the Rift

[OPEN] Wat r this

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Shida
Delicate as FUCK
Once upon a time I found an egg. It was covered in earth poop (aka mud) and some spiders. One of the other Fall's kids found one too. I don't really know why I took it. Well, I mean I do - the furry rat thing gave an egg like this to that pink Unicorn that one time, and I'm pretty sure there's a poop-kid inside (aka something living). I don't actually know what I'll do if this thing has a poop kid but ... I mean, if it's something that Auri doesn't have, then I want it (but Shida, if Auri didn't have aids or cancer would you want those things? NO. STFU. LOGIC IS NOT MY STRONG SUIT.)

Anyways.

There's this egg.

It hasn't been doing anything for a while. I sort of what to blow it up just to see what would happen, but something in the back of my mind tells me that I shouldn't. The normal logic would go, Well Shida, would you want someone to just come and blow *you* up? But the answer to that would be YES. BECAUSE EXPLOSIONS. Still, something tells me I shouldn't. So I brought it here.

"HAY YOU LIKE SOCCER" I shout playfully, galloping towards the egg, and pretending to kick it into the atmosphere. I make sounds with my throat as if there's an entire crowd cheering me in. Spinning, I gallop back towards the egg, still seriously considering kick it for reals, until it cracks. I stop dead in my tracks, causing mud and dirt to go flying forwards as I force myself to stop. Lowering my skull I tap one of the cracks with my longest horn.

"Knock knock." I whisper at it, tilting my head skeptically. "Who's there?" I mimic back in a high pitched voice, obviously impersonating whatever the fuck was inside the egg. "EXPLOSIONS MOTHERFUCKER." I answer, bouncing into the air and snorting. I lower my nose again, and stick my tongue out to lick the egg. Don't ask why, it just felt right, okay?

I open my jaws, prepared to bite the egg (don't ask), when it cracks some more. I can hear scratching sounds coming from the inside, and I immediately retract my jaws and wait. Pieces of the egg break off, falling onto the grasses to reveal a shape inside.

"Dafuq is-" I begin to whisper, as the thing bursts from the egg and my brain finally places the shape. "A PUPPPPPPPPPPY!" I squeal with girlish excitement, prancing in place as the small hellhound continues to pilot the struggle bus, failing to get itself out of the egg.

Image Credits

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
It’s almost weird for him to say so, so he doesn’t voice his thoughts, but without the murderer running loose some of the joy has gone out of the half-child’s life. It was a mystery to be solved, a story with an open ending that he had hoped to bring to a conclusion. Unfortunately, he hadn’t even been there to witness the reveal and capture of the horse responsible. He did not wish to be there to heckle or blame- death was not upsetting to the half-child- but he would have liked to know. He just wanted to understand how close he had been to solving the earth god’s quest on his own.

As for why he is in the meadow right now… he was considering a visit to the island (he doesn’t know it is gone) to see his beloved mother; a trip to see how she is doing and continue to try and apologize for his mistakes again. Can he ever make for what he is done? Perhaps not.

EXPLOSIONS, MOTHERFUCKER. The half-child’s ears flicker at the shout and Tobias raises his head in alarm, bleating softly. Her, the cervid offers, as his sunny gaze finds the bouncing filly in the distance. The surgeon turns as well, lids narrowing as he watches her bounce about and then lick her egg. Curious, he responds, and turns towards her. There is some mystery here to be solved, he is sure. Tobias follows, his antlers jingling with the variety of objects that hang from their times.

Perhaps they should have just kept walking.

Just as the half-child and his cervid come too close to the filly for it to be a coincidence, the girl begins to squeal. Wincing from the piercing sound, the half-child lays his ears back. Steady, he calls to Tobias, who has balked backwards from the noise and prances uneasily on cloven hooves. For a moment, neither of them know what to make of the girl and the poor creature in her egg. Still, the promise of discovery lingers in the air, and the half-child decides not to leave… yet.

“Explosions?” he queries, ears remaining half-back only because he fears that her piercing screech will start up again. Absently his gaze travels back to the hellhound flailing in its egg. She should help it, he thinks to Tobias, but does not voice this thought. It is not his concern what she does with her property, and there is no mystery of whether or not the hellhound needs assistance or not. It is beyond his interest.
Adelric
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Shida
Delicate as FUCK
I'm starting to think the world in inhabited by all and only kids. Other than Ma and Da of course. Kids of various sizes are all I seem to encounter, other than big bitch December and that horn faced jackass guy. From this small sample size I feel fairly confident in concluding that yep, the world is mostly kids.

He asks about explosions (actually, he was probably just repeating what I said, or making an observation but ... we're going to go ahead and assume he was asking, that way I can give him a demonstration), and my focus is torn. I want to see what the puppy is going to do, but I also want to blow some shit up.

The struggle man. It's real.

The desire to explode something inevitably wins, and I tear my bright blue gaze away from the struggling puppy to regard the kid. Fucker looks weird. And not weird like that one kid with those stripey markings and weird hair/noodle things. This one has some ugly ass markings - he sort of looks the way horn-face does, but just on his butt. Although I don't know the word for it, I decide I don't like roaning of any variety. Solid colours ftw. But that isn't the only thing - those swirly things on his neck look ... awkward. His outfit is definitely not on point.

Still. He asked about my explosions, so he can't be that bad.

"CHYEAH. EXPLOSIONS." I confirm. I look just off to the right of he and the deformed mini-horse thing and grin. "kaaaaaaa-BOOOOOOM." I shout, causing the earth to errupt as soon as I reach the 'B' of 'boom'. Grasses and flowers rain down upon us. I've gotten used to the feeling of petals and dirt falling on me, so I don't even flinch as clumps of mud break against my muzzle and fall to my hooves. I am a little breathless as my gaze flickers back to him, expecting to see a grin that mirrors my own.

"Cool right?!" I asked rhetorically. Obviously it's cool.

Image Credits

Hidden Account
She’s bold- vivacious even- and the half-child hardly knows what to make of her. In many ways, he wants to like her, if only because she is brave where he is timid, and she is spontaneous where he is calculating. If she is fire, than he is water; if she is the sun, then he is the moon; he takes interest in such opposites. He has learned that when fire and water meet, they make steam. When day and night meet, they make dusk and dawn. Opposites make tepid intermediates, curious concoctions that are neither wholly one nor the other, and have properties entirely their own.

But then, as she explodes the ground just off to his right, he wonders if she doesn’t need much more water than he can provide to tame her wild heart.

Skittering to the side as the ground rains down upon him (for he is a meek scientist, not a brave warrior), he eyes the hole in the ground suspiciously. Tobias, too, dances away balking and lowing. For a moment, the half-child looks at her mouth and wonders if he should sew it shut with his new-found toy. Would silencing her shouting stop the explosions? His lips purse in concentration, and he is silent just a little while too long while he watches her and tries to make something of this chaotic filly. Surely science must have some answer for her erraticism, right?

But then, his morbid mind wanders to another thought, and he smirks as he looks to his cervid. The two share a conversation for a moment, mostly imagines with some words thrown in, before the half-child looks back to his new companion. His pursed lips have finally turned up into a small grin as he gives voice to his macabe thoughts. “Can you explode the inside of something? Or… someone?” Worried she might consider him a worthy subject for such an experiment, he lowers his horn in a sort of threat, pointing it in her general direction. If she screams before she explodes him (should she attempt to), he might just have a chance to react..
Adelric
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Shida
Delicate as FUCK
He doesn't smile, and I feel my enthusiasm start to wane. I mean, I'm totally used to it by now, just about everyone is too lame to understand how cool my explosions are. But ... it would be cool if someone took interest? You know? I mean, Da does. He says they're bitchin', and that I can do them whenever I want (which is the BEST), but ... I dunno. Like, Auri has all these friends and shit who think her stupid vaping is cool (it isn't) and I have ... you know what? Fuck it. I have Princess. I don't need shit.

Only now he's talking again. My ear catches his question, and I dismiss it quickly. "I dunno??? I haven't ever tried." My thoughts begin to cycle to a different topic, and my voice betrays my lack of interest until...

WAIT. HOLD THE PHONE. Did he just ... DID HE JUST TAKE INTEREST?

My blue stare flickers back to the odd looking boy-kid, and I re-evaluate his question. It's true, I haven't ever tried, but not for any particular reason. My lip puckers as I contemplate this new challenge. His weird reindeer would work, right? I turn to look at it, before deciding nawwww. I wouldn't want Princess exploded.

Hay! Look at that! I'm being nice!

There's a tree not to far away from us that I advance towards, eyes narrowed. Okay Shi. You GOT this, I think to myself, psyching myself up for this challenge. You explode that tree right in its tree DICK.

I got this.

I focus, feeling the red feeling racing through my veins. OKayokayoakyokayokaoykokayokay. I tree to see the tree so that I can target it.

"Be the tree. I am one with the tree." I mumble, before shaking my head. Fuck that. I am not the tree, because the tree is about to get

EXPLODED.

The tree snaps apart at the center, where I had focused my explosion. It's impossible to tell if I actually exploded the center which caused the entire thing to fall apart (It wasn't a very big tree after all), or if I had just fucked it up. Slack jawed I shoot a rather embarrassed look at Adelric. "Uhhh..." I more or less force out as my ears slacken slightly. "Fuck." I conclude, rather disappointed with our little experiment. "Was the explosion too big? Or the tree too small?"

Who am I kidding. Explosions can never be too big.

Image Credits

Hidden Account
She hasn’t tried? She has the ability to reign destruction upon… well, the earth at least, and she hasn’t studied her ability? The half-child sighs to himself, horn still held defensively in a way that Erebos had taught him. Does nobody in Helovia appreciate discovery? Do none of the horses care for classification, or science, or understanding? You’re starting to wonder, more and more, what type of world it is you live in. Only Erebos seems to get it. Maybe that’s why you like him so much.

As she looks back towards him, the half-child bobs his horn up and down a few times, trying to convince her to take her studies elsewhere. In his head, he also considers telling her that this conversation is going to end rather abruptly if she explodes him, but he is too timid to voice such a statement aloud. Finally, though, she loses interest and the half-child raises his head from the defensive posture, watching her curiously as she instead begins to advance upon a tree.

The boy and the cervid jump for a third time as the sound of another explosion rockets through the air. They had been waiting for her to shout and scream, to holler before whatever she was doing just got ripped to shreds, but she hadn’t said a word. Curious… does that mean, then, that she screams for the pure joy of it? So immersed in the question he has pondered, the half-child doesn’t even notice as the moon amulet dangling on Tobias’ antlers glows for a moment.

Despite his nerves, he takes a cautious step towards her and the tree she has unceremoniously grounded.

“Interesting,” he reports at last, ignoring her question as he glances to the hellhound to see if it has managed to free itself from its egg entrapment. Slowly, his gaze returns to the ruined flora as Tobias inches up behind him. Finally, after inspecting the destroyed tree trunk, he adds, “I think it was an appropriate sized explosion to ruin the tree.” He doesn’t really know what to say after that- it’s not so often that he goes on explorations like this without Erebos to help guide him.
Adelric
Brush Credit

Shida
Delicate as FUCK
I wait on baited breath to see how he will respond. Did I fuck it up? Or did I win over his interest?

Neither?

I think it's neither. I don't really understand his response. The way he said ruin the tree makes me think that I fucked it up. I chew on my lip almost nervously as I repeat his words over and over. nahhhh, you know what? I fuckin' rocked it. And he's still standing here right? So whatevs.

As his eyes glance down to the egg, I realize that I've somehow completely forgotten about the puppppppppppy. Infatuation and adoration floods my veins as I prance over to where the dog is still struggling. I watch as a paw shoves its way through - a hind leg - and begins to kick furiously. As it kicks more of the egg begins to break away. "You got it little one!" I whisper encouragingly. "You show that egg whose boss." And, amazingly, the puppy does.

Grunts, squeals, and a few barks are emitted from the egg before it finally cracks apart entirely. Sitting, panting and obviously exhausted, is a black hellhound pup. The creature has enormous paws and jowls. His eyes are black with flecks of gold, and between his ears there appears to be a splotch of reddish gold, in a vague fiery -leafy like pattern. I squeal against, prancing in place excitedly as I lower my muzzle to the small creature. As I do, I feel our minds begin to meld. As his thoughts are introduced into my brain, I sway on my legs. Splaying my stance to aid with balance, my eyes widen as I can feel him.

"What's that? You want to be called Princess?" I asked rhetorically, my voice taking on the same mocking tone as it had before. The puppy growls, and in my mind thoughts of PRINCESS?! and BITE and NO and ROAR echo, but I ignore them. "What do you even know?" I reply condescendingly, shaking my muzzle. "You love the name Princess! It was your very first thought!"

My logic is flawless, and Princess is too tired to argue.

As Princess looks around more of his thoughts flood my mind. "Whoaaaa..." I murmur, looking up at Adelric. "That's trippy as balls. Can you hear that thing? Like ... in yo mind?!?!?!"

Image Credits