the Rift

Lyricism [Common SS Drop]

Cerin Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 4.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 Hands :: Three (Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Klare

All the stories continue pouring in like before. Each as creative and weird as the last. What was the point of all this? It was certainly not something that could put someone above the other. How could words raise creatures? They didn't. Take it from Cerin, sometimes in a life of silence, much more of life is learned.

Suddenly however, things take a turn. This isn't about stories anymore as the bird reaches out. Cerin's breath catches in his throat, what was she going to do with it? Quickly he reaches his nose out to press it against the bird girl. He tries to make her see him as the pit she was so deviously looking at. If he could get her to think he was the pit, then he could gently grab it and make sure no harm came to it. Others leaped for it, running and wing flapping. He had neither of those. He had no fancy wings, or teleportation magic. Instead, he was left with the power of illusion to make her think she was doing something else instead of flinging it.

He knew that he was caught off guard, so the chances of him keeping her from flinging it away were slim. This was going to be a test of just how quickly he could create his little fantasy worlds. Swallowing roughly he could only hope nothing bad happened. At least there were two others that could provide backup should the egg be released from her clutches.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; --
Words;;
Notes;; Wishlist :: Dragon with Frostbreath
Cerin, as soon as he notices her turn toward the pit rushes forward to try and make her believe that he is the pit. Knowing that this would occur soon, he hopes that she sees this illusion before the egg is released from her clutches. Such a precious life did not need to be snuffed so quickly.

Image by semperfiesty @ DA

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

She is beginning to possibly enjoy the games, but the selection of words leave her annoyed. Their foreign sounds fall into distorted messes when she speaks them, quickly making a fool of herself in the process. If it wasn't for the egg, then she would of already taken off. The bird woman brought a challenge in the past that she found no need for revenge for, but Sameira was kind enough to help her see that having a companion was a gift. Spending time with the hellhound gave her a sense of safety that she hadn't experienced in the past, and she was more likely to do things that she wouldn't have done in the past.
This wasn't her first time with eggs. It might be her last time, but she couldn't make the prom-
Why...
Legs bolt from beneath her form, watching the egg tumble from the clutches of the winged woman and learn the horrors of flight as it soars through the air towards impending doom and death. Hooves scamper across the stone floor and she throws herself with them in terrror of watching something who wasn't experienced the beauty of the nightmare of life die, and the fact that there were others willing to die just for a small creature. Even if she wasn't the one to rescue the life of the unborn, she would be the one who stood behind to feel those of the wounded, to purge herself of the selfishness that surges throughout her veins and courses about her body when it comes to such things.
The least she could do was catch it, and if she was to throw herself into the flames to save a life, it'd be a death worth the price if it was to kill her, and could easily heal herself if she was to burn herself in the flames.

OOC: Attempts to catch the egg before it lands in the pit, chasing after it as it flies.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

Well, that would be one way to take care of an egg. They were all standing around, answering the ridiculous questions, when the theme shifted suddenly. The harpy creature changed her tactics in a swift moment, going from cradling the egg in her talon to tossing it over the pit of fire. And everyone fell for it.

Syrena didn’t have wings, she didn’t have special teleportation powers. She couldn’t actually physically move fast enough to out-take the throw that had a couple seconds (and growing) advantage. So what, she got to it in time for it to start the decline into the flames? She wasn’t about to literally throw herself into a pit of fire to save an egg because what was the point? She’d soften the blow of the thing but then they would both burn. Why would she kill herself without an end?

She watched as the others launched into action but she stayed where she was, cocking a hind foot and tilting her head. Now, she was pretty selfish - there was no one else in this world she’d rather protect than herself. Her sisters might come in a close second but when it came to sacrificing herself, Syrena just did not see the point. It was just a different level of selfishness. They were making themselves feel better, believing that they could change fate by leaping and teleporting and flying after the little egg. The horned girl would burn and what was she hoping to catch the egg with? Did she have the magic to spontaneously grow monkey arms out of her chest? They needed something to grip the thing and the equine form just wasn’t made for that.

Really, the winged one had the best chance. The rest of them had none.

Was she the only one that saw it?

Syrena thinks it's illogical to throw
herself into a pit of fire which would only result in killing herself and
the egg.

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

those lonely eyes
don't have to be alone tonight

There was a moment when time slowed and giggled like an errant child. My eyes widened as I watched what I presumed was the egg as it sailed toward the burning pit just beyond. My muscles grew rigid and I was instantly torn. Everyone had their own way of dealing with this new challenge, but for some reason this test didn’t seem to fit. Why put each of us through a series of trials only to ultimately pitch the babe into the fire? My mind had only a moment or less to process exactly what was happening and yet I there was something deep within that made me question the creature’s actions altogether.

There wasn’t enough time for me to turn around and see just how everyone had thought to respond to the witch tossing the egg, but I felt that I didn’t need to. I’d watched the creature clutch the infant to her breast just moment before and I’d studied the way she cared for her precious cargo. Yes, the witch was a questionable individual, but did this fit her memo? To me, there was more to the story. It didn’t matter what magic the others used or how they attempted to break the egg’s fall, because all of this was a hoax.

Instead of racing toward the pit and the “egg” that was meant to throw everyone off balance, I turned back toward the witch perched above. Her movement had been planned and almost undetectable, but she had turned. She had twisted to plant the babe somewhere safe while switching it for a fake. I rumbled at the creature and though she was out of my reach, I attempted to circled beneath her in search of where she’d tucked the real egg.

Where is it?” I asked worriedly. If I was wrong then I faced looking like a fool, but if I were right then I would find a way to wrestle the babe from those devious feathers and attempt to determine a rightful owner myself. This was a series of tests… backward tests at that. The witch wanted to see how many of us would fling ourselves into the fire? Fine.

I wasn’t going to fall for her games.

Ooc: Thor is seeking a Common Zephyr w/Roc ability | Link

Prior Refusals: Like Ros, Thor was eliminated from this thread: Link

Summary: Thor doesn’t believe that the creature threw the egg anywhere and instead believes that she used a fake egg to pitch into the fire. He attempts to look for the egg from below her.
Thor
&
Evangeline
credits :: table

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
  I run miracle circles around you like spherical lyrics
</style>

The old hag was rather pleased with herself for her actions. After all, it was easy to see that anyone who would willingly throw themselves into a pit of fire wouldn't be a good choice to care for the egg. What if they were to throw themselves next into a pit of spikes, or a frozen lake? Who would take care of the babe then? Where there really such dumb horses in the world?

Sighing dramatically, the bird woman conjured a massive gust of wind that blew Cerin and Sikeax towards Roskuld, making sure that the demi-goddess would zap the idiotic equines out of harms way. Aeolus she let manage himself- his wings would carry him out, if they became a little singed from the trip. It was the two who remained on land- Syrena and Thor- that thus interested her most. And although Syrena's word work had been very clever, the old hag could not shake from her mind the way that Thor was circling beneath her, searching for the egg, thinking first and acting second (unlike the rest). Her decision was easy to make.

"Careful where you step, horse." She said with a caw and a laugh, nodding her beaked face to his front hooves where the egg now sat. How she had gotten it from within the air to between his hooves was a mystery indeed, but perhaps an inherent magic of the bird woman. After all, she had moved her perch tree from the Deep Forest to the Heart. "Take good care of it. Or else!" Her warning was harsh, as though she might be back to do him harm if he didn't. However, by the time had looked up from his hooves and the egg, he would find the bird woman quite gone from the area, only her tree and the other contestants left in the area.

Congratulations to THOR, who has won a Common Zephyr with the ability Roc.

Syrena was awarded an extra entry for her answer to round 1.
Roskuld was awarded an extra entry for her answer to round 2.

Roll Screenshot

Image Credits