the Rift

[OPEN] water from the deep

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Once everyone had returned to the meadows they were presented with another task. Water needed to be gathered for all to survive on the boat. Miykael nodded in agreement, thinking for a moment of where the sources of fresh water were in Helovia. Blue eyes seek out emerald green and with a slow grin curling his lips, he nudges her shoulder. "Follow me, Aly!" He bends his head down, grabs the handle of his wooden bucket with his teeth and heads directly south of the meadow. Miykael glances over his shoulder to ensure that the black and white pegasus was indeed following him. Perhaps she even knew where they were heading. Though it was a tender spot for both of them, one that would likely bring the pain to the forefront of their minds; the task at hand was of greater importance.

The caves weren't far from their starting point but he remembered clearly in his mind the two sources of water that could be found within - the pool in the Wall of History room and the sunken waterfall a little deeper in, in the network of caves. Arriving at the mouth, he stops and turns to look at Alysanne. His blue eyes are warm and filled with love and then he turns and heads down into the cave. Once inside, he moves through the first room and off into the room with the Wall of History. There, he spots the pool that had once been used to heal others of the dark sickness. Miykael stands before the pool at the base of the fountain and lowers his bucket into it. The pool is somewhat shallow so the bucket comes out only partially filled. Stepping back, he sets it down carefully between his front hooves. "The waterfall is further in, we could fill up our buckets there." he states, his blue eyes searching her emerald ones. "The faster we move the sooner we can leave these caves." he adds, voicing his discomfort at being in these particular underground tunnels again. A small shiver shoots up his spine and in an attempt to ignore it, he lowers his head and grips the handle of the bucket once more. He then turns, heading deeper in and using the roar of the waterfall to find their next stop.

[Miykael and @[Alysanne] - Task 2]

well, me — i fall in love with you every single day
*       ********************MIYKAEL; SON OF AN ANGEL
image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne &

Miykael
“Lead the way, my dear!” She laughed as she too followed suit and picked up the wooden bucket in her teeth, finding it rather awkward to handle but growing used to it as they travelled.

--

Alysanne almost shied away when she realized where they were going, wanted to beg him to choose any other spring in Helovia. Why did it have to be here? Why couldn’t he have found a pond or a stream above ground? Thoughts of Voodoo mingled with the memories that were still tender from when she had found Miykael here. Of all the places!

But she didn’t shy away and she didn’t voice her objection because she wanted to be okay with it, she was trying harder now that they had Naerys - waking up every day fearful that she would be found out.

Thankfully, though, Mikey is as eager to get out of there as quickly as she is and she agrees with a nod (not finding it very easy to talk around the bucket handle) and goes so far as to nudge him gently to encourage him when she saw the shiver. She may have lied to him about the depth of her affection but she cared for him all the same.

The pair trekked until they found the waterfall and both eager to be out of the caves and to be back in the meadow with her friends and their family, she hurried over to the pool where the water fell. “How are we supposed to fill them up? Mine won’t get in the water!” Alysanne couldn’t help but laugh at herself as she took the bucket again and tried to dunk it in the pool, but the buoyant bucket refused to sink with her awkward motions.
Obsidian Dawn, Evelivesey, ISOStock
table by Sevin
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

Erebos held the buckets Adelric had gathered for them firmly in his mouth, trotting back into the caverns once more. He didn’t mind the fact that adults had berated and scolded them (after all, they had been trying to help) but he ignored their efforts all the more as he stumbled back into the grottos, hoping to embark on their next task. He remembered from his adventures within, especially as one went deeper, that there’d been a wonderful waterfall, running and fluid, widening out into a great pool. Surely they could gather enough water there and return it to the Earth God (and would he be proud of their efforts? The notion seemed welcoming and grand.). As they approached, however, they weren’t alone – two Pegasus were nestled by the same pool, and he tried not to be distracted by their great plumes and entrancing hues, meeting them at the edge with a bright smile and earnest endeavor. The mare seemed to be having trouble with hers, and while Erebos danced and waltzed across the water, as was his custom as prince of Poseidon’s threshold, he tilted his head from side to side, offering her advice. “Maybe if you put a rock in it? It could weigh it down?” Then, he settled back to his own motions, gently dipping the bucket into the reserve, listening to it splash around in the container.

[Task 2! Adelric and Erebos~]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after
I don't need another friend

Image Credits

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

those lonely eyes
don't have to be alone tonight

All of Helovia was buzzing with individuals running around to complete tasks handed to them by the Earth God. It made sense that he would ask for them to bring water to the boat, she supposed. Would food be next? Evangeline's tail flicked from side to side as she trotted quickly toward the caves. She remembered the waterfall there and the bubbling pool that was near the picture wall. She thought it would be easiest to get water there because she didn't beleive that too many would want to venture back underground again.

Her teeth were clamped around the handle of the bucket and she glanced back at Thor before she took the path that lead underground. Voices reached her ears and she was mildly surprised to find that a few others had gone to the caves for their water. As she moved into the room she saw that it was Miykael and Alysanne and two others that she had not yet met. The Pure dipped her head to them as she moved to the water and dropped her bucket. Naturally it floated, but Tallis solved the problem by landing on top of it and pushing it into the water. With her bucket filled Eva lifted it and set it on the ground before looking to Alysanne, who was having the same problem.

"Like he said, you have to put weight on it." She told the other mare. "Here, I'll help you." Mindful of her bucked, Eva moved toward the healer and pushed her muzzle against the bucket so it would dip beneath the surface of the water and fill.

"."
ooc://
Thoreva!

Thor
&
Evangeline
credits :: table

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child was emboldened by Erebos’ blatant disregard for the yelling adults that had commanded them out of the caverns. Of course, he had made it all the way back to the Meadow before realizing that Erebos wasn’t there. At least, it seemed, it was worth the trip. He had been furnished with some buckets for water, taking several so that he and Erebos could both fill up. When the two had united again, buckets divided, the half-child let Erebos take the lead, delving once more underground. He smirked- it almost felt good to be defiant, despite the fact that there was really no logic to the action.

As for his own bucket, it remained preposterously empty, crashing to the floor as his mouth gaped open. For a moment, the half-child even forgot that he was in the presence of other adults- adults who would surely yell at him for being underground, given the chance. “You can walk on water!” he exclaimed, amazed by his friend’s trickery, as though it weren’t obvious to all. “Cool! You won't even need the boat!”

Adelric & Erebos, doing BOAT STUFF!
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
The adventure continued, crisscrossing over various paths, meeting old and new faces. Imogen sauntered behind the Mender, wishing she could contribute, but Lena held their given bucket, so she was relinquished to chirping out possible directions to a water source. The nymph’s memories served as a wondrous reminder, however, since the days of pestilence and disease had run rampant, and they’d meandered down beneath the ground: there’d been a pool, administered by the Earth God himself, brewing with healing powers. Surely there would be enough to fill their buckets, ensure no one would go thirsty on this strange voyage. She turned to wink at Roland, because he’d know the sanction as well, deep, deep, deep into the fathoms, where’d they spun between vegetation and glowing tides. To her surprise, as they entered the confines, there were quite a few others (Alysanne, recognized instantly and given a generous smile, some foals from her own herd, and some other individuals she didn’t know, but felt necessary to grin upon). Lowering her bucket towards the reservoir, she placed one hoof upon the uppermost section, placing enough weight upon the top so as she dipped it within, the bucket didn’t float to the brim and foil their plans.

@[Roland] [Task 2!]
her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

thor & evangeline
Our words are strong and our hearts are kind
For the remainder of the tasks I’d decided to let Evangeline take the lead. She was the alpha in this duo anyways, at least if you were intelligent enough to pick up on such things. I was but a mere slave to her will… However, tailing her with a bucket grippe between my teeth really put a new spin on how others interpreted our relationship. She might have been set to task, but I was the silly brute who had to abide by her orders and honestly… I had no problem with that. Yet, following her around with a bucket, a bucket, was something I hoped to avoid in all future endeavors.

Instead of following everyone else to the nearby river, Eva and I decided (well Eva decided) to dip down into the Heart Caves in order to collect water from the fountain near the Wall of History. It was almost ironic that we’d followed another couple (lovers) from the Edge into the cavern’s depths, but they were certainly not alone. I chuckled at Alysanne and Miykael struggling to get their buckets to sink in order to gather water for the next task, but was surprised to find a horned colt intelligent enough to help. He made a valid suggestion and I decided to follow his instructions in dipping my own bucket into the pool.

However, I made sure to check on Eva before doing so. She already had her bucket pushed into the water’s depths and I smiled at her… she was so smart and- Well, we won’t go there now, but damn was I a lucky man.
Let me tell you just exactly what's on my mind

table code image credit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

I pout at Breccan. He seemed a little lackluster with our last adventure and now I'm feeling a little dampened in spirit. Oh well, that won't stop us from working on completing the next task for the Earth God. I like him - he's like a really big DAD. Calling him Daddy would probably not be very nice. Not respectful to Papa, and I bet that Mr. Earth God wouldn't like it very much either. He probably has his own kids and I don't want to get in the way of THAT. (But he does seem SUPER nice and I wanna be his friend.) Daddy or not, I'm happy to help him. I carry our bucket in my teeth, trotting along, once again leading Breccan, though with less bounce than before. I've found myself coming across a different place entirely from AALLL the other places I've been before. CAVES. I motion to Breccan that we should go inside, thinking about exploring now as much as I am about gathering water. Upon stepping inside I hear voices above the clattering of our hooves on stone. My golden eyes light up with curiosity and I keep walking through, peaking in different rooms as I go, heading toward the voices.

I found them! The voices come from several horses, some of them seem young but still older than Breccan and I. I approach shyly, beginning to tremble with excitement at the prospect of meeting so many other horses at once. I put the bucket down by the waterfall, waiting to fill it until I can say hi to the others. I've missed their conversation, and decide to join in by introducing myself. "Hi - my name is Tempe." I gesture back behind me in the direction of Breccan, should he have been following me as I thought. "This is Breccan, my brother." I smile warmly and my eyes are bright. Waiting for someone to respond, I go to move the water somehow into the bucket.

AND IT MOVES ON ITS OWN.

Just by looking at it and thinking about what I want to do, I see that it starts to move up from the pooling liquid and into the bucket. Just. Like. That. I jump and try to plant my feet to steady myself. "DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT?!" My voice echoes around the walls of the stone room. Oh my god. What. What. Whaaaaaat. Is this.. magic? Is this magic MINE?! Or maybe I'm just hallucinating? I look around wildly, trying to see if someone noticed it.

""
@[Breccan]
Task 2

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
naerys
Grabbing and carrying the bucket had been an awkward task for the small filly. It took several tries to keep it firmly between her teeth. Many times she would pick it up and, thinking she was good, walk forward and promptly drop the bucket. When she finally got a good grip on the bucket, she lifted her head high and pointed her nose upwards, lifting the bucket up enough that she could walk more easily. If it was this difficult empty, how on earth was she supposed to bring it back to the ship? The bay tobiano shrugs and walks forward, not even bothering to turn or figuring out which way she should be going. She'd find water sooner or later, right?

Besides, Hemlock and Eliana are here with her. How much trouble could she possibly get into?

When they came upon the opening of the cave, the filly sets her bucket down and glances around for her partner - hoping he had been able to keep up. Voices echo up from the cave entrance and plenty of them, too. Lifting her head she looks at the small owl and the starry zephyr for just a moment, then she once again picks up her bucket and wanders down into the cave. Naerys follows the voices and soon she spies them all. A bunch of horses of varying ages. Best of all, were the familiar faces of the black and white pegasus and the dunskin pegasus. In her excitement she drops her bucket and immediately shouts excitedly, as if the echoing thud of the bucket hitting the floor wasn't enough to alert everyone here. "MAMA! DADDY!" she squeals with delight.

The resounding echo, however, makes her flinch. Oops. Picking up her bucket once again, she makes her way to Alysanne - looking absolutely ridiculous and awkward with the large bucket in her teeth. She only just misses bumping into Alysanne's rear leg as she moves to stand beside her. She drops the bucket again and with her big teal eyes, looks up at her mother. "Help me, mama?" she asks sweetly, currently resisting the urge to jump into the water.

[Naerys and @[Brigand] crashing!]
image credits
- table by Niki -

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

when I pretend everything is what I want it to be

I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see

Home to cobwebs and mildew, silence, seclusion, and any number of unpleasant things, the sanctuary was the last place on the Thief's list of favoured vacation spots. Moss clung like molded, peeling wallpaper to every archaic surface, and each hallway was illuminated with only the vaguest of ghostly lights. Roland balked at the idea of going in there again, surrendering himself to the darkness, the seething shadows and uncharted chasms. But he had little choice. The air was humid, stiflingly damp as they descended further, the echo of water droplets as they fell to the stone floor a monotonous rhythm, a haunting beat the Thief had once known as the only source of sound, the only respite from a hollow silence that had filled every miserable day spent in refuge beneath the earth. He was not keen on returning to it.

But the pool that had gathered beneath the surface was fresh, clean, and they were not the first, nor the only to venture down into the caves in search of water. In fact, it was rather crowded along the rocky shore, with children calling out across the cavern, puzzling over the buoyancy of their casks. Several others lingered around the pool, and the Thief's gaze skipped over each of them as he followed after Lena. She dipped her bucket beneath the water's surface, gathering all she could carry from the underground reservoir, and after a moment's hesitation Roland stepped forwards to do the same. He wondered, with a growing sense of trepidation, which carnivorous fish might be lurking beneath the crystalline surface; waited for a set of razor sharp teeth to close around his limbs as he stepped into the pool and lowered his head. When he had gathered all he could, he retreated from the bank, the bucket's handle held firmly between his teeth. It tipped uneasily with every turn of his head as he cast an anxious look around, into the shadows, the darkness pooling in every corner like spilled ink, and hoped they would soon be removed from the catacombs.

@[Lena]

Image Credit

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

Sis is like, EVERYWHERE today! But i'm excited too because there was gonna be a giant ship and and we were gonna ride a boat and and... We hadn't seen Mum or Da. Did they know? I didn't really have time to ask Tempe, because again she was hauling tail, I was bigger and I had to struggle to keep up with her!

Also, when did Sis start misting? It's cool and I wanna do it, but she has magic too now, so I guess it's fair. When we get to the cave thingy, there's already a bunch of people, so I stay close by Tempe, my wing brushing hers. We're like, the smallest ones there. Then Sis does something AWESOME.

She lifts the water into the bucket. HOW COOL WAS THAT?!

"Holy cow, Tempe! That was awesome!" I focus, trying to move the water like she did, but no go. More arrive, and I frown, moving closer to my smaller sister's side, protective of her because...that's what big brothers do!