the Rift

[OPEN] rubies, apples, and other things that are red

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
“Did you see him anywhere, Brisa?” she asked as they finished walking through the Meadow, back to where Father Earth was providing buckets. Kahlua had been looking all around and hadn’t seen him, but all of Helovia was spread out completing tasks, so who knew where he might be. Nevertheless, the Sunshower was certain he was safe. For a moment, her eyes danced to where her daughter was, checking that the demi-goddess had not been injured in the mass chaos. Since she seemed safe, and didn’t seem to need any help, the queen was contented and went to gather up a bucket from the Earth God.

“Lets go check in the Forest… remember we met there?!” she says brightly, recalling the happy day she had stumbled upon Brisa near those clear waters with rubies below. Trying to keep her voice happy, to keep Brisa in good spirits, she bounced towards the pool where they could collect water, ever-watchful for Aeolus. His colorful wings would surely set him out. They would find him.

Kahlua and @[Brisa]
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

These tasks were actually turning out to be… fun. Mesec was glad he had found Apollo, glad that he was spending time with the older stallion again. He felt calmer in his presence and his heart felt lighter. Going around Helovia was proving to be a welcome distraction and he wondered if that was the point. After doing their sweep of the Steppe and returning to the Meadow they were greeted with the next step: finding water.

They were equipped with wooden buckets and Mesec grinned as he nudged one before him with a dark hoof. “This should be fun,” He commented without sarcasm wondering how easy it was going to be to fill them up and carry them back… without spilling the entire thing.

“How about we go somewhere a little closer this time?” The buckets would be tricky to handle so maybe a smaller trek would make it easier!

So the pair found themselves in the Deep Forest, weaving through the trees and keeping an eye out for a water source. Before that happened though, they did find a pair of mares walking together - carting their own wooden buckets. “Hello!” He called out, feeling braver than usual. Something he attributed to the friend he had at his side. “Have you two had any luck finding some water?”

mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart

@[Apollo]

MESELLO CRASHING THE PARTAYY
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

I keep an eye on Hertz as we trek through the Dark Forest, a place shrouded in shadow even under the bright sun of the day. I knew Morrigan had take quite the...swim here, I just didn't know the precise location, since asking her hadn't exactly been a priority when I saw her on the fields. Nay, other things kept me occupied...

We had returned, and the Earth God had given us another task. Whilst I had questioned it at first, gradually I noticed something. Everyone was grouping up, talking to each other and warning one another, completing these tasks in pairs. Perhaps that was the God's intention, and if that was the case, why bother with a flood?

I was not one to question a God, so I merely took a bucket for my son and I to fill with water, and lead Hertz here to the forest. We were not alone, it seemed, for up ahead were two mares and two stallions, three of which were familiar.

"Hey!" I call out, speeding up to a trot. The dark one.. I don't recall his name, if he had given it. Brisa was familiar, and I greeted her with a grin and dip of my head. The unicorn stallion and his feline were also familiar, however we had met quite some time ago. Azeeza perks up, poking her head 'round from my shoulder. I can feel her curiosity and growing irritation at the crowd, and an amused smile curls my lips when she plays 'shy' and hides herself within my mane...as best as a fat little chicklet could.

"Any of you know of water in this place?" I ask, slowing to a stop before the group, my gaze flickering to each of the faces in turn, lingering on the one least familiar to me: the black paint mare.

@[Hertz] Hertz and Buce.....

THEY CAME IN LIKE A WREEEECKINGBAAAALL

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Pixel by Aud

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Indeed, moving from one end of Helovia to the other with mouthfuls of buckets wasn't the smartest move ever, but Apollo had faith that between he and Mesec, they could definitely pull it off. Taking his wooden bucket in his maw, the Merciful followed the dark princeling to the Deep Forest, a land shrouded by shadow and memories.

As they progressed through the trees, Apollo couldn't help the downtrodden sort of sadness that seeped into his chest. For so long he had lived within the Deep Forest with the Grey, and it had become his first home in Helovia... And now, with this 'great flood' that the God of the Earth was proclaiming would happen, all of this would be wiped clean. All of the trees, the shrubs, the plants, the memories... It was depressing, and as they trekked through familiar shadows and stepped over familiar roots, Apollo couldn't shake his feelings.

So lost in his own depressive musings, Apollo didn't realize that they had stumbled into others until they were nearly upon them. It was Kahlua, and a stag that the overo stallion didn't recognize. Either way, judging from the buckets that they, too, carried, they were also coming to the forest to find water.

"There should be water close by, if my memory serves me correctly," the stallion suggested, smiling at his demi-God compatriot fondly before regarding the others who had joined them in the search for water, "Just a few paces to the east from here. A small stream... Unless it's dried up in the sun."

ooc: MESELLOOOO

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
At first the girl was confused as to what to do. As her Father called for water, her immediate idea was to go North, to where the lands grew cold. If she and Aithniel could manage to acquire some ice, that would assist in keep the water cooler for longer. And yet ... yet might the ice not melt in the heat of Tallsun on their journey back to the boat? In which case their efforts would have been wasted, with the net result of an efficient venture would be some luke warm water. And so they had decided to compromise; a closer location, but one might might be cooler.

The deep pool in the Woods seemed like a perfect place.

"Kahlua." Her voice sounded like a greeting as it was directed towards the painted mare, the queen of the Edge, her mother. The demi-child strode forward upon long limbs, with her cousin at her side, completely ignorant that yet another family member was present as well. The moon child Mesec was as of yet unknown to her, and so her golden gaze lingered on him briefly - just as briefly as every one else in the circle.

"There is no water here. Father's instructions were to find water. Why are you standing here if there is no water?" Her voice was stern, although its source was her confusion. Having not heard the previous conversation, she was ignorant of the fact that the location of the water was precisely what they were discussing. To her eyes, it seemed like they were simply having a chat.

There were much more important things to do, in her mind, that swap pleasantries. They had a job to do.

@[Aithniel] / Iso!

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Returning to the meadow things sure had stepped it up a notch of two since their last visit. No longer were people running around shouting about the boat but were instead seeming to do something productive. The first task hardly seemed necessary as it was practically just creating more chaos than what was needed. Yes they needed to hurry to get aboard the ship but there were also other necessary preparations to be made. AEOLUS WHERE ARE YOU? Being short had many advantages but in a crowd there was zero. If only she could grow a couple inches then she might have a chance to see over the top of others to pick out her son. With everyone seemingly working together she felt a little more at peace as there would be a decent chance that her boy would be in there as well. As thoughts drifted for a moment to Levex she tried not to get her hopes up that he too would magically show up on the boat. Grabbing her bucket between her teeth she turned and cantered after Kahlua so not to get left behind.

In her many visits to the Dark Forest she could not recall much about water but at Kahlua's reference their first encounter popped back in an instant. " Of course I remember." She answered a smile lighting her maw. Others must have been thinking of the same place for no sooner had they entered the forest did more of their friends show up. Acknowledging each of them in turn so not to seem rude she tried to recall where that water hole was. When Kahlua's daughter appeared she turned to greet her only to overhear her comments towards her mother. Since when could newborns have such a broad vocabulary? Also why was she basically scolding her mother when they were clearing heading in the same direction. Casting a questioning glance over to her painted friend she was unsure what to say to all that nonsense. " I believe Apollo is on the right track. Let's try there first and get this finished." She commented practically ignoring the child's scrutiny.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

I can't help but think that the glass mare, Ayelet, is rather afraid of me. I'm so fascinated with her, I'd rather have her be my friend than some subjugated girl. But even so, I kinda like feeling like the boss. The big ho-hum around town. Even if it simply because of my physical attributes, I'm enjoying it. And I like my physical attributes too, don't get me wrong. So as we go with our bucket, carried in my mouth, I lead the way, letting the pretty one trail behind me. I don't want her to think I am going to eat her. Her scent is of the Edge after all, and I'm not allowed to mess with them. Simple rules, but rules I consent to obey. Wandering through the forest, I look for others, knowing that if I can find other equines I may be able to find water as well. (So many of us are on the same task after all.) I hear voices and follow them in the dim light. They're moving through the trees, searching for - a stream, I think I overhear? I stay quiet behind them, and flick my tail in some strange motion to keep Ayelet following behind me. To the stream!

""
@[Ayelet]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel rather liked her bizarre little friend. In fact, this was the first positive emotion she had felt since watching the moon goddess leave the fray of bodies like a haughty... well... bitch. She looked down, feeling sadness that she was so upset over a tree. She didn't understand, but she could empathize all the same. The girl offered a gentle gesture of friendship by nodding in agreement, standing at her side in solidarity to respect the damaged oak. It was all she could do, really - except burn it. But that would be adding fuel to the literal fire.

The fire child was touched by her words, and Aithniel shrugged. "I am glad I make sense, but I do not know how." Her words were soft, unsure. Hidden beneath the conflagration of rage was deep-seated insecurity that she guarded carefully. Rarely did she let such honest tones slip.

Loyally, she followed, her cloven steps following those of her friend into the forest. She hadn't been here before. Silver eyes looked around the trees before spying a group gathering and a painted mare standing in the center. Aithniel frowned, staring between Iso and Kahlua. Oh wait, this was her mother? What...? The fire child leaned over, whispering once she had chastised her parent. Aithniel wouldn't have dared do that to Illynx. "That's your mother?" she asked, assuming it started with a 'K'.

Aithniel had seen Mesec before, and she looked at him sadly. How must he feel, knowing his mother was so wicked? She gazed, saying hello before walking away. "Hey, Mesec," she murmured before grabbing her bucket and walking to a pool of water, filling it dutifully. The fire child looked to Iso. "Ready?"

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
“We’re headed for the pool in the forest,” she said with a smile, bobbing her head to Mesec. She didn’t know him, but she would be happy to have him along. As several others joined the party, Kahlua actually found herself happy that Isopia was with them. Although the child was strange by normal standards, she was exactly what Kahlua needed in a daughter- independent. So, though she had dreaded the child’s coming for many months, she was finding that she actually liked the idea of being a mother… sort of.

“The world’s bigger than just what you can see,” she suggested to Isopia. In many ways, the queen liked the very task oriented way Isopia looked at the world. When she voiced her ideas, it made it very easy for the silly queen to follow along. Shortly thereafter, Kahlua (and presumably the rest of the group) came upon the pool of water whose bottom was lined with rubies. “See,” she added with a wink to her daughter, before lowering her bucket and filling it with fluid.

Kahlua and Brisa
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
"Yes?" She whispered back, though was unsure why they were whispering. It felt odd, but the girl was slowly learning that imitation got her through life better than relying on her own instincts. Blinking large golden eyes, the girl tried to discern what it was her ashen companion's face was expressing. Yet she found she couldn't. Facial expressions were so intricate! The meanings hidden in eyes and twitches of lips completely passed her by. She was observant. It wasn't as thought she didn't understand these things. Moreso ... she couldn't remember what they meant. The girl had found if you asked precisely what someone was feeling - what their faces and intonations were meant to convey - they lied.

How was she ever supposed to learn?

With uncertainty the girl followed her painted creator. The look in her eyes seemed to suggest that she was skeptical, but she trailed behind the queen nonetheless. As they arrived at the pool understanding dawned in her golden gaze. Her ears and head swiveled to catch Kahlua's words, which were met with a nod of her quad-horned head.

"Yes. I do see." She agreed with no hint of embarrassment or shame that she had been proven so clearly wrong. That the world was this large, that it could hide things so easily, fascinated her. That her mother wasn't as one-sided and ignorant of interesting and important things was also fascinating.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

They were in luck, it seemed! Although Mesec didn't know where he was going, the painted mare and Apollo both had a sense of where to look for some water.

Another joined them, a face that Mesec instantly recognized. The thought-stone stallion! “Hello again!” Mesec returned the grin used as a greeting with one of his own, glad to see that his friend from the Meadow had heard the warnings and was safe.

Another familiar face joined the group - he noted the pale form of Aithinel as she came into the woods with a younger filly... his attentions were divided between shock when the younger girl said “Father’s instructions.” Did she mean literally, was this the Earth God’s new child? He had not wasted any time in replacing Hototo then. He was frowning in worry over this even while the other half of his attention was on the girl that he did know, who greeted him with a sad look.

There was little interpretation needed as to why. It didn’t feel particularly good to be pitied by a foal, even a demigod. “Hey Aithinel.” He said quietly after her as she trotted off to get water, feeling the same curiosity about her as he had when they had all met up on the floating island. She was the Sun God’s daughter, Israfel’s ”replacement” if that was at all an accurate way to describe it. Little did he know that the younger filly by her side was Hototo’s. But this curiosity was dull now, the tasks they had been given were effective at distracting him from thoughts of his mother but now they rushed forward again.

Grasping his own bucket in his mouth, he followed Apollo’s lead with the rest until they found a place where they could fill them - trying to clear his head along the way. The ruby-lined pool was a beautiful sight but they had a job to do and smiling at the smaller filly he stepped forward among the others to add his bucket to the pool to fill with the water.
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times