the Rift

[OPEN] Dear Liza, a Hole

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky

ADVENTURE TIME
with cheska & auriel

If anyone asked Cheska, they would be heartily informed that no one should be drinking so much in an enclosed space, for reasons that a proper lady wouldn't dare articulate. There were children around, for gods' sake. If anyone asked Cheska, she would tell them if they couldn't wait survive a few hours without their creature comforts, maybe they should reassess spreading their genes after the flood. Natural selection had been handily left out of this process. If anyone asked Cheska… but no one had. And besides that, she wasn't exactly the god in this situation. So she put her head down and readied herself and her company for the inevitable.

"Un bucke' 'r 'oo?" she asked around the handle. One bucket each? Two trips in Cheska's bucket? How was one bucket supposed to make any difference? Was she supposed to let a child carry as much as a full grown mare? Maybe she hadn't properly evaluated the breadth of this challenge. Or, rather, she hadn't evaluated the challenge of her own excitability. She dropped their filled bucket next to the pool. Was sparkly water worth more points? Doubtful.

She paused to look around, making sure no one else required a warning. As usual, an idle mind was the devil's workshop. "Always thought the Earth God'd be… taller, you know? Or at least more… treelike." She lifted the bucket for instant karma. A tiny hole spewed out the side. She looked at her partner a moment, chagrined, before shrugging. "Well," she sighed, "momma always said 'cain't never could.'" Again… whatever that meant. "Help me find somethin to plug this sucker up."

@[Auriel]

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

She had to get out of there, to get away from those two and all the things they made her feel. Her heart was racing a mile a minute, and she had been quick to make her way back to the boat to listen for the Earth God's next task. She had nearly forgotten that she was supposed to be waiting for Rostislav, especially since she had said he could lead the way. Old habits died hard she supposed. She was on auto-pilot, thinking but not thinking all at once as she went through the motions, not even batting an eye when she lifted the bucket in her mouth, and moved away silently, not even thinking to speak. Nothing clicked in her mind, it was short circuiting at the worst time, and all she could do was keep going, because if she didn't, she would shut down there and break into a million pieces.

There was only a slight sting with each step now, dark scabbing tugging at white skin with each step as her little scratch had healed, though the moment in her mind most likely never would. Soon her hooves were taking control and she was walking, absentmindedly for that matter, into the deep forest. She almost didn't notice the duo, the mare and foal, until she about walked right into the fellow equine. Coming to a halt inches from her, steel eyes looked at her blankly, silently, before her gaze was slowly looking to the leaking bucket dangling from her lips. Watching the trickle momentarily, things ran through her mind to figure out this equation, before she was turning away and towards a nearby tree.

Approaching the trunk, her soft maw felt along the side, lipping the ridged bark, until the tell tale sign of stickiness revealed the treasure she was seeking. Grabbing a stray leaf, she gingerly rubbed it against the thick sap, coating it heavily, before working herself back over to the group. Without another word she plastered the leaf against the hole, attempting to seal away the leak to keep all the water contents in. Stepping back to inspect her plan, she nodded, before taking her own bucket and filling it to the brim with water. After she did so, she stepped back, staring calmly at this spotted mare, voice a little more rigid than usual, but matter of fact nonetheless,"It most likely won't last long. I would hurry back if I were you. I am December, this is Rostislav behind me." She looked to the filly, scanning over her wings and horns, recognizing her as the sibling of Shida. The bitter taste rose into her throat, and she tried to fight it away, to not let the annoyance seep into her veins, but it was futile.

"You're her sister right? The exploding child? With the hazy father who enjoys swearing and-" she stopped herself before going further. What she wanted to say was, and doesn't keep his children in line?, but Auriel had seemed to be a rather capable child, and not a little shit like her twin. Perhaps she spent more time with her mother; whomever she was. Turning her head back to look at Rosti with ears pricked, she spoke again, her normal vigor slowly seeping back through her, the irritation overstepping the sorrow,"His name is Oxy right? The draft unicorn that's always chewing on weeds." He was a dick too, someone she hadn't at all been pleased with when he threw himself around, claiming that his children could do whatever they wanted, just because he was in too much... whatever he was, to reel them back in.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 609
Tag: @[Rostislav]
OOC: December & Rostislav. Destlov for task two!}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I don't really know... what is going on with December. But there seems to be some sort of conflicted emotion within her. I'm not sure I wanna touch that tangled mess - what if I never emerge again? And I mean, she's cool and all, but am I sure that we aren't close enough to really go there. So I trail behind her, responding only when she talks to me first. I'm not good with the whole... chatty... feels thing. Maybe someday but right now, not so much. I do, however, feel bad that the filly hurt her. Uncalled for, really, and if I had healing powers I might do something for the wounded mare. She keeps going on, not wanting to stop in our tasks. I'm zoning out, paying less and less attention to what's going on around me. When she stops I nearly run into her. I watch as she speaks with the mare and filly. I don't recognize either of them. This time, December does introductions. I nod at the pair formally, mumbling a hello. December has plugged up the hole, making sure that no extra water escapes. Still, I pay little attention.

Until some interesting information wakens me. Exploding child? Hazy father? December turns to me and mentions the suspect: Oxy. Chewing his weed, etc. "Pardon?" My voice is gruff as it wakes up, and my eyes are wide. "That child is OXY'S?!" A wild snort leaves my nostrils with force. "She almost killed Kiara! And Vitani! I'm going to have WORDS with Oxy." A lot of words. I.. I didn't even know he had kids! And who'd he have them with?! Fuckin' Christ. Of course he'd be the father of the kid that tries to KILL my own. If horses could facepalm. Oh yeah, Oxy will be hearing from me. I look at the filly - a sister? Does this one EXPLODE things too?

I LOVE the title of this thread. One of my fav long ass songs XD

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
At this point I would follow Cheska to the ends of the earth. She loved me so much, at least I think. I can't help but wonder if some day she'll be a real mommy. Her children would love her. Ill be jealous, of course, but hey, they can be like my little friends! Picking up my bucket it dangles awkwardly in my mouth. At least my teeth have grown in, otherwise, this would be real bad. I hope me and Cheska stay buddies after this. I would be sad if we didn't.

Trotting along behind her she leads me to a huuuuugeee forest. It's dark, and scary, but I trust Cheska. She's an adult, she's got all this life stuff down. Toddling after her I manage to keep upright for most of the time, only tripping on the bucket once or twice. It would be when it's filled that I would have the problem. If we was going to the ocean, there was no way I was going to lift that sucker all the way back. Eventually though, I saw what she meant. There was a sparkly pool out before us, and she dipped her bucket in. Ohhh... so we only needed a little bit! I hoped forward, bucket in mouth and dipped it in. It was navy dragging it out but I managed to get mine upright on solid ground, mostly filled. However, as Cheska lifted hers, water began to spew out. She said something about her mom too, and that sounded smart. I have no idea what it means though.

"Your mom musta been smart. Too bad she's not here to help with the hole. I've got an idea though!" I run off to a nearby pine. Sticky sap oozes out. I've gotten this stuff stuck to me before, so maybe it'll stick as well to a bucket? I shoved my muzzle into it, grabbing a glob of it and running back to Cheska. Gently I put my muzzle to the hole and hope that fixes it. Looking up though, it seems we are joined by two more. I tilt my head as she begins talking. She's talking about my sister and my dad. She doesn't sound happy either. I frown, ignoring her harsh words and instead moving to stick near Cheska's side. I hope she'll keep them away.

Another though comes, and starts yelling. This time, he is being mean. I can't stand it. I know my dad and sister are bat shit crazy but that doesn't mean they can just insult them! Even if I know they are right! Puffing a large amount of smoke from my nose I walk up, making it a point to reach out to the unicorn if he doesn't move. I hope I can shove him a little bit with my muzzle although its doubtful. "Hey! She is my sister Mr. Man. If you can't defend yourself and the mother of your child from a baby..." I sneer. Although, I can't defend Shida without insulting her either. It's just in my nature. "Then maybe you should've waited to have kids!" I finish extra smoothly. Its like when mom got all mad at dad when we were born. "Don't touch my dad either. They may be weird, and bad, and not all good, but they still are mine." It's a half threat. I know I can't defend myself from attacks now, but I know where my powers lie. If they even dare come after me or my family, they're going to get a butt whopping.

With tears prickling at my eyes I turn around and slump back near Cheska. Why is everyone so mean? Why can't people just be happy! Not to mention, Shida doesn't know better. She was dropped on her head when she was born. I grab my bucket and start dragging it back. I don't want to stick around here any longer. Once I'm out of sight though, I know I'll be crying. I just hope she doesn't disown me for defending my family.

@[Cheska] o.o
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky

ADVENTURE TIME
with cheska & auriel

Cheska had only just retrieved the bucket when she was met with a mare, the first she'd seen who could match her in height or size. She held still while the other plastered a leaf to the bucket and let out a surprised squeak as it became watertight again. "Sanks!" she chirped appreciatively. A quick mind was a welcome asset in any situation, as far as she was concerned, and despite the slightly chilly greeting, Cheska was pleased as punch to have run across a helpful team. When Auriel similarly pasted over the hole, she grinned outright. She was quick to acknowledge the new names and the help, filing them away under favors she owed. She managed to slur a thank you and a nice to meet you around the bucket handle, nodding warmly toward the stallion not far behind.

Then just like that, all her goodwill toward the pair evaporated. Well, that escalated quickly. Every hair on the back of her neck prickled as the draft addressed her little friend and insulted her family. Gasp! Swearin, you say? Well, I never in my life heard a sin quite so egregious! Of course, the bitter sarcasm she kept to herself, instead warily keeping watch over the ensuing exchange and pondering on Auriel's yet unnamed exploding sister. She tried to imagine what an exploding child looked like, but even for her it was a step too morbid and she suppressed a cringe. Even Auriel seemed unsure about the combustible filly's true nature, but it wasn't Cheska's style to judge sight unseen. And she expected the same courtesy to be extended to her friends. She got the distinct impression that neither of them was all that familiar with the filly.

So when the exclamations and accusations started flying, she took the defensive. She set her bucket down, trying to look intimidating. She wasn't a fighter. She was a storyteller. And here the grand story was that she was willing to fight. "Then I suppose it's Oxy you ought to be having words with. The girl hasn't raised a hoof against you." She moved just ever so slightly in front of Auriel, instinctively sizing up the potential threat. She'd taken hits from horses bigger than Snow White there for horses she liked less than her spitfire Auriel and lived (though her hip still ached a little in thunderstorms). It was the horns she was worried about. She'd never faced a unicorn before. She tried to comfort the sudden storm of tension inside of her with logic. Neither of them looked insane enough to assault a child for the sins of her father (or sister), but she didn't know the first thing about them.

She wasn't thrilled when Auriel escalated the situation, but she was only a child defending her family. She could be afforded some latitude. "Settle down," she cooed to the little one at her side, simultaneously trying to diffuse her and the tension amongst them. "Nobody's hurtin anybody here," She said deliberately, eying the two adults from under her thick lashes. "Besides, we've all got an important job to do."

So much for that owed favor. Cheska chalked it up towards making sure nobody took a horn to the chest ares (or wherever else Auri could reach) and turned to follow her partner, bucket handle balanced on the bridge of her nose. She swung her head back momentarily. "Good luck to you." Hope you don't drown horribly in a flood!