the Rift

[OPEN] Girl's Night

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Warriors and healers frequently worked side by side. It was the job requirement of the warrior to rip themselves open (technically their opponents), and it was the duty of the healers to patch them back up. So Ampere made a point to assign herself to the two healers she was least familiar with, not that she could say she really knew Sikeax either, but all the more reason to meet her fellows. Although there were plenty of herbs to collect, Ampere was recently curious about the healing springs in the caves that had been the turning point in eradicating the wraiths.

Maybe the recent plight of darkness had reminded her. Maybe she had a thing about facing her fears recently. Whatever it was, to the Heart Caves they set out, though Ampere couldn't say she was particularly excited about it. The less she could see of those caves, much less be in them, was still too often.

Keeping her wings at her sides Ampere walked with the two mares through Helovia. "So," she began, attempting small talk. "What all do you know how to heal?" she asked of them both, turning to look at each with a small tilt of her head. The caves were nearing, but she was in no rush to descend those tight depths again. "Heartache?" she half joked, although it was hard to hide the hopefulness in her tone.

With both Gaucho and Bucephalus recently bonded, Ampere could barely stand either of them, and she hadn't realized what a loss that would be to her comfort.

@[Morrigan] @[Alija]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

I was excited to return to the caves for my patrol, given that it was the very place that I had discovered the egg that was now safely tucked away under my mane, wrapped up with my braids and protectively covered. I could feel the cool shell, pearlescent maroon in color with ivory stripes, nestled against the lithe muscles of my neck, keeping the egg nice and warm. Despite the joy of returning to the lands that I had made the egg discovery, once I found out who I was patrolling with...Well, I was less than enthused. Preparing for the walk I had nibbled away at some of the Bleeding Heart root, trying to ease the qualm and calm the anxiety. I was still nibbling on one of the flowers as I walked between Alija and Ampere in an awkward silence, my scarlet eyes focused on the ground while I fought with all my might to keep my ears at least somewhat relaxed. After all, they didn't know that I knew what they did and who they did it with! While Alija did tell me about her pregnancy that I had doubted was planned, at the time I had no idea that the father would have been Bucephalus.

'Why...Why the hell did I even ask him about that?' The hairs along my shoulders and back raised as a disturbed shudder ran down my spine. Well, I didn't ask for their names. I just wanted to know how many...But here I was, between the two slutcakes that had fucked Bucephalus for what I could only assume was the hell of it. At least that was the impression I had gathered from the Morningstar. And despite my new found distaste for the pair, I couldn't place any blame on them, nor could I accuse them for sleeping with a free man. Neither of them could have even an inkling over the frail trust that was budding between the stallion and I, the passionate dances, the blood that would rush to my cheeks, the spine-tingling heat of the moment conversations that had sparked between us. Why should they? I was just the quiet little healer that stuck to herself half the time, and when I was with the womanizer, it was rarely ever in public.

Ampere's voice snapped me from my thoughts, a single ear flicking towards her without looking up. Oh brilliant, now the bitch, slutcake, whore, warrior wanted to to create small talk while I was over here trying to keep from hyperventilating with the knowledge that both of them had been underneath the Chancellor. When the warrior asked if we could heal heartache, my gaze left the earth to meet with her sapphire orbs. There was an untold sadness reflected in my own rubies, and I sighed before shaking my head and offering only a pitiful half-smile in return. "If only I knew how to do that..." It was all I could say to her before I dropped my gaze again, trying to avoid leading her onto too many hints of my history that she certainly didn't need to know. I already knew too much about her, there was no reason to return the favor.

[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

It was difficult to contain the frown that crossed onto Ampere's lips at Morrigan's answer. She had suspected as much, but even so she;d held a sliver of hope that the healers had some mystical ability she was unawares of. "I guess that's what cactus juice is for," she commented, referring to the sour, fermented drink of their land acquired by de-spining a cactus leaf and letting it roast int he sun for a while. It was a popular beverage among the warriors, as its bite helped relieve those brought on by battle, even if only for a while.

Rather self-absorbed at the moment Ampere only partially noticed the slow, sad way that Morrigan responded, her tone echoed in her eyes. Ampere gave her a look, 'brow raised in question. "By the sounds of it you've tried it on yourself?" Was this mare a comrade in pity? Did she understand the ache that currently plagued Ampere? She wouldn't pry though, so she left it at that, as anxious as she was to know others shared in this misery.

After a moment of silence Ampere pressed with, "So what do you know how to cure?" She was desperate for the conversation which the other mare was equally energetic about halting. Ampere just couldn't tolerate the quiet, it allowed her too much room to think, a dangerous activity for the sake of her heart. "I think it would be good to learn some things myself... basic survival." She turned her head to look at the spider-webbed mare, offering her a frail smile. Would she be able to teach Ampere some of the basics?

She had never found the healing arts particularly riveting, not the way she did with battles, but she couldn't deny its usefulness, and given the task she'd applied to her warriors she thought it seemed fitting. In return perhaps she could help show Morrigan a thing or two about fighting.

@[Morrigan] @[Alija]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95

Her frame was much smaller this time around. last time she had been here Aakesh had still be wrapped within her womb, making the journey hard. This time it was much easy to maneuver and enjoy the pretty scenery. A small smile was draped over her pink badger marked face. It was nice, albeit odd, to be with two other girls. What made it really funny was the ranks they each held. Ampere was a warrior, while Morrigan and herself were both healers. It didn't really matter, or it shouldn't have anyway. Alija hated fighting with a passion; deep within her mind she knew it was a necessity. Steely eyes looked over the warrior mare's hide and connections were slowly made. 'Hertz...' Fighting to hide the shock now creeping it's way over her face Alija was very glad when Ampere's voice broke through her thoughts.

The warm eager smile slowly shifted one dipped with pain. Alija knew was it was like to think you loved someone, just to learn it was only infatuation. She listened to Morrigan and really looked at the lady. She seemed on edge. 'Maybe she is nervous about going down into the caves.' What else could it be anyway? Mentally shrugging she turned back to the lightning marked mare. Her deeper voice was soft and thoughtful, "Ah, heartache. If only there was a plant that could take root deep enough." She gazed almost sadly between her company. "Now if you were talking about a belly ache, that I could fix up in a heartbeat." She tried to lighten the mood with her lame joke.

Chuckling softly she shook her head lightly, "I've been hanging out with my boys too long I can't even make a good joke!" Laughter bubbled forth unbridled, it was so much easier to be happy when she thought of the two winged boys she loved so dearly. "To answer your question, I've found cures to a wide variety of things. Burns, cuts, aches," She paused thinking of the irony in her words, "Nerves, and several other things. Our lord has also granted me the power of healing through flames." Her smile became sheepish. She wasn't really one to brag, but she Ampere had asked.

Her eyes brightened excitedly as the black and electric blue warrior said she wanted to learn a few things. "I think everyone should know at least a little about healing, especially our fighters! I mean if one of your comrades was bleeding heavily and we couldn't get there right that second, it would be up to someone else there to help them. Maybe we," Steel eyes glanced at Morrigan as she spoke, "could teach you then you could pick out the most important things, and we could hold a meeting with the warriors?" Ever helpful she smiled excitedly hoping she would agree to this amazing opportunity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 478 @[Ampere] @[Morrigan]
OOC: Sorry it took so long life ate me!

[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.