the Rift

[OPEN] get aboard --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I moved forward over the ground, deciding that we would head to the Grove as soon as the first task was given. I worked quickly, nostrils flaring as I charged to the Grove. Here it was the lovers laid together, roosting for the night as whispering sweet poetry into one another's ears. My stomach twisted at the thought of laying beside Aurelia and telling her all my feelings, spilling out how much I longed to stay by her side with my wing wrapped around her body to keep her close.

Turning my head to the mare I had been paired with, I decide to strike up casual conversation as I slow my pace to stride beneath the willow trees that swayed gently in the warm Tallsun breeze. "I'm uh- Destry, by the way— thought you might want to know." Turning my head back, I open my lips and wail, "If there is anyone out there, please! There is a flood on its way! There is a boat in the Thistle Meadow!! I suggest you head there for safety!" I look back at my partner, jumping forward into a run to rise into the air with Yseult gripping desperately to a chunk of forelock, circling over the Grove to scream my message a few more times with hesitation churning within my gut.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: Destry/Phantom !!
word count: 225

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

The longer they lingered, the less confident Hector felt that they could ignore the God of the Earth’s warning – he was unwilling to risk the wellbeing of his charge. The crowd gathered swayed to the tune of the earthen voice, and the giant rested delicately feather-tips upon her so that their contact would not be lost in the chaos. At last the deity announced that each pair needed to spread into the reaches of the Helovian landscape and spread forth word of his warning.

Everyone was to gather aboard the mighty ship, and he could only guess that ignorance would mean death.

"Isa," his breast bellowed, singing for her ears alone. "Our herd will not be forsaken..." it seemed natural that their highly competent Sultan would take warning back to the desert, and so another plan formed within the confines of the copper stallion’s strategic skull. "I will take you west – an adventure..." he sighed heavily, and turned across pivoting hooves to begin.

He set off at a hearty trot – a pace that would insist she canter if not gallop. The mission would push her, but Hector never doubted the yearling’s pluck. He dared not take her any further than the Grove, and as they arrived between the steamy stew of stagnant air and musky hue, he found the familiar figure of an aspiring desert spy. "Aye, Destry!" He called with little regard for the lulled atmosphere surrounding.

Thoughtfully he turned to Isara and mentioned the striking hybrid’s place in their home.

All pleasantries aside - the unicorn in their kin’s company considered – Hector turned from the other pair’s company to continue their quest.

Hector and Isara

@[Isara]

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

The silence as they traveled did not bother Phantom because she was used to travel without speaking. Rather than take the lead and decide on where they should go to inform others of the pending flood she let Destry take the lead. They had only been paired for a very short amount of time, but Phantom could tell that there was something on the girl's mind. It was the look on her face, somewhere between blank and fearful, that tipped her off. Before she could ask, however the girl spoke and introduced herself as Destry. "I am Phantom." She replied just before Destry made the announcement about the boat.

There was another in the Grove, one who sported the same wing and horn combination as Destry and it made Phantom wonder how many bore the same traits. Phantom moved to stand shoulder to shoulder with Destry, her crimson eyes locked on the stallion and other young girl with him. "There is little time to stand around and chat." She informed the group. "We should spread word as quickly as possible and get back to the boat." Phantom looked to Destry, then. "I do not fancy swimming after the boat."

"."

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And the stars are exploding in your eyes
It won't be long until you're running
There's a dead sweat breaking over her skin and she's trembling; whether from sheer exhaustion or fear she can't tell. It's become an incomprehensible blur, of running and chasing and Volterra beside her, and she's dog-gone tired but knows she must keep going. Even as her nerves scream at her for rest, she barrels on, ignoring the whining of her body in favor of saving lives, as Nym so considers it. Lil urges her on, taking as many thermals as he can on the way to give his wings rest.

When his thoughts twine to hers, concern twinging his admiration for his companion's endurance, she sees herself in his eyes. Her nostrils are flexed so wide they ribbon red, matching the ruby of her gaze, and it makes a faint smile queasily quirk up one side of her mouth. Mother would be proud of her— and speaking of which, where is her infamous World Eater?
A glimpse of Confutatis safe, tucked away in the Ark, rolls through Nym's scalp, and she glances towards his companion.
Of course he's right.

There rumbles in her ears another roar of warning, and she adjusts her path as to meet the perpetrator of the call. Ahead there forms a shape hard and sinewy, black and white and red, horned and winged both; an impressive and fearsome specimen. Another briefly passes by, but Nymeria feels no need to continue on her waltz without halt.

Others may have walked or trotted around, but she had galloped fast and long. A break would be well-deserved.
"Damn," the filly muses aloud. "I probably should've told those I came across where they were supposed to go..." A flash of irrational guilt rips through her. Eyes turn towards Destry and Phantom, lips shifting into a vaguely petulant scowl. "If my brother and I had wings, we would be able to beat you all."

Eyes flash indignantly at the unicorn mare's quiet words, lips curling back into a savage and unseemly snarl. "Mit gondolsz, miért ők Folyton mondom, hogy menjünk vissza? Nem tudják, mi vagyunk elég idős ahhoz, hogy figyeljen magunkat?" The Hungarian words are lovely on her tongue, filled with seething malice directed towards none; they're for Volterra's ears only, and she has no intent for any others to understand.

Perhaps she's to grow to be a bitch, but she's a clever one at that.

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

The group that surrounded the wooden thing and the winged stallion who gave out orders grew larger with each passing minute. It started to make me feel slightly uneasy. I had never been around so many living, breathing bodies at once. Hector must have been ill at ease too because I could feel some of his feathers touching me as others pushed and shoved to get a better visual of the event laid out before us all. Or was he just trying to comfort me? Either way, I was grateful for his constant watchful eye.

I looked to Hector as people began to leave the place in order to warn others. Surely we had people we could warn about the oncoming floods? Concern grew upon my face as I couldn't recall much of anyone besides Hector, Hertz, and several other foals from Dragon's Throat. But all of those people seemed like they already had received the message. So who would we pass the word onto?

My head bobs up and down as Hector says that our herd will not be forsaken and that we'll go to the west on an adventure. An adventure at a time like this? This was no time for an adventure was it? We had to find as many as we could and tell them...ohhh now I get it. It's like a quest of sorts.

Hector surprises me a bit by taking off at a speed that was faster than I had ever gone before. With knowing the task at hand and the potential of a life or death situation hovering over our heads, I didn't hesitate to follow and try keep up with him. It was harder than he made it seem to be though. A couple of times I found myself stumbling over my own hooves and a few more times I found my oversized wings catching the wind and slowing me down. It took every ounce of concentration I had to make sure that I didn't fall behind nor wipe out.

It was a while before Hector slowed down at all and when he did it was because we had come across a group of equines. One winged and two wingless. I gulped between my ragged breaths. Destry...he called out to the one with wings. Shortly after he turned to me and told me that this Destry was from Dragon's Throat and was some sort of spy person. What was a spy? What did they do? Maybe some day I'd get the chance to ask someone those questions, maybe it'd even be Destry, but today was not the day for idle chatter. The world was going to flood soon and everybody needed to get to the wooden structure in the meadow.

Teal eyes looked at the wingless equines, but I warily clung to Hector's side. Despite the fact that they were wingless they, I suppose, deserved the right to have a chance at life. No matter how evil their intentions might be.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 499
TAGGED;; @[Hector]
OOC;; Isa is here 8D

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
White December

It wasn't long before everyone was moving, shuffling in every direction and pushing past everyone and everything to reach their destinations. The woman huffed in annoyance, and her steel gaze was scanning around for a direction to take. Seeing as Rostislav seemed content to be her partner, she was moving forward, working her way through the fellow equines and simply going. She didn't pay attention to where she was going, only moving, and before she knew it they were leaving the fields and entering a grove of sorts. She didn't pay much mind to it, she hadn't been here before and didn't know the use for such a place despite finding the willows and pond to be rather serene. The sensation was short-lived however, when a familiar figure caught her attention. The blotched hide of white and brown, the awkward large wings, and those unmistakable teal eyes, it hit her like a speeding train and December had to stop, to catch her breath that had caught in her throat and tightly choked it.

She was... here. Where was the beast that brought her home from the Threshold? Why would he have left her alone? Did he fucking leave her alone? Suddenly she was stomping forward, ears flat and ready to rip someone a new one for leaving the terrified filly alone, but she stopped quite a few feet away when she finally saw the orange brute, right at her side, and introducing her to another winged mare. Her eyes softened and a soft breath of relief escaped her maw, before her expression returned to one of blankness, and her head was swinging to meet Rostislav's gaze, looking at him and calmly speaking,"We should discuss with them and move forward from there. Unfortunately, communication is essential in this task." She rolled her eyes in an attempt to put on a show, more for Rosti than for herself, because in all honesty, she wanted to speak to the girl again.

She wanted to do more than talk honestly, she wanted to embrace her, take her to her side and bring her home like she had longed to all along. The filly needed a mother, not a male who thought he knew what he was doing. Surely he wasn't doing a good job. Her bulk was closing in on the group, working itself to the edge of the circle, keeping her distance until formally welcomed, eyes every so often flitting to the filly. What should she say? What would she even say? She had nothing to say, she was the enemy in her eyes, and it hurt her more than anything ever had. Despite her earlier concerns, the girl seemed happy with the brute, perhaps he wasn't doing so bad after all. The emotions swelled and bubbled within her broad chest, and it left December looking blankly to the ground, listening to the others speak and introduce, before she finally spoke as well,"Pardon the interruption, we need to split up, dig through the foliage and make sure every spot of the grove has been covered, we have enough of us present to complete such a task quickly."

How hard she tried to sound so sure, so calm and collected, but when she looked to the filly and her steed to address them, her words faltered slightly, but not enough for someone who wasn't paying any mind to notice. She had though, and she mentally kicked herself for slipping up, for acting like the rejection in that fucking threshold had affected her more than it should have. How can you get away with telling someone that your heart was broken by a damn foal? You can't, and because of that, December felt like a fool.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 623
Tag: Rostislav
OOC: December and Rostislav. Destlov is shipping out! (Bromance? Idek)>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Phantom? What an interesting name. Like a ghost or a spirit, that's what she reminds me of. A being that would haunt a lonely tundra amid the night, her empty frame howling maliciously as she drifts over the surface of the earth. I peer at her for several seconds before offering a pitiful smile, the corners of my lips twitching as I struggle to appear happy to be beside this stranger. "Well uh it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Phantom." I turn to find my name being called by a stallion I swear to have seen before. What was his name? Herald? Helios? Hector? Ah Hector! I smile at him, shifting my gaze from my the alabaster companion to the red man who belonged to the Throat who was accompanied by a fully of bay and white. I offer a smile before turning to listen to what Phantom had to say, noddin in agreement as the last of her words left her mouth.

I look towards the little babe who's decided to boast about how if she and her brother had wings they would've long since beat those who had gathered. I chuckle, looking down at the pair of babes. "But you would not be able to fly just yet, your wings would still be fresh and frail. And do not be so cocky child, even if you had wings you'd have to deal with the exhausting hours of flight that must be endured in order to fly around Helovia. It's not like you pop out of the womb and immediately know how to fly like a pro." I don't speak harshly, trying to soften my tones as to not sound rude to the children.

Turning my body to watch a mare and stallion approach, my ears flick forward as the mare begins to speak about splitting up and covering more ground that way. What were we doing? A search and rescue? Shrugging my wings slightly, I turn myself so that I begin to head around the body of water centered within the Grove. Whether or not Phantom chose to follow was her descision to make. I did glance back and motion slightly with my right wing for her to pursue me refore turning and moving on to alert whomever was straying from theeadow and sought refuge in the Grove.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: Destry & Phantom !!
word count:

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I follow December, rather reluctantly. She's sort of the bossy one between the two of us, and I'm not sure I like it. She's not completely batshit, which is a relief. 'But neither is Kiara.' Damaris is quick to speak in my mind, reproaching me for forgetting Vitani's mother so easily. 'I have not forgotten that.' The voice of my mind is calm, but the defensive tone is not so easily missed. I shake my head and the two of us follow her in silence. We walk through the Grove, and intimate memories resurface unbidden. Even if what Kiara and I have is not love, it is tangible and real. I stop when I nearly bump into December, not realizing she has stopped to observe others up ahead. I know none of them, to my dismay. Helovia is so much grander than I could ever imagine. 'Communication is essential.' Unfortunately? Really? I rather like meeting new folks, even if I'm a little gruff about doing so. I grunt in reply and follow her as she approaches them.

In the way that December talks, trying to be the boss, the big baddie, the leader, I can hear something in her voice that betrays a subtler feeling. I don't know what it is, and I don't know why she would be feeling it. I feel a tinge of annoyance that she's still calling the shots, making assumptions and not even bothering to introduce herself. Or at least me! I huff quietly and watch as one leaves, a dark, pretty hybrid mare. Good job December, scare them all off why don't you.

WC:
Tag:

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Ear tilted to and fro as Destry listened to one of the wingless equines and then spoke out against the other. Why was she being so chummy with them? Weren't the wingless not to be trusted? Weren't they evil? Didn't they want to stuff us into a cave and tear away our wings for entertainment? Murder us if we tried to escape? I was so confused. Even Hector seemed to be okay around the wingless. It was like he didn't fear them at all.

What was the deal?

Destry turned to look at another group approaching and I waited a little bit to turn around and look myself. I was still trying to work out the puzzle of everybody's behavior within my mind when a voice rang out across the air. It was a voice that I had heard before. One that invoked fear and anger within me.

It was her...December.

There would never be a time that I would forget her name or voice. Especially after what she tried to do to me. I turned to look at the mare as she approached us all. Teal eyes noted every time that she looked to me, no matter how slight it may have been. If I was clinging to Hector's side earlier, now I was more so pressing into his side. There would be no way in hell I'd let her take me back.

We need to split up? Ha yeah of course that's what she wanted right now. To get me alone so she could whisk me away and hide me within the cave. I took a small step forward so that I was more aligned with Hector chest to chest. When December looked at me again however a my feelings of fear and anger coursed through me stronger than they did before. No...I couldn't let it happen. I couldn't let those pointy things protrude from the earth again. Not yet. Not until I had the proper opportunity to ask Hector about them. It was when I saw her back up that I lost my control.

It all happened so quickly.

Within seconds spires of blue and white rose from the earth and pointed towards December and her back up. They rose to about my chest height and got a little smaller as they got further away from my body. It probably would have seemed weird to anybody if they were flying above us. There was Hector and I in the middle of a semi-circular patch of nothing but blue spikes pointed at the pair of wingless equines that stood before us. Yeah totally low key. But I hadn't meant to do whatever this was. Just like how I hadn't meant to do it the other time before. At least this time is actually had a purpose: keeping her and her cohort away from me.

Hesitantly I looked up to Hector to see what his reaction would be. Would he be surprised? Would he be mad? Would he be impressed? I had no idea what he would think of such a thing, but hopefully he knew at least something about it and how to control whatever this was. Because I...I had no idea how to even control this, but I did realize one thing. It seemed to be happening when I became afraid of something. Maybe that was the key.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 561
TAGGED;; @[Hector], @[December]
OOC;; Mkay so I'm using liquid time....Isa is using her magic (not on purpose though): Can create crystal spikes in a circular pattern around herself by using the minerals in the earth. The type and color of the crystals depend upon the minerals in the ground. In this instance she produced Kyanite spikes.

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
White December

No one had seemed to reject her idea, nor accept it. Until the black mare was turning away, heading in one direction with a casualness that seemed to be acceptance of her suggestion. She only got a swish of her tail and steel eyes following her in response, before December was turning her head to Rostislav, waiting for him to mention something. He had been silent during their trip, and although she had been doing all the talking, she thought he would at least have something to add in. Maybe he just wasn't in the mood for bullshit either. She was about to ask where the left over pair was going to go, when large spikes erupted from the earth, pointing aggressively towards her almost in an attempt to push her back. In doing so, one happened to slice into the right of her shoulder, a soft gasp escaping her because of it. There was nothing at first, before a thing veil of red appeared in a straight line, tricking down slowly and staining her fur pink. It was minor, something that would heal within the next few days, but it had done more damage on the inside than anywhere else.

She was frozen, legs locked into their position and eyes staring straight at the half circle of pillars, unmoving as the shock was quite evident in her gaze. How she tried to move, to function, to respond, but her entire mind and body was shutting down faster than she could keep up, everything warping into a slower and slower pace until nothing was in clear view for her to see. She didn't feel the tears falling, leaving trails upon her cheeks as she remained motionless in this moment, her mind going through what just happened and what it all meant. Before she had shut down, she had seen the petrified expression those teal eyes conveyed behind the gaps of the wall. She had hurt her, scared her, made her feel that she needed to protect herself.

She had caused her pain, suffering, and made her hate whatever it was about her that made her feel such a way even more than before. She had made an innocent child, one that had once been so lost and fragile, resort to literally shielding themselves from her, because she was a monster. Suddenly air was going back into her lungs again, the image was cleared and the world was crashing back onto her shoulders. For anyone on the outside, it would have looked like she had literally zoned out for a minute or two. But now the cogs were working, grinding against each other and requesting motion, action to be taken. Legs were shifting and she was turning, looking at Rostislav silently, ignoring the tears, ignoring the pain that her heart had just experienced. The look in her eyes made it all rather clear how she felt in this moment, and in her best efforts, she tried to speak once again.

"Rostislav," was the whisper that whisked from her lips, looking at him, refusing to look at her or her partner. It would only kill her inside if she did. Her expression hardened only slightly, just enough to make it clear that she did not want him prying, asking any questions, and she finished her sentence with a bit more clarity in her tone,"You may lead the way in which you want to go. I will follow." Her confidence, what little she had, had been shattered, crumbled into nothing. She couldn't lead, couldn't think anymore, only blindly follow and let her mind sit and stew in the events before her. She prayed to the Gods that he wouldn't say something, wouldn't point out the obvious tears or the devesation in her eyes. If he did, she didn't know what she'd do, most likely try and kick him in the face. Life was a bitch right in this moment, she didn't need anyone pointing it out to her, and if they did, they wouldn't be getting a nice response.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 676
Tag: @[Rostislav] @[Hector] @[Isara]
OOC: December and Rostislav. I'm so sorry for the long feels poossttt Dx>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

As he turned, a smaller creature slithered near, dark pelted, though with a face as bleached as bone. It was a filly, with all of the brazenness of a warrior four times her size and she snarled and hacked in some foreign tongue – unpleasantly enough to tempt slim red ears back against silky, soft mane. Hector noted warily that the assault of words was directed at neither the child in his care, nor he, though slipped a protective wing between nonetheless. He paid their squabble little heed, though Isara pressed closer, calling on the bond they had forged for reassurance and lips moved with unusual tenderness to tousle thick ivory dressing her poll.

The flicker of movement beyond their small (juvenile) gathering drew his shrewd gaze to the trees – there, approaching with another horned stallion was the pale dame from the Threshold. Uncomfortably he shifted, but not for one second did his wing slip from its clutch; and Veci who rose from silence to meet her was promptly reeled back. Do not... the stallion threatened, casting a glowing eye across the Boggart’s invisible form (he could see it well). December began to speak, and he was both surprised and unnerved by her almost unaffected tone – the tawny giant eyed her carefully, even despite the pang of guilt suffered in his bowels.

The shadowy hybrid from their home turned to leave, and Hector bid her safe travelling. They were kin after all, and there was no telling what terrors lurked this time through Helovia.

Briefly gaze grazed the lingering stallion, shorter than the company he kept, though about as thick... A canine trailed in his wake, and lips curled subtly as he regarded the creature carefully – December was from the Falls, she was an ally this time. Then Isara moved against him, streaking by the flesh of his breast and her fear radiated through him like a potent chemical that could not be ignored. Hector travelled forward a step covering the frightened girl with a tucked chin, but even as he moved to warn away the poor mare from their space, shards of blue and white were springing from the earth between them.

A snort erupted from the nostrils as his proud skull flung to the air – he could not have guess their summoner. A warning rang through the grove like clarion bells, the first and only he would offer before seeing their company away; but Isara’s glance by him lulled down his alarm, and cautiously he surveyed the expression she wore. It was you? he mused, and Veci writhed as the chaos neared its climax. December had been slashed, injured, which had never been the intention – nor had he meant for those eyes to fill with such heartache. The silence seemed to fence around them, trap them, but eventually the wounded mare turned and muttered to the loitering brute.

The damage had been done – a snowballing cataclysm that Veci had cunningly begun. "Isa..." he whispered in turn to the girl – the tenor of his voice was stern, unwavering. "It is time to leave." Carefully though; he deliberately waited long enough to be certain that their company had long vanished into the tangled wilderness surrounding, and then lowered his face to her level. Tenderness resonated, unmistakably, but the stallion was also concerned. "Perhaps we can talk about this when the Earth God is not waiting for our return." Another gentle, paternal murmur was placed against her growing mane, before he led at a far kinder pace back to the meadow.