the Rift

[OPEN] WATERRRRR

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Arriving at the boat with the sentinels had been an interesting journey. The entire way Arah had remained with her own sentinel, golden orbs stealing the occasional glance at Ulrik. For sure he was a strange one, very immersed in his work, yet the fae was sure that he would grow on her. The Earth God was still had at work when they arrived back, the boat looking sturdier than before. Powering down their sentinels was easy, Ulrik creations would surely be safe here; they were stashed in-front of the boat. Before Arah even got the chance to compliment The Engineer on the ingenuity of her creation, another task was given to them. Buckets were given to them with the very simple instruction to get water. Wynter, growing tired of all the traveling, began walking beside Arah. "The Ancient Rotunda is close." Setting off in the direction of her comment, the doe looked over her to smiled at Ulrik. Wynter wondered ahead, splashing through puddles, enjoying the land until it sunk under. "They're quite clever...those sentinels. Did you design them yourself?"

Finally they arrived in the center of The Rotunda, Arah eyed the huge body of water with a happy smile. Walking confidently into the sparkling water, the doe paid little mind to Ulrik as she began to fill up her bucket. Moving in so the water lapped over her knees, it only took a few seconds for her bucket to fill to the brim. Lifting it out of the water was one thing, carrying it would be hard work. Carefully she waded out of the water and then glanced happily at Ulrik again. "Ready when you are Captain."

Task 2 - Arah & @[Ulrik]

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Shortly after the little escapade with Destry and...December, Hector and I headed back to the meadow that housed the wooden thing and the winged stallion who seemed to continue handing out orders. My breathing came out in huffs and puffs as I did my best to catch my breath while we rested in the meadow. Hector liked to go fast...like really fast when compared to me. Although, maybe it was the urgency of the situation that made him go fast. I don't know.

My attention was directed to the one in charge as he started booming out another task for us to complete and handed Hector and I wooden buckets. Collect water so we won't go thirsty while on the giant wooden thing he said. I didn't understand. Couldn't we just collect the rain water somehow? Whatever the case I grabbed my bucket and silently asked the god of the Sun for the strength to keep up with Hector and survive the coming disaster.

Off we were this time going a similar direction as we did before but also opposite. Carrying the bucket while trying to keep up with Hector proved to be a new challenge. It bounced and jangled and swung from side to side. Constantly it was throwing my balance off. If it swung to one side if even by a little amount I felt my muscles tightening and relaxing all in an attempt to keep its movement at a minimum.

After a decent amount of time we arrived someplace that had a large structure that was adorned with fancy cloth and fancy pillars of stone. And then a little off to the side my eyes caught sight of a small body of water.

WATER!

Without even thinking and checking for safety, I rushed over to the water, set down my bucket and took a nice long drink. All this running around in this heat was making my mouth dry and tacky with thirst. Once I had my fill of water, I lowered my bucket into the water and allowed it to fill up. While it did so , my mind wandered back to what had happened with...her. I honestly didn't mean to do what I did. I just didn't know how to control whatever it was yet. And even though I had caused harm to her, I didn't mean it. I just simply wanted her away from me. Hector hadn't said a word about what happened yet and it worried me a little that he remained so silent on the matter. Did he hate what I did? Was he sacred of what I could do? My eyes softened as I quickly thought about what I would do if either of those were true.

“Hector,” I mumbled, “I'm sorry.”

I looked to him as I apologized with eyes full of worry laced with a small bit of fear. Would Hector be happy or mad about what had happened? I didn't know if whether what I had done was even a good or a bad thing. I could only hope that Hector wouldn't hate me, wouldn't be afraid of me. I just hoped he would see me the same way or at the very least still be willing to be within the same herd as me.

Please Sun, let it all be okay. I silently prayed as I waited for Hector to do something, say something. At least something, anything would be better than the agonizing silence he has given thus far.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 583
TAGGED;; @[Hector]
OOC;; So Isa hasn't noticed Arah at all. Just so ya know.

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

From the Thistle meadow we carried word of the boat, and now we were to take wooden buckets to fill with liquid so that we may be able to drink and remain hydrated for the time they would be trapped on the boat. Glancing to Phantom I've grown a liking for the mare, her humour is similar to mine but more twisted and dark. I like it, honestly. "I hope we don't run into those two again." I look at her, crimson to crimson in hopes she understood exactly who I was referring to. The nasty brainless fool and his bratty, arrogant child with her explosive magic. Weaving through the trees with Phantom beside me, I hear the faintest whisper of others, ears flicking forward as I take a step into the light to peer at the source of the voices. I pray it isn't the problematic father daughter duo again.

Familiar faces of Hector and the bay babe cause me to smile a little, relief washing over me. I work my way towards them with the wooden bucket, setting it beside me so that I could nod my head in greeting. "Hello again, Hector." The smile is something false, a friendly smile hiding the sadness I had been trying to keep away from Phantom, from the rest of the world. I didn't like letting people see my worries washing over me, I hated it. Looking to Phantom I grasp the bucket in my mouth, stepping into the warm water, letting it catch the feathering around my hooves and pull at it gently for a moment. Bending my neck down slowly with Yseult perched between my wings, I dip the bucket beneath the water to catch it before raising my head. Turning cautiously as to not spill the water even though there was already rivers of it running down the sides, I step back onto the bank, twitching my wings in case I needed to use them to catch my balance. "Want to stay and chat or go back to the meadow?" I manage a few muffled words over the handle of the bucket, gazing at my alabaster companion curiously, dark ears perked up with interest.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: Destry & Phantom !!
word count: 374

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

After the hurried rush to alert everyone, a new task was put in place through the gravelly voice of the Earth Lord. Buckets starting appearing everywhere, and Hotaru nudged her shoulder against Rhiannon's to get her beautiful soldier moving. She wasn't going to separate from the brindled mare, not with so many of her enemies milling around, their relationship out in the open to be filed away in so many heads. "Let's grab ours," she spoke, leaning up to let her breath tickle and tease against the outside of her soldier's ear. Then she sashayed forward, glancing over her shoulder and fluttering her lashes innocently, though her dichromatic eyes spoke of something far more heated and playful. And then she was off, trotting to go retrieve her bucket and jog off, looking over her shoulder to try and entice Rhiannon to chase her. They had places to be, after all.

That place happened to be the Rotunda. Hotaru didn't want to be around so many people, and she'd seen the familiar form of Arah heading off in that direction. So it seemed to be a rather safe bet. And though a young pegasus was also hanging around, it seemed rather safe just because of the amount of Basiners loitering around the river. Hotaru plopped her bucket down into the water triumphantly, thrusting her hoof into it and submerging it. Alice bumbled into the water with a yelp of excitement, promptly soaking herself and racing around in the stream, splashing Hotaru in her eagerness. Hotaru laughed softly, watching the eager pup race around in the water, before promptly grunting and lugging her bucket right back out of the water, filled to the brim. She set it on the grass and nodded a hello to Arah before turning to wink at Rhiannon. "Having fun, gorgeous?" And then she noticed the purple and red mare, the one whose laurel crown turned armor that Hotaru had stolen. The one the she-wolf was wearing in that exact moment. Narrowing her eyes, she turned and muttered to her dearest, one ear trained suspiciously on Destry. She wasn't going to give up her beloved prize so easily. "I stole her armor. She might be upset about that, so just watch her." Hotaru would rip out the mare's throat before she even threatened Rhiannon, but still. She had to make Rhiannon feel like the protector, too.

@[Rhiannon] and Hotaru!

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

Phantom agreed whole-heartedly with Destry that she didn't want to run into those two again. Of course she felt that things got more out of hand with that situation when Destry threatened the little suckling brat. "Don't threaten anymore children." She instructed the younger girl. It did nothing to help them with their tasks. Not when they were supposed to be helping one another. She suspected that the Earth God was a little .... naive if he thought they would all work together without incident.

The pale mare lapsed into silence shortly after, allowing Destry to greet anyone they happened across. The ones they came across, however, with the exception of two were from the Basin. Phantom knew their faces but not their names and even if she did she would not have stopped to chat with them. They had a task at hand that needed to be completed in a timely manner. They did not have time for chit chat.

She paid little attention to anyone else as she dunked her bucket into the water to fill it, an ear cocked toward Destry as she spoke her question. "Head back to the meadow." She replied. "We can all chat when we're on the boat."
"."
ooc://
PHANTESTRY!

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Even though there was the threat of this supposed 'great flood' that would wipe clean the land they lived upon, as sort of a 'cleansing' to start over, Rhiannon couldn't truly find it in herself to care. Right now her focus was on the fact that she was finally, finally with the alluring maiden that had stolen every fiber of her being. The demons that wrought the brindled mare's soul were finally at peace, soothed by the siren's song that could only come from Hotaru's pale lips.

The world could end, and she wouldn't care, for every desire, every whim, every yearning for life was accomplished here. With Hotaru. If the world truly ended, Rhiannon would die happy.

Even as the God of the Earth described their second task in preparation for the coming rains, Rhiannon scarcely heard it. Her ears, and eyes, were focused on the individuals around them, watching and waiting for one of them to try something upon her fair maiden. If any imbecile was brave enough, or stupid enough, they would be met with two sharp horns and a snapping jaw. The mare's posture was rigid with military precision; head held high, hooves squared, haunches taut with coiled bones and muscle, prepped for a fight.

Fuck them all. Let them drown.

Pulled from her reverie by a promiscuous touch to her shoulder, the soldier's head turned towards the object of her affection, brows furrowed in confusion. Before her lips could form an inquiry, Hotaru was speaking, and the feeling of her breath and the sound of her husky words caused the Weaver's loins to stir. "Let's," Rhiannon said softly, sensually, letting the simple word flow from her mouth like a purr. Allowing herself to hang back, the brindled female watched as Hotaru stalked forward like the predator she was, enjoying the view of her hindquarters before grinning ravenously and following after.

Taking the wooden bucket in her mouth, courtesy of the God of the Earth, Rhiannon followed after her beautiful maiden, arriving at the Rotunda with their buckets in tow. Molten-gold and icy-silver oculars eyed a few familiar forms from the distance as they approached, recognizing their allegiance to the Basin, and one being the form of her adoptive mother, Arah. Relief filled her, knowing that Arah would be alright in the coming rains.

Lowering her head beside the form of her coral Queen, Rhiannon plunged the bucket into the cool water, dual-toned eyes watching as the young Alice darted through the water as the bucket slowly filled to the brim. With a warm, breathy chuckle, the Weaver wrapped her teeth around the handle of the bucket and lifted it back onto the shoreline. Hotaru's words caused the soldier to pause, gaze flicking back to that of her maiden, and chuckled once more.

"Always, my beautiful sweet," Rhiannon murmured in response, letting her bucket rest upon the soft grass. As Hotaru's attention seemed to be drawn elsewhere, the Weaver stiffened and followed the phantom's gaze, dual-toned eyes narrowing in contempt as she realized just who Hotaru was looking at. It was the Harpy. The winged Harpy from so many seasons ago. One ear tipped towards her beautiful beloved, listening as Hotaru spoke of how she had stolen the armor that Destry had worn. The knowledge caused a ripple of satisfaction and desire to course through her loins, and unbidden, she laughed, uncaring of any who may hear and stare. Focusing completely on Hotaru, Rhiannon's gaze turned hungry with attraction, dark lips twisting upwards in a satisfied smirk. "Oh, you devious little minx. What a treasure I've gotten in you... No worries, my love. I've crossed this bitch before."

Oh, Rhiannon would watch... And she'd rip those wretched wings from the Harpy's shoulders should the bitch strut their way.

ooc: Nonnie and Ru are here to crash! :D

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia chuckled at Torleik's interactions with his cousin, feeling light as the group interacted in a friendly way. She thought that others misunderstood the powerful engineer, since he seemed perfectly likable with his conversation. He had even cracked a joke about the braided stallion at her side. As they walked, keeping the sentinels in line all the way back to the ship, she looked over at Torleik, shaking her head awkwardly as her quick glances hadn't gone unnoticed.

She snorted shortly, lashes fluttering nervously over her strange, dual colored gaze. "Oh, no, nothing is wrong," she replied quickly. On the contrary, more was right. But, she didn't have the words to say so out loud. Instead, the pair followed Ulrik and Arah to the ancient Rotunda, remembering meeting Torleik here quite some time ago. Ophelia snapped back to the present and found Arah, greeting her with a warm smile before watching other speak below.

"Be nice," she said softly to the entire group. This was about team work. Even if you had to pretend, pretend for the carefully crafted reputation of the Aurora Basin. Ophelia stood next to Torleik, taking her bucket and dumping it in the water. She splashed him instead.

@[Torleik]

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Arah made a surprisingly good worker, he mused. He watched her diligently observe the sentinels as they moved, and she knew that Torleik had spoken to him behind his back. Still, she worked. Whatever he said must have not phased her too badly - or it had not been honest. Either way, he wasn't entirely perturbed. Instead, his cousin spoke to him like some sort of royal snit, and he snorted, rolling his bronze eyes. "Talk like that and it'll stick," he grunted in amused banter.

Together, they arrived safely to the Thistle Meadow, and he powered them down before listening to their next task. Water, really? Wasn't he the god of water? Why couldn't he just summon the clouds his own goddamn self? The stallion grimaced and held his tongue, the only sign of his frustration a slight twitch of his massive lion's tail.

Ulrik decided to follow Arah, having never been out of the Aurora Basin to venture too far. He hadn't even realized this rotunda structure was here. Or did he? Honestly, he couldn't be bothered to remember. The stallion heard her compliment though, and he pulled him out of his own head. He tilted an ear in her direction, raising a brow. Why was she asking? What were her motives - if any? Ulrik knew he was shit at navigating social situations, and having his damn cousin and his fairy princess follow them around was not helping.

"Ah, yes," he rumbled, thinking back. "Machines are just an extension of nature herself. You just have to look at it the right way."The great beast glanced at her again. "Thank you."

Ulrik shoved his bucket into the water and yanked it out until it was dripping with water. He set it down for a moment when she spoke. What was that look on her face. Was that happiness? He was so used to seeing scowls. Mostly his fault, but... "Heh, sure." Ulrik took his bucket up again and walked off, ignoring whatever female spat was happening in their vicinity. He didn't know. And he didn't care.

@[Arah]

(Please tag me in every post)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Ayo ma lemme get yo numbah

Torleik snorted loudly at Ulrik. "Why use lot word when few word do trick?" he returned, getting his cousin's accent and manner of speaking rather spot-on for his answering volley. Shots had been fired and the Bloodskald would see this familial joust through - with all the love and play that came with family, of course. Their Sentinels dropped off, he paid little heed to Arah or Ulrik as they traveled towards the Rotunda.

Bitter memories mixed with the blossoming petals of his future with Ophelia were mixed here and he prayed that they could get in and get out quickly. He did not want to stay at this place longer than he had to. Phi claimed nothing was amiss but her nervous blinking made the fighter wary. Was something wrong? Had he done something wrong?

Torleik's stomach dropped. Did she know about his promise to the Moon Goddess? Was she going to admonish him for his decision?

He shoved such thoughts from his mind and set to their task, bucket in mouth and into the water it went. And then he was splashed and his head jerked up, eyeing Ophelia with a mixture of mischief and danger. "Did you just...splash me?" he inquired, mimicking her words the last time he'd covered her in water, then smirked at her. "You'd best not start a fight you won't win. Remember - I was victorious last time, my lady," rumbled the warrior. A quick glance around reminded him that they were not alone, however, so he stowed whatever other comments he might have for the moment.

Ulrik would give him so much shit for flirting if he was too obvious.

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

For the remainder of their return journey, Hector strode in brooding silence – perhaps not the kindest reaction to her unravelled magical ability – but he wasn’t well in tune with the emotional needs of a yearling. He could not help but think about Eris, Ares, the children who had been but a fleeting fog in the pages of his history and whether he might have been more comfortable with them in a similar situation. He sighed deeply, guardedly, conscious of the filly’s nervous gait by his side (but not so aware of the quickening of his own swinging legs).

Soon enough they were nearing the timber structure and the God of the Earth who was still nurturing its growth. The toiling deity summoned them nearer and both Hector and Isara were given a bucket with a directive to fill them; they set off quickly after in a south westerly direction (so as to avoid any contact with those previously met). Along the way, the giant watched vaguely as the child fumbled and fuddled along with the bucket’s handle clasped awkwardly between her teeth.

They fell beneath the cover of another grove-like area, though he had been there many time before and knew well of its differences. Though he paused, chin tilted towards the heavens and nostrils testing to warm wind, painted flesh sprang away to find the shining face of the water and he could truly do naught but launch after her – fresh aromas tinged the air, and he was none too comfortable about striding like vermin by a snake’s den. He would have preferred to find first, just who was watching them. It wasn’t uncommon for strangers to mingle at such landmarks, but wariness ticked in his gut.

Nevertheless, the stallion paused by the filly’s side as she placed her bucket and dipped her mouth to the water to drink. He too felt parched after their venturing cross-country and was grateful for the opportunity. A frail voice lifted to touch his ears, and he soothed her tenderly with lips touched to her cheek. "You have no reason to be sorry Isa. Though you cannot let dangerous magic stray so recklessly." No sooner had Hector set his own bucket aside however, than a rustle drew his interest and with water trailing from sodden lips, he turned to find the Dragon Spy approaching with her horned companion, Phantom. Destry greeted them amiably enough and the warrior responded with the same – so too did he fill his bucket, and that resting beside Isara at that point.

More arrived by the second, gathered about the precious entity for a sole purpose, and though no words were this time shed in the direction of he and the child he guarded, Hector regarded their patronizing with a cautious eye – Destry was a desert sister.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times