the Rift

[OPEN] TASK 1

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS
pop a top off and get your good time on -

"Go far and wide and spread the word of what I am doing. Then return soon!" The god's voice rang out clearly over the mass of partners that had congregated in front of the living boat. His message was obvious, we who had been here to witness the building of the arc were meant to go and inform those who didn't know that the world they knew would soon be a giant puddle. Dark harks flicked to the side as I glanced over to the sun kissed mare I would be shacking up with for the duration of the flood, be it a day or a few months we would be side by side through the whole event.
A soft smile crossed my features as I glanced over my shoulder to where the black ball of feathers was nestled in close to the joint between my wings where he stayed unless he was feeling adventurous. Content that the hatchling was safe where he was I turned away from the boat and headed to the Rotunda in which I had found Barnabas' speckled egg. Surely someone there had been too distracted by the stunning lights and colors to notice a huge ship being built.

---

Glancing behind me as I splashed through the brook that lined the ancient stone building, I hoped to see the curious Jahzara behind me. If I had left her behind in the mix I doubt it would be easy to explain to her or the interesting creatures that seemed to riddle her mind. An irritated squeak came from my shoulders as a few stray drops of water fell onto the head of the infant, but the only response he got from me was a slight chuckle before my attention was drawn to the shining lights of the Rotunda. Surely there was something here that needed saving.

Be it another of our own species or one of a harder to understand species that we would need to draw it out for. "Jahzara, do you see anything?" My deep voice reached out through the bird's songs where it would hopefully reach the ears of my cheerful partner so we could start the task and get back to the ship as quickly as possible.

"blah blah blah."
Tag | @[Jahzara] , @[Maren], @[Alija]
Words | 378
Notes | Task One for the "Shipping" plot!

Image by Dima Viunnyk @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

" By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world. "

What had happened to her just now? The wows, so much energy. Where had it suddenly come from? Had it been part of the ark's hypnotism? She looked around with suspicioun in the burgundy shades of her eyes, searching for the brilliant colored mare now that she herself had ran off like an imbecile.

She hadn't wanted to run away, though. She wanted to get in the freaking boat and then sail the Pretzel away. On to glory; into the oblivion that were the onyx sea and silver foams. She wanted the storm to wield and strike and wash away all that had already been lost - what had already been lost before the rains that were appearantly going to break loose. Her gaze searched for unknowing souls, but found rocks. Like these ancient looking monuments, for instance. Hadn't these been lost and found over and over again?

In a swift movement her head jerked up when a voice sounded. She turned her gaze towards the horse that stood there, in the distance. "No", she answered, blinking. "And I'm also not Jahzara." She added murmuring with her ears slightly pointed to the back, still not moving from where she stood. Finally recovering from her confusion and the still lingering XTC in her bloodstream, she remembered the whole point. "HEY." She spontaneously decided to shout. Then she finally put her body into motion. "You need to go to the giant boat in the Meadow, because the sky is going to wash away all that's grounded soon." She wasn't going to try and push him, after all; the less creatures came aboard the more space she and her partner would have to sleep. She instinctively began looking around if she could spot some pink between the lush green of the bushes, for they would need to stick together. <3

@[Alija]
|| Notes: W00T W00T || Wordcount: || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
"Your wings--"

I blushed and coughed on my words. The mare that I had stumbled upon had wings placed daintily on her brow. She was different, unique, and I had not excepted a sight like hers. My surprise and slip of tongue had been of good nature but I knew from experience the treatment that being different could lead to. I prayed to the gods that she did not take my reaction to be one of disdain or of any other sort of ill nature. Bowing my head deeply to the pretty mare I offered a sincere apology.

"I did not mean to be rude! I have never seen wings like yours. They are actually quite beautiful. You are lovely!"

Now I was grinning toothily at the stranger. After all, strangers are nothing more than friends that you have not met yet, right?

"I am Rei of Dragons Throat!"

Hardly the time to be introducing ourselves or to even consider making idle chat, but I was enraptured by the mare. Where had she came from? Surely it was somewhere fantastic and full of wonders. The mare looked like a princess had stepped straight out of one of the fairytales that my mother had loved telling so much.

A fond smile crossed over my face as I remembered her telling my nightfall stories. All too often she would tell her favorites repeatedly until my father and I knew them word for word. He would chuckle to himself quietly while I continued to act surprised by the events in her tale.

"I have been trying to get word out to everyone about the Earth God's plan. Do you know if there are more in this area?"

My ears tipped in two directions, one directed to the mare and the other towards the stallion. There were so many other questions that I would rather be asking and a slight pout crossed my face.

OOC: Sorry for the table-less post. I am posting from my phone.

@[Kvothe]
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By"

It seemed that the pegasus stallion had no problem in accepting Lily's wish to become partners, and was quickly headed off to complete the first task given by the Earth God. Turning to follow the stallion, Jahzara called back to her hallucination, still bouncing away with excitement about getting to go on a boat. The stallion didn't get too far ahead when Lily joined her side, for most of the way she was able to keep him within her sight. 'Speedy little bugger, ain't he?' Lily asked, huffing and puffing to keep up the pace beside the golden vixen. As he began to weave into trees, Jahzara had to rely on her nose and hearing to keep up with the pegasus. She could barely hear if she had seen anything and picked up the paste to try and reach his side. However, before she could reach them she overheard another amre claiming that she wasn't Jahzara. Lily gave an amused snort and a roll of her eyes, and they broke through the foliage. 'Well, DUH you ain't Jay, featherhead.' Lily blurted as soon as she saw the other mare. Jahzara cleared her throat, shooting a glare to the nonexistant purple pony for insulting the stranger.

Returning her attention to the pair, she flashed a broad smiled to the strange winged mare. The stranger was quite pretty, but unusually so with her unique...mutation? That sounded so grotesque though, she needed a prettier word for the description but had no time to think of it. "Well of course you aren't Jahzara, I am, silly!" The arabian cross giggled, flicking her flaxen tail against her spotted flank as she stepped next to Artorius. "And yeah, we know about that. We are trying to find people that-" Her words were interupted by the voice of another mare, a spotted pegasus this time that gave a friendly introduction. Jahzara dipped her muzzle towards Rei before shaking her head in response. "I'm not sure, so far everyone already knows. But it's nice to meet you Rei! I'm Jahzara, and this is Artorius." She tossed her dished muzzle towards the black stallion, but given she didn't know the funny winged mare's name, stopped her introductions there.

"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
KVOTHE & ELODIN
War will weather the souls of the lost
Stand together whatever the cost
Shields will falter and many will fall
Time has come for us all
To answer the call

Another place, and more people in pairs, save one queer mare with wings not atop her shoulders, rather behind her ears. Had this not been a day to rush around like madmen, I would have been curious. As it was, I nudged Rei with my muzzle.

"Come Rei, they know, and we must speed on. There could be others within the woods that do not know." I turn to look at the group, bowing my antlered head. "Forgive my bluntness, but we must make haste."

There were so many within this land, and all needed to know of the God's cleansing. None should die on a day meant to heal. That done, I nudge Rei once more before turning on my heels and leaping back into the forest. I would probably move faster as a stag, so once out of sight I draw the magic up, stifling my cries of agony as bones break and reform.

What feels like an eternity later, I stand as a stag, white coat gleaming before I bellow, the sound akin to that of an elk's, letting Rei know of my location before I bound off, moving much more swiftly in this form, Elodin still holding fast to my back.

Credits
Whit's tables were an inspiration

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And the stars are exploding in your eyes
It won't be long until you're running
This is where her mother had fought for her bones. She remembered it well; the colors glittering off the ivory skin Confutatis had worn, Mongrel cloaked in the shadows at the base of the Ancient Rotunda, and mother's lips curling into the cruelest of smiles as she danced into war. The Reaper— and he was the Reaper, for those images had been ingrained in her skull by Mongrel's hand, and he she never forget even while she mixed up Midas and Africa— he had scared her, shaken her, to the very depths of her core.

It was still beautiful here, even if tainted ever-so-faintly by that foul day where the magic had gone mad and blood ran almost black.

There is a brief pause as her head tosses over her shoulder to look for Volterra— he was somewhere, no doubt, but she had given him the slip for the time being. Despite his long legs, his fat build just didn't hold to endurance, not quite as nicely as her streamlined, flexing sinews. Nor did his dragon, being so young and brazen red, quite know how to fly so well as dear Lil.

Then she tucks away her worrying thoughts and focuses at the task at hand. "GET TO THE BOAAATTTTT!" The twin cries, her voice ringing out clarion (much to her relief -- it had been so embarrassing when her childish squeal had cracked.)

Ruby retinas turn towards those grouped at the Rotunda, perky and bouncing with ecstatic energy. "You got a point, sir," she decrees to Kvothe. After Lil's shrill reprimand at her informal greetings to Archibald, the dark grullo had reined in her tongue. Punctuation and proper pronunciation was vastly important to Confutatis, along with fancy adjectives.

"Where have you guys been so far?" She asks after a pause, tufty tail flicking across her rotund hindquarters.

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

He stalks as far and fast from that girl as he is able to in such a short time--furious with her and the god who dares command him into action. The god he forgives the most easily, for there is respect to be found in the power and awesome might of the Earth; he cannot abide by the orders spit from the ugly slashed mouth of the rusted bitch, nor can he abide by the bursting fury (or is it a thrill?) that rises in his gut at her audacity.

No, matter.

He goes from them, as far as he can, and he screams his frustrations in the idiotic guise of a warning.

"Little girl, you've been meddling far and wide," he growls to a familiar young filly, just as foolish and tiny as she had been in the meadows, "when you should be turning your little ass around and getting to tHE BOAT!!" He screams this last, for it is just not for her daft little mind--but for any and all who failed to hear the message the first thousand times it was called up and down the land...

[Reggie's--um--helping]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
She follows, his flaming shadow when he tries to run, a harbinger of justice and keeper of the beast. Of course he leads her here, to this place which is polluted by him, reeks of him and is haunted by his memories, his magic, his taste. She snorts, discontent, lacking in her duties, disregarding the command of the Earth until she reaches him, and others, stopping to rest beside the boy, black eyes an ardent, unforgiving glare.

Luckily her brother has not been slacking, but has stopped to speak to bird and rodent, predator and prey, his kind. He returns to her as she pauses, listening to the screaming cries, the rising chaos-

"This place is called; we should go on," she intones, looking upon the assembled crowd, refusing to make contact with the silver-eyed beast. There is little more adding her screams to the mix will do- better that they keep moving, find more to warn, then linger and deepen the depravity, the fear.
Tandavi

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
Pride of Summer’s shores
Guide the voices of kings
Children of bark
They will tighten their strings

Soon enough Finn was at her side, his smile and size making her feel less alone in the midst of all these big folk. It was a comfort, in all the rising confusion to have a friend along for the journey. “I suppose he must be a God, just look at the size of the ship he has built…” Her voice was a hum of excitement, not quite grasping the danger that presented itself. At the God’s command, pairs were breaking off to run or fly across Helovia. This was the start of something big, stories and songs would be written about the great flood, it there really was going to be one, and the lass was already imagining the glory of them in her mind.

Swept up in the thrill of adventure, Aisling tuned to her golden friend with a smile “We had better be moving then, and warn those we can.” Not losing her dancing step even in her haste, the lass picked up her feet and ran as fast as she could, counting on Finn to follow.

Even with all her haste, it seemed that her shorter legs kept her behind the tide of news. So far everyone had seemed to have been warned, and the white lass felt a twinge of disappointment that she wasn’t being very helpful. There was a bellow in the distance, a stag’s call, and she turned to Finn “Is that Kvothe? Do you think he knows?” When she arrived at the stone monument and found a small group assembled there, she stopped to catch her breath. Immediately, she looked back for Finn, and only when she caught his reassuring gaze did she turn to the others “Will you folks be knowing of the boat already, then?”

- - -

"talk talk talk"
Notes: S.S. Finsling

Credits:
Table by Tribs - Whit's tables were an inspiration
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
The boat had been massive, much larger than it had appeared from the outside. She smiled softly as her white and tiger stripped partner as they exited the ship. Steel blue eyes watched the girl flounce away giggling softly she followed at a slower pace following her more by scent than sight. The sound of voices tickled her ears, trotting to catch up the lady hung out in the background listening for a moment before entering. There was already a large crowd gathered around. her bubbly partner, a black and white stud, a black and white horned stallion, a foal, a spotted mare(also from the Throat), her golden leader, and a blue roan stallion.

Lifting her pink badger marked antlered head she entered the clearing smiling softly. She dipped her dome respectfully first to her leader then everyone else. "We must all hurry and spread the word to others that where not present. I am Alija by the way, it's a pleasure." Steely eyes gazed slowly over everyone before striding over to her tiger stripped partner.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 176
Tags:
Note:
Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.