the Rift

Commanding the Gods [God of the Sun]

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

I remember the gods and the goddess of Helovia. Most worship them with unwavering devotion. Some are indifferent. I suppose that I rest snugly somewhere between.

Wolves like to hide in sheep's clothing and as long as that wolf keeps his nose clean it is okay. We all have our fantasies. But many of those sly wolves get restless with only wearing a sheep skin. They grow to be hungry. Their ambition rumbles in yearning for power. That power hungry wolf would grow to want to wear the entire flock. A wolf weighed down with a multitude of sheep's skin is obvious enough to the onlooker, but not to the next set of lambs brought to the field.

I will be no one's naive lamb. So I base my faith only in those that earn it. I had been taken from Helovia at too young of an age to have ever given one my loyalty. I do know that many come to these shrines to pray to their chosen deity. Which I used to think to be strange as a foal. But if life has taught me anything it is that you can only barge through so many doors before you knock yourself unconscious by ramming into the locked door. Your options are to get a thicker skull or to seek out a key.

Laying down I rested my head on the warm ground before me. I was tired. Emotionally and physically drained. So much has been lost and although I will return to Elivian at whatever the cost my ideas for doing so have no more weight to them than that of a mist. They have been easily seen through with the first opposition.

My eye lids fluttered growing heavier and heavier until they did not open again. A dream with the flair of a nightmare began not long after I had been laid into the arms of sleep.

I was surrounded by many. All of them shouted. They screamed. They fought one another to be heard. Their words were garbled and they spun a choking mess of syllables that meant not a thing to me. But the figures had no mouths to speak from. Faces with nothing more than a nose and flashing eyes shrieked at me. They demanded that I understand their gibberish. They pleaded and groaned. Then I saw their shadows. The shadows possessed the mouths. The mouths of the shadows moved formed words that I could here the faintest whisper of. The shadows went into a frenzy dragging their connected bodies closer to where I stood. Once close enough the shadows sprang forth and attached themselves to my body and began to murmur about the being that it had come from. All in Elivian tongue.

Stirring awake I knew that I had been given the key to opened my first locked door.

"Gods! Goddess! I not care who answers." Smirking I went on, "I wait." I would not leave this place until I had been acknowledged. "No rush. I young." I would lay in wait until one of them grew tired of me lounging about.

"Donec sciam somnus bonum ostendere." Yawning I rolled onto my side and allowed my eyes to droop once more. The sun had risen and with it had come the daylight's vibrancy that pained my eye that could still see color. Sleep was an escape from harsh daylight and the loneliness that had a crushing grip on my soul.

Donec sciam somnus bonum ostendere.||I will find good sleep here until you show.

Using VotG Pass to Quest for Keidajen's magic.

DarkxLight-Able to learn about a character and sometimes their memories by "communicating" with their shadow.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun watched as the foreign mare prostrated herself against his shrine, finding this form of worship rather odd and fantastic, but then she fell asleep. He was unsure whether he should be amused or insulted, so he held his judgments until she woke rather suddenly, saying that she would wait however long. The golden stallion watched day break on the horizon, the sky flooded with vibrant tones, and he took the shape of a single point.

The light grew, illuminating the ground as it breathed like a star. Blinding white purity flashed, and he walked through the ethereal beams like a portal, stepping effortlessly onto the stone which held the shrines. Blue lava churned all around them, but he seemed entirely unperturbed. Instead, the god waited, standing still with wings tucked to his sides and churning, metallic orbs observing the prone female. Patiently, he waited for her to rise. She had summoned him, after all and would be remiss to sleep through his arrival.

"Why is it that you seek me and my power and yet still intend to return to your homeland with my secrets?" he demanded, through the charismatic, masculine tones of his voice held no anger or ill will. The question was certainly worth asking - since he would be bestowing part of his glory onto her, and he was not fond of traitorous thieves - those fell under the seductive jurisdiction of his foul sister. No mind was safe from his searching, though he did not have all the powers. Still, her dreams shouted like an echo across his realm.

The God waited again for her answer, not even the breeze stirring his unwavering confidence and stony stance.

CREDITS

TierRen
Keidajen

I leapt to my hooves as a brilliant light lit all around me. Even with my eyes shut it was still a brilliant enough light to leave me reeling in pain. My brain is somehow able to process who it is that stands before me and my heart slows to a rate in which I can think many thoughts in the time of one of its echoing beats. Standing directly in front of me is the God of the Sun.

I refuse to show him any of the pain that I feel from his light. Not for the benefit of any sensitivities he may harbor but for the sake of my own pride. I may be a mortal in the face of a god but I will prove myself to be no ordinary soul.

To hide my face that still grimaced in pain I swept into a low bow. Already my facial expression changes slighty; across my lips comes something that rests between a smirk and a delighted grin. It was a clever cover. In Elivian I had worked as a mercenary for nobles. Meeting the Sun God was the first official god I met, but nobles think themselves to be gods also. There isn't much difference. This god will revel in having his ego stroked just as the gods of Elivian did.

"Correct me if wrong," I wished that he had not required me to speak. Could he not have pulled an all knowing god stunt? I feel puny and weak in his presence and it already makes me feel irritable; being unable to articulate my words cleary robs me of any show of wit that I could have played out. I am tight lipped in my determination show the god what I am made of. I may be skeptical of these gods, but I will not allow them to have any skepticism for me. "But newcomers stripped of magic. Then earn back. I willing to do opposite."

I stood tall. I flicked my forelock over my sensitive eye in an attempt to blot out the god's light but it is impossible to block it all. Still I stand unwavered and I lock eyes with the God of the Sun. I want him to see the degree in which I mean my words. "I go to any length you ask and when I return to Elivian you take magic back."

I dipped my head to the god, making another opportunity to rest my eyes, "Because I not of your land, I work twice as hard to deserve your gift of magic. Give me chance and I will amaze." Perhaps I am cocky, but I do have a reputation to uphold. In whatever form I am still Keidajen. No one is ever left unsatisfied with my works.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God of the Sun watched as the pearl jumped to her hooves, staring at him. He was used to it. She bowed, which was appropriate and then he saw in her mind something curious, something of which he was unsure. Naturally as one of the creators of this land, he was biased. Helovia was and always would be created by he and his sisters and thus is was beautiful and true. There was magic here, settled in every tree and in every ray of sunlight. Why anyone would willingly leave was beyond him, but he supposed that matters of the heart were never truly wise.

He cast away an errant thought about another.

Then, he listened carefully, mulling over her words and raising a brow. "I have no doubt that you are capable," he said, not wanting to press further into her head and read her thoughts. That was cheating after all, and he was an honorable cheat. Why would she want magic that he would just strip away again? Why go through the effort? "You want the magic even knowing that I will take it away when you leave..." he said incredulously. "Why is that? Why do you need magic in Helovia?"

The sun god rested on one hip, brow raised curiously. "I suppose I should also ask what it is that you want?" Sun waited rather patiently for him, since he was a tempestuous, wild beast. Flames billowed over his body and his golden, hawkish eyes never wavered from hers.

@[Keidajen]
((SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!))

CREDITS

TierRen
Keidajen

"I flattered." Hearing a god say he is confident in my abilities inflates my pride. Curious I listen to the God's questions. He is more than what I expected him to be. The God of the Sun takes a moment to question my motives. I had thought he would be dull in a musty sort of way, something like pre-chewed grass. After all, how many times has he gone through this same process? Yet he still questions me. Perhaps the wisdom of a God isn't all talk.

"Born here. But I don't remember Helovia. Language different," I hold my head higher and I continue to look the God in the eye. I am self conscious about my speech and no one, not even the God of the Sun, will be allowed to think less of me because of it. "I need magic to understand. To learn." It certainly isn't one of the most grand of requests he could have gotten, but a giant would be as harmless as a flea if he had no thirst for knowledge. "I can't find home if I can't understand."

My heart rate spikes and then slows to a cool rate whenever I am asked what it is that I want. All things in life are simple whenever you are asked what you need but desire is a completely different being. Desire is a temptress, a stubborn siren, that leads hearts on wild chases. Wild chases only lead to wild lives. Wildness is not what I want to fuel my actions.

"I had dream while here." I close my eyes while speaking in order to relive the dream. It is almost a relief to break my gaze from his. It had felt as if his eyes had combed over every portion of my soul. I wonder what he saw in me. "The shadows told what mouths could not. I want that."

No worries about the wait!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God of the Sun listened patiently, raising a brow at the mare's final statement. Dreams were dangerous and beautiful things. There were a few capable of tampering with the innocent thoughts of a unconscious mind, and he loathed to think of their nefarious purposes. His sister, recently discovered as the perpetrator of mass murder, was one of these, and his lips settled into a grim frown. "Shadows can be dangerous," he warned. "Shadows can hide, lie and cheat, but knowledge is honorable."

Sun sighed, frowning deeply. "What you ask for is a magic of dual, warring natures. You will need to prove to me that you will use this power for good and not evil - not with the darkness having killed so recently." He wondered if she had been a part of the moon god's shame? Had she seen the death? Had she tasted the rivers of blood which tainted Helovia forever? Perhaps she just needed a chance. Such a pure, honest heart was rarely tainted by wickedness.

"You will take this gift from me and use it as a reminder of what I have said. In order to obtain this power, you will need to capture the essence of shadow and knowledge, both tasks dangerous." The God spoke solemnly, knowing that what he was about to give her was a journey, not a destination. She would learn about herself on this adventure. "You must capture the essence of someone's shadow in these golden orbs. Along with each shadow, you must whisper a secret you learned from them. Once you have three, you will return."

Congrats!! Your quest is the following:
- You must capture a "shadow essence" in a golden orb. You do this by posting with someone in a NIGHT TIME setting and drop the orb on their shadow - so she has to be close!
- Then, she must learn a secret from this character and whisper it into the orb.
- Once the orb has a shadow AND a secret, it will turn black

You have the following items now:
:: [Item: 3 golden spheres | quest item used to capture shadows and secrets]
:: [Item: Small Flame Charm | a small (thumnail) sized golden charm that exudes harmless flames]

The flame on the second item will steadily go out as the season wears on. It will fully die by FROSTFALL! So you should complete your quest before the first day of FROSTFALL in order to keep the charm aflame.

@[Keidajen]

CREDITS