the Rift

[OPEN] "Shipping" - Intro

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

It was easy to see, as she looked around, that everyone was pairing off. Immediately, she began scanning the crowd for faces- who would she enter the boat with? Kaj? Definitely not. She still wasn’t ready to make up with him- he had hurt her deeply. Mauja? She took a step towards him, heart light and joyous, until she saw that he was matched already with an unknown mare. She frowned. Thranduil? But no, he too was otherwise occupied. Well… then no men. Resplendence? With Quilyan. Alysanne? No, it seemed she had a partner as well. When her eyes finally fell on Brisa, the Sunshower almost didn’t believe that the Glazier did not have a partner yet. After all, even her newborn child had found a partnership with another filly. Still, with nobody at her side, the queen had to try, or risk drowning on land because she could not find a friend. “Would you like to board together?” she asked Brisa as she approached, a gentle smile on her face. She was hopefully, but cautious.

Kahlua and @[Brisa], because boys suck!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

What in the actual fuck was going on here? My dark eyes scanned the gathering from a distance, suspicious of the boat and skeptical of the Earth God's words. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, with all the murders and what not it was no surprise that the Earth God wanted to create a cleansing of sorts. My ears pinned against my skull and my nose scrunched into a scowl as he ordered us to pair up, the taste of bile tainting the back of my tongue at the idea of having to chain myself in a room with another. There were so few worthy individuals, even fewer that I had actually met in Helovia. How was I supposed find someone that I could tolerate that kind of partnership with? With a wild toss of my mane and a flaring snort, I approached the group to look for anyone that seemed in need of a partner. Maybe with some luck, I could find someone I could push around or threaten into submission, or perhaps someone just as strong willed who I wouldn't end up killing on the boat. I doubted that the Earth God would want blood all over his newest creation, especially since all of the deaths that were right before this cleansing. With a stomp of my hoof I called out to any willing to accept my offer. "If anyone is brave enough to attempt a partnership with me, let us start this challenge."

Panzram is shipping with @[Talion]

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

Well first his mother murders a group of mortals, and now his uncle was bringing forth a flood - but at least he was offering them all a chance to get on board. It actually sounded a little bit… fun, really. What sort of tasks were they going to have to do? And they had to pair up!

Silver eyes scanned the crowd, hoping to see someone he knew. Ampere was with a foal, Roskuld and Mauja, the sun god’s foal and another filly. There was nothing like looking at a large group of horses to realize how few friends he had.

“Apollo!” It took a couple minutes but there, thank goodness for a familiar face! He made his way immediately over to his former leader with a smile, trying not to feel too worried about what was going to happen with all of this. “How have you been?” Not since the darkness had first arrived, first started to turn their friends and fellow Helovians into wraiths. When the Foothills were still the Foothills. “So, um, want to work together?”
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart

reunited and it feels so good! Mesec and @[Apollo] reporting for duty!
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Escaping had not been as easy as Cera had anticipated it would be.

Though the Throat lay far in the south, his solace achieved, the magic of Helovia never seemed to give him rest. It pulled on him until he caved reluctantly, letting the draw of an old, familiar feeling bring him to a surely specific point in the Meadow. At first he was uncomfortable, so many others streaming in like salmon leaping upriver towards either death or salvation. He had left the Throat to find peace, solitude. Not this huge, writhing mass of bodies.

And, towering above them all, a giant structure. A boat.

And standing proudly beside his creation, the God of the Earth.

Revulsion and despair bit into Cera's soft insides, and he felt acutely like turning and vomiting. Instead, he remained frozen like a stone, the call to arms sweeping through his soul until he felt as if he would shudder and crumble in that moment. Turning, he swept his eyes across the field. Nobody was around whom he knew, and those he did were already paired.

Until, at the back of the crowd, a mildly familiar face stood out to him. Trotting over, he ducked his head quietly to speak with the forgotten daughter of the Wildfire. "Zenobia? Would you like to be my partner?"

Cera and @[Zenobia]!
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Visions unfamiliar and undecipherable flashes through her skull, painting images of colored bodies and curved necks and pretty smiles. So many. Corpses press together into a solid mass colored brown and black and white and splashed with vivid, unlabelled shades she's never seen before; she can smell them, a reek of horseflesh rolling in her nares, and her Lil, soaring and wheeling above, shows her the furry bodies weaving, nimble, between hoofed limbs— companions.

Yet more importantly to the nimble black, the dragons. Veritable flocks of them, gleaming dull blue and shiny red and glowing copper, all the shades of the rainbow. There's even whites vying for his ruby retinas' attention, flashes of ivory amongst darkness; she can feel his yearning to join them, the tug of his heartstrings. And worse, beneath that veneer of excitement, she feels the twist of his tripes, the desire to obey and fall into his place in the natural draconian hierachy. It cannot be allowed. Her Lilómiel must strive to overcome the colors— otherwise there would be trouble when they had need to fight against an equine with a blue dragon, or a hybrid with a silver.

Thoughts skip, flash, to Ophelia, to days dancing in the snow and prancing with her brother, and she hesitates in her steady step, a lull in her confidence. Images, smoky with Mongrel's witchcraft, rise to the forefront of her mind, carved with blood and her mother's ire.

Then they fall away as she steps from the trees and into the gathering. With the damp of bodies hemming her in, crowding in on a filly so small, so fragile, in comparison to the warriors and the gladiators, the kings and the queens, she cannot help the cursed anxienty knitting away in her breast. Precious lips soften, brows upturning; worry creases, furrows, itself into the lines of her forehead. Deep-rooted instinct and teachings murmur to her, a gentle background rumble urging her to watch for escape routes. It wouldn't do to get caught and trampled in the midst of this, especially not with her young as she was.

Above her, Lilómiel shrees a cry of glee, wings tangling in the breeze and cruising upwards, sinuous muscles pumping him ever higher into the blue yonder. In the crushing press of bodies, all she can hear is the thud-thud-thud of her insistent heart in her ears, all she can feel the gallop against her ribs. By the Moon's smile. Why were there so many?!

The skull-faced daughter lingers on the fringes, waiting— waiting for her brother. He would know what to do. He always did.
NYMERIA
And I'll love you the best way I know how

image credits
@[Volterra]

OOC: Nymeria is partnering with her twin Volterra!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Darkness falls, here comes the rain to wash away the past
Déodat had lurked in the shadow of his daughter and Odette. He listened as the earth god announced his “purification.” Both brows raised slightly at the mention of pairing up. For a long moment he remained where he was and stood still. Out of the corner of his eye he watched his daughter traipse over to some Pegasus boy. Disappointment washed over him and all he could ask was, why?. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes for a moment as fury slowly began to rise in his chest. The world was going to flood and one of his daughters was befriending skyrats. The flood was more important though.

"”Watch them Odette,” he demanded in his companion’s mind. ”If anything happens to Arya while she’s with him, kill the boy.” There was a sort of uneasiness he sensed from his bonded. He knew she wasn’t a ruthless predator. She was loyal and gentle. Odette glanced over at him with a wary look on his face.

”He just boy Déo,” She said. ”I with you.” She waltzed up beside him. Frustration welled up inside of him and he snorted. There was no argument. He knew better than to try and force the hound into anything. ”That one. You work with.” Odette gestured with her head toward a pale mare. With a sigh he walked toward the light colored mare with one ear pressed against his skull.
"“I’m Déodat, and this is Odette. Shall we board together?” He asked.

[Déodat & @[Nyx] are gonna be partners]
"talk"
araxel
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

| Histe | Mare | 5 | 15.1hh | Equine

The brindled mare did not do particularly well when it came to having to work with others. No, Histe would rather viciously attack anyone that tried to get near her, but if she wanted to save her own skin she'd just have to suck it up and work with someone. Her pale eyes shifted from one individual to another, each of them pairing off quickly. Who would even want to pair off with her? Her scarred hide and bloodstained legs would be more than enough to ward off anyone with an ounce of intelligence. Histe decided that she would have to take the situation into her own hands, which was when she saw Crowley standing alone. The bay mare snorted and strode forward, side by side with Merikh. "You!" She barked at him. "Unicorn. You will be my partner." She gave him little, if any, time to protest before she turned and walked toward the boat. "If he gets on my nerves I'll kill him."

ooc://
Histe and @[Crowley] ship!

"."

credits

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

It was the first time Hector had warmed to the idea of letting the painted filly accompany him on patrol. Since the mystery surrounding the murderer had been nullified (more or less), there was less threat to her safety as they wandered by foot through pasture and forest, and thus the nervous blanket beneath taught copper skin seemed less fraught. He led her as a brisk walk – discreetly incorporating a level of light training into the occasion – into the north to where there were less trees; less cover for the ill-intending to lurk.

"If you lift your knees higher through each stride, you will cover more ground..." he explained, fostering her desire to learn with a swift and cunning eye. To demonstrate, the regal giant strode forward from her side at a brilliant pace, prancing almost, in a splendid display of the power wrought through his core. But he paused not too far ahead and turned to wait, horned-skull low and the expression encouraging. If she were to be the warrior she often mused about, young Isara would need to heed such lessons.

As evening approached, they pulled into the vast pasture – but the sight of a phenomenal ship caused his step to hesitate. What is this... he hummed silently, eyes passing cautiously from the strange timber to the God of the Earth to its side. Veci, mind your business – but carry on to investigate. With Isara none the wiser, the hulking stallion guided his petite child nearer, grazing wary bumps occasionally by her poll if he wished her to wait. "We will linger, and report these findings back to the herd..." In truth, he had little expected or wanted any such event to unfold in this first patrol.

The Earth God spoke with rumbling tones to the mass of gathering bodies around, and the message troubled the stallion more than thrilled his valiant mind. It seemed that there was to be a flood, and the girl to his side could not fly – quickly though he realised they were all to board the boat of his making... Hector grumbled incoherently, first a cave, and now a boat.

Hector and Isara

@[Isara]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Having heard the news about their moon goddess the Glazier was not sure how much more horrible news she could take before something inside her would snap. She had been keeping her sanity together for the most part well enough but now? Standing there looking up at the massive boat she felt like an ant about to be crushed by some giant. Everyone was supposed to be getting on this thing...all at once? The idea seemed half mad if you asked her. What was the point of flooding the earth anyway? Was it supposed to cleanse the world of all the evil or something? As far as she was concerned there would be certain individuals on board that were just as bad as the wraiths.

Defeatedly sighing she resented to watching others as they milled around to find partners to shack up with for this latest journey. Her chances of finding anyone decent was depleting quickly and the last thing she wanted to do was get stuck with some stallion or god forbid Illynx. Being that close would just ignite a whole new war between the two and would be guaranteed that one of them would either sink the ship or not emerge alive. “Would you like to board together?” Turning to see Kahlua she felt a touch of relief, maybe she would get lucky and not have to be with someone she despised. Initially she would have thought Kahlua would have partnered with Kaj but apparently not, oh well his loss. "I would rather not board at all but since we have no choice I would love to board with you." She replied her own expression brightening considerably.

Brisa and Kahlua -- Girls Rule!
Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
N
A
Y
A
T
I

It had been herbs that had drawn Nayati to the meadow. She had few, truly useless duties as a nurse, but her mother was the Moon Doctor and so she took them seriously nonetheless. If there was any particular talent Nayati had, it was searching out and extracting herbs. So she had been traveling ever since meeting Vadim on the beach, collecting as she went, Rathunax her eyes and ears when nights were long and dangerous and predators on the prowl.

She had never stopped to question the tugging on her chest, the weird compulsion that drew her to the Meadow. Her mind had been a loop of ingredients, abilities, drawbacks. Simple thoughts that contented her in her solitude until her inevitable return home with her bundle. So she was swayed with the subtlety of the wind, not even realizing her path was not truly her own until Rathunax was kicking into gear in her head.

"Lots of horses. Big, weird thing in Meadow." Nayati lifted her head in surprise, big red eyes blinking into the distance. To say she was not curious would have been a lie, and the snapshot images Rathunax relayed to her certainly showed nearly the entire population of Helovia. And though Nayati did not like to be so crowded, she simply had to know. Especially when Rathunax gave a triumphant cry above the din of voices and commands. "Res! Quil!" Nayati smiled to herself, joy blossoming in her breast as she realized that Quilyan had returned, after all.

A voice drew her from her musings, soft and stuttered. It reminded Nayati a lot of herself, before she met Vadim, and how she still often was. Turning to face him, her face spread in the softest, most inviting and encouraging smile she could muster for the handsome blue-hued stallion. "Hello, Maitimo," she whispered back to him, rose eyes warm. "My name is Nayati. I'd love to be your partner. Lets go somewhere else, huh?" It was clear the stallion was uncomfortable with all the people, and Nayati herself was seriously fretting in her own way. But the few times she was capable of being strong was when it was for another person.

Nayati and Maitimo!

Image Credit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

thor & evangeline
We can hide under sheets, under heavy covers
So deep as the night draws in
The heat… my God it was stifling, but for a brute like myself it was borderline murderous. I hadn’t wanted to leave the coolness of the Edge and her luxurious sea breeze, but fate had other ideas… other infinitely warmer ideas.

It hadn’t taken long to gather Evangeline and Tallis, though I thought I could see a hint of reluctance in the Pure’s beautiful, green eyes. We were all a bit sluggish as of late, due to the deadly heat wave rolling through Helovia, and I only hoped that whatever had drawn us from our comfortable home in the Edge would be the answer to our troubles or at least reprieve from the maddening presence of Tallsun.

Upon reaching the Thistle Meadow, I was quite taken aback by the sheer numbers congregating before the God of the Earth himself. It had been a few weeks since I’d seen him last and though his attentions were occupied, I nodded to him gratefully all the same. He appeared to be building something that now resembled a monumental… ark. What exactly would Helovia do with a boat that size?

I turned quietly to Evangeline in hopes that I would find some thread of understanding within her gaze, but she appeared just as deep in thought as I. “I hope he’s come to help us…” I murmured softly into her ear. Things had been quite blissful for us lately and I hoped against all odds that she would stand by me through this next trial in our life together.

OOC: Naturally Thor and Evangeline are partners.
And we'll be slow honey lovers 'til the clocks go forward again

table code image credit

@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Many have gathered in the Thistle Meadows, and I'm not so ignorant or aloof to stay apart from all the action. There's something going on and curiosity, well, you know the saying. Within the meadow I see that a great, humongous structure has been built. Some sort of transport. The Earth God stands before the gathering and proclaims to all that have come that he shall make the world beautiful again. My spirits are low, and I wonder if it that is even possible. Not to mention... shall I get Zima? Will she be safe? The thought nags me, but there's nothing I can do. Nothing I want to do (or do I)... she is the one that did not want to come into Helovia with me. Why should I go back for her now, again? That is, if the great God of the Earth even wanted to save me. I am just a tigress in a world of equines. Why am I worthy of being saved? But I'm here, and he didn't specify equids only. A little huff comes from my snout and I look around. Who would be willing to pair with me? It's not like I've made that many friends in my short time here; it was never really my goal to begin with. After all, tigers tend to be loners.

""
Saffron && @[Ayelet]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky

ADVENTURE TIME
with cheska & auriel

Cheska blinked.

Then again.

Before her, the hulking ship seemed to groan and creak with a life of its own, rising incomprehensibly above her. A tiny huff of incredulous laughter got caught somewhere between her brain and her throat and what escaped instead could not be classified under the umbrella of any sound ever heard before. She looked sideways at what she presumed was the great god of all her silly stories and suddenly they seemed so... small. She let her jaw hang as she stared blankly at him, then at every other soul who thought it fit to be milling around ignoring the miracle that had just popped up in front of them. "Seriously?" she snapped at a near group. "Nobody's going to address this at all? Really?" As they filtered away, she shrugged in defeat. "All right, then." That was a breakdown to have another day, preferably somewhere dark where she could rock herself back and forth until this place started making a lick of sense.

She recognized one or two faces, but everyone seemed so determined to set off that she dared not intrude. Instead, she tried to ignore the object of her fervent prayers and pawed around for a friend. It didn't take quite as long as expected.

"Auriel!" She set off at a heavy trot toward the relief of a familiar form. "How's the knee?" She eyed the healing process carefully, waiting to be acknowledged. Probably wasn't a good idea to be dragging the wounded all over creation. At least, not with the Earth God watching. Once she was satisfied, it wasn't long before excitement had her curious brain and anxious hooves moving again almost instantly. She offered a companionable nudge toward the younger one's shoulder. She gestured to the ark with a smile made of pure conspiracy. "I reckon this one's gonna be good. Feel like keepin an old lady company?"

Posting for team @[Auriel]/Cheska!

◊ please tag Cheska in all posts
◊ full permission is granted for minor powerplays including
touching, placement and superficial injury

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Converging on the scene of probably the largest gathering he had ever seen the brindled hybrid scanned the crowd for familiar faces. If they were getting to go on an adventure you could sure count him in! The enormous boat was constructed out of many trees and other things he could not quite describe but the only question he had was did it float? Trees were heavy surely they would sink if you threw them into water...right? Even if they did manage to float how could it stay floating with all the extra weight of all of them stuffed into it? From what he could see there were some pretty large adults around that had to weigh lots. Would they have to toss the fatter people overboard if they started sinking?

Bouncing forward he moved his way through the crowd searching for someone to be his partner for the ride. While he could always go with mother he kinda wanted someone that would be more fun for the trip. Maybe they could pretend to be pirates and sail the high seas! They could see mermaids and octopeople and sharkies.. this was going to be so much fun. Thinking back to the few others he had met similar to his age he contemplated who he could choose. Hmmm.. Perking his ears forward as a familiar face came into view he bounded over eagerly. "SPICE!" He called loudly as he closed the distance between them. "Hi! Uhh Do you wanna go on the ship with me? We can be pirates!" Not caring if he sounded immature he was too excited by the trip to care much about trying to be an adult.

Spice and Aeolus boarding up!

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @[Spice] •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
Over the many nights I’d spent scouting Helovia, I’d found the Thistle Meadow to be a favorite destination of mine. I hadn’t strayed far from its borders and sought comfort in the boughs situated on the outskirts of her core nightly. However, when the noon sun reached its peak I found shelter from the heat in a sparse strand of dogwood trees, but not today. Instead, I was alerted to the soft murmuring of voices and the muted beating of wood against wood. When I had gathered enough energy to pursue such a ruckus, I was shocked to discover a great gathering of what seemed to be half of Helovia!

I didn’t know anyone in attendance, or at least I hadn’t yet seen anyone of note. Besides, there were only a few familiar faces that would be able to welcome me to the party.

Slowly, I began to wade into the masses, searching for even one “friend”, but to no avail. Or at least, that was what I’d thought… Upon trailing around pair after pair of comfortable couples, I spotted someone I recognized! I couldn’t recall her name or anything, but I was quick to sidle up next to her- all smiles and great fun. “Hello again,” I cooed. “Would you like to be my partner for this seemingly ridiculous game?

Looking into her vacant eyes was something like making a deal with the devil, but hell… I wasn’t against sacrificing my soul for a bit of fun.

OOC: Atlas and Jorogumo are partners!
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

@[Jorogumo]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Flying high above the commotion, I watch as the Earth God toils away on his pet project. I could try to help but one, I'm much more self-serving than that. Two, I just had twins am I in any condition for physical labor? (Hardy har har.) Three, there is likely very little I could do to help a GOD anyway. As more and more equines (and other creatures) gather, I decide maybe I should join the fray. Just this once.. to.. socialize. Or something. I don't know. I land and see familiar faces: at least one I like, Thranduil, and one I have mixed feelings about, Bucephalus. I stay silent and listen to the God speak - tasks, rewards, new life? Well why not. I look around me and shout out: "Okay who wants to be my partner! NOW DON'T ALL SHOUT AT ONCE! Because of course I am gorgeous and wonderful and everyone must be dying to be my partner, right? RIGHT?!

Arvakl && @[Aaron]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
The glass babe finds herself amidst the craze of bodies, flesh rubbing against flesh and hooves flattening the grass beneath the mass of hooves. Ears flicker back, watching as a man of large proportions sways and shouts before the gathered steeds, demanding they pair up and prepare for a flood to cleanse the land. Sins to be washed away by holy waters, and the population would be boarded up upon a boat made of trees. Eyes dart to the pairs that begin to form, sticking together like sweaty skin against sweaty skin. Frantic and afraid, she steps back to watch everyone gladly accept partner requests with those who they are familiar with. She pauses, realizing she is familiar with no one. She is the lone, black sheep in a herd of alabaster. What was she to do? Looking down she finds herself peering at a striped body of a beast who was once apart of a winged beast that harassed her kingdom once upon a time. The image of a striped being with wings and talons hissing and snapping, snatching away eggs and children in the night. Taking a hesitant step forward she offers a foolish smile, hoping the clever beast couldn't see her fear brewing within her pastel orbs. "'Scuse, but partner with I?" She sounds foolish, her voice falling from closed lips, resounding from the soul bound to the beating heart inside. She prays to the deities of this land that this beast not find the heart within her body a tempting treat.

-- ayelet & saffron !! --
"Talking"
Ayelet

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice
I found it hard to understand.

So this sheep horned weirdo was the god of the Earth? I was surprised. Couldn't it look more pretty looking? I sighed though, it was amazing that I was watching a god speak. A god for pete's sake! It was just so different for me. I hadn't even believed in that kind of thing before I found Helovia. Let alone knew about it.

A voice called out my name, I couldn't place it as quickly as I could place the sound of the weak chirp from my forelock. I couldn't see her, but I looked up, like I was looking to the sky. A grey, dazzled, black-eyed newborn zebra finch was perched in my forelock. I smile, though remembering the voice, I look forward once again to see him. Aeolus.

I smile brighter. Someone my age to partner up with. And supposedly be pirates with. And come to think of it...the idea kinda sounded fun. More fun than partnering up with someone old and boring and slow! I nodded enthusiastically, almost forgetting the small creature was up in my mane.
"This is my new friend." I said, returning my gaze to the sky. And as if on cue, the little growing birdie moved into a better position in my matted forelock. Making her presence known with a small chirp of distress.

I remembered when I first found her dotted egg in that waterfall cave. A smile spreading my lips, and not just because I had one of the best partners ever. I remember when I felt a new presence slip into my mind. A soft fuzz made it's way in streaks across my mind. And I still felt it now, like a phone line waiting for the other to say something.

"We are totally going to blow this thing." The girl exclaimed with a devilish smile. Like she was going to get in trouble.

With AEOLUS!
& Wayne
Image Credit
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Learning about this supposed flood had brought some joy to her morning before she had discovered the rest of the details. Partners? Did they have to? What was the point of placing everyone with a partner when one could easily do something way better? Pulling herself from the cave she had spent the night in the dark mare stretched her wings before launching herself skyward. Rumor had it that there was some ship hunkered down in the meadow that was supposed to be their "saviour". Pfft really thats the best that they could come up with? A child could have conjured something better for gods sake. Climbing high over the clouds she took a few moments of absolute silence to think of all the wasted potential a flood could cause. They could finally get rid of the idiots who did not deserve to walk on the same soil as the rest of them. The weak and the ill could not swim for very long so they would take care of themselves but no someone decided they wanted to keep em all.

Bursting from the cloud layer she spiraled down towards the large gathering only to land a few hundred feet from the wooden boat. Eying it up she assumed it would get the job done but if it was her choice the boarding list needed to be trimmed down to size. Just say they were overloaded and another boat would come get the rest. Still it didn't mean that there would be another boat of course. Just create a few crocs to clean up the bodies, flood the world and there you go all taken care of. In her amusement she turned to find some mare walking up to her, giving her a once over before giving her approval. Excuse me? You guess? Biting her tongue to resist the snappy outburst she raised her eye to repeat the same process. Well if partners were a must she guessed that this one was alright. At least it wasn't some dumb idiot who couldn't tell left from right. Whatever challenges they would face she would put up with this mare long enough to get them finished but if she started slacking she would take the pleasure of throwing her overboard herself.

"Well shall we?" She commented to her partner with a smirk. Not caring to wait for a response she turned towards the loading docks to prepare herself for what was to come.

Rhea and Syrena

•• TAGS: @[Syrena] •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

She was off adventuring again. Meandering about the lands and trying to find peace with herself once again. Her mind was spinning at the thought of what had happened with that boy, the one who had found her in the fields one night sobbing. She hadn't seen him since then, and she couldn't help but miss him. Hazel eyes drooped slightly at the thought, before she noticed many of her herd members bolting off somewhere, as if something important was happening. Not wasting any time she followed, working knobby limbs and thrusting herself forward, wings fluttering behind her as she tried to keep pace, but soon fell behind.

Huffing, she resigned to a brisk trot, eventually making her way to heavenly fields. There was a large crowd there, so large of one that she almost failed to notice the hulking ship before it. Once she did though, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped in awe, admiring the architecture with utter adoration. Her dainty hooves carried her gracefully into the mesh of the crowd, finding herself nearly blending with them as she searched pleasantly for what they were staring at. Once she saw him, her eyes widened and she grinned again, sensing that this was just no ordinary equine. He held power, something else within him that Myrrine sensed, and she was about to go speak to him, when a familiar figure caught her eye.

Her heart almost stopped at the sight of him. He had been quiet of course, but even in his footsteps she couldn't have heard him. He must have practiced blending in well. Hazel eyes roamed his silver body, before they landed on his beautiful green eyes. The one she always found herself going back to. Maybe it was because they seemed to speak for themselves. He had uncertainty in them, fear it seemed, and she could only frown mentally, before bursting forward and embracing him tenderly. She considered him to be a close enough friend to be able to do this, and her cheek found his shoulder where she happily rested it, closing her eyes and enjoying his warmth.

"I've missed you! Come, we must go on the ship together! We'll make the perfect team," she chirped out, giggling and letting her head rub happily against him, before she playfully nudged his side, pressing hers to his and looking at him expectantly, waiting for him to take the lead. To think, he had done so much for her, and she still didn't even know his name.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

OOC: Cerin & Myrrine! Merin is setting sail!
WC: 421
TAG: Cerin
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3