A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
Alysanne had stuck around in the Edge because she wanted this foal born safely and with the support of her friends, only to change her mind at the last minute. Giving Miykael the excuse that she was going to go for a walk to calm her nerves before taking a nap (though whether he fell for that rather weak excuse was another matter) when she first noticed the signs that it was time. There was a rising fear in her that this foal would not survive, that because she was using it as a bargaining chip to keep her friend happy that it would have died in her toxic womb and she’d be left with nothing.

The hormones from the pregnancy, paired with a lack of sleep, heightened her worry until she could no longer bear it. A mare whose instinct was to never be alone suddenly felt the need to get out and away from everyone - to have this foal and bury it where no one would know.

But the foal had other plans. She had not made it very far out of the Edge, just metres past the ruins of the glass wall, when she could not go any further. This was hardly ideal, she was so exposed here. Anyone, anything, would find easy prey if it was hunting nearby. Her instincts screamed at her to find shelter, to go back in the Edge and find somewhere safe, but her body refused to move.

Luckily, Hemlock was not as immobile as she. He ceased his circling and left to go find them, her friends and her family. The annoying one with the angel bird, the weird son, the friendly mares.

It had only been yesterday when she had laughed and welcomed Kahlua’s new baby girl but the laughter felt so far away right now. Her mind was incapable of focusing on anything else except what was happening right now. She couldn’t recall just how painful Arty’s birth had been but… but this seemed worse. Every part of her was screaming as though this was karma catching up with her for being a liar. You wanted a foal, Alysanne. She scolded herself as tried to fight back the tears, pushing her face into the earth as though it could swallow her up and take away the pain. So have a foal.

The uncomfortable feeling she had experienced recently during the pregnancy was nothing compared to what was happening now and it seemed to stretch on forever until finally, finally the foal was ready.

Alysanne’s momentary relief at the completion of the birth was short lived - her excitement at being a mother again giving her enough strength to raise her head and look back. There was a messy lump of legs and wings that was her new child but… but she couldn’t see any signs that the girl was breathing.

A girl. A dead baby girl.

A half-hearted wish came for the strength to stand up and leave but no, she would not abandon this girl. She could not abandon another foal, dead or alive, and she could string this heartbreak along with the others. How much of her, of sweet and happy Alysanne was going to be left now? It did not feel like very much to her. Alysanne just needed a moment, emerald eyes closing as the tears began to fall, seeping into the ground where she rested her head again.

Oh Miykael, what have I done.

So consuming was her grief that she did not notice that the painted pegasus filly struggled with her first few breaths but took them, and then began to stir - instincts telling her that a mother should be cleaning her by now. Alysanne ignored the pestering of Hemlock in her mind as he tried to get her attention and instead focused on the lost dream of a family.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

[feel free to PP Hemlock getting your attention! I know Arty, Mikey and I think Parelia want to join but any others are welcome! Feel free to show up at any point in the process, tried to leave it vague for that purpose <3 Sad Aly is sad

removed tags because I forgot to mention that this takes place before the new SWP!]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had been a joy to watch Kahlua's baby take her first steps of life and welcome her into the world. It had left her happy but a little disappointed in a way for it was not her baby. It must be all the pregnancy hormones fluctuating in the air around her that was making her feel this way for it was not in character for her at all and there was no possible chance she had gotten herself knocked up. Settling down for the night with her son had helped immensely but could not settle her mind. Something felt off to her tonight and she couldn't figure out what but it kept her wide awake for hours after Aeolus had fallen to sleep. Having left him to sleep in peace she decided to take a short walk to see if it might help calm her restless mind. The hooting of an owl drew her eyes as she strained her eyes to see through the dim light. Hemlock? Spying his figure as he swooped down above her clued her into what was going on. Laughing to herself softly she turned to go and find Aly knowing it must be yet again time for her baby's entrance into the world.

Spotting her friend laying flat against the ground she slowed her pace so not to frighten the mother to be into thinking something was about to attack. "Aly?" Spying the tears streaming down her friends face she felt her heart still. No it couldn't be... Touching her muzzle to Aly's neck hoping to comfort her grief she turned to see if it truly was what she dreaded. The tiny bundle of legs and wings was still but she refused to give up until she was sure. Glancing back to her friend hesitantly she did not want to intrude on this moment if it wasn't necessary. Eyes falling back to the babe she reached out to nudge the foal to try and stimulate it back to life. Gasping as the beautiful baby moved in response she couldn't help the tears of joy from spilling from her face. "Aly! Aly look its alright. Things are going to be ok, your baby is beautiful!" She crooned happily taking a step back so her friend could see her child.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Something in her tone made him uneasy. He trusted her, of course. He had no reason to believe she would ever lie to him. Family didn't do that to one another, did they? At least nothing worse than a little white lie, right? Erring on the side of caution Miykael sent Eliana to follow Alysanne. "Use caution. Follow but keep your distance and don't let her know you are there." he told her. The zephyr simply nodded and took off, following as silently as her wings could carry her. Meanwhile, the dunskin paint paced anxiously amongst the tall grasses of their little nest. Worry etches his features and makes his heart thump loudly in his ears. Something was wrong but he didn't want to disrespect her wishes, he didn't want to put the final nail in the coffin of their relationship just yet. Things had been tense lately and while he hoped it was merely pregnancy hormones, he had this nagging feeling that it was a result of something else. Something deeper.

So when he saw Hemlock, looking frantic, and felt the heightened anxiety from Eliana through their bond; he didn't hesitate. He leaps into a full on gallop, wings held tightly against his sides. Through his connection with Eliana he found the path quickly and easily and within mere moments he slides to a stop nearby, flinging dirt and other natural debris into the air in front of his hooves (none of it aimed anywhere near Aly or the foal, of course). His breath huffs and pants, sides heaving from the effort of his sprint. Immediately he moves to the black and white pegasus laying on the ground - his blue eyes see only her, not the gray mare that was already there - and already there were tears spilling from her eyes and sliding down her cheeks. Reaching forward he moves to gently wipe the tears away with his soft nose - if she allows him to. "Oh Aly.." he murmurs softly into the tender flesh of her cheek. "Are you alright?" he asks, lifting his head so that he can look her over.

That's when he sees her. Her, his daughter... no, their daughter. The foal is a lump of legs and wings. Lifeless. His heart immediately sinks, tears swelling in his sky blue eyes. A lump forms in his throat, making it difficult to breathe and with shaking steps he eases himself around Aly to the foal behind her. Once by the filly's side, he collapses to his knees and lowers himself gracelessly to the ground. Through teary eyes he pulls on his healing magic and with every ounce of concentration that he can muster he encases the small body in his warm, healing light. It's a desperate attempt. An attempt that, after a moment or two he allows the light to fade and dissipate. He can heal wounds but this wasn't a wound. This was death. Death cannot be healed. Tears spill silently from his eyes as he lowers his lips to the lost child's ear.

"Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me..."

He sings softly, the words strained as he held back the sobs that threatened to shake him. His blue eyes close tightly, squeezing back the tears as best he can. The filly twitches then, snorts the fluid out of her nostrils and begins to breathe. Her little breaths are shaky and rapid at first but soon they even out and grow steady. She shifts, bumping into Miykael's chin causing his eyes to bolt open and his heart leap back into his chest. Uncertain, he looks down at the bay and white filly but what he sees only makes him long to be able to rub his eyes. So instead he blinks, hard, and looks down again but the image is the same. Her eyes are open, eyes of vibrant teal, and her sides are clearly moving. Joy surges through him, relief sweeping over him. "She... she's alive!" he finally manages to whisper. The filly lifts herself up off of her side to lay on her belly and she bleats softly - declaring her displeasure at being so wet and cold... and hungry. Miykael can't manage to move, let alone stand, so he remains by the filly's side. With a fair amount of struggle, he finally manages to pull his gaze from the filly to look at Aly. That's when he notices the gray mare, he offers her a soft smile. "Thank you... thank you for being here." he adds, happy tears streaming down his face.

notes: song is lullabye (goodnight, my angel) by billy joel.

well, me — i fall in love with you every single day
*       ********************MIYKAEL; SON OF AN ANGEL
image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS

I was finally beginning to doze off; beginning to drift off into the memories of Nocturne and the enjoyable time I had growing up along my cousins and the other foals of the lands. Everything had been wonderful, save for the fact that my mother hadn't been around for very long, there was plenty of stuff to do and others who watched over the lot of us, mending wounds and listening to tall tales of the exciting things we did. Some of which were stories that I kept to myself, for even now at three years old the things we did would warrant a stern glance from any adults that might be near. Just as ink stained lids were lowering themselves over bright emeralds the screeching sound of Alysanne's owl, Hemlock, tore through the air.
Even though I couldn't hear the inner workings of the terra hued avian, the tone of its cry was enough to make even the most stable creature's blood turn to ice. Was my mother okay? Panic trickled into my frame as I stretched my wings out, a single, harsh smack sounded through the near silent clearing as my inky frame was lifted effortlessly from the solid ground in which I stood. "What's wrong with mat'?" All thoughts of sleep were suddenly distant as I followed the owl closely once I made sure my own bonded was securely attached to the feathery joint on my back, a confused cooing came from the infant over the frantic emotions that were flashing through my mind now. Barnabas wasn't sure what was happening and he didn't enjoy the fact that our nap time was being interrupted. I attempted to batten down the hatches and hide the panic that had taken over my mind, no need for the infant to be upset as well.
It didn't take long for Hemlock to lead me to where my mother's beautiful black and white body was slumped against the ground, a bloody mass not far behind her...not moving. A feeble cry escaped from inky lips while glossy harks pinned backwards, as much hatred as I had in my lean frame for the dunskin stallion at this point, the death of a child was nothing I would wish on anyone. The stallion's mournful song reached my ears as long limbs landed gently on the ground. Forcing myself to hold back any further cries and accepting the warm, loving embrace of hopeful emotions radiating from the young puffin. Even at such a young age Barnabas was wise beyond his time and for that I was more than thankful. My star studded skull tilted away from where the crumpled corpse laid in its pool of fluids that should have protected it, rather I focused on my mother who hadn't moved from the tear soaked ground in which she lay.
A soft sigh slipped forwards as I moved around to the back of my mother where I settled my frame along her's a white dipped wing draping across her body, if she allowed, in what I hoped would be a comforting embrace in her time of need. It no longer was important what hard feelings I held towards her for leaving me at a young age, we were family and family stuck together no matter what. "It'll be okay ma." I whispered before the words of exclamation came from the duo that stood around the deceased child. "She... she's alive!" The deep voice of the dunskin rang out along with the gentler song of the dappled that I didn't know, "Aly! Aly look it’s alright. Things are going to be ok, your baby is beautiful!" The muscles in my neck bunched as my gaze was turned over my shoulder to the deceased filly who's sides were now moving ever so slightly with the breath of life, quickly my wing retracted from its position over my mother in case she leapt up to perform the motherly duties that came along with a newborn.
I was on my hooves in a matter of seconds and taking a tentative step closer to the newborn that moments ago had been travelling to the pearly gates where she would have waited until each of us had joined her. Emeralds glanced in Miykael's direction, the flicker of disdain being held back with all of Barnabas' efforts put forth, the words I had for the painted stallion would have a time in our future. But for now it was time to celebrate the birth of a new family member.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 757
Notes;; Sorry this took so long guys, I'm a horrible person ;__; don't hate me

Credits: Image by xyroca @ deviantart
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
“No no no.” When they all arrive, she pressed her face further into the dirt - wishing she could leave this place with the filly. Wishing they could both sink into the ground and disappear to somewhere where they could be happy, where they could live together and be free of this pain that was tearing her apart. Resplendence had poisons in the garden, it wouldn’t be so hard to follow her youngest - her last - and take care of her in the afterlife the way she failed to here… the way she always failed to take care of her children.

Brisa was the first to arrive, her voice soft, and Mikey brought a soothing song. But it was Arty, her sweet, sweet Arty that she had almost lost in pregnancy because she had been a fool. He came to her, he came and laid with her - draping a wing over her. “Arty please.” Her voice was next to non-existent and she didn’t know what she was asking him to do. ‘Arty please take away the pain’ ‘Arty please comfort me the way I failed to comfort you when I left’. She didn’t want to listen to Mikey sing any more.

But then, oh, when she had just accepted that she would never stand again - that she was too weak to stand up and continue to live after this blow - Brisa and then Mikey made their exclamations. Not dead? How could that be? The comfort and warmth of Arty’s wing was gone as he stood up, presumably going to go see if it was true. What if it was a trick, what if they were just trying to get her to stand up and move on.

She took a steadying breath, gasping at the air she had been denying herself as she cried into the earth.

Another and another until she pushed herself up on wobbling legs. They had the strength, even if she did not believe that they did. Her legs shook like the little girl’s would when she found them. “Alive…” Shaky step after shaky step, the rush of positive emotion now overwhelming her. She was too exhausted to even feel embarrassed over the situation if it was even called for. “Oh would you look at her.” Her eyes found them all, cheeks still stained with tears and new ones were threatening to well and she sent silent thanks to them all for being here. She loved them all so much, every single one of them. And she would find the time to tell them that with words later but for now, there was a filly that needed the attention of her mother.

Alysanne stepped forward, thankful that everyone had left enough room, and cleaned the little winged girl - noticing with no shortage of interest that small passion flowers were blooming around her where she lay. “Naerys, we’ll call her Naerys.”

And then, because she couldn't quite shake the fear, she looked at them - three of her family members - and asked them worredly. “Do... do you think she'll be okay?"

@[Brisa]

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Watching the newborn filly take her first breaths of life made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside chasing away the earlier coldness. No one was dying today! She had seen way too much death it was about time that something worked out and lived like it was supposed to. Lowering her head once more to encourage the young filly to continue breathing she cleared away the slime around her muzzle and face. No way in hell was she going to let her friend's beautiful daughter die if she could help it. Lifting her head as others rushed over to comfort Aly she stood her ground protectively daring anyone to try anything that would endanger either Aly or the filly. Mikey was the first to rush forward all in a rush before collapsing beside his mate thinking the same horrible fate for their daughter. Seriously people get a grip and give the girl a fighting chance to prove you wrong.

The next to arrive was a stranger to the grey but she stood still watching him with curiosity. Who was this child? That would be a question for another day. After her proclamation that the filly was indeed alive the air buzzed with the activity that followed. Stepping back as Aly finally moved to her rightful place by the girl's side she couldn't help but smile as she watched mother and daughter bond. Flicking her ear to the stallion as he spoke she nodded in silent appreciation at being noticed. This was a joyful occasion for all involved and words could not describe it. Turning back to Aly as her tired voice broke through the silence she listened to what she had to say.

"I think Naery's will be perfectly fine. All she needed was a little encouragement." She replied a smile blossoming on her lips.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo