the Rift

[PRIVATE] We've got a million years to know we're still breathing

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sweet night relucantly crawled into the north, absent of the heavy heat of the southern moon. Caked oils of Aloe Vera were fast to be replaced with a cooling relief of snow. Bathing was back to a repetitive service with the sand and the heat offering her burns no mercy. Simple touch now brought her to into wincing, pushing her into a flinchy state.
Hours morphed into days when the Sun pushed her into sleep. Her drive to live slowly circled the drain and crippled itself beneath the slow return of depression while she'd push herself closer to Amara, curled up beside the Pegasus in search of something.
Sameira rescued her along the way, pulling the champagne from the darkness. She left with some hesitation as of the worry she felt for her sister, but once reassured that her dear companion would be alright, the trip turned into something much needed.
Clouds made themselves extinct across the endless sea of sky overhead. In the mornings, there was steam rolling from her muzzle when she exhaled in slow bursts, and the rare patches of snow in the deep places nearest the sea that she could purr within as she rolled. Even the frigid waters seemed less cold when the heat had aggressively struct all of Helovia.
Something had gone amiss with the Gods, but her choice of intelligence kept her from interfering. Whatever it was, life went on with a limp in it's step. The stars didn't shine as bright as they normally did, and while her eyes drunk the night with greed, nothing seemed right.
Even the Northern Lights that she adored with the very air that she breathed seemed dead and lifeless.
Her endless wonderings ended in nothing but the emptiness of the land, stumbling about tiredly without direction in the annoyance that her birthplace had become a shithole. It was for the better that she had given it up, but without the beauty that lingered throughout every inch of the land, it was nothing but a place that she could of died in.
Giving in, she falls to the earth, bent knees lowering her thinning body into the grasses that swept over the abyss with a heavy groan. The majority of her remains upright, refusing to fall into sleep without the feeling of safety that came with being locked into her enclosure.

OOC: Sorry for how this isn't so good. Openings aren't my forte.

@[Bucephalus]

"If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?"
Sikeax;
i'm missing the beauty in your soul

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

Azeeza, my precious treasure, is tucked into the chest pouch over my heart, only her downy white head sticking out to watch the land as I fly by. I can feel her overwhelming curiosity, and it brings a smile to my face. How can this be wrong? I understand Ampere's view, that I have now chained this little spirit to my soul for the rest of my life... but was I not equally chained? Yes, I had experienced life without her, and now that I had Azee... I could not imagine how I lived without her.

I lower my head, licking Azee's downy crown, smiling when she chirrups happily. Feeding her... feeding her was not enjoyable, but feeling her emotions, her amazement with everything, her wonder... Gods I couldn't put words to the feeling. It was more loving than when I was with my children. More exhilarating than flying in the middle of a storm.

Azee saw the white snow of the mountains below, and I could feel her demanding that I descend and let her see whatever the hell this stuff was. I oblige her, though I am worried that the snow might be too cold for her. However something catches my eye, and then I grow confused. What is Sikeax doing so far out?

Regardless, I am eager to speak to the eloquent mare. Conversation with her were...stimulating. MENTALLY! Dipping my wings, I drop down to land beside the pale mare, letting out a nicker, and matching me Azeeza trills loudly. I walk up towards Sikeax, Azee watching her with bright gold eyes, trying to focus on the blurry shape that's vaguely horse-like.

"What brings a desert daughter so far north?" I question, halting the same distance away as we had been last time, wings shifting before folding. Azee squawked, and I bent my knees, opening my chest pocket and letting her roll out to explore. She's covered in a rather thick coat of down, which comforts me somewhat, but I keep an eye on her regardless, fighting a smile when she jumps at a pile of snow...and vanishes into it, quickly floundering her way back out, chirping rapidly.

@[Sikeax]

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Pixel by Aud

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Bucephalus had always discovered a way to ruin her solstice. The quiet, serene feeling overpowered her senses while she flooded her system into a high and dreamt across the plains. Wingbeats act as a small nuisance, expecting nothing more than a passer-by. Followed up by the healthy thump of a landing, a lazy eyelid slips atop a single eye and watches him as he approaches.
Her tired face meets him with a slow blink, awakening herself from the disrupted nirvana.
Always the one to bring something, a small creature is offered forth, moving about the ground until it was to discover the snow. A soft chuckle brings a small smile over her features as she remembers the first meeting between her and Sacre in the Steppe when she was small, frolicking through the drifts of snow without a care in the world, filled with nothing but pure bliss.
"Desert daughter?" She snorts at him with a half-hearted, teasing way that builds itself from the leftover particles of her high. "I was born and raised here; I'm visiting dead memories and ghosts. Who else would be here?" Adrixaura and Tonka wouldn't be joining her ever again, but it was nice to know that she had a place to visit them in case miracles did happen.
Rising with a slow ascent, the dipped legs tremble beneath her weight as she struggles to regain her balance. Moist snow clings to her coat, burning and igniting the reddened skin hidden by the cloak of short hair. A cringe stabs her facial features and whatever she had done to help her burns in the past seems useless.
A repositioning of her horn brings the thing that Bucephalus has brought into view. Nostrils make themselves fat with the new scent. Musk, Bucephalus, and whatever that was. A hint of wildflowers fills it but nothing too special.
"Have you another child? One think that the son I helped deliver was more than a handful already." All is meant in good will, remembering the look of the colt through a blurred memory bank. Children swarmed the herd without warning, and while she had recently held the appearance of a child, the added fat had slipped away without much notice.
There was none of her offspring bounding about the desert, luckily. She'd rather not have herself buried in the task of watching children when her job was more important.
@[Bucephalus]

Sikeax;

you were angels,

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

Ghosts and dead memories... I look around the snowy area, ears flicking back. Luckily for me, I had no desire to revisit the past, content to leave it to rot in the recesses of my mind. Others, however, seemed to enjoy the pain the past brought, something I always thought rather...odd.

Her question about my children pulls a wince from me. What would she think if she knew of my four offspring, with a fifth under debate? But perhaps... she was not speaking of my blood-children. "Well, I have Azeeza. Say hello, love." I dip my head, nudging the bulging pouch she was holed up in away from the cold. That downy head poked out, chirped, then pulled back into the warmth of the pocket.

I laugh, then looked to Sikeax. "That was Azeeza... I found her egg in the Heart Caves a few days past." I drop my head again, nuzzling the pouch, and am rewarded with a rumbling chirp. "So, dead ghosts and memories?" I looked up at her, head tilted.

"Most do not wish to dwell upon the past... Who...or what burned you?" I look at her burn-marked hide, concern pulling a sharp frown onto my face.

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Pixel by Aud

All is meant in good will, but it does not come across the stallion's face in that way. Suddenly, she feels bad, regretting the words that she's spoken, but they're already too far out and she can't retrieve them only to eat them so that they never existed. Words don't work that way, and even the gods couldn't change that.
"Sorry, if I offended you." Azeeza's appearance brings a slow smile to her face, tightening the muscles into a new form momentarily. His laughter burns out the guilt that her heart finds itself getting drunk off of. There were things that she could learn from him, clearly, but she lacked the will and the sight to know that it could be useful to take advice. He seemed too passive and unaware for her to learn, yet if it worked for him, then it was not an issue that she needed to argue over.
Everyone was different.
The rest is replied with a nod. Eggs came wherever they pleased, and while he had been luckier than her in being rewarded one, she didn't mind the lack of companionship. Spending time with Sameira when she did was enough to silence any need for those sort of things.
Everything shifts to her without her acknowledgement, catching her off guard and pulling her into a state of thought. What cause did she even have for visiting this place other than for them? They were her family, yes, but constantly visiting a memorial grave site would bring her nowhere in accepting that they were gone, dead, ghosts embedded inside of another realm that the afterlife drew itself up as.
"I miss what I've lost and given up, but this place helps get it. Sometimes, I feel like they're here." Their eyes don't meet while she speaks, drawing her pale orbs into a distant location, towards towering snow-capped peaks and snow, ice and fighting vegetation, treating the land as if it would resurrect all that she had lost before her very eyes if she spoke of them and placed her thoughts to them. Dreamers like to dream, don't they?
Sunburns are another issue. The black pelt that drapes him must be immune to the hateful blows that the Sun lays upon the skin. Somewhere inside of her, in a place that has no name and lacks definition, she envies him for it.
"For someone who can't fly, I fly too close to the Sun every Tallsun. Sunburns are a curse." Not like he would ever understand.
She guesses that she's the first he's seen with burns from that shapes itself on his features. It was ill used and wasted, as far as she cared.
"How have you been? We speak so much of myself but none of you. I'm curious." Her eyes and words spin themselves with encouragement and curiosity. Bucephalus was a creature of a different world to her, born outside of the walls of Helovia in some place great and magnificent. "Would you mind if I asked what your birth place and family were like?"
@[.Bucephalus]

OOC: Tagged removed in edit to keep from double tagging.

Sikeax;

you were angels,