the Rift

[OPEN] turtles are horses too

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The queen was rather afraid she was no good at capturing animals. Try though she might, the turtle she was trying to lure into one of the live traps would not move. She had tried nosing at his backend to push him forward, but he had just retracted into his shell. And then she had tried letting him go of his own accord, but he was rather contented to sit in one place and not move. And then, she had tried to grab him in her mouth, but the diameter of his shell was too much for her, and she did not wish to crush him from top to bottom. It was a dilemma indeed. It was Khan who finally solved the problem, swooping down with claws extended to lift the creature from the ground and toss him (perhaps a little roughly) into the live trap. Shaking her head at the dragon for a moment, the queen returned her eyes to Brisa. “Well… one down,” she suggested with a laugh. It was a start!

Kahlua & @[Brisa]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Looking around at everyone that had managed to complete their tasks the pale mare could see one lingering emotion on each of their faces, exhaustion. The tasks themselves were not difficult per say but it was the time crunch that they were all under to get things completed. With the sun high overhead conditions were starting to take their toll. The last time she had done this much in a day had been...no there hadn't ever been a day she had been so consumed by things to even compare. With the teamwork of the Edgers Res's garden should be safe from the impending flood. One crisis averted, now onto the next.

Secondary to their food and water sources it made perfect sense that the next task would be to think about the other animals. Surely they couldn't let them die for that would be mass murder and she was so fed up with murder. Grabbing her trap she set off with her partner aka best friend to go in search of something to put in it. Kahlua managed to find a rather difficult turtle to stick into hers (after a lot of coaxing and man handling). What else was around here? Chattering drew her attention up into the tree nearby only to see a small fuzzy rodent hopping around rather crazily. Well that could work...if she could catch the darn thing.

Her initial tactics failed miserably when she tried by merely setting the trap at the bottom of the tree hoping it might come down to investigate. Well the squirrel did not even seem to notice at all. Well she couldn't very well climb the tree to go get it and she was not about to burn the tree down so how was she going to get the critter to cooperate. Watching it for a number of minutes an idea slowly began forming as she watched the squirrel chewing on something. Food! That might work but what do they eat? Nosing around carefully through the shrubs and grasses she managed to find a couple acorns and some other type of nuts. Pushing them inside the trap carefully with her nose so they were at the far side of the opening she stood back to wait.

Sure enough food was the key that finally caught herself a squirrel! It might look all cute and fuzzy up in the tree but now that it was stuck in a cage the think seemed to turn into a demon. Chittering away the thing jumped around like mad grasping onto all sides of the cage and throwing the nuts around. Standing back from the trap she wasn't so sure that she wanted to try and save this thing anymore. " Ummm Kahlua? I don't think this guy wants to come on the boat." She commented warily. With the way the creature was staring at her she didn't want to go anywhere near it. It was just plain psycho!

Brisa and Kahlua
Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
ROLAND
Catching rabbits, as it turned out, was not an easy thing. They were not eager to listen to instructions, or go where they were told, ignoring the warnings- and threats- the Thief muttered beneath his breath as he chased them across the field. Rather than being concerned about the storm that lay ahead, they seemed only to pay mind to the size of Roland's hooves, and how close he stepped to them. Any consolations fell upon deaf ears; they treated him like a predator, darting away whenever he came within reach. And worst of all they never seemed to tire, racing through the tall grasses and around the trees while the Thief ran breathlessly after them. At the very least, it seemed he was not the only one having such bad luck. Kahlua and another mare were doing their very best to coax animals into traps of their own, but they would not budge easily. Could they not sense what dangers awaited them if they remained on land?

After many attempts and failures, Roland had gathered his flock and with one last nudge sent them bundling into the cage. They settled comfortably within its hold, at ease now that the golden monster was no longer in sight. With a heavy sigh, and a weary smile of satisfaction, he raised his head to see how Lena was faring, and cast a glance around to ensure no other creatures lingered in the meadow, anything that might have missed the call to board the ship.

@[Lena]

Image Credits

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

Catch my gaze, I dare you.
Groaning Arah bent down to pick up a trap, her eyes watched as various group took off in every direction. "Let's just try catch something here." In the distance she spotted Roland and Lena, they didn't have much time to say hello. So the doe pressed forwards searching for a good place to hide her medium trap. What the hell was she meant to do once she actually caught it? A lot of animals were dangerous, deadly even. In spite of all this she set her trap underneath a tree and then began to brush some grass over the top in attempt to disguise the trap. Stepping back to eye her handy work, the doe smiled before slinking away into the bushes. She waited quietly and then...S N A P. Leaping out she smiled at the fox in the trap. "Gotcha!" Leaning forward she grinned at the fox. "Lets get you to the boat."

@[Ulrik]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

she's gonna be somebody's only light
gonna
shine tonight
yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby

------------------------------Aisling----

This next took almost as much patience as the little lass could contain. The god had given them crates to hold the animals, but Aisling was no hunter. Deciding the smaller the better, she had busied herself for a good long while, setting the perfect trap for a field mouse. Back and forth she pranced across the meadow, chatting to Finn and gathering anything she thought might make a mouse more comfortable in a little wooden crate. Seeds and grasses, flowers and fluff, all were carefully arranged in the little box before it was left open and the mare moved off a ways. She settled herself down in the grass to wait and to watch, though is seemed like hours before a pair of foraging mice made their appearance and wandered in to investigate the strange structure in their meadow. The trap closed with a snap and held the little pair inside. Aisling leapt to her feet and moved to gather the little crate, the nervous squeaks coming from inside causing a pained look to darken her normally bright face. “Oh Finn,” she murmured in a rare moment of distress and turned to her friend “They’re scared….But what it we can’t get them all in time?”

- - -

Aisling and @[Finn] if Dingo has time, cutting it real close today, lol

Texture by monxcheri @ DA
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena and Imogen used the designated task as a means of diversion: they knew what had to occur (the capturing of animals nearly left a bitter taste in her mouth, but she knew the end result, without snagging and ensnaring them, would be even more rancorous), and so spent some time frolicking and searching for their chosen pairs. The Songbird aimed for sparrows and swallows, relishing their same occupation and courting their thresholds with sweet sonnets, luring them upon long boughs and nestled branches, answering and replying, hoping they’d find salvation in following her, in adhering to the strange little birdcage resting at her feet. Imogen, however, took to stalking the tall grass, with only her white tails flicking above the emerald tassels, searching for various animals scattered in the undergrowth. She attempted to assist Roland, who seemed intent on rabbits, scurrying after them and chasing the frolicking rodents into various sections (hoping perhaps they’d end up in the Thief’s snare). She’d chirp in success or growl in frustration, until eventually they both seemed content with their wares and supplies. The nymph offered Roland the briefest of half-smiles, because for some reason the methods applied and utilized still didn’t sit right in her gut, but they prevailed all the same, and with a heavy sigh, she hoped the next assignment was a little more bearable.

[Task 4!]
her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik stared dumbly at the God of the Earth, wanting to roll his eyes at the ridiculousness of this next task. With a grumble, he grabbed his trap and dutifully followed Arah, grateful that they weren't hiking all over the damned map this time to complete this nonsense. The stallion watched Arah chase a fox around, and he went after some sort of ferret... weasel? Thing. He had no idea. Large, cloven hooves trampled the ground, but he could not get the damn thing to go into the trap.

"Care to help?"

The hellhound snickered. "But watching you run in circles chasing a meal is just so entertaining..."

The Engineer glared and the hellhound rose to his feet in a dramatic sigh. "Stand back, you useless, dirty beast..." Kirchoff leaned down and snatched up the weasel in his jaws in one, simple movement, being a natural hunter. Carefully, he popped it in the cage and looked up at his bond mate with a sarcastic smile. Then, without word, he walked of. Ulrik shook his head and grabbed the box, following Arah. "I'll be glad when this is over..." he grumbled. "I am not a do-gooder."

lulzrik

(Please tag me in every post)

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My face had been bright as father Earth delivered his next task to us, as I had been rather fearful what might happen to the other living creatures that called Helovia home, but it had fallen drastically as I thought over just how difficult it really would be. Many creatures were dangerous, such as wolves and the like, and I worried that we might not be able to gather or warn them in time to save them.

As I assisted Aisling in preparing the cozy little box for its temporary inhabitants, that very thought weighed heavily on my mind. I couldn't imagine such a death as drowning, nor could I imagine how absolutely terrifying it would be to be swept away, knowing that would soon be upon me... Distracted as I was, I gave a startled jolt as my pale companion leapt to her feet, our trap successful. A ghost of a smile tugged at my lips to know that we were saving some lives, perhaps a family by the looks of it, but it was quick to disappear when my troupe sister voiced her concerns.

I knew the truth; there was no way we could gather every single creature, even with so many helping to complete the Earth's tasks, but how could I say just that to sweet, sweet Aisling?

"Well... He is a God," I began with a deep inhale, and as I looked to Aisling, I hoped the smile I cast to her was a reassuring one. "I believe he wants us all to work towards unity and helping one another, even those we don't know, and he will ensure those we don't or can't capture will find their way onto the ship."

Or, so, I prayed.

"talk"
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
You're busy dying if you're living in the past
What were they, pawns to be used only when the Gods needed them, and then tossed aside and forgotten like an old toy when they were finished?

The brindle was growing tired and irritable with the endless requests from the God, his patience beginning to wear thin. Only for Histe did he manage to keep himself together, while every other being that passed them by a little too closely was met with a molten glower, ears lacing back, a warning to keep their distance.

"Earth is crazy if he thinks we're going to continue doing his dirty work," Crowley murmured as he skulked back through the meadow, more or less trying to make himself look busy than actually doing anything. As he went along, the form of a dappled grey mare caught his attention, the cage at her feet shaking and rattling, the squirrel trapped within it looking far from pleased to have been caught. The brindle scoffed and came to a halt only yards away from the hornless atrocity.

"Perhaps I should fool you into some freedom-barring contraption?" A deep-rooted, popping snort was given, followed by a grin cast to the mare. "Then we can see if you act similarly."

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits