the Rift

[OPEN] like ships in the night

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
would you mind if I killed you?

The Reaper didn’t really want to spread the word and try to save everyone. If the world was suddenly rid of idiots, of morons, of fools, then he couldn’t quite see the harm in not sharing the secret. Begrudgingly, however, he settled about their given task, purposefully setting out towards his homeland, because the creatures within would be the only ones he’d even think to save. They were his family, his kin, his protected and safeguarded inhabitants, and beyond the thoughts of darkness, of malice, of murder, they were always the first ones he sought. The Basin members, and by establishment its other flora and fauna, were the only things he’d be interested in liberating and extricating from harm. He slithered and roamed into the deepest portion of their valley, beyond the wake of caves and caverns, pacing and placing his form by the cool, reflecting lake. From there, his vocals rang in an insistent bellow, a call he’d hastened before in times of peril and potency, and whether or not true danger would befall them, he was certain not to leave them out in the dark and deluge. “The Earth God seeks to cleanse our world. There is a boat you must all attend to.” He paused, giving forth an infernal shrug towards his companion, Thranduil, as if that was all to be said. As an afterthought, he pulsed another roar. “Bring a friend.”

[Task 1! @[Thranduil]]

would you mind if I tried to?

Deimos
Credits

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

felling any foe with my gaze
steadily emerging with grace

aviya                </style>

Aviya perked her head up, tail giving a simple flick. In the distance, she saw her Lord moving with haste. Curious to his purpose, Aviya left the mouth of her cave and trotted toward him and the golden stag that followed in his wake. Lifting her beautiful, delicately featured head Aviya inspected Deimos. He seemed tense--more so than usual--annoyed, even, tipped over his threshold by something greater than them. The dark princess' ears flicked back into her frosted mane for a second, preparing herself for the king's news. However, as the words fell from the cinereal beast's mouth, all Aviya could think of was her father. She needed to find him, get to this boat, get to safety. He was all that she cared about in the world. Above her siblings, above her herd, above Varath and Tamlin and their flickering memories, Aviya loved her father. She would find him, take him to the Thistle Meadow. She had not been to the beautiful glade in ages, it seemed.

Turning on her heels, Aviya sprinted on black cloven hooves towards the Mender's cave. "FATHER!"
@[d'Artagnan]

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik
the engineer

Ulrik strode in a bid of a cloudy mood toward the Aurora Basin, trying to move quickly. His long, thick lion's tail worked like a ballast at his hocks, swinging with the rhythm of his gait, and he glanced back at the white mare who followed. The Engineer offered her a tight, polite smile - which was incredibly rare for the strange, distant stallion. Soon enough, the cascading halls of their home approached, and he moved to their sentinels, hearing Deimos give warning to the herd along with Aviya.

"Help me with these?" he suggested, going to the one, complete sentinel and pressing a small button on the side of its leg. There, he urged it to move. The great, metal beast began to amble down the path, whirring and trembling setting the behemoth in motion. Ulrik showed Arah how to do the same, and he started the trek back. "Just keep an eye on them," he said quietly. "Make sure you stay in the sight of those red, glowing orbs. They will follow you."

The engineer looked over his massive shoulder, wondering if anyone else would come assist.

"TORLEIK!" he yelled. "GET YOUR FANCY ASS OVER HERE AND HELP!" Ulrik saw his cousin and his scary, dragon-friended bitch walk over. He eyed her warily and said nothing.

@[Arah] !!! :D

"Talking"
Image Credit to Imi

(Please tag me in every post)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia the Forsaken

I build bridges with these arms
I will not build a fortress

Ophelia had felt her heart sigh in relief when Torleik decided that he could team up with her for these tasks. She had been rejected in the past, and putting her heart on the line was not easy to do. The pale princess listened to their first task, immediately thinking of those who were under her care in the Aurora Basin. Also, Ulrik, Torleik's relative, seemed to take off in that direction rather forcefully. Ophelia pointed with her muzzle toward their engineer, a question in her eyes for their destination.

In agreement, they walked quietly, comfortably, to their home. Fortunately, Deimos had already arrived to warn the others to pair off and go to the boat, but Ulrik was wrestling with their large, metal sentinels. "It's almost... romantic how he dotes on those," she muses with a light chuckle. Then, she worked to help Ulrik and Arah move the sentinels south, watching their footing to make sure the metal things did not fall over.

The entire time, she stole glances at Torleik, needing to converse with him privately. Maybe soon. Maybe on the boat?

@[Torleik]

talk talk talk

image credits

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Fancy ass

Torleik opened his mouth when Ulrik bolted, something rather strange for the Engineer. He was distracted and strange, certainly, but rarely did he bolt off like a fired projectile. Opheila's questioning glance was met with a shrug from the Bloodskald, and they both loped off after the rabicano's cousin curiously. A deep bellow soon broke the air, Ulrik demanding that his familial tie get his 'fancy ass' over there and aid him.

Now that was quintessential Ulrik.

Snorting in amusement, he nodded to Phi's observation. "My cousin is the reason there is the phrase 'married to one's work,'" he murmured, coming alongside Arah - who he didn't think he'd ever interacted with directly prior to now - and ensuring the Sentinels followed the proper path. "Fear not, my unwashed cousin; I shan't let your most precious possessions be lost in the deluge," Torleik called out with sarcasm, his exceptionally eloquent speaking meant to enhance the humor.

It did not go unnoticed by the Basin General that Ophelia kept glancing his way and he probed Irelyn's mind briefly. 'Do I look amiss?'

Her owlish face turned, eyes observing him. 'No. Maybe could bathe. Why?'

The beast rolled his eyes. 'I do not have the ability to preen like you. Perhaps if my hygiene offends you so, you could see to my mane and tail, hm?

Irelyn's mirth made him chuckle internally, and he turned his attention to his partner once more. Torleik wanted to ask if everything was all right, but should he? "Is something...wrong?" the Bloodskald rumbled in a quiet brogue, his muzzle close to Phi's ear. Her glances were stolen, clandestine things and he wondered if, perhaps, she had a secret or observation she needed to share with him.

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
They moved quickly, covering as much ground as possible back to Aurora Basin. The fae princess followed in The Engineer's tracks, little was exchanged between them since he had shared his plans back in Thistle Meadow. Wynter followed them although she flew, happily keeping an eye out for danger. After a while she found her eyes watching the way his long, thick lion's tail worked, swinging with the rhythm of his gait. Smiling she adverted her eyes and it wasn't until he glanced back at her that she looked in his direction again. The Engineer offered her a tight, polite smile which she returned, though perhaps hers was a touch lighter. She resisted the urge to wink at him, curious as to how he would react; probably would just ignore her. Looking away she did her best to hide the smile of amusement and muffle her laughter. Faster than she expected their beautiful and vast home approached and they moved to the scary sentinels. Her gaze wondered over to Deimos' as he gave his warning cry and The Nightshade's eldest daughter, Aviya.

Ulrik called her attention back quickly enough and she moved to stand beside him, at first she just observed having never worked with the sentinels before. Going to the complete sentinel, the doe watched as he moved and pressed a small button on the side of its leg. There, he urged it to move. Her amazement must have shown on her face as the great, metal beast began to ramble down the path. It was whirring and trembling setting the huge creature in motion. The Engineer now showed the fae how to do the same, before he started the trek back. "Okay. I've got it, Ulrik." Her hymn is quiet, not over confident or cocky. Anyway she can help.
'Don't fuck up...don't fuck up.' Wynter cried her amusement from above.
Ulrik made it all seem rather easy, so Arah followed suit...although she was dying to know what would happen when they got back to the boat. Would the machines go crazy and just slaughter everyone in sight? Or would they add everyone to the memory bank and allow everyone to pass into The Basin?
Ulrik would have a plan, she was sure.

The Engineer looked over his massive shoulder, then let out a yell for Torleik to come assist them. Arah quickly found herself with both The General and Ophelia, she gave each a nod in greeting before chuckling in response to Torleik's comment. "It's...endearing for sure." Still smiling and probably enjoying the situation more than she should Arah drifted after Ulrik, being sure to stay close to the mechanical monster. Wynter finally came to land beside her bonded, barely sparing a glance for either Torleik or Ophelia. 'Sé aisteach', the griffin's eyes were set upon The Engineer. 'Is ea.' Arah responded to Wynter, now glancing at Ulrik from time to time.

[[Translation : Sé aisteach - He strange. | Is ea - Yes.]]
Kissing the Frozen Flowers
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Tagging along with grump face over there wasn’t exactly a thriller. To be honest there were a thousand other horses he could have partnered up with. Course he would have had to introduce himself but that was a minor issue. No, it wasn’t for the deep down comradery that the golden called upon the dark devil that lead him through the Basin valley. Nope. It was for the pure entertaining fact that he could. The golden was having more than a little laugh at this, and god was it rich. He passes by the dark creature as he stops to call out by the lake. " “I’ll get these…partner.” The golden kept going. He had a little stop to make before he ran around calling all the hillbilly egotistical baddies. The small fawn which usually followed close at his heels was left in the thistle meadow by the ship. The gold would deny every attempt to say it was out of care for him to be close to safety. Coming to his cave the gold grabs his beloved prizes. Stashing most in the satchel on his shoulder. Clipping his large gold cloak on the golden trots out. He watches the sentinel’s move of with a smirk. Shaking his horned head the gold canters back down into the valley towards the far end of the hot springs. Voice rises above the steam. " “Rise and shine sleeping beauties! Don’t want to be sleepin’ with the fishes! You heard the Lord!” The golden’s head swung with a craziness, and laugh.

OOC ::
Identity Index:: None
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.