the Rift

Shine A Light Through An Open Door [OPEN]

Gaelica Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Photobucket

OPEN| I don't mind who decides to visit!

The gray splashed mare who wandered towards this new realm could not help but dwell on the thoughts of her past. She had come so very far since her first few years. She had loved, and she had lost. She became a mother, and a widower. She lost mate, child, land and now she could even begin to feel the tides slipping away from her. This was what frustrated her the most. For many years now she could feel the ebb and flow of every stream and creek she came across, but as she stood now at the edge of this new world, she felt nothing. It was a strange, empty feeling. She felt not the pull of the tide, nor the comforting extra presence in the back of her mind that was Calder. The daemon she had left behind to take care of her beloved waterfall in her absence.

With a deep sigh she continued forward, the warmth of the sun drying her usually dripping hide. For the first time in a long time, she was dry. Her mane and tail lost their usual waterlogged weight and felt airy. Weightless. As if she didn't even have them at all. Her mouth shifted, jaw accommodating for new teeth as her razor sharp fangs morphed and slid into the teeth of the average equine. It made her mouth feel funny, as if she suddenly had become aware of how her tongue was lying within her maw and she couldn't find a comfortable way for it to rest. It was a new and strange new world she had entered, and she intended to fully explore it. What would she find here? New and exciting creatures? Cruel leaders? Perhaps even love. It was difficult for her to say.

But for now she would wander, pressing forward into the great unknown to see what mysteries she could discover and what new creatures she could meet.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Just because a cleansing was night did not mean that the Threshold could be abandoned. In fact, it was quite the opposite. With the boat on the verge of getting through a flood, those in the Threshold needed to come across some sort of identity. Otherwise, if it was in the midst of craziness (like with the wraith plague), everyone was flustered and scattered about. All outcast bands were thrown to the wind and herds reconstructed in a matter of months. That can be quite overwhelming to those not familiar with Helovia and it's quirks.

A light trot picked up as the crossed through the Edge of forest. In the heat of summer, this forest seemed suffocating. The humidity, although among shadows, made it feel as if she were breathing water. It seemed that no matter where one went, there was no escape from the side effects of summer. Sweat began to dew along her back as she looked in desperation. The further she had to go to search, the more time in this wretched heat. For once, Elsa wished the Falls could follow her around. The waterfalls and ponds created a wonderful respite during this time of year.

Edgar, who had been flying above, called for Elsa's attention. He on the other hand, basked in the heat. For an "arctic" zephyr, he sure acted like a phoenix. Dipping down he perched upon his bondeds head as the trekked forward. He led the way to this seemingly new pale mare. Pale mares need to stick together, yes?

After only a few moments travel the mare came into view. She was an equine from first sight. Her body was a mixture of pale colors, something Elsa had often not seen. Usually markings like these were a stark contrast of white on black. Smiling, she approached as Edgar peeped his own greetings. "Welcome to Helovia." She began. She tucked her head down in a greeting of respect. "Assuming you are new... since you don't smell like the Helovian lands." Her elaboration was for the off chance that this mare was from Helovia. That would be quite an embarrassing moment. "My name's Elsa. Looking for a home?" It was such a straightforward question. Might as well hop to it, considering Elsa was looking forward to getting out of this gosh dang sun.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Unregistered
Photobucket

Gaelica was content to spend her days lounging in the waters of her old home, but these new and harsh rays in this world were a bit out of the ordinary for her. A light and welcome breeze played through what trees there were, but it was not enough to completely alleviate the heat. She contemplated, for a moment, going back to the creek when a strange noise graced her ears. Lifting her head to gaze in the direction the sound had come from, she was met with a strange sight. What sort of creature was this?

She looked like an average equine to Gaelica, and she was familiar with others having wings. Hell, living in Pantheon and having traveled to the Capitol on several occasions, you took appearances in stride. There was never any sort of indication as to what sort of creature you would pass on the road. Horses twice her height, horses with scales, and horses with saber teeth. It was as if the magic of the land had permeated it's creatures so thoroughly that it was easy to tell the difference between a native-born creature and one who had simply wandered in.

But this mare. She had a strange, feathered crest that looked remarkably avian. She was beautiful, that much was very certain. She was by fair one of the only creatures that she had ever met that had looked as though they were truly born of ice. And she had served under Skadi and her predecessors for a great many years. They shared the same sort of ethereally blue eyes. But everything between the two mares was different, in a washed-out sort of pale look. But as the mare spoke, Gaelica furrowed her brow slightly. This place was called Helovia? She had heard some of the equines of her homeland mention it in passing, referring to it as a land across the sea. But she had never realized just how close it could have truly been. A home, the mare enquired about. Was Gaelica looking for a home? She was certainly looking for somewhere to live while she explored these lands. But could she really uproot herself to live her for an indefinite time?

"Yes. I suppose that I am." The words escaped her before she even had time to really think about them. "My name is Gaelica. It's nice to meet you Elsa."

The mare's words were few but meaningful. They relit the fire and passion that drove her to fortify and survive. Her nature made her apt to falling to the ways of basic survival. Elsa may not know it herself, but she subconsciously fed off of the belief that there were survival in numbers. It had permeated more so into her mind since the attack on her face. It left a grotesque scar, but it had still healed in a graceful way. It almost look like she was born with one strikingly blue eye, and the other pale and cold.

Edgar shifted on her head then, leaning forward to peep again at their new acquaintance Gaelica. Any new prospects that could potentially lead to more friends and attention quickly received Edgar's approval. He hopped down her face then, ending with his talons gripping at her nose. Elsa snorted, it was painful but nonetheless an unsurprising action. He liked to think that any part of her could easily hold him. Little did he know just how sensitive her nose was to those long dagger feet. "Well then, I guess I've stumbled along the right horse!" A beaming smile took over her face, even with a bird still standing on her nose. The slight movement of her own muscles made her eyes prick with tears, time to get off Edgar. She shook her head until the little bird hopped off with an uncomfortable squawk and settled on the ground between them. "That's Edgar, by the way." Motioning to the ground, the little bird perked up at his introduction. "The land I can invite you to is the Hidden Falls. It lies just north of here." Edgar, who thought himself to be the worlds best compass turned and hopped forward in the direction they would go. "Of course you must be willing to do a little work for stay. For example, I'm the mason so I cut rocks and stones to build structures to benefit the herd." It wasn't meant to sound like cocky bragging, but some might take it that way. "Does that sound like something you'd like to try?" Her voice ended on a hopeful note. She knew that some did not like the life of work, and if that was the case, Gaelica would have to find respite elsewhere.

"Talking"
Elsa

Unregistered
Photobucket

It was good to be interacting with others again. Her time at the Promontory Waterfall had left her more than a bit isolated. Three years. Three years of solitude. The only times she had left were when she went to attend the coronation of the royals, or to go meet the God of Auras himself during his festival. Other than the occasional wanderer or the refugees from when the volcano erupted, she had spent this time utterly alone. No mate or child to spend her time with. Not even a daemon until Skipper passed her way. But even Skipper had left her to start a family of his own and she was alone once more until she met Calder quite by chance. And now she had done to him what had been done to her one too many times. She left him alone.

The thought of hanging around other equines excited her though. Calder was a wonderful and steadfast companion, but in his immortality, the time in which she would be gone would seem as though a mere blink of an eye. He also could not give the same sort of companionship that another horse could. Elsa's words made her smile. The right horse? Yes. Perhaps she was that. The right one. Perhaps she really was the right one for whatever job it was she had been looking for. As Edgar scooted down Elsa's nose, Gaelica was mentally twisting her head to the side, much like a puppy would. The bird could move about?

'How absolutely foolish of me. Of course it can. It's a bird, not a decoration you goof.' Gaelica chuckled to herself mentally. She was rather fond of the way the bird looked. It was a beautiful aesthetic. "Hidden Falls? That sounds lovely. I'm actually from a waterfall myself. I've lived in and around the water my whole life." She said, smiling as she spoke. As Elsa spoke of the word, Gaelica nodded along for a moment. Work. "I've never worked with stone before. That was more of the Terrene Realm's thing. I knew a mare there who could absorb wounds from other's bodies and reflect them on their own. She was a healer. Last I heard she was building a hospital..." Gaelica was almost rambling, drifting off for a moment as she was lost in thought. The God of Auras had gifted her with clarity and focus, but perhaps his gifts were not as far-reaching as they had once thought. "I suppose I could give that a try. It sounds intriguing."

She had come back into focus rather gracefully, eyes focusing in on the other mare's.

Gaelica's words could not have put Elsa in a better mood. She had lived in a place like the Falls? Surely then she knew of the beauty and wonder that was unmatched to any natural occurrence. Her story continued on though, and she had much more to tell. Flipping her ears forward, she leaned in to listen. Not often was Elsa gifted with bits of their past, and the things they loved. Elsa smiled even wider when she mentioned that they had a mare who had been working on... a hospital?! Holy cow, that must be one skilled crafter. It had taken Elsa months to finish one dang sensory deprivation room, much less a hospital!

However, it seems that Elsa had made one mistake. The jobs! How had she forgotten? Usually the list was given in her long-winded rant, but her mind was so sidetracked by Gaelica. "Oh! I have forgotten, there are more jobs than being a crafter if that does not interest you." She finished with a light giggle. Of course, Elsa loved those who wished to be a crafter. It wasn't often that anyone would even give a second glance at the job. The norms were the warrior life, everyone wanted to save the world. "You also have the choice of warrior, spy, or healer. Those are pretty straightforward. Or, you can be a seer. Those in that line of work tend to speak with the Gods when they need to contact the herd." She shrugged, honestly other than that Elsa was not sure what the seers did. Drom was a friendly girl, but her work did not stand out like stone rooms and battle scars.

Turning, Elsa began walking towards the Falls, beckoning Gaelica to follow. The trip would be quick, and at the same time give her time to think over what she may want to become. Every so often she glanced behind her just to make sure she hadn't lost the new recruit. The Falls would like her, and it would be a pity if Elsa had lost her in the throes of her excitement. Thinking he was ever so clever, Edgar then hopped upon Elsa's head. Yet, instead of watching the view in front, he flipped to keep his icy eyes on the mare. The dang bird would be marked a creeper if he had actually been a horse.

"Talking"
[You're welcome to request a rank change ^^ and I can set up a thread for her and Gaelica in the Falls so she can officially accept and choose her rank.]
Elsa

Unregistered
[Sure! Lets go ahead and get everything set up for the thread in the falls, this should be fun!]