Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
Reflecting Pool

AISLING
Pride of Summer’s shores
Guide the voices of kings
Children of bark
They will tighten their strings

Water… of course the first place Aisling thought of was the clear pool in the Secret Grove, and she said as much to Finn when the Great stallion gave the assembled crown its second task. The crop of willows was quickly becoming her favorite place in all of Helovia. The forests and beaches and meadows might be nice places, but none of them had the wonderful romantic quality of the Grove.

It was easy for her to get caught in dreams amongst the soft willow’s whispering, and she’d barely passed the threshold when her mind began to wander from their task. The fair maiden came again to the faerie grove… Even as she kept moving forward alongside Finn, her pace slowed with each step until she was meandering through the trees with little attention paid to where she was going. To anyone looking, the expression on her face would have made it clear she was daydreamin: glassy eyes, dreamy smile. To complete the picture, she heaved an exaggerated and blissful sigh before. SPLASH!! She’d come to the edge of the lake, and had stepped on a rock covered in wet, green moss and she fell face-first, into the still water.

- - -

"talk talk talk"
Notes: Task #2 for the S.S. Finsling - @[Finn]

Credits:
Table by Tribs - Whit's tables were an inspiration
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Water. It amused the mare somewhat that the God of the Earth required them to bring it to him, when surely he could have conjured it up himself? He was summoning the flood already - surely a few drops could have been spared for drinking for the motley crew..

Just gather the water, Akaith's voice hummed in her mind, drawing her away from her sceptical thoughts and back onto the task at hand. The mare sighed, as she so often seemed to do now, travelling with her golden companion, as well as her inky one. She offered the silent brute a small smile as she nodded towards the direction she intended to travel in.

The Edge had been a tempting place to visit, but she could not go there, not yet. Amongst the chaos of the coming flood, she didn't need to announce her return to her old homeland, to potentially distract from the more important tasks at hand - survival.

So with a pail in her mouth and a dragon above her head, the shadowmare wandered to the next closest thing to a 'home'. She had been reborn here just recently, brought back from an abysmal dimension and preserved when her life-source was nearly ready to expire; it was all she had, for the moment.

Arriving at the edge of the lake, her ears pricked at a great splash from somewhere over the other side. Akaith, check the area, she asked, though she hardly needed to, for the gold was already onto the task. Just a clumsy one, the dragon hummed back through their link, and Mirage nodded absentmindedly as her tiara lowered to dip the pail into the water.

She wasn't one for lingering; once their task was complete, she would be moving on swiftly.

[ ooc :: Mirage and @[Ink] crashing! ]
bg - table

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
FINN
Exiles of the ash
Stare through crimson glow
Guards of the north
Sing their songs of the snow

I could only gather that we were to bring water back for use while we all were aboard the ship, yet still, I couldn't help but wonder if it really would be enough. How long would it take for the God to cleanse the lands? Would it be a day, several days, weeks? Longer? I feared we might not know the answer until the flood was coming, if we were given an answer at all.

To distract myself, I did my best to focus on Aisling, taking comfort in the fair lady's similar stature; for so long I had been straining my neck to look up at everyone, it was a nice reprieve... But even more enchanting was that smile that often graced her face, and those gentle grey eyes that were so full of wonder as they took in the world around her.

... But didn't seem to be paying any mind to what was right in front of her.

"Aisling, watch ou--"

I tried to warn her, but by the time the words had begun to push through my lips, it was too late and she had fallen crudely into the lake. Cringing visibly, I hurried forward and tossed my bucket aside as I stepped in beside her, ignorant to the nearby dragon-mare as I focused on my friend. When I spoke, my voice was laced with blatant worry as my eyes scanned her for any scrapes or wounds.

"Oh, goodness... Are you alright, Aisling? Are you hurt?"

"talk talk talk"

Credits
Whit's tables were an inspiration

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

We had lost our chance to warn others, for word spread like wildfire here in Helovia. We had missed our chance, and I couldn't help but feel I had failed Cashmere with my incompetence. I could only look to her sheepishly, sky eyes filled with utter sadness, and I pawed a hoof shyly, trying to find the words. She must be angry with me, for we didn't heed the God's words, and thus had failed him. She must find me to be stupid. I almost let a bitter grimace splay across my expression, but I stopped myself, only looking up and sighing, turning to the dappled goddess and speaking, albeit a little uncertainly,"I'm sorry that we couldn't complete the God's first task. But we will do our best to complete the next and all the rest M'lady!" Then without thinking I bowed my head graciously, only looking up in hopes of seeing some sign of approval on her expression.

I couldn't look for too long though, for a bucket randomly appeared at my hooves, and patiently I looked down, before grabbing the object in my jaws. Swiftly looking to see if Cashmere did the same, I smiled, before immediately trotting off to find a place to look. Hopefully she wouldn't mind me taking the lead, if she did, then I would profusely apologize and give her lead. I was a gentleman, like Father taught me to be, and I would never upset a woman intentionally. Before I knew it my hooves were carrying me to the Grove, and believe it or not we weren't the first to have the same idea. The pond was spacious and inviting, and the calm wisps of willow were welcoming, making it rather easy for me to relax.

The moment didn't last long however, when a loud splash was heard and I was looking ahead, searching urgently for the cause of such a noise. Momentarily forgetting my partner I trotted forward, finding a group of four already standing by the waters, one of which was sitting in the water, having clearly fallen. At once I was trotting to the mare's side, anxiously looking her up and down, stepping into the water before looking at the stallion who seemed just as concerned as I. I did a quick lookover of her to see if she was hurt, before speaking again in my gentle tones,"M'lady! Are you alright? Here, let me help you onto your feet! Sir would you be so kind as to assist me in helping this lady up?" I addressed him politely, calmly, before beginning to attempt and help the woman up back onto her feet, the mission we were set out on being placed into the back of my mind.

OOC: Cashmere and Nym reporting for duty!
WC: 459
TAG: Cashmere
"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
Pride of Summer’s shores
Guide the voices of kings
Children of bark
They will tighten their strings

The warm waters definitely brought her out of the daydream quickly enough, though that was a shame for it had been a lovely one: lovers meeting in secret sheltered by a curtain of willows, true love and gallantry, like all her dreams contained. Pitching forward and caught quite unawares her front half was in the water before she could blink. Her feet were sure when she had the presence of mind to pay attention to them and she was able to stop her forward momentum at a kneel. Her back half managed to stay mostly dry, but for a second her head was completely submerged.

She jerked to all fours with a sputter. and she could feel others around her, helping her return to her feet Her head came out of the water with a toss that sent a wide arch of water in every direction. Her eye blinked rapidly, trying to rid themselves of the dripping water and there was already laughter on her lips. It was bright and clear, a ring of mirth at her own folly.

Her name, said in a tone of concern, filled her ears and she was able to see clearly again, and there was Finn. ‘Are you hurt?’ Her heart warmed at the question and the worry in it. He really was wonderfully sweet, thought Aisling. How lucky was she that her decision to join silver-tonged Kvothe’s Troupe had gained her another friend. And another stallion too, much taller that she and her friend, who kindly offered his help. Tá mé ceart go leor…I’m fine, but i thank ye all the same. ” She said with a smile. “Just a bit of wet is all.” And truly there was quite a lot of water. Usually a creamy white, her front half had gone grey, and the long end of her woven mane was dripping steadily into the water around her feet. “I don’t suppose the mighty talún dia meant for me to act as the bucket though!”

- - -

"talk talk talk"
Translations: Tá mé ceart go leor - I’m alright | talún dia - God of Land

Credits:
Table by Tribs - Whit's tables were an inspiration
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I do find this man kind and honest with me. He is certainly very respectful and graceful and oh my gods. I don't even know what to say when he bows to me. I only smile. "It is okay, my new friend." She says softly, following after him no problem.

I do not watch where he leads me. I have trust he will not lead me somewhere I do not want to be, I believe in this man to take me a place suitable for the expectations of the Earth god. I smile when I find us at the secret lover's grove. Where I had just been thinking about a few minutes before, the fresh water of the lake alluring me. Deciding in my mind that if his idea didn't work, we would have to head here or to some other lake that I might not have known of. Maybe even a river. -So you've gotten it all figured out in you head, but you don't say a word?- The Voice hisses at me in a controlling tone. "Yes" I whisper under my breath as I watch him study the others around them in the grove.
-SAY SOMETHING YOU BITCH!!- She screams, and I wince, though he doesn't notice because he is already trailing away. I hadn't heard the splash of the wandering mare, and I wish I had. Already another was at her side as well as Nym. I smile and step out of their way as she stands with a few words of grace.

I smile and nod her way. "Hello. My name is Cashmere" I look to Nym, a small smile on my face. I waited for him to say something or introduce himself.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
M A R E N

"I GOT IT, I GOT IT", she screamed in frustration and probably lack of conviction. She had been running from the boat with two wooden buckets around her feathery wings, which folded themselves around the grips with their long creepy fingers. They were now trotting away from the boat, and she had once again been hypnotized by its ecstatic empowerment. Running along with the two buckets as ear-rings, she trotted with high hops in the direction of the grove.

When she arrived, still hopping like a reindeer, the tiger-mare's already widened eyes spotted two creatures that seemed romantically engaged. already
She slowed down her hop(p)ing to pass them 'silently'. "Don't mind me", 'she whispered'. "Just getting some healthy fluids of life from these fancy coves!" A few yards further up the shore she carefully put down the buckets, then bit her bellow-lip and snorted through her nose. "No, not those kind of fluids, you silly!" Then she turned to her partner who's name she surprisingly still did not know - or simply didn't remembered. Although Maren had the tendency to forget asking for names all-together. "Would you mind carrying them back to the boat?" She carried the buckets here, so the brilliant colored horse might as well do the honors. Which would be much easier for her, anyway, because the bones behind her ears where much stronger - she hoped, for the mass of the buckets had now increased... a bit.

@[Alija] || "Speech."

Word Count:000 Tags:000 Notes:000

Credits
Image by Yewrezz
Coding by Tamme
Please tag me 

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. My bucket made its complaints about our pace known by hitting against my knees.

With a spring in my step and my tail swinging from side to side I trotted to one of my new favorite places in Helovia. I had only discovered it recently and had been left with a horrific memory to stain the beauty of the grove; but now I felt the pull to come back. Depending on the Earth God's waters the place could be different at our return. I wanted to create a nice memory of this tucked away spot. Still I shudder at the memory of the body.

"Duh Erf God," I placed my bucket to the ground, "The Earth God could do this himself. I do believe that he is trying to make us feel like we are helping." A good natured smile rounded my face. I certainly had no complaints about the work, it was nice to be kept busy. Plus I would be able to tell my grand-foals of how I had helped a god!

"These tasks are bringing Helovia together." A chirping noise trilled from my throat as I watched a mare being offered assistance by not one but two stallions. It looked like a scene out of a fairy-tale. Now which dashing prince will the fair lady fall for? Eyes darting between the trio I found myself grinning as the fair lady helped herself up. Her voice was music. Even as she did no more than speak they wove together to form a lilting song. I wanted to hear her say more.

There was less urgency with this task and maybe while we were scooping up our water she would teach me some of the beautiful words that she spoke. Mumbling to myself I tried to imitate the strange words that she had spoken only to huff as my accent got in the way.

My excitement peaked as I spotted the mare with wings on her brow approach the water also. In my head she and I were already the best of friends, even if she was not aware of our friendship yet.

"Wanna join them?" Eyes bright I turned to Kvothe. I was only a few hoof-steps away from begging him like a foal. Please. Please. Pleeaassse.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
KVOTHE & ELODIN
War will weather the souls of the lost
Stand together whatever the cost
Shields will falter and many will fall
Time has come for us all
To answer the call

I walk beside Rei in stag form, ready to carry the bucket once we fill it up. However a familiar lilt and deeper rumble capture my attention, and I trot past Rei, towards Finn and Aisling(Who are downright miniscule with my new height).

"Aisling! Finn! My friends, I have someone I would like you to meet!" I turn to look at Rei, beckoning for her to follow as I trot to stand beside Aisling and Finn. "What do you think of the Earth God's tasks?" I question them, turning to the others gathered here and dipping my head, before quickly trotting into the woods, out of sight.

A few long, agonizing minutes later, I walk back in normal equine form, a faint sheen of sweat on my dark coat, my body sore. The change was horribly painful, but I couldn't deny the perks of it all.

Plus I didn't want to freak our company out any further than a talking stag could.

Credits
Whit's tables were an inspiration

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I trailed behind Mirage as she led the way for our first task. I was still curious about why she seemed to remind me of something, someone, somewhen, but I was content just to feel it rather than know it. She was a most curious mare, completely mysterious to me despite the prickling sensation of our familiarity. Her golden dragon was beautiful, both in marking and in scaled companion.

I smiled up at them both as we settled by the water. I dipped in my bucket with a rattle, and lifted it out carefully, though a drop of ink still fell from my mane and wrinkled into my buckets, turning it dark. I watched it work for a moment, at first dismayed, but then shrugged it off and lifted my bucket out. If need be, I'd drink this one myself.

In our retreat I spied Rei. Quickly I dropped my bucket and ran towards her, wet nose nudging her shoulder kindly, proffering her a smile and a black butterfly from my tail. I was glad to see she was working on the boat too, and hopefully we'd see each other again. I couldn't stay though - a glance back at Mirage and I felt we should move on. I'd loved to have stayed with Rei, but she had her own buddy, and I had mine.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
"Ink! An excited shout slipped from me, the line between a shout and a delighted squeal was quite blurred. I had missed him and often wondered how he was. I wished to spend another day together as we had shared whenever I stumbled upon him in the Threshold. "How are you? You look well!" My bucket was long forgotten at this point and I was practically dancing in place at the sight of him. 

Returning his gesture I pressed my muzzle to his neck not caring about the droplets of ink that fell to my face. "Please, I mumbled into his neck before pulling away, I wanted to be sure that heheard my words well. "Please find me on the Earth God's boat, it was what everyone around me had been calling his creation but the word felt weird and heavy in my mouth,"I've missed your company dearly!"

Quickly I scratched out the form of a butterfly to join his own. I felt so warmed by the drawing he had offered me and wanted to return the same feeling to the stallion that I held so dear to my heart.

Smiling brightly I watched him go with his partner. I was happy to see him in the company of another, but wished that she would go on and leave Ink with Kvothe and I. A part of me disliked her simply because she took his time that I would have loved to also be a part of. Jealousy; such a fitfull illogical emotion.

A laugh flitted from my throat as Kvothe greeted the group I was so keen at approaching as his friends. I had not expected them to all know eachother. Small world. He announced me as someone that he would like for them to meet and it suddenly made me feel a tad shy. After turning once more to call a goodbye to Ink's form, shrunken by a growing distance I ambled over to Kvothe's friends.

Blu, I freaking love @[Ink]!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Laughing warmly as she watched the mare run off with the, very welcome, wooden buckets. Trotting smoothly after her she couldn't help but smile, Maren's excitement was very contagious it filled her with her own bubbly love of life. She would have to hang out her more even after all of this was over. As they entered the grove her smile turned to a smirk as she noticed the others that were already there, that seemed REALLY into each other.

She couldn't help but laugh excitedly as she followed slowly behind her partner. To some her wings might cause concern or worry, but Alija couldn't have cared less about them. Laughter spilled from her lips as she laughed along with Maren's snort. It was hilarious that she had said such a thing, even though it was inappropriate. "Yes, yes I'll carry them back!" She smiled brightly as others quickly appeared, ones she had met, but names that escaped her. She thought the spotted mare was called, Rei, but she wasn't for sure. "Hi guys! It's nice to see you again. Please excuse my rudeness! I am Alija from the Dragon's Throat." She smiled warmly at the two that were already there.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 201
Tags:
Note:
Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.