the Rift

[OPEN] BOATS BOATS BOATS.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'M ON A BOAT

I ran ahead of Da. For a big guy, he's a little slow these days. Oh well, it's cool. My legs, growing longer and longer each day, carry me easily. I look around for... well, basically anyone. But seriously, like everyone was already in the fields.

Who am I supposed to tell?

Well. Step one. Get their attention. I skid to a halt and focus on a particularly lovely outcroppings of flowers in front of me. I channel the red feeling and focus all of my magic on that one spot. It explodes in a shower of petals and dirt.

"GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAAA" I scream at the top of my lungs, assuming that the explosions would get the attention of any in the area. Princess barking at my side indicates that something...isn't quite right. I stare at the black hellhound for a moment, my blue eyes blinking stupidly as I try to discern wtf he was going on about.

OHSHIT.

"BOAT." I scream again, eager to clarify. "GET TO DA BOOOOOAAAAATTTT."

"BOAT" Explosion. "BOAT" Explosion. "BOAT" Explosion.

Oxy/Shida.

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Why is she always running? You sigh dramatically and force your massive body into a trot, your bones radiating with pain as each step is like a new fracture being formed or joint being compressed. At least she stops finally, so you do too. The yelling is ok, you’re really not too bothered by it, but those explosions- even the shockwaves seem to spike your skin with pain.

Resisting the urge to indulge in your drugs, somehow, you endure another series of explosions as she screams and parades around. If she isn’t deaf by the time she’s two, you’re pretty sure her rat will be. Has Snowflake been teaching this one anything? It has no matters.

“Boats sink if you explode them,” you suggest to her, with a grimace of pain that you try to turn into a smirk of laughter. “But that doesn’t mean we can’t rock it.” Stomping your hoof, you release your warrior’s stomp magic, rumbling the earth around. If, between the two of you, you haven’t gotten the attention of everything on the whole mountain, you’re not sure that they’re worthy of getting on the boat anyway.

Oxy/Shida
Oxy
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
"Everyone make way to--"

I was cut short, having to dodge an explosion. An explosion. The world has gone completely mad! The smell of my own slightly singed coat teased adt my nostrils and one little hair in my forelock sizzled. Wide eyed I barely have the time to process the cause of the explosion before my hooves are rocked from under me by a shaking ground.

Panic clenches at my heart and it begins to race, trying to outpace the fear that threatened to take over. Had the God of the Earth already began to put his work into motion? Was I going to be too late to board his creation? Certainly he would give us longer than this! I scrambled to my hooves and began to move on. Getting everyone to the Earth God's place of safety was priority. It was time to push my fears aside and to act with the courage I dreamed of having.

A surprised laugh nearly as explosive as the bursts of flame being brought forth by a foal bounces from my lips and joins in with the chaos that seems to radiate from the young one. She is full of zest, and it is endearing in a strange way. Too many souls in Helovia have had the spitfire in them cruelly ripped away by their circumstances. This one seemed to get all of that spirit that others had lost. Their losses were her gain.

"Now that," I smile broadly at the filly, "would be a wonderful way to get rid of some stress." No other magic would have suited her seemingly explosive personality better.

Dipping my head in polite greeting I now address the stallion that I assume to be the filly's father.

"Your daughter is one to be proud of. What direction have you two came from?"

Kvothe and I could head in the opposite direction to alert anyone who had somehow missed hearing this wonderful pair.

OOC: Sorry about this being table-less. Posting from my phone.

@[Kvothe]
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

This time we wander to the Heavenly Fields, and from a distance I can hear faint explosions that leave the ground shaking beneath my hooves. Turning in confusion to the alabaster, I look back and move quicker to see what the hell the screaming and explosions were coming from. "What the hell?" I whisper, squinting to find a little filly howling and explosions wrecking the earth beside her, my eyes widening. Oh shit. I take a hesitant step back, Yseult screeching unhappily at the loud boom that erupts from the explosion, dirt flying everywhere. I look at the massive beast that pursued the little girl and her pup, accompanied by a speckled mare and roaned stallion, a brow raised in confusion at the oddly placed gathreing. "Just don't do that on the boat or you'll find yourself swimming with whatever surfaces during the flood," I shake my head gently, stepping forward and leaving behind the gathered horses. What a strange world. And a strange child. I hope the child Aurelia and I raise is nothing as explosive and energetic as that, that would be an absolute nightmare. I walk with the grey mare, mouth gaping as I call out to warn the others who were in the area about the upcoming flood and had maybe not heard the loudest boom and screams ever, although whoever didn't hear that was probably deaf or dead.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: Destry & Phantom !!
word count: 239

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
KVOTHE & ELODIN
War will weather the souls of the lost
Stand together whatever the cost
Shields will falter and many will fall
Time has come for us all
To answer the call

I seriously needed to exercise more. Rei moves ALOT faster than she seems, and I feel irked that she has to stick to the ground with me as we race off to warn the rest of Helovia.

For my troupe, I had no concern save hoping they returned to the ship in time; I had seen them together, Finn and Aisling, and saw as they too raced off to do the God's bidding. Elodin sprinted at our heels, and when the child could bear no more I quickly wrapped my tail around him and slung him onto my back, where he tangled himself into my mane and held on with his teeth.

However, unlike Rei, I was not so lucky as to have dodged the explosion.

The ground beneath me suddenly shot up, launching my back half into the air and pulling a sharp squeal of fear from my throat. I somehow land back on my feet, but Elodin is trembling like a leaf and I quickly soothe his fear before looking at the little assembly.

"Aye proud, but mayhap teach her to watch where she detonates the soil." I say, and to my pride my voice does not waver. "You have heard of the God's Ark, aye?" I look at all the strange faces, ears flicking back in concern.

Credits
Whit's tables were an inspiration

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And the stars are exploding in your eyes
It won't be long until you're running
This time, her dragon leads her on a chase. The burning girl, who wielded flame and ground-rumbling explosions, left a trail of smoke smoky air behind her, and Lil, winging his way from above, followed her aerially. Their combined senses led them on a path more than easy enough to follow, although Nym wasn't quite sure where they were going, or why they were following the anything-but-dainty unicorn; but she supposed it was fun enough anyways.

Ahead of them glows the mushroom-clouds, a boom which rattles in her bones. Faster, she urges herself, and she flies, skimming over the ground with the silky ease of one which knows her way. Occasionally her companion nudges her direction, gives her a route adjustment; and then she bursts out into the place of her birth.

Overhead, her black roars, clarion flame punctuating the filly's words: "MAKE WAAAY TO THE BOAT!"
Oh, damn it. Her voice cracks on the last syllable, embarassing obvious in her demanding cries. Skin flushes and she burns with heat, ruby eyes casting downwards momentarily before she trots towards the little herd huddled on the precipice above the world, seemingly oblivious to the dull advice of the adults. "Hey, girl! Those were some explosions!" An easy toss of her head accompanies her words alongside a ghostly wink. "I would l-o-v-e it if you tried to set me on fire one day!"

It's a dead-on challenge and she hopes the girl won't miss it.
Since— water vs. fire? That did sound quite fun.

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

Explosions. It was like a warzone and it made Phantom's skin crawl and mind reel with memories of fighting against pegasus warriors. It surprised her to find that the source of the explosions was little more than a suckling brat and who she assumed to be her braindead father that let her run rampant. If anything he only encouraged her with his smirk, but he was no better, she decided, when he sent the ground to trembling. "Blow up the boat and your father won't be able to protect you from the angry hoard that you throw into the water." She said pointedly to the pair. Shida was the exact reason why Phantom did not want to have children. With a snort she turned and began to walk with Destry once more to find others that didn't know about the boat and the coming flood. Her ears tilted back as she heard another child's voice and she wondered if they all had to yell to get their point across.

"."

SHIDA
I'M ON A BOAT

Da makes the ground shake, and I feel my stomach flutter. He is soooooo cool. I grin stupidly, prancing on the waves that radiate out from his hooves. "R-r-r-r-rock the boat!" I echo, happily.

That's when I notice her. Like a fucking dream, it's an adult who isn't bitching at me about my magic. My smile widens with pride as I puff out my chest a little and nod happily. "You don't even know." I confirm with a decisive nod. I don't even know the meaning of stress.

But .. then it was ruined. Surprise surprise, by an adult. Like, don't tell me how to live my life just because you're wasting yours. I toss my head impatiently towards Destry, huffing with youthful arrogance. "Duh. I explode things away from myself. " I snap, mentally taking note of her appearance. I'll be finding your room. I mentally vow. Fo sho.

The next one to speak sounds like a cartoon. Mayhap ? Aye ? The fuck is that? Does he know where he is? Like, this ain't no Renaissance fair, asshole.

The newest addition, a kid like me, seems a'ight. "Fuck yeah!" I confirm, nearly squealing with delight. Princess is now at my side, obviously unhappy about everyone who has gathered, but given that he's just a pup still I'm not really too sure what he's trying to accomplish. Like, obviously I'm the one with ballin' magical powers? I got this. Although now that I see that she has a dragon, I assume Princess is just jelly. It's cool. I wish I had wings too. I get it.

"I won't need protection." I reply sarcastically, shooting a (not) intimidating blue glare towards Phantom. "If I throw them into the water how are they going to get me?" I pose, obviously skeptical she can meet my oh-so clever challenge. I stomp a hoof into the ground (but unlike Da, it does nothing).

My gaze falls back towards Destry, the other one to challenge me and my explosions. Ears laid back against my skull, a large patch of earth erupts dangerously close to the assembled group.

"Don't forget to bring your floaties." I warn ominously as dirt and grass falls slowly from my explosion.

Oxy/Shida.

I snort at the child's remarks, ears flickin back as I meet her azule gaze. My own eyes reflecting a challenge, they seem to call out fight me. This child dare look at me like that? Who the fuck decided to raise such a foul little monster? My eyes dart to the bay stallion who caused the earth to tremor not too long ago, ears sliding back. Figures. Phantom, as the mare I considered my partner was named, tells the dramatic babe her father better be ready to save her from the angry mob if she blows the boat up. I laugh heartily at that, amused at the mare's humour. Serves there child right for thinking so ignorantly.

But there we go, the buckskin brat keeps babbling, finally shutting up and returning a menacing glare, focused solely on me. Beside me a large, thunderous boom causes me to step to the side, eyes widening in fright before I realize that's exactly what the teat-sucking buffoon wanted. Yseult screeches, clawing my crest and shrieking her way to the point between my ears, terrified of the recent explosions. Snorting with a sizzling rage, I dig beneath the surface to find myself throwing arching red lighting from my body, watching it collide from the ground a short distance from the girl, small flames catching upon the dry grass, growing larger as the suns warm rays encouraged the flames. "Try me, I dare you." Hadn't her parents taught her to respect her peers? Looking one last time at the brainless stallion praising the babe for her stupid actions, I come to a conclusion.

No, they haven't.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: Destry & Phantom !!
word count: -

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Man this kid was crazy. Not being able to resist following this walking comedy tour of explosions and yelling the gold creeps on the two. That foal was a firecracker, and being as Oxy followed without yelling at it, they must be partners. Were they more? It was possible. The golden was still too curious to stop. At each explosion he could resist a chuckle. He had to admit, though he didn’t care for the oaf following her, she was certainly a wild child. He also recognized a face or two. Seeing the spotted mare walk towards the two those earth eyes flash. Just what he was looking for. Slipping into invisible clothes the gold slinks forward. Then, another one! Oh that one had a horn too! As more gathered and tried their best to encourage or instruct the child on the consequences of explosions, the golden slipped up to Destry. Just close enough. Inhaling deeply he feels a turning of gears, locking in some essence. A wicked grin lights his face, and he-BOOM Golden body staggers backwards as an explosion goes off right in front of the brute. Shit man. Shaking his head the gold, now behind the group lets his body come back to sight. “If you blow up the boat, you’ll be in the water with them.” Then he chuckles in spit of himself. God he loved the tension, even if he almost ended up blown apart, this kid was certainly a trip. “Still, the entertainment will make it a lovely day on the lake.” Looking to Oxy the gold nods “Oxy, pleasure as always, better get on that boat before she blows.” A snicker and a spin sends the gold cantering off to warn others.

OOC:: Tag if want returned.
Identity Index:: Destry

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

“EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP,” you shout suddenly, bellowing because Thing #1 can do whatever the hell she wants to do and nobody can tell you otherwise. “Except you, Thing 1,” you add more quietly, looking down at her. “Oh, and I guess you,” you add to Rei, who had nothing but compliments for your daughter. The rest of them? They can go straight to hell. Especially since you’re basically sure you hate all of them anyways, and then Thranduil shows up, and you know you hate him. Talk shit about Snowflake… but, you showed him who was boss already. So he can just suck it and go away.

Your rage, fueled by the pain, boils over as you stomp your hoof and shake the ground again, widening your limbs so that you’re ready for the way the earth rolls and rumbles about. Step two? Make Destry wish she was dead. Releasing your blood magic upon her (it’s only fair, she’s threatened your daughter), you wait for the telltale signs that her blood cells are bursting beneath her flesh. You wait for the difficulty breathing, the gasping, the weakness, the dizziness… And if she tries to stick around after that? You think you’ll just stomp her into oblivion. You’ll definitely win.

Oxy/Shida
Oxy
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

SHIDA
I'M ON A BOAT

"Will not-" I sneer at Thranduil. I mean to say more, to tell him if I blow up one side of the boat, that the rest will float and you know I'll be on the winning side, but then little miss red opens her yapper again.

Flatly, my stare falls on her. What? Like I should give a shit just because she fell out of someone's vagina a few years before me?

Fuck that. I slow blink - you know what I mean, when you really sarcastically blink at someone as if you just can't even. "I double dog dare you-" I hiss, and as if to accentuate my words Princess growls at my side. It isn't intimidating at all since he's just a pup but, you know. It's the thought that counts.

Behind me Da shouts loud. I'm mostly used to it by now, but even so my shoulders twitch slightly as my body tenses with the force of his words. He's easily the tallest one here, the oldest, and the most badass, and right now I feel pretty darn good about being his kid. He calls me Thing 1, and I beam with pride. You might think it's insulting. Like, come on Oxy. Even you're smart enough to remember your own kids' name, but it's cool. I get it. The real point, is that if I'm thing 1, you know what that makes Auriel? Number fucking 2. Take that you vaping hybrid bitch. Da loves me more. IN YO FACE.

Da does that ground shaking thing, which I try to immediately help with. I can't shake the ground like he can, but you know what I can do?

Say it with me now.

On three. One ... two ...

MOTHER FUCKING EXPLOSIONS (aka three).

I aim an explosion right at the ground under Destry's hooves. I've actually never tried to explode anyone before, so I don't know what will happen. I can throw rocks and shit pretty high, but miss bitch over here looks like she weighs more than just a few rocks (if you know what I mean [if you don't, it's a fat joke. I'm calling her fat.]).

"HAH." The sound is almost a honk, it's basically just all the air in my system being forced out of my mouth at once.

Oxy/Shida.

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

It all went from bad to worse and Phantom could feel herself wanting to plant a hoof squarely in the middle of the brat's forehead. The arrival of others didn't make it any better, nor did Destry's little magic display. "Think about it you little whelp." The pale mare said to Shida. "If you blow even one little hole in the boat all you're doing is making room for water to leak into it. Then it'll sink and you will be in the water with everyone else. And if that happens I will drown you and your father myself." It was safe to say that Phantom had already had enough. They could not efficiently notify others of the flood and the boat if they had to deal with idiots like the father daughter duo they had just encountered. "And I'm sure the Earth God would just love for you to blow up the boat that he put together to save everyone."

Her stance shifted, hooves spreading and planting firmly to the ground when she saw the little whelp's father raise his hoof. Naturally he shook the ground again, but it was followed by another explosion, only this one was aimed at Destry. Child or not, Phantom had had enough. If her father wouldn't seek to punish her then Phantom would. Her head lowered and she lunged at the child. Her goal was to use her horns like a battering ram to knock the child over and distract both her and the hulking idiot father. "GO DESTRY!" She shouted at her partner before turning to run, herself. If, by some chance, she ever had children and they turned out like Shida she'd have to do away with them. The world didn't need anymore idiots.

"."

ooc://
phantom out

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Just realized posts were put up before this got posted. I will edit it tomorrow.

Realizing that I had not yet checked on my friends I turned and ran my eyes over Kvothe and Elodin. I doubted the Elodin's opinionated little self would put up with me checking him over so instead I focused on Kvothe. Running my muzzle down his neck I checked for any major burns. The thought of trying to find a healer in such a hectic time left me nibbling my lower lip in worry.

Once I had the satisfaction of knowing that all was well I turned back to the filly.

"We should hang out sometime and you could show me." A mischievous smile lit my face. I certainly was not the type to cause trouble or to make a lot of ruckus but it didn't mean that I am incapable of having fun. "What is your name?"

I tried to hide my smile that made its way across my face while watching the filly stand up for herself. Feeling the urge to laugh at some of her quick words I burying my face into my wing, busying myself with preening my feathers. The young thing was fearless. Seeing a foal as young as she facing down full grown adults was amusing. As an adult Shida would grow to be a force to be reckoned with.

I winked at her, I felt a respect for her and her ways growing in me. Shida is the type that will leave a mark on the world; and with her gift she could do so in quite the literal sense. Those offering harsh words to the filly are likely to be those of the type that see life through eyes fogged by seriousness. I agreed that she could and should be careful with her magic but teaching her to do so would be done by guidance, not by shouldering the headstrong thing along.

Not wanting to waste time bickering back and forth with those gathered I walked to the filly bending my neck to whisper into her ear. "Don't listen to them. Enjoy your magic. Don't let them make you grow up and forget how to let loose!" Leaning back I smiled at her and nodded once more at her father. The stallion seemed to deserve respect. He was probably kept rather busy.

"Now if we all walk over there," I nodded towards a clearing where there were no nearby trees or other things likely to catch fire, "Could you do an explosion in the air? Send it straight up, as big as you can and those that we haven't warned in the area will see it." Once more I leaned down to speak words meant only for her ears, "Show them just how cool your magic is. Make 'em jealous. You would be the hero."
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Code:

I was infuriated by this time, listening to the brainless father of the buckskin brat howl for everyone to shut up. And what the fuck was breathing on me? Turning my head I find that no one's there. the fuck? Averting my eyes to dumbass 1 and his little princess and her pup, I almost screamed make me, the rage inside brewing and bubbling, ready to boil over the top. I swear my ears were bellowing steam as I bore a deadly glare into the side of the fat ass father and his airhead daughter. Somehow the black and white winged mare got a pass on shutting up, why? I don't fucking know. I snorted loud and clear, watching a large feathered good rise from the ground, seeing Phantom shift her stance so that she stood wider, I mimicked her posture just in time to watch the brute slam his hoof to the earth, the ground rumbling. A sick squeal flies from Yseult, and I flatten my ears as I feel my magic burn within me, bubbling and brewing, aimed right towards the wicked little snot. I hope she catches fire, her or her dad's fat bum gets scorched. Phantom screeches for me to run as my head begins to drift to the clouds but my body remains, stomach churning and legs wobbling. Fuck, I turn tail and run clumsily forward, my lungs collapsing in as I struggle to breathe but get but little gasps I air, dirt and debris brushing against my pelt as the dipshit kid tries to blow me up. Lightning arches from my body as I force myself to draw in breath despite the horrendous pain, finding it no help. I open my wings, trying to catch my balance as I jump from the ground, sparks trailing after my hooves as I rise from the ground. I summoned the magic within me, letting it fly behind me towards whoever the fuck decided it would be nice to stand in the way of fiery red lightning. I repeatedly strike with my lighting, dizzily circling the group to make sure Phantom was alright before finally fleeing with anger bubbling in my blood (or the bay bastard's magic, which was causing me a lot of problems as I try to fly straight). I hope that father daughter duo watch out cause guess whose room is catching fire "accidentally"? Yeah, that's right. Look out you foul bitches.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: Destry out !!
word count: -

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

Surprisingly, Rei takes your shouting much better than you expected. You can’t remember the last person who reacted so reasonably to you yelling about… well… nothing. Strange. If you weren’t so worried about what the hell was going on all around you, you might actually take the time to… you don’t even know. Say hi? How do you converse with normal horses? Even your conversations with Snowflake never really make much sense.

Anyways, at least some of the yelling seems to be getting better. Half the crowd disburses, probably due to the sweet combination of shaking ground and explosions and lightning and bitte-

Wait. Lightning?

You fucking hate lightning. So much! Except it doesn’t seem to matter what you like. As Rei is saying something to your daughter, encouraging her to explode whatever her heart desires, you’re being assaulted by STUIPD RED LIGHTINING! Is she Ampere’s daughter? She better not be Ampere’s daughter. You’ll kill them both. Bellowing in anger after Destry and Phantom as they retreat, you withdraw into yourself and try to deal with the throbbing pain of lightning and phantom agony that the Moon Goddess has provided you with.

Oxy/Shida
Oxy