the Rift

[OPEN] Competition is Fierce

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
From the start, Elsa liked this girl. Her demeanor screamed for respect and competition. Of course, it was never specified to be a competition, but the dup knew that the end had to have some sort of prize. Edgar also whole heartedly agreed, squeaking with excitement at Dovahkiin's acceptance. This would be one badass team, that was for sure.

Motioning away from the boat, they must start their first task. It would be silly for them to wait, they needed to get ahead while they can. Heading to the North, she had a specific place in mind. The Arch was barren, desolate, but had a lot of potential. Most would probably set off for the nearby territories, so they may as well claim their first heralding. Stopping as soon as the grass turned to snow, Elsa slowed to a walk. She turned behind, just to make sure her new found friend kept up. "You don't smell like the Basin. Where do you live?" She questioned. It was a simple one, but somewhere to start. If they were going to be stuck with each other on a boat they may as well get to know each other. This was just a little question to test the waters, and see how she would react. Was she a talker, or one for silence? Either way, Elsa could fit the bill.

Edgar took to the sky then, squawking and flailing about to draw attention to the duo. They may as well draw a crowd if they're supposed to spread the news. There was a big giant boat, she seriously doubted that anyone could miss it. Stranger things have happened though.

"Talking"
[Elsa and Dovahkiin >:)]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'll be a thousand miles to the sun
before you even know what I've done
So I haven't exactly seen Ma in a while. I don't really like the Falls that much, pretty much everyone there yells at me about something. Like, Shida, don't pop pregnant mares, or Shida, you can't explode everything.

Pfffft. Fascists.

But when I see Edgar, aka that frozen bird thing I tried to eat one time, I know Ma must be around. "DAAAAAAAAAAAAA." I whine, running away from his side eagerly. As it turns out I have no idea how to run on snow/ice, and so I slip and slide all over the place. I almost fall a million times, but I don't. I'm a boss like that.

"MAAAA!" I cry out, slowing my gallop to a bouncy prance as I near her. I don't know the other mare, and so for all intents and purposes basically ignored her. "Maa look!" I squeal with excitement, bounding up and down and moving to the side so that Princess is in view. The black hellhound stares straight ahead blankly, his eyes reflecting none of the pure joy that is in mine. "I found a pupppppyyyyyy!" I squeal again, lowering my muzzle to rub it along Princess' back.

"His name is Princess." I gush lovingly.

Team Oxy/Shida!

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Oxy
Okay, so you were definitely, kinda, sorta looking for Snowflake when you found the boat. But then the Earth God said two by twos, and you were with Thing #1, and it wasn’t like you could just leave her there, and she explodes everything… Yeah, yeah. Excuses, excuses. But seriously. Does anybody really want to let Thing #1 on the boat without the only one who might have half a chance of controlling her? You didn’t think so. Not that you’re really a good influence or anything.

“Snowflake,” you grumble once Thing #1 has finished introducing her rat, also ignoring the other mare because… well, you don’t know her. Did Thing #1 get that from you? Maybe. “I was trying to keep Thi-” you stop abruptly. You probably shouldn’t call your daughter Thing #1 in front of Snowflake. Except… you don’t really know her name. So… yeah. “Keep her safe.” There’s too much of an audience around for you to get too lovey-dovey, but you do reach down and run your muzzle along her cheek. Why does even that simple touch have to make you feel like your muzzle is being torn open? You’re going to kill the moon goddess later.

Don’t be mad, your actions seem to imply. Just in case, your companion morphs into a butterfly for a moment and begins to flit around, attempting to calm Snowflake.

Oxy & Shida
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

We went north. Based solely on our starting point, we knew we needed to branch out further. So many would head home first, I knew of loyalty like that and others would start about five feet in front of their noses. So when Elsa suggested something further north, I wholeheartedly agreed. As we traveled, in essence side by side (this is a partnership, after all), I quickly discovered a secondary and quite unintended benefit. The air was growing cooler - not cold, because clearly the heat of summer wouldn't allow that. I wasn't designed for excessive heat. My coat is dark - intended for shadow - and absorbs heat like a sponge absorbs water. So the cooler temperatures of the Frozen Arch are not only welcomed but embraced.

There didn't seem to be many up this far north, but to be fair - I wasn't too concerned with saving everyone. Life isn't that precious to me but the potential for a prize at the end of this silly task does seem worth some effort. If that big guy actually was a god of some kind, I sure as hell wanted a spot on his boat. I've only just found this place, I'm not willing to throw my life away just yet. I easily kept up with the mare, my hardy Mustang body is use to large amounts of walking and traveling. Soon the grass turns to snow and the pale winged girl slows and turns towards me. Her question doesn't surprise me a bit. Considering we were going to have to spend time together on that boat, it seemed only logical to find out more about each other. For all she knew, I was some crazy killer and vice versa. Well, I have killed but she wasn't in any danger. "I'm new." I begin, yellow-green eyes meeting her gaze. "I did meet a Basin recruiter, actually. A big guy with a lot of hair and braids. But I also met someone named Ghost... from the Falls, I think." I shrug, pausing for a moment.

Before I can speak again and ask her questions, a buckskin filly loudly crashes our little party - both literally and figuratively crashing, that is. The filly, clearly Elsa's daughter, is followed by a black dog of some sort and a rather large bay stallion with horns. It doesn't take long for me to realize that these three are a family and so I keep quiet - simply glancing from one to the other and back to Elsa.

[Dovahkiin and Elsa]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
KVOTHE & ELODIN
War will weather the souls of the lost
Stand together whatever the cost
Shields will falter and many will fall
Time has come for us all
To answer the call

On our way back from the Steppe I pause, then veer towards the Arch, hoping Rei was keeping an eye on me and knew to follow, and just in case I bellowed to the sky to try and capture her attention.

Hooves scrabble for purchase on ice as I skid to a stop before the cavern entrance, sides heaving as I caught my breath, bi-color eyes looking around at the group assembled therein. Once more I must wait for Rei to descend, my crowned head turning, looking out the arch and waiting for my partner to appear from the heavens, my breaths coming in pants.

Elodin nudges my neck, letting go of my scruff with his teeth to nuzzle the slick hairs of my throat. I turn and nuzzle him in kind, growing more and more anxious. I was eager to be off again, eager to hurry and finish this task for the Earth God, the king of the messenger that had granted me this form in the first place.

Perhaps...the ancient stag had done so precisely for this reason?

"@[Rei]"

Credits
Whit's tables were an inspiration

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

THRANDUIL

Man this was a long trek, but it was for the family and all he supposed. He was almost there though. The Arch was not far behind. Deimos had gone ahead he thought, though with his detour to the dark forest, the golden wasn’t sure. Jogging up the hills the golden catches a scent or two on the wind. Harks flick back and forth to catch voices. Shaking his head the gold moves on faster, slipping into invisibility just in case. With the Earth God sending them out in droves there was no telling who stood at their border. Sure enough coming around the corner the golden see the picture perfect family. Course, the news it was a family was…new. The kid he was impressed with in the meadows now screamed at her mother and father. Which apparently was Oxy and Elsa. A snicker is barely held back as the gold move forward. Ready to ignore the twisted happy moment. He’d already said a neighborly hello to the Addict. Oh but then Elsa’s wings flashed in his view. A few hairs stand on end. He needed to move fast. Moving best he could to the far side of her the gold sneaks closer. Till at last he’s within range. Pausing the gold inhales deeply, and something shifts inside of him. A grin rises on his lips as he steps back. There were a few others about the group but not many of very much interest. He got what he wanted. Turning the gold moved on ward towards his home.

"lieslieslies"
OOC::
Identity Index:: Elsa, Destry

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky

ADVENTURE TIME
with cheska & auriel

"...and see, that is why you don't challenge a Sun God to a meltin contest!" she finished with a flourish.

The speckled lady had thought heading north would be a clever idea at some point. Maybe she'd thought no one would bother going so far out of their way for a few stragglers, or that if they missed the boat, she could maybe float herself and Auriel to safety on some kind of... ice... floe... thing. The accommodations would be lacking, but at least she wouldn't be held responsible for getting someone else's child killed. Admittedly, this wasn't a terribly good plan, but it was her plan. If she was going to be a responsible adult on this expedition, she'd have to buckle down and strategize. Get results. Be serious. Immediately, she found that she hadn't been the first to have this oh so brilliant idea, and that there was a veritable congregation gathered at the arch. She mostly managed to ignore them, deciding instead to propose the alternate plan of a quick snowball fight before everything had melted to slush. She grinned at the thought and turned to-

Auriel.

Where was Auriel? She was sure they'd just been together a moment ago, adventurers-slash-guardians, protectors of the ignorant, heeding the call of a real life god. And then she'd started thinking about dragons and gone off on a half-cocked tangent about the last story she'd heard that featured a mass genocide by flood. There were an uncomfortable number of those. At some point in the last few minutes, the girl had slipped out of sight. Suddenly more aware of her surroundings, she whipped her head back and forth, seeking out the familiar shape of her small friend. "Auriel?" She turned a circle. Many a time her Kyrie had managed to hide behind her mother's... shapely rear to avoid detection. Nothing now.

Had she gone ahead? Towards the group of strangers? Finally finished with ignoring said gathering, she picked up a heavy trot towards the activity. "Auuuuuuuriel?" Maybe one of the others had seen her...

@[Auriel]// Sorry to put you in the same thread. Couldn't resist the family reunion.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

So maybe I underestimated Cheska a little bit. She's really fast.. like really really fast. I can see her up ahead but her legs are so much longer than mine! I can fly, but still not that fast! Sheesh woman, gotta stay with your tiny friends! Especially one that's helping you save the world! I awkwardly run forward, my little hooves gathering up as much ground as I could manage. I watch her form stop from afar, and there are other shapes gathered. I can't make them all out, but hey, at least it's other people to talk to!

Bounding forward, I rush to Cheska's side. If she's gonna be with me, I gotta stick with her. With the full force I can muster I push against her side as I run past her, and through the group. Im Auriel, speediest and flashiest superhero of all the world. Spinning around though, I know I have to at least help Cheska spread the world and all that jazz. When I turn though, I'm not sure whether to laugh, be thrilled, cry or fall over and die. Each sound like a reasonable choice to me.

Eyeing my sister carefully I step forward towards her a dad. I hadn't seen her in a while, so I'm kind of scared by the fact she has a giant ass scary dog by her side (oh I though a bad word!) Not to mention, she already blows up. Who decided to give this kid a lighter? Scrunching my nose I lift my head and snort. Wait.. I though she was supposed to be cleansededed with dad. Like, weren't they supposed to be gone. I turn again to see mom. What the heck! They had a family reunion without me! I frown, turning back to dad and Shida. "You guys got together without me?" I'm genuinely hurt. They probably didn't mean to do it, but still. "Also who gave you a dog?" I said pointedly, looking to Shida. She probably stole it. That's not fair! If she did that she could've at least gotten me one too!! Huffing I turn to go back and stand at Cheska's side. "At least Cheska makes sure I get around safely." My fiery looks are shot at both dad and mom. They deserve it. I've been out here practically by myself and neither of them had the slightest intention of coming to look for me?! The probably didn't even know I could fly now, or that I can do all sorts of cool things with my smoke. Oh well, not my loss.

@[Cheska] Auri why you be like dis.

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'll be a thousand miles to the sun
before you even know what I've done
Of course Auriel shows up. Like, way to crash a beautiful family moment kid. Never mind that you're part of the family.

As her gaze turns to Princess, I basically bubble over with pride and excitement, which in turn bleeds into Princess' mind, who barks happily, wagging his tail. "It's a long story.." I begin. No it wasn't. I fucking exploding a whole in the ground and found an egg. Case closed. But that didn't sound very dramatic. Like, any asshole could have just walked up and found Princess, but that wouldn't have been right. He was meant for me.

"I also won that Edge competition." I mention casually, flicking my tail as if it was no big deal, when in reality it was a pretty big fucking deal. At least to me. I want to tell her that I made a present for Da, but then Ma might get jealous, so I keep quiet about it.

"Anyways. Nice of you to show up."

Team Oxy/Shida!

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The conversation was quiet, and polite. Although, Elsa was thoroughly surprised by Dovahkiin revealing she was new. How could such a thing happen? Those who have just arrived are usually not bold enough to venture so far into Helovia. She mentions something about a Basin member, and Ghost. Well, at least one of those she appreciated. That's good. "Ghost leads the Falls, which is where I live." She replies softly. Edgar returns then, squawking and flapping like crazy. Apparently whatever he had seen was important.

Just then, a familiar figure comes flopping on over. Shida's there, slipping and tripping on her attempt to get to Elsa. A shocked looked crosses across her face, but that's the least of her worries. Another thing follows behind her, a black fluffy pup. Apparently Shida had managed to get a Hellhound... which she "lovingly" named princess. Nice, she's practically her fathers daughter on drugs, with two extra shots of adrenaline. Elsa never thought she'd meet one anymore out of their mind than Oxy, but apparently when you mix him with Elsa, you get Shida. Although, Elsa can't help but feel a dark feeling shadow this little bit of delight. How had she missed this much in her daughters life? She had gotten a companion, which looked to be at least a couple weeks old, and Elsa just now found out about that? She's a horrible mother. "I'm happy for you." She means her words, but they crack and fall beneath the weight of her guilt.

As if things can't get worse, Oxy isn't far behind. She hadn't seen him since the twins were born, and still couldn't gauge if he actually wanted them. Their encounter at their births was not exactly friendly or nice. Did he still "love" her? Did he even want these children? Or was he doing it just to satiate her anger until their old enough and he'll literally jump ship? All of those were really bad questions to dwell on. Feeling his muzzle hit her face was a little comforting, but she still couldn't stop herself from feeling inadequate. She had failed as both a mother and a lover. It wasn't her intention to give him children, if he didn't want them. Though, she knew that she had to stick with the children and let him walk free if he wanted. It was not her place to keep him here. Although, she was impressed he managed to get here without slipping about like his daughter.

Murphy's law however, seems to really like Elsa today. Again, another familiar figure bounds over. This time, the pale one, Auriel arrives. She was not as thrilled as Shida at all. In fact, she gets quite defensive. Edgar settled down upon her head, feeling her happiness dwindle into a pit. "Auriel..." Elsa can't talk anymore and steps back from the group. Looking to the mare that Auriel had dubbed Cheska, she offers a weak, but sincere smile. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter." Her words are quiet and broken now. Although she feels a little relieved to know her daughters have not been out romping alone. Doesn't make her any better of a mother. Shida begins blabbing away again about her achievements, and Elsa smiles. How had she let everything slip through the cracks? "Make sure you get on the boat." She reminds her children. If anything, that's the best advice she has given them.

"Talking"
[Elsa and Dovahkiin]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.