the Rift

[OPEN] The rains are coming...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

...Relieved that word was spreading quickly and that some of their family was safe, Africa led at an urgent pace further north above the spindly, sparse canopy of the forest skirting Hidden Falls. There was no doubting their obligation, and though she had lived within their ranks for less than a year, she felt almost indebted for the care and warmth they had shown – there would be no forsaking them now.

Though her four-legged figure was growing increasingly cumbersome and uncomfortable, she found that in parrot form the burden was less – she was lithe and swift, though neither in comparison to those speeding in her company. She thrust all energy into maintaining fair pace and sighed with relief when at last mist rising above water grew on the horizon. We are here, she breathed, heart pounding both from exertion and excitement, and as the rocky tors above the waterfall fell beneath their path, she began to lower from the sky.

Again she did not shift back into the form of a Pegasus, instead fluttering upon weary wings to the jutting limb of a tree. They were in the centremost meadow in the Falls, and Africa stood vigil while Midas announced to his people the plan of the Earth.

Midica<3

Image Credits

@[Midas]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

She moved quickly, body taking the pace back toward the Falls. They needed to warn the Falls. They needed to warn them. Ettore was also getting concerned (for the idea of a bird who did not yet know how to fly, drowning in water was not something that seemed to appease his small, bouncing frame). "Falls, Alleo. We must warn them," she breathed as she rocketed off. She knew all too well that there were others there, hiding in the shadows who needed to be told. So she ran, she ran with all she had and tried desperately not to trip over small debris that she was overlooking through the vibrations her hooves caused.

She stopped at the meadow in the middle where most of their meetings were held. And, with her plant magic she forced some of the trees aside for a clear view into the center. "PLEASE!" she calls, as she realizes that Midas and Africa have also arrived, suddenly uncertain with how to proceed. "We must get to the boat? Do you know about the boat? The Earth God is going to cleanse the lands!" Rasta explains hurriedly, voice rushing uncertainly before she turns back to Alleo, nudging his shoulder gently in hopes that if she missed pertinent information he would fill it in.

Rasta && @[Alleo]

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
She’d been to the see the ship and she’d quietly accepted her part in the proverbial “coming of the flood”, but it didn’t make things any less tense. On shaky hooves, Essetia returned to the Falls (again with Romul in tow), but things felt different… changed. Where were they going, what exactly was a cleanse? The heat was most certainly sapping at her very essence, but was that not a part of Tallsun? Either way, the Sleuth feared what was to come. However, when she again reached the humid borders of her home, she was not surprised to find that the insanity of the day had followed.

Slowly, the daughter of the Moon navigated to the heart of her new and sultry abode before pausing some yards away from a pale mare yelling out into the vast openness of the meadow. The Sleuth glanced nervously around before catching sight of Africa, the medic that had helped her in receiving Malachi some months back. She was, however, not of Pegasus form which caught Essetia and Romul off guard. The wolf muttered something indistinct in the back of her mind before falling silent and dazed once more. Essetia nodded to Grey before turning her attention back to the (blind?) girl and her partner. It wasn’t until she’d had a moment to come to her senses that she recognized Midas amongst the group as well...

Maybe she was going absolutely insane… or maybe Helovia really was in an uproar. With a timid gaze directed toward Ghost, the Sleuth stepped forward to allow a helping hand. “If anyone needs assistance finding their way to the boat, they can follow Ghost and I!
Image -- Coding

@[Ghost] and Ess are crashing!

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I'm worried the heat was wearing on Africa. Physically. She worked valiantly, yar, no denying that...but something wasn't settling right. Perhaps it was the slowing, almost strained gait when left for the meadow -- or mayhaps her thickening girth. Though, at first credit is given to the flourishing environment, aye, tis easier to obtain basic needs from a overstocked climate.

Had we not been momentarily pressed with the knowledge of a flood and 'ship' (as they called it) I'd have voiced the topic...gently. As it stood, we were dealing with far more urgent matters. The issue with fatigue and bodily adaptions could wait.

Crossing into the Falls. Fina and Neve are watching from a sentry point, having arrived a few minutes ahead. I glance their way and smile when Neve snaps at a collection of puffy moths. Fina huffs and stretchs her tired wings. Onward to the center field. Africa remains in her avian form. Gilden gems shift to earth when gilden daggers collide roughly, tearing into the soggy turf without apology. Yar. Heavy hollows seal themselves wearily, my breath is a short rasp and every muscle is feeling the full weight of this heavy climate. There is hardly time to catch my breath before others begin to pool in from the surrounding territory. I turn to them, straightening...forcing weariness aside for a time when I'd be alone.

They speak, a frantic ramble. I listen for a moment -- gaze shifting to the Sleuth when she mentions Ghost and the vessel of our discussion. "Peace," despite previous breathless travel worn appearance, my tone is steady and smooth, "The rumors stand true." I glance to yon timber thinking gossip had a habit of catching fire. "Earth has promised to bring a flood...and will grant the whole of Helovia safe passage on a ship. " Yar. The word was foreign, yet hopefully some would understand my meaning...

Turning to the tiro ranks and higher, I add, "See the young and old out of this valley and to Thistle Meadow -- the rest of ye," gems do a massive sweep, "Spread the word. I will lead groups to the ship." To the bay spy my tone lowers, "Check the Northern perimeter. I would have none left behind."

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Wherever Rasta wanted to go to alert others of the ship Alleo would follow. Even if she wanted to venture back down into the depths of the caves, he would follow. Naturally, though, he assumed that she would want to go to the Falls to make sure that everyone there knew of the coming rains and the boat that would serve as their safe haven. His ears tilted forward as he listened to Rasta's voice, glancing to her only when she nudged his shoulder. "The boat is located in the Thistle Meadow!" He added on to what she had already said. Others gathered, however, and he looked at a pretty bay mare who offered guidance to those who needed it.

It is moments later that Midas arrives, verifying everything that everyone had already been saying. Did the herd really need his word to believe after so many others had said the same thing? Alleo remained quiet as Midas gave his orders and when he was finished he nudged Rasta's shoulder. "Let us do our Chief's bidding." He murmured. "Then we'll make our way back to the boat." Any who chose not to come along were signing their own death certificates. He would not hang around long enough to force any of them to leave and risk his own and Rasta's life trying to convince them otherwise.

"Talk."

Credits

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

As many began to gather, the waiting parrot felt a twinge of guilt that she should linger beside them but not contribute honestly. It was a bother that she could not speak the tongue she knew well while dressed in avian feathers, beak and claws; more still that she found it difficult also to understand them in full. Africa slipped from the branches to a spot more secluded, and with the help of Silas’ time bending wings, she shifted instantly back into her true form – sliding quickly from her cover to join the group.

She recognized them all, had spoken to them at one point or another, and offered each a demure smile.

It seemed that Helovia had been caught in a fever – struck dumb by the warning given by their land’s patron, the God of the Earth, but their dauntless leader quickly snapped up the reins to their frenzy. His tone was smooth above the hum of their concern, unruffled and wise, and one long ear turned quickly to note his instruction. Africa had shifted to stand with her fellow Falls folk, allowing the Gallant room on the stage of leadership, and with a quiet eye she regarded him fondly.

Together they would work to secure the herd’s safety - just like a time long ago, when Midas had lead the desert citizens to the Sanctuary. Those were grim times, but she could only trust that they would find peace and safety aboard the Earth's vessel, just as all around the country did.

Image Credits

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

More than just Africa and Midas came, though. You see, they also appeared to have another mare who said that Ghost and she could lead them back toward it. But Midas offered calming words, speaking that we tried to go and check the Northern perimeter in order to have none left behind.

Rasta could only nod as Alleo nudged her shoulder - saying that they should do the bidding before heading back toward the boat. "Sounds good," she responded, gentle tone ringing a little before she started off toward the Northern border of the lands with Alleo in tow. Gently, she yelled a few times, calling for all to go to the Thistle Meadow. Voice ringing vibrantly around the rocks, occassionally sending out an earthquake (With a warning to Alleo first, of course) to try and grab whomever's attention she could. But, she never lingered long. She knew that if they did Alleo would not be pleased, that the would want her back at the boats rather than searching the herd lands from top to bottom. And, she knew that Africa was safe, Midas was safe, and (hopefully) Sohalia and Cera were safe as well. So with those accounted for in her crown she turned to Alleo and toward the south west. "Time to go back to the boat?" If no one else had heard these calls… perhaps they weren't supposed to get on board…

Rasta && Alleo

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say