the Rift

Lyricism [Common SS Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
  I run miracle circles around you like spherical lyrics
</style>

The half-bird, half-woman hag returns to Helovia, a new egg wrapped in the clutches of her feathered arms. She sits in a familiar tree- one so old and gnarled one might wonder how it still stands. Now, how the old tree got from the Deep Forest to the very edge of the pit at Helovia’s Heart is another matter entirely; a secret for only the old hag to know, perhaps. Regardless, she sits upon it, toes curled around a branch, bent knees and hunched back making angular shapes upon her body. She is surely an ugly creature, and mischievous in many ways, but she loves every egg that she has ever found and she only wants the best for each and every one.

Cawing out, her ancient and scratching voice stretches across the expanses of Helovia. Horses would come- they always came.

“Horses,” she commands when she is satisfied with who has approached. “Tell me a story.” There she stops to cackle and caw, bouncing a few times upon her tree branch as she looks down. When just enough time has passed, when the horses have perhaps accepted the fact that they have an easy task set out before them, she winks and adds some rules. “Tell it in alphabetical order, from a to z, one word per letter. Don’t let me down.” Cackling a few more times, she rustles her feathers and settles in to await what wondrous stories would surely grace her ears.

You must tell a 26 word story (or at least a sentence(s) that makes a moderate amount of sense), each word starting with one letter of the alphabet, in order. For example:
A bear climbs down eagerly from gargantuan hemlocks in, etc., etc

No more than 600 words per post.

This is a drop for a species specific COMMON companion!
Please respond within 72 hours to be considered.
This is a multi-part drop.
All prior refusals must be included in your first post but only for SS mythical companions.
The companion must have been on your wishlist for 30 days, or you must have a new character with a new wishlist to participate.

Image Credits

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
A knight is sworn to valour
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His might upholds the weak
His word speaks only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked.

Something drew me towards Da's home, it was kind of like the screech when I stepped on a rat's tail on accident(Not that it was my fault, I didn't see it!), but bigger and louder. So anyway I follow this sound and what do I see? Some fugly bird-bald-monkey thing that's all old and wrinkly...and holding an egg? Weird. Actually, REALLY weird, and kinda scary.

I'm riding the Nope Nope Train outta here!

I turn to leave, but then she demands us to tell her a story(Second glance confirmed that yeah, I wasn't alone), but with a twist! I perk up, blinking, before grinning. A story? Hell yeah!

"Ooh ooh! Uhm..." Okay...think! Gah! Tempe was better at this thinking stuff, I'm sure she would've had like, a bazillion ideas by now.... At least I knew a bunch of words n stuff from listening to her ask all those silly questions(that don't seem so silly now) "Ants believe cats don't effectively fertilize grass, hair...it just keeps lice! Mice never offer peonies quickly, rats seem too underhanded. Voles while xanthodont, yeild zilch." I beam, feeling quite clever about my story, especially considering the difficulty of it all.

Ha! Take that Sis!

I look up at the ugly thing, curious to see if she liked my story before I look around at the others, curious to hear their little funny tales as well. Maybe...OH! Maybe I could learn more words and amaze Sis with my knowledge! YES! She wouldn't be the only smart one anymore!

OOC: Breccan is hoping for his Rougarou companion with Shadow <3

No prior refusals // Using one of my VOTG rolls~

Word Count: 256
Tags: 000

Image Credit

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

The caves had been the place that exhaled soft, loose air that ruffled the tangles within her dark locks and twirled them about her honey-coloured body. A sense of emptiness filled her whenever she brought herself underground. There was no greater feeling than knowing that somewhere she could lack purpose and become nothing less than a ghost. The labyrinth of rooms and corridors gave space to simply fade directly from existance.
Oh, what a beautiful feeling that was to know.
Her silence was kept in check when she reaches the tree, new to the system but welcome; the darkness needed a candle to flicker within a corner to ensure that there was a guiding light for those that needed redemption and rebirth.
Within the branches, it holds a face she is familiar with, whom might she hold a slight feeling of annoyance for that comes to fade at the sight of the child and a new egg. The youngster has beat her into the story telling, and while is no stranger to the task, this is a very different story that she must recite.
"A bad chance debt even finds greatness helpful, in justifying lazy koalas making neat pendants quietly, ranting softly to underground vases, weathered xiphoid yet zirconic." Her tongue ravels and twists, her mind asking exactly 'what the fuck' she had just said. A giggle clears the palette, and she, attempting to seem friendly within the soon-to-be mess of say 'competitors,' offers a weak appearance of kindness laced with nervous thoughts to the colt.

OOC: Rougarou with Water ability.
Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3
Refusal 4 I heard of a 'you have to be in the last round' for your refusal to count rule, but if it isn't in effect, then the fourth one doesn't count.
Also using my extra VOTG roll on this too that was acquired here.

Lastly, to add some understanding to some words in there, xiphoid means sword-like and zircon is a mineral, so zirconic would mean zircon-like.

Word Count: 256

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

Syrena has still not been back to the Falls, was still seeking that forest where Essetia had found her so that she might leave this dreadful, magic-robbing place. Her skin had not stopped crawling since she had discovered what she was missing. She felt wrong, felt as though she were cut in half. Felt ordinary.

Well no, that was silly - she was never ordinary. Even without what she once held she was still a magnificent creature among the wretches she had seen here thus far.

Mostly out of boredom, she followed the odd call to find a disgusting looking thing sitting atop a tree, clutching an egg.

A story. The ugly creature demanded it of them and Syrena half-listened to another’s before adding her own. Was this a common occurrence in Helovia, being demanded a phrase or two by strange creatures that guarded eggs? She did not even know what lay within that little thing, or whether it belonged to the… thing. But certainly if it were a competition, she could beat out the other things that were gathering. It wasn’t the same as drowning the lot of them but until she figured out a way to get those powers back winning was at least an alternative.

Whatever the prize, Syrena felt sure in her ability to prevail. It would not replace what she had lost, but it would prove a strong reminder that she was - in no doubt - better. Carefully, she gathered her thoughts in order to make a coherent story within the rules stated. “Always before cracking, dragon eggs first glisten happily in jittery, kaleidoscopic light. Mothers nested originally past quiet rivers, staying there until vexed with xenophobic young zephyrs.”

seeking Rougarou companion with water ability. wishlist

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The cackling has to be coming from somewhere around here... The brindle colt mused to himself as he scanned every nook and cranny he could find. The noises that he had heard were strange but not birdlike enough to convince him that they were from one of those black crows that liked to pester everyone. Determined the yearling bounded forward boldly not thinking about any dangers that investigating a strange crow would bring. Little did he know of the dark times that Helovia had faced before he had entered this world. Mother had always told him stories about things but in his mind they were just that, stories. Without having seen the things for himself he was naive to the fact that there were scary creatures out there that would hurt you.

Other voices soon made their way to his ears drawing him closer as his curiosity spiked but when he rounded the corner he was anything but prepared for what he would see. At first glance the colt caught the wings and consciously passed it off as another pegasus looking instead to the two strangers standing around. Neither of them he recognized but they were talking to the pegasus so he felt that maybe he should try and pay attention to him as well. Turning to face the tree some piece of the puzzle clicked into his mind that he had not registered before. Why was a pegasus in a tree? Pulling his eyes upwards there staring down at him was some hideous creature that certainly was no damn pegasus! Large ugly wings sprouted from its back and feathers seemed to cover only half its body leaving the other half naked. Not sure whether or not to be more disturbed or fearful the colt stood his ground just listening while he tried to make up his mind if he wanted to stick around and try and get that egg the creature held. Others had found them before and they usually got really neat things from them.

The possibility of the egg was to tempting to pass over so the colt moved on to the next part of the task, coming up with a story. He was good at coming up with stories! The only tricky part was trying to make it all only so many words and in order of the alphabet. Thinking long and hard he finally pieced together something that sounded alright. "Another Beastly Creature Decides Everyone's Fate. Grueling Hours, Imperfection, Jeopardizing Kind Lonely Mundanes. Nurture Or Passion Quickly Reflect Sincere Thoughts. Until Vultures Walk Xenomorphic Yappy Zebras" Finishing his confidence waned slightly as the worlds repeated over in his head once more. Did that make sense? It sounded good at the time.

Wishlist: Link

Aeolus would like Zephyr (phoenix); [Ignite]

Denials:
One

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
The dry heat was blistering, burning down on them, curling in on her cinereal skin and sinking deep into each twist of sinew. It chokes in her fragile lungs, ash and smoke and the taste of flame, at ends with her oceanic nature; and yet she pierces deeper into roasting red and scarlet, aureate and flickering blue tinging russet flame. He wants her to; his song hums through her blood, a siren cry for her to follow, and she, soft and tender and unfortunately susceptible to Lilómiel's never-ending charm, does not question his desires.

Theirs is a companionship in all sense of the name, and it ties both ways. When he tugs, she follows, and when she pulls, he comes. It is a tender and gluttonous bond that both devours their own individualism and, somehow, despite this, she innately cherishes every moment of it. As they grow together, age and weather the seasons, her awareness of her mother's favoritism and her blessed luck brands her brain, scorches deep into the tissues of her soul. Agony and pleasure, two sides of the same coin; and that is surely her curse. For despite her pernicious, blossoming, tentative relationship, the cautious exploring of one another's insidious mind palaces, to feel her black's alien fingers pluck through her stands of thought—her beloved Volterra may not, cannot experience it. It chafes at her, pricks at her corded heart, plays a tune of sorrow and mourning for what her twin must suffer without.

Nymeria pitied him with every raw fiber of her being but knew it would only be met with a snarl.

Ruby eyes trace the flitting contours of her companion wheeling above her, stark wings against a filthy gray sky, edged and ribbed with scarlet that dribbles over black. He basks in the heat, delights in the tumultuous thermals; taut wings stretch and flex, luxuriating in an easy flight. A zealous smile breaks serene lips, peeling back bruised black to expose small, neat ivories.

Nym's figurative hands reach to the stout shadow, runs along the piano keys of his thoughts and rubs along his spirit, cooing to him, and he spins and wheels and cavorts, utterly unpredictable. Eyes roll, lashes pirouetting together in a quicksilver waltz at his conceited preenings, his displays of gregarious arrogance—but she is unable to keep her annoyance. It drifts, rolls away, melts at his seductive croonings and what he shows her from above: charred and carved soil, bleeding, caves and pitfalls and all manner of peculiar nature she could never see from down here. And from the corner of his twinning eyes she catches sight of the entryway to a place forgotten, a cesspool of shadow, and her earthbound shell begins to wind its way towards the unknown.

Cusped nostrils find the rich scent of equine flesh, notes and flavors beseeching her to follow. Nightmare wings gentle beneath the breeze and down her companion comes, circling (his silhouette knife-like) shortly above her. His curiosity barrels and bumbles through their bond, trampling down her gentle prying with hard desire. What is it? What summons so many to a single purpose?

An answer she should soon discover.
Half-feathered hags make for a fearsome sight, but she spies the orb clutched within a glittering talon and she brightens. At last! Here is what she had hoped for (and for so long!) Something to give to her brotheror perhaps keep for herself.

"As broken, crawling desolation emerges from gregarious homes, I, justifiably, keenly, leap machinations nightmarish onto paved, quixotic roads. Salvation, tabooed, usurps vestigial wonder; Xanthippes yell—‘zoom!’."

Nymeria the Blood Rose
From the dawn of time to the end of days
I will have to run away
I want to feel the pain and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips again

nick ta @ flickr

OOC: Word count of 599 according to Microsoft Office Word. Sorry if it's a bit messy, had to cut some out. Edited to add in Wishlist link.

:: [Companion | Dragon, preferably red, white, or silver ]

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I remember the thing that one time at the shitty beach; there was an egg there, too, except it had been asking for a bunch of other stuff that I couldn’t deliver, stuff about singing and carrying a pitch and some other stuff that I clearly could not provide. I was doomed to failure from the beginning (well, there was so much sand around, do you really blame me for feeling that way? It’s like…satan dust).

I huffed and cocked a rear hoof, my hip jutting out as I considered the hag-bird-thingamajig and the task she set before us. Us, because there were others there, too, children and adults alike, all congregating around this egg….thing, drawn to it like I was, because there’s something about eggs that brings people close and knits them into a tight group with no sense of camaraderie—just an overwhelming need to make fools of themselves by doing any little thing the egg-carrier requested. Not like I’m being super critical or anything—because I was right there along with them, making an ass out of myself right alongside them.

It wasn’t gonna be a repeat like last time, though, because they weren’t asking for a melody and a singing-voice; just words, and the best part was that the words didn’t’ have to make any sense! Well….erm, they had to make sense, yah, but they didn’t have to be loaded with all kinds of truthful shit that caused your throat to sting or your head to pound or your eyes to water and your heart to flutter with things you didn’t want to feel at that moment. No, they didn’t want any of that—they just wanted words. Watch me fucking work this bitch.

“Any bird can dance,” I said, the words rolling off my tongue easy as I spit them at the egg-clutching harpy, “even finches give horses instructions. Just knock little mahogany needles or pheasant quill rods. Since turtles usually vandalize warblers' xylophones, yo; zonk.”

And maybe it didn’t make sense to some people, but fuck those people because my verses were gold. At least they were coherent. Jeez.

[W/C: 357

Wishlist: Electric Rougarou

Refusals: 1*

*It was mentioned that this may be accepted as a refusal since Roskuld was eliminated from the line-up.]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Cerin Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 4.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 Hands :: Three (Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Klare

Okay Cerin. Time to get out there and explore. His grown body picked up the pace. He was nearly a grown man now, and thus time to stand up for himself. The heart was a place of mysticism, it held so many ominous feelings, yet there seemed to be some horses flocking to it. Watching from afar, he spotted a few gather around a tree. There were children and adults alike speaking to a creature he had not come across before. He was too far to really make out the specifics, so instead of standing around waiting, it was time to approach.

Picking up a light trot, he stopped near the edge of the group just as the creature began speaking. It told them to tell a story. Well this was going to be a problem. He stood back, and that was when he spotted a gleaming egg in her wings. This was probably what everyone was here for. Should he try for it? Everyone began telling their stories then, each with the voice that he would never have.

Tentatively, when the stories began to subside, he stepped forward. He reached out his muzzle to the bird, this was the only possible way he could communicate with her. Would she take the time to listen? Or not? "Ablution baffles common deference. Every facet grows, heralding interchanges, jeopardizing keepsakes. Laddies macadamize naive obedience. Pacts quarantine rowdy sacrilege. The unavoidable variations xaern youthful zealots." Each word written out on a blank canvas in his mind. This is the only way he can make her see or understand.

Stepping back he falls behind the rest of the crowd. His little attempt was made to force her to think. Ablution clears the bad. Ablution clears his fear. Although a hard story to piece together, it meant a little something to him.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; --
Words;;
Notes;; Wishlist :: Dragon with Frostbreath
Xaern is a really obscure word, but its a verb that means to love something so much you hate it.

Image by semperfiesty @ DA

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

those lonely eyes
don't have to be alone tonight

I’ve never seen anything like it or… her, if one wishes to identify the creature with gender. Today is a day of firsts for me- my first time witnessing the disagreeable witch perched in the limbs above, my first time visiting the Heart Caves, and the first time I’ve been asked to tell an entire story in just a few lines. The heat of Tallsun makes my skin numb and my flanks are darkened with sweat, but I’m here all the same. Although, this is not my first attempt to collect a companion from the mysterious forces that deliver life throughout Helovia… I only hope that I am more capable this time, more worthy of the priceless gem the creature clutches against her chest. Even as I gaze up at her, my eyes wide and skeptical, I know that she holds something precious, something worth the effort it takes to withstand such unbearable climates.

The witch had called us here and many of us had obliged her (and most eagerly at that). I take a moment to observe my fellow citizens in hopes of finding a friendly face in the crowd, which I do. I recall meeting Sikeax some time ago upon my return to Helovia. I nod to her politely hoping that she will remember me as well. One of my own kin, Aeolus, has managed to hear the creature’s summons and I smile at him too, but everyone else appears foreign to me. The last time I had attempted to compete for an egg, Cetan had been in attendance. However, I had seen the bright, young man as a friend in those days… Now, he was a brother no longer. He had fled the Island after witnessing my battle against Thranduil and had yet to be seen since… I could only imagine he was too cowardly to thank me for what I’d done for him, for what I’d sacrificed.

Anger was all the remained for the boy… but that was not why I was here today. I was here to tell a story with the alphabet and I was here to make sure that my determination would see me through to the next round of the creature’s test.

However, everyone’s stories were fantastic and I feared that mine would pale in comparison. I was not widely versed in story-telling nor was I efficient with diction. But as the last story ended and all of the figurative eyes were on me, I began.

Another bright child danced, euphoric, for Good Hera. I jested kindly, luring moonlight near our parlor, quite relaxed… safe. To us, vitality wakens xenodochy- your Zen.

I’d decided to refer to Greek mythology in hopes that the story would be whimsical enough to charm the creature above. It took great cunning to come up with a word for the letter ‘X’, but I tried my best… Surely the witch would see that I was trying… Others clearly had the advantage, but the underdog wasn’t always meant to lose.

Ooc: Thor is seeking a Common Zephyr w/Roc ability | Link

Prior Refusals: Like Ros, Thor was eliminated from this thread: Link

Xenodochy: the reception of or extending of hospitality to strangers or foreigners.
Thor
&
Evangeline
credits :: table

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
<style type="text/css">
.titles { width: 320px; line-height: 56%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 70px; text-align: center; color: #FE7597; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #83E1CD; padding-bottom: 14px; position: relative; z-index: 2; margin-bottom: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; padding-top: 6px; }
#faclaim { width: 320px; height: 320px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 10px; }
.fcl { float: left; }
.fcl label { display: block; width: 160px; height: 160px; position: relative; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox] { display: none; }
.fcb { position: absolute; width: 148px; height: 154px; left: 0; top: 0px; background-color: #fff; z-index: -1; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transform: scale(0); -moz-transform: scale(0); -o-transform: scale(0); overflow: auto; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; line-height: 114%; padding: 6px 2px 0px 0px; } .fcb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 4px; }
.fcb label { position: absolute; top: -1px; left: 1px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 4px; height: 4px; color: #000; text-align: center; background: transparent; z-index: 8; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox]:checked ~ label ~ .fcb { z-index: 5; opacity: 1; height: 154px; width: 158px; background-color: #fff; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1); -o-transform: scale(1); }
.bluie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #83E1CD; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #C8FADB; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
.pinkie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #ffffff; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
</style>
Rhoa

I came here to find some peace and quiet, to reflect and think. Life suddenly felt so tenuous, like I could be overthrown at any instant; that each passing beautiful moment had within it the potential to devastate.

And then I saw her.

The others were a blur to my mind, their voices and movements just a distraction. How dare she come here! How dare she just pop up. I have spent seasons searching for her, hoping that she might decode her cryptic words from so long ago. Only as my journey led me across Helovia did I realize something: it probably meant nothing! Just some scattered advice hurtled at some awkward child who didn't belong.

And now here she was to do it again.

Anger and fire surge through my veins. I'll show her! I'll storm right through her maze and -

But there isn't a maze. Just a test, a task of words and wit. The accusations I was about to hurl at her die on my lips instantly and my pace slows. I am just one of many ... and that's when I realize it.

I am not brave at all. I am just another greedy soul here to be victimized by her riddles. I want what she has, and like a good drug dealer she hooked me early on - offering what felt like a challenge to keep me coming back for more. She didn't want me to be brave. She wanted me to be addicted.

And I was.

"Hello again." I murmur, defeated in the acceptance that my confusion, my isolation and my lack of bravery could not be pinned on her. "I would like to try ..."

I pause. Thinking. What would I say? A story? I listen to the tales told by others but they feel ... flat. I won't spin a tale of wonder and heroism. I shall speak of myself, of how the bird-lady's nature forced my into a self-instigated isolation. How only she could provide a cure to my loneliness: a bird of gold.

"All birds certainly do easily frustrate ... Giving hopeless isolation. Jaded kismet leaves me nomadic. Oh! Panacea! Quickly restores sanity. Tattered ... unfettered ... vanquished. Wanting xanthic youthful zephyr."

RHOA SAYS FUCK YOU BIRDLADY, but would like a Pheonix :D

Wishlist.

2 previous refusals: Here and here.

Helovian Ancient
</style>

It is not surprising how many gather below her on the ground, even in the heat of summer. The Helovians are like maggots, drawn to the stench of abandonment. Through no fault of its own, the poor creature in the egg has not known its mother, but there is no remorse in the eyes of the creatures below her. It sickens her, almost, but she cannot take care of this egg herself. The gods have designated her a conduit, not a mother, and so she must accept her lot in life the way that the child in the egg must except it’s.

As she listens to all the stories, the old hag crows and caws periodically, those whose stories have pleased her earning a place of special notoriety in her head. One story in particular has touched her and she is about to make comment of it when a yearling colt approaches her more directly than the rest. Yes, baby horse?” she caws, but he does not answer and so finally she reaches down one talon to scratch at his nose, to send him away from her. However, as her talon touches the velvety portion near his nostrils, she gets a flash of his mind and the story there. Tentatively, she reaches down again, though this time more permanently, her talon pressing uncomfortably but steadily against his skin. She hears his story in her mind and nods to acknowledge it, though does not apologize for the small drip of blood now running down his face.

And just when she thinks they are done, when she is about to give them another task to test their lyrical acrobatics, he arrives. Rhoa. She remembers him clearly enough, after the little maze test. She had been impressed with his spunk at the maze test, but something about him was different this time. “You’re late, baby horse,” she announces when he has finished his story. “You won’t be learning about bravery today.” Shaking her head, she returns her gaze to the rest of them. “Tell me another story…”

Her voice caws on for a few moments longer as she explains the directions.

It wasn’t specifically noted as a rule for this drop so I won’t eliminate those who didn’t, but keep in mind that for all drops, wishlists must be linked to at the bottom of posts.

Rhoa is eliminated for posting after the deadline.

Please tell a story with a word that starts with one letter and increases by one letter per word, until you get to 10 letters. For example:
I am the best horse writer, etc. etc.

You have 72 hours to post.

Image Credits

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

Others come, but Syrena did not pay a single one of them any attention other than to make sure there was at least a couple feet of space between them and her. She did not one of them accidentally touching her and she shied away obviously when anyone got too close. She was interested in this egg and the creature that was guarding it but she was not interested in making any friends or having her reputation tarnished because one of these Helovians got too close.

They give their stories and the creature listened to them all - Syrena wasn’t impressed by most of them.

But they were all given a second chance to impress the one with the egg, this time with another story. Again she took her time, musing over the best string of words to put together. She had never had to impress anyone with words before - they were always impressed with her appearance. Or, at least, very few words whispered in her silky voice were required.

Now, even these ten words needed some contemplation. But they came to her eventually, finding a coherent sentence easier to form with these rules than with the last one. “I am one lone siren: cursed, forever separate.” A slight pause as she thought of the next two words, a sliver of a smile brightening up those sea-grey eyes for a moment. “Obviously bewitching.” Well, obviously indeed. She just hoped it was bewitching enough for this creature - whatever was inside of that egg, everyone else seemed interested in it which was enough for her to want it more.

seeking rougarou with water ability wishlist

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Well, shit.

I switched hips to lean on, my brow furrowed and my mouth frowning up a storm as I stared at the harpy chick (damn she’s ugly, though). What she was asking for was a little different and a thousand times shittier than the task she had thrown at us before. Then all you had to do was think about how the word started in your head. But this? Now you actually had to think about how the word was spelled, and fuck me if I don’t know how to actually spell words (if you wanted to be an asshole I guess you could point out that I could have sabotaged myself in the previous challenge with some “psychic” shit or whatever nonsense, but we’re not thinking about that).

So I sat back and I huffed a little and I ground my molars and thought about how I was gonna spit this next fireball. I wasn’t daunted in the slightest; even though it was making me chew my lip or whatever in thoughtfulness, nothing in my resolve wavered and words kept bouncing to and fro inside my head, knocking together as I considered their ingredients. How the fuck you spell ‘angry’? I thought, more-or-less angry at the thought. A, N, G, R, E, E...no, wait, I think there’s a Y there. But wouldn’t that be ‘angrIGH’? FUCK IT I’M USING ‘MAD’. I snorted and bit my lip a little harder than I meant to. M-A-FUCKING-D. BOOM.

I tossed my head and straightened myself after what felt like a lengthy, drawn out, bloody massacre in the battlefield of my mind that left it strewn with blood, cuts and letters (is dissocial a word? Is there an H in it??). I looked at the harpy and I spit fire at her again, except it wasn’t the fireball I was hoping it would be—more like a wisp of some fire or whatever, just enough to cook your burgers or some shit:

“I am mad,” I said in a growl, “that these horses dislike lonesome, dissocial stargazers.” And boom goes the dynamite. But then I stopped myself short, a wave of self-doubt rolling over me. Didn’t she want a story? Well fuck, how the hell are you supposed to tell a 10 word story? I almost got mad again (or at least…madder) before I realized what I said could very well be considered a story—just one that wasn’t bullshitted and was very, very mine. Which was weird to think about and it made some inner, healing scars twist a little and it wasn’t fun so I stopped thinking too hard about it and waited to see if she thought it was a story, too.

Cerin Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 4.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 Hands :: Three (Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Klare

She is not happy with Cerin at first, it seems like. However, when she glimpses into his mind for a moment she returns her touch. The talon digs into his nose, and his eyes water in response. It isn't painful, but the sensitive spot cannot help but tingle behind his eyes. Eventually she releases, and looks back to the group. Will she make a decision? Or not? Everyone stands silent for a moment as she puts out another task. Cerin cringes, but understands that if he wants to move anywhere he must do it.

Swallowing, he began to think. This task seemed much harder than the last. Numbering letters within words limited how anything could start. A one letter word left little to the imagination, and so on so forth. He listened to the other speak, both for ideas and to give the creature some time. She was actually listening to him, so to speak, so he did not want to spoil that. As the last person finished, he reached out his nose again. A small little drop of blood rolled off his nose, but he just smiled. What doesn't kill him makes him stronger.

'I am not them. Cerin became awesome watching aardvarks compliment.'

It was a rather silly line, but something he thought was funny. A funny story at least. Humor within him was fleeting, so this was somewhat of an attempt. Everyone seemed so serious, may as well lighten the mood! Stepping back again, he waited for what the creature had to say.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; --
Words;;
Notes;; Wishlist :: Dragon with Frostbreath

Image by semperfiesty @ DA

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

those lonely eyes
don't have to be alone tonight

The competition is again as fierce as I remembered it, but my determination does not falter. The witch-like creature knows best the egg’s needs and I am certain she will eliminate any and all undeserving of the mysterious babe. However, there is something deep within my heart that wants for more than just an opportunity to please the egg’s guardian. I want more… I want to be able to witness the first time virgin eyes see light and I want to relish in the feel of our souls, intertwined.

I’d never been quite experienced with story-telling, let alone within these vicious, cutthroat parameters, but I do try. I want to be the man to watch over the pristine ovule clutched so carefully against a queer, feathered breast… Yet, everyone else appears to feel the same and I am suddenly dismayed by their awesome ability to appear so calm in such a tender, serious situation.

However, when a young colt that I’d seen at the last competition appears, I look up carefully to the witch. Her eyes are unforgiving as she sends him away and I know that I could be next… Perhaps that was why I began to search the recesses of my brain for a story, a figment in time that would inspire and awaken the senses. What I came up with was about life and growing up. It was about learning and growing and unfolding, sloughing away childhood antics and adopting a new and beautiful, matured demeanor.

After waiting for a young colt to finish his tale, or statement rather, I stepped forth in order to take the empty place on stage. I cleared my throat before looking up the creature with kind, assured eyes, “I go, bid envy adieu amidst welcomed, glorious, adulthood adventures.

After ending on a shaky breath, I turned back around to join my peers in hopes of passing through to the next round. I knew we were all a bit nervous (or at least I was) and each of us deserved an equal chance to shine.

I just hoped I’d shined bright enough for notice…

Ooc: Thor is seeking a Common Zephyr w/Roc ability | Link

Prior Refusals: Like Ros, Thor was eliminated from this thread: Link
Thor
&
Evangeline
credits :: table

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

They follow her like flies, tempted to the prize as she has been many times before. Whenever the kindness that once found her facial features subsides, she goes to the real issue.
Rhoa arrives too late, and with all the stories finished(Scarecrow silent as ever, more to her idea that the colt was mute, or either choose not to use his vocal cords by his will), there was more to fight for. Words were simple, complex, and held some sort of meaning when they split from the lips of those about her. Her distance was kept from all of them.
In the past, she had been ridiculed for the accidental following of another by the same bird, and wasn't about to repeat the process. The current state of her sunburned skin added more to her reason to not be around them. A slow caress was agony.
"I am not dead, alive, simply foreign, haunting anarchist nightmares."
Was she truly haunting nightmares? It was merely a story, conjured in attempts to make sense. The previous had been more difficult than the current; words that began with x and z did not fall from the sky to burrow into one's skull.
Her eyes move towards the egg and the bird, scanning over it's feathers and the sight that it painted for her tired eyes. Where did the eggs come from? The tongue within her enclosed mouth twitched in the greed of knowing the answer, selfishly playing the game as the rest did. Where her attempts at gaining something more than just company, friendship, actual family being heralded in from a kidnapping? She shakes the thought from her head.
No, the eggs come from somewhere else, maybe a gift, maybe adoption, surely something that isn't kidnapping.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

nickel

Listening patiently while others continued to arrive to tell their stories the colt tried to figure out what he had said before. It was something about the way the words sounded that did not make sense to his untrained brain that had him confused. Oh well it must have been acceptable for he was not kicked out of this yet. Looking up to the egg with fascination he tried to picture whatever was inside. After the loss of his brother he would give anything to have someone to play with and grow up with. Yes, he had his mother but it wasn't the same kind of connection. He needed someone who would put up with his games and listen to his stories. Maybe if the crow lady liked his stories the best he might get the chance to help whatever creature was inside the egg.

Lost in his own little world for a few moments he did not notice when the egg lady began asking for more stories. A few of the others beat him to being the first one but he eagerly awaited his turn patiently. When there was a small gap between speakers he took a confident step forward and began to speak. " I do not like messy horrid stories. Annoying jokesters discovered."

Gazing up to the lady with curiosity he watched her for a moment before stepping back to allow others the room to speak up. Well he had tried his best to come up with things that made sense but it was hard while following the rules. There were lots of stories that he could tell if he could speak freely but today those two would have to do. "Please like my story..." he begged silently as if the lady could hear him.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

Wishlist

Denials:
One

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Helovian Ancient
</style>

More stories come, some better than others, and the hag contemplates. This game of word play, this dance of lyrical intricacy is coming to a close, and though the horses may not understand what this had to do with a companion, the old hag knows. Effort put into this task translates into effort put into raising the abandoned egg. The poor creature did not deserve his fate, his mother should raise him and not a horse, but since his mother is not available a horse must do. And if a horse must raise him, it will be the best horse, and the best horse only.

Reaching down to touch the mute child, hearing his story in her mind again, she lets the rest tell their own in time. “One more, horses,” she caws, reaching the egg out as though she is taunting them. They can have it… if they really want it. Suddenly, without warning, she turns around and flails, throwing the egg towards the pit of flames that was the main landmark. Cackling, she watched its arc carry it towards the flames, wondering what the horses around her would do. It was always so… interesting.

Breccan and Nymeria are eliminated for not posting.

No specific directions.

You have 72 hours to post.

Image Credits

nickel

The brindle colt is thankful that this time they do not have to wait around too long before the cackling bird lady speaks once more. "One more..." What no... this was getting ridiculous! Mother had taught him to be patient and he had been patient but he was getting to the point where he could not wait much more. Why was this weird creature taunting them like this? They all had done everything that had been asked of them but still she insisted on more. What did she want from them?

The sudden thrust of the woman's arms catches the colts attention immediately as his eyes whip up to see what was going on. To his horror the cackling maniac tosses the egg towards the pit of fire! NO! He screamed in shock and panic. Reacting mechanically his feet jump into action propelling him forward in the hopes of preventing a certain death of whatever poor creature lay within. That stupid bird lady! How could she be so careless! This was not just a rock you throw away it was a precious life! All his hopes are focused on protecting the egg but his feet will not be able to catch it as it falls. Panic pools deep within his stomach as he scrambles for something he can do. He could try catching it in his mouth...no that wouldn't work it was too large and delicate. What could he use that would cushion its fall if he could manage to save it from the fire pit? Wait a minute...His Wings! They were soft and maneuverable!

Leaping forward with his eyes fixated upon the egg he unfurls his wings to stretch them out towards the falling creature. Please, this has to work! Someone has to save it before... Twisting his wings awkwardly in an attempt to form a makeshift hammock like thingy he ignores the possibility of his feathers going up in flames. What else could he do? This had to work!

Summary: Aeolus panics seeing the egg get tossed into the air and rushes forward trying to save it. Figures he cannot catch it without hurting it if he uses his mouth so instead comes up with using his wings. Ignores the flames to throws himself and his wings out to catch the egg in a makeshift hammock.

Aeolus Speaks

Wishlist

Denials:
One

Jeez, lady. Come on with it! I growled in my head. I swear that eggs were the devil’s potluck; nothing but strings to tie up unassuming horses into little plots of nonsense. She was reaching out with her talons, the egg clutched in her wrinkled-ass palm—and I felt a little humiliation as she waved it under our noses and I leaned forward like a peon, my eyes glued to the shit, my heart starting to flutter uncomfortably as it wobbled precariously in her grasp—

--OH SHIT--

--and suddenly the crazy-ass hag was throwing it and the egg was sailing and there was a little spiral to it and the light from the flames glinted off of its shell, glittering madly as it fell, fell, fell

--falling for hell--

--and I don’t even remember running or lunging forward or even plotting something out, because there was an egg in the air and the harpy turned out to be a bitch after all and there was no time, no time, no time to waste. All I knew was that, suddenly, my body was working like pistons and my breath was huffing out of me as I bolted for the rim of heart-fire—

--but shit shit shit I wasn’t going fast enough—

--and the egg was falling into fire--

--so I zap!ed myself, and when I emerged from the intangible stream of spark I had plunged into, I saw the lip of the crater just feet away from me—and there was a child with is wings outstretched and bent, and the egg was falling and the child was trying to catch it but the thumping in my heart didn’t let up and feathers are hollow

--and I was launching myself over the brim of the crater and I was twisting in the air watching for the egg’s arc and the air cracked around me as the magic in my blood poised itself, ready to spring into action—because I wasn’t sure if I could zap myself and another object I was touching, but I guess we’re about to find out, aren’t we?

---

[Summary-- Teleports herself forward, attempting to leap underneath the egg as it falls into the crater. If she makes contact, she'll then attempt to teleport herself and the egg out.

Wishlist: Electric Rougarou

Refusals: 1]