish to introduce the infant, but I didn't want her to think poorly of me for having taken the child of another. "I found this in a brook at the Rotunda, I believe it's getting close to it's hatching time!" I couldn't stop the excitement from slipping into my voice as I looked down and away from the wet, dappled mare momentarily to look at the egg.
Only to see it move.
For a second I wanted to panic! To press my nose against the smooth, speckled surface in hopes that maybe it would stop moving until it registered that this was it! The egg was hatching!! A broad smile stretched across my features as I looked up at Cashmere through thick, black lashes. The whole process didn't take long, just a few moments before a ball of black feathers broke free into the sandy beaches in which our little party was congregating. Even this early in the creatures life I could feel the tendrils of another's mind creeping into my own, at first it was unnerving and had I not been informed of the bond between companions I wouldn't have been as at ease with the strange feeling as I currently was.
I blinked and then thought about how hungry children were when they were first born so I turned my attention back to the dappled mare. "Uh...do you know what it eats?" Although I had wings of my own, I was very uneducated on the feeding habits of the avian species. Hopefully the kind (so far) grey would know better than myself.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Cashmere]
Words;; 636
Notes;; Sorry for the double tag, I had to fix coding<3

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr

Adoptable
Cashmere
World's Edge, you say?

I smile, ignoring the cold winds off the seas that wrap the now wet part of my body in a cold shiver. I do not notice the way he cuts off before he says the Worlds Edge. I don't find myself to be very exited about this new shiver up my spine, and his words have slipped my mind.

I find my eyes traveling away from him and onto the egg he seemed very set on protecting. I see now that he was protecting it. Not any of the other things I'd managed to think up. He sounded very exited, and I wonder if this companion will be a new friend for him, just like her. Or if it would fly off. Away from him and his chipped heart. He looks down at it himself, a look of pain was set alight in his eyes, and for just that moment I thought he would run away. But, he didn't. Thankfully. I nod. "Tis a bird" I say. "Worms and small creatures of the night are their usual diet." I offer, and I don't know if it is enough for now, but I am always ready to help. I watch it, my heart bursting with a new light as I look at it's small form in the broken shell with a backdrop of white sand. I smile down at it, and then back up at him because...he was a father now! Well, at least from what I saw, he had taken care of this being until birth, and...I saw that as being a father. Maybe not the birth father, but a father all alike.

Talk.
-How She talks to me.-
@[Artorius]
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

ARTORIUS

It seems the slip up on words that had escaped my inky kissers was all but lost on the purple stained mare. A shiver passed over her dappled pelt and for a moment I felt as if it was my fault that the mare was going to catch a cold for standing by the salty sea, soaking wet. Star studded skull dipped low as emeralds peered through thick black lashes, "If it is too cold ma'm we can move elsewhere if you would prefer..." That was if she even wanted to remain in my awkward presence. Something about every character here was so much different than what I was used too in the lands of Nocturne, from having a companion bonded to my soul to the possibility of magic. It was all quite overwhelming and maybe one day it would all seem less overwhelming but for now I wasn't quite sure what to do with all of the new information.
It was about then that the whole scene of the hatching egg played out before us, and soon the party of two increased in numbers as the ball of black feathers rolled out into the bright world it had been born into. Moments later I could feel the infant's mind creeping into mine, tendrils of it's soul reaching out like an attention deprived child begging for attention, the kind of attention that I would gladly give the young avian. A soft smile spread across my ink stained features and just as quickly as it spread it was wiped away by the pangs of hunger being thrown into my mind. Shock riddled my body at how strong the bond between the black feathers and myself was already, there was no need to be alarmed though as it seemed the other part of our party knew what to feed the infant as her gentle voice drew me back to reality carefully.
"Tis a bird, worms and small creatures of the night are their usual diet." Emeralds pulled away from the infant and turned to the dappled mare, hope and excitement finding it's way into the light of my eyes before vocal chords kicked back into action. "Would you be willing to help me find these things?" Surely they would be easy to find, under a felled log or a rock of some sort...but the dapple had called me a friend and I wasn't in any position to just leave friends moments after meeting them. Hopefully she agreed to the impromptu adventure, but if she would rather go home and dry off I would understand entirely.

"words."
@[Cashmere] , sorry this took me so long e.e life can be quite obnoxious [441]
got a lighter? spark the fire
credits :: table

Adoptable
-Do it, it might be your only chance to gain a friend- She hissed through my mind like a lightningbolt, and I jumped a little. She'd been pretty absent for a small while, and I was just getting used to her fizzy quietness.

"Of course I will help you." I say simply, hoping he hand't noticed me jump. "In the night, these bug are attracted to light, so that is one tip." I say, making my way up the shore to where I can be sure to find a few lazy bugs lurking on leaves in the low-lights of the forest. "A moment.." I mutter, a small grin spreading my lips slowly as a few lingering butterflies pass through the air. I stab my sword at one, casting it to the half sand half grass flooring. "Sorry..." I whisper, and I hear The Girl chuckle deep within my mind. She better shut up. I couldn't take her sneers and giggling when I was trying to be helpful.

Forcing a smile behind the frustration, I make my way back over to him with a small worm and dead butterfly in my midst, I'd managed to stick the butterfly onto the tip of my glass sword, and the worm in my mouth, dropping it in the sand by the newly-hatched avian's side. "There you go, baby" I whisper under my breath in a motherly tone. It was nice to just gaze down at the thing sometimes. Calming to see new life in such a manner.

ooc: Assuming you left him in the same place - sorry if this is power playing!
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

ARTORIUS

Invisible brows arched as the grey mare's frame flinched slightly as if something had startled her while we were talking. Blinking gently I turned my attention back to the newly hatched bird, deciding it best not to question the mare's actions especially considering we were technically still strangers. Plus, finding out how to care for the ball of black feathers was much higher on my priority list than making friends. The small creature's soul reached out tenderly, poking and proding at mine which returned the actions until finally they began to intertwine like first time lovers. The strength of the bond I thought I had felt a moment ago was nothing like this tidal wave of emotions and hunger that slammed into my very being.
Glossy harks flicked as if throwing water drops off of them before the mare's voice caught my attention once again. "Of course I will help you. In the night, these bug are attracted to light, so that is one tip." Emeralds pulled to the sky above us, rejoicing for a second that the sun was still in the sky lighting up the world we tread on. Light magic was something that didn't course through my veins at this time, nor would it likely ever, I was a patron of the night so the magic would surely be something a little more malicious than allowing myself to be a source of light. The grey girl muttered something under her breath but before I had a chance to question her the sword that sprouted from her forehead was being brandished. With this movement came the demise of a teal and emerald butterfly that had innocently been fluttering past the trio of us, once again my invisible brow rose as I watched the gray carefully pierce the carcass with her weapon and deposit it promptly towards the infant.
For a half second I thought about taking a step between the two of them in order to protect the ball of downy feathers, but I held back and allowed the grey to feed Barnabas before I spoke up again. "Thank you Cashmere, for silencing his screams of hunger momentarily." A smile cracked across my sporty features while I chuckled at the wonders of how our souls were connected so strongly now. "So tell me, lady of knowledge, what do you offer the Falls?" Maybe she was some kind of teacher, or a healer of sorts. Regardless, she was wiser than I...also probably quite a bit older than I.

"words."
@[Cashmere] , woop woop PS please don't forget to tag me! [421]
got a lighter? spark the fire
credits :: table

Adoptable
I don't know what to say to this, since I have been quite inactive as of late in my herd. -They're gonna kick you out- She mutter inside my head, behind the eyes they never told. I scold myself for what I am feeling right now; a feeling of reluctance to speak up to his question. Am I really a lady of knowledge or do I just know things?
She is making me think like this, negatively, less of myself.
Or maybe she isn't, and I'm just here being my old self, only my actions are changing because I think it's her making them change, when it's really not.

I feel like I don't know what to say right now, a negative feeling plummeting inside my chest as I stare at the winged boy and is downy friend. My eyes go blank momentarily and I just don't know how to explain my rank anymore or who I am. Do I really know?

But to make it seem like I don't have a problem with his question, I only smile and nod. "Yes, I offer the Falls...a stone-crafter. I am a stone-crafter..?" I say, and shake my head. "Let me start again," (perhaps I'm not really all that knowledgable in this situation) "I am a Mason of the falls, a worker of the stones." I explain shortly, though I've only heard those words once before, and they didn't come out of my mouth.
-Great job, weirdo.- She hisses and I just hiss back, but not out loud, my eyes staying as soft as I can keep them, my body loose and still. "What do you offer your herd? Surely something of importance." I say, though I don't really believe it all that much at this point. Maybe he has a job, a rank. Maybe. But I really just can't bring myself to be positive, my thoughts dipping like a crescendo that the sheet-paper didn't call for. I wasn't ready for this mood swing, and I found myself sulking as I await his answer. -Don't let yourself die of depression, my friend.- Your not my friend. I say to her bitterly, though not aloud, these new friends here are my only hope at the moment.

@[Artorius][So I'll have her leave in the the next post of mine, if that's okay? <3 This was a nice thread!]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread