the Rift

[OPEN] Liquid Gold | task 2

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

They arrived back in the meadow as instructed, and Africa’s delicate gaze swiftly came to rest upon the expanding bulk of fresh timber and vine. She had seen nothing like it in her past. The God of the Earth was still toiling it seemed, though she could barely make sense of the structure in any stage of completeness. It was a sight to behold regardless, inspiring and astonishing where it stood, dominating the gaping field, though she made no secret of her wish to remain at a distance.

The bulge of her swelling barrel pressed close.

Warm lips wandered nearer to Midas (his presence soothed her), to find the steep black shoulder between cold metal and feather, and they nibbled gently at the hot, sleek hair across it. While the world turned to chaos around them, she could not deny how impressed she had been by the stallion’s clarity throughout – not a feather of his had been ruffled in the chaos, not even the bat of an eyelid. She supposed it was this tendency and composure that made him such a fine leader (so much better than she had ever even hoped to be).

Steamy breath lolled across him, blending easily into the still, hot air surrounding.

The God began to speak again, and the deep sound of his resonating voice drew her focus quickly to the front. At the same time, the crowd began to move like a rolling sea of colour and she noted as she glided forward in suit, that some were leaving again already with a bucket. She and Midas neared the front, and as they stepped at last up to the working deity, he explained that they were to fetch water and return with it so that none may suffer thirst.

A straight forward task she thought quietly, taking the bucket quickly before the stallion beside her could reach – “Pleashe, woujou mind bringing it back?” She smiled humbly, well prepared to carry her share of the task. Africa would certainly not allow her peculiar health of late stand in the way – and gathered her groaning legs beneath ready to leave.

Though Midas was quite evidently the more level-headed, appropriate leader, the one-winged mare appreciated him letting her feel (even somewhat) in control of each duty they were given. With a bold stride she lead northeast, of course, again to the one destination in Helovia that gave her a sense of security – Hidden Falls. The melted-snow streams and fall-fed pools were a delicacy indeed, and she felt like a contribution from their home would be a nice gesture; a token of their gratitude, in a sense...

The bucket swung awkwardly as she shifted often between a swift canter and trot; the handle was an awkward shape to carry, and her untimely weight-gain harried any journey she made. But they arrived, at last, and Africa quickly placed the God’s vessel upon the soft loam. “Which stream should we take from?” she asked pointlessly, having slipped already through a pool and a waterfall along the way.

Image Credits

@[Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The sun beat down mercilessly upon our backs and that of a not so distant crowd. They stir, some are restless, most are anxious, and all feel a sense of urgency. Yet, yon God kept with his work, never seeming to rest or be distracted from the task by yon hoard or climate. The tangled mess of bramble and branch, woven into something of worth – a priceless monstrosity that would soon become our saving grace.

Meanwhile...

These feathers felt rained upon, moisture pooled beneath; I fanned them from my sides – perspiration slicks back the yin yang hairs of ebony and ivory. A trusting set of lips soothes the skin along my shoulder and nape, that same whiskered muzzle pushes boldly past downy feathers to nibble and scratch at a spot I’d been treated to find was surprisingly pleasurable and satisfying. Another sinful sigh of content bliss ripples past my unclenched jaw. Like a dog whose belly was rubbed not enough, I soaked in the affections she offered as a starving man would his meal. Despite the heat burning holes into darker parts of this body I'd never been more at ease amid chaos. One gilded cheek turns her way, moving to gently press against the sure curve of her humid neck; each pass tenderly brushing the granite hues with even strokes.

I let my gaze drift silently down meadow, toward the masses in a futile attempt to pinpoint familiar faces from our family and that of others. There was burning hope I'd even catch sight of Cera, or Ranjiri. Yar…my mind turned to work a heartbeat later, thinking that there was still many within our valley who would need aid. Eventually we are called forward, the luring bellow of Earth's voice is like a bright beckon – while we are left waiting in the dark. The light summoned all to draw near.

Africa presses inward, I follow close at heel. It was warmer near the clustering bodies...They milled around, some carrying empty buckets. A moment later, we stood before the mighty one. He gives us a pail and ushers the same directions given to those who'd come before. I start to move ahead to grasp yon handle, another jaw beats me to it. Gaze rises to see Africa coyly slipping back, the wooden vessel between her teeth.

One brow rose in question, but there is a flame of mild amusement flickering in its wake...Yar, an interesting girl this one was. I nodded toward her garbled words and follow again as she leads the way into the cooler forest. Muzzle slipped fondly along her spine as we walked, I traced the line of barrel to hip with slow concentration. The womb of her body was swollen...almost as if...breath suddenly found itself lodged in the back of my throat.

Walking became trotting. I hung back, watching her swinging hips, bulging...Tis good she didn't take notice, otherwise her eyes might behold my gems the size of moons and jaw hung to drag across the dirt. How could I have been so blind? Why did she not give voice to it? Thousands of tiny questions gurgled to life as we went on. Home loomed before us, the mighty waterfalls drilling their merciless way to the lower lands.

Disposition had returned to some semblance of normal by the time we'd pasted the cave and crept down the many stone stairs. "Afr-," words halted by a question. I felt my jaw set itself into a firm line, "Yar," vocals murmured, "Any clear stream will do...maybe the water near slant rock." Intent obviously referring to our meeting place...
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
Fig
They made it back in good enough time – as fast as a hefty Lignea could travel – and already there were swarms of horses gathered before the God of the Earth.

Fig cast her warm brown eyes between their patchwork patterns and diverse colours, drinking in the glamour with a stiffened tongue. Prim’Sylva had no resemblance to the characters that so arrogantly roamed the plains of Helovia – they were a conservative race, quiet, and dressed accordingly. Cold roots draped like a blanket down the side of her barrel pressed close against her pale friend. Fig was glad to have found Laedere in the midst of pandemonium, her head seemed steady, thoughtful and her manner was not as brash as those scurrying around.

With the pale mare close, she moved to follow the tide of the crowd as they moved nearer towards the God, spilling around him like floodwaters around high-ground. They ended up before him, beside the monstrosity that was being crafted, and the tree-girl’s bewildered gaze glazed over at the sight of living trees warping and twisting to form its curved bottom. A bubble caught in her throat, and the leaves spread over head seemed to shiver nervously. But they were soon on their way again under new instruction – they were to use the bucket provided to collect water. Fig was glad that at least she would not starve; presumably they would be asked to fetch flora next, but the thought made her cringe and her mind sting with reluctance.

“If you like, hang the bucket from a branch – one that seems thicker.” There would be many for the other mare to choose from, if she picked one too lithe it would slip beneath weight and the God’s bucket would slide right off.

With the bucket safe and swinging in her canopy, they hurried north to the land that Laedere mentioned – a waterfall being perhaps the ideal source for their bounty. The journey took them a solid half day, and Fig was awfully grateful that her friend was not particularly bothered by her snail’s pace. In her homeland, there was no need to hurry in such a way, and it felt extraordinarily unnatural as she hustled along – not to mention the constant tangle of her branches with that of the vast forests. By the time to roar of water filled her ears, the young Lignea was quite exhausted, and paused at length to catch her breath.

There was them hum of voices nearby – it came from the mountain actually – and she tipped an ear forward curiously to listen. “Laedere?” she whispered... “You don’t suppose the mountain is speaking to us do you?” Often times she had spoken with fellow trees, so the concept did not strike her as absurd. She cast a curious look by the winged mare and smiled.

Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
❈ when you go home everything looks different ❈
When they finally returned the Earth God was already shipping out another task to be completed. Fig looked completely exhausted and so Laedere only dared to move when it was that the tree-mare dared to move her own frame. She moved as if she were made of stone -each movement looking like such an effort compared to the easy grace that Laedere covered the ground. Still, she would not leave this one's side. She would make sure that they were both safe and sound upon the ship in the end. And, as she peered at the buckets it was only when Fig made mention of her branches that Laedere actually spun into some kind of work. Her mouth picking up Fig's bucket first and placing it upon a thicker branch and then repeating with the other one. "Ye fine?" she inquired but it was as if the mare was ready to go.

The stocky frame raced (as much as the tree-mare could race) toward the Falls, Laedere leading the way at her normal walk. It was only when they got there that Fig spoke once more. This time, she was asking if the mountains were talking to them. Laedere couldn't help but to laugh, pushing forward and shaking her head. "Nay, mine companion. Tis simply thine herd speaking from over yonder. Perhaps it would be in favor for us to assist them." Laedere says, pausing a moment. She carefully tugs the two buckets from her limbs before starting to move off, leaving them by the water's edge. "Mineself will be right back. I prithee would be willing to fill thine buckets with water? Perhaps we might assist them in carrying back their treasures," and by treasures she meant buckets of water. So, she headed off quickly, going through the waterfall and into the lands before arriving near their sides. "I prithee ye both… would ye like assistance in lugging ye water back yonder?" she inquired, tilting her cranium ever so slightly, "Fig and I are depositing water into our vessels just outside thee border." A gentle smile curled up the corners of her lips as she awaited Africa and Midas' answer - in hopes that she could assist her Caliph and friend. Yes, hopefully they could all help each other.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

laedere && fig

Coding || Image Credit