the Rift

[OPEN] (task2) grumble drip grumble

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Abraham
It's a melody
It's a battle cry
It's a symphony

"C'mon," Abraham mumbled, moving forward without picking up the bucket they were given. He knew he would have to give orders, because his uncle was useless in his fear-filled state. Abraham left the bucket at his uncle's feet as he and Gwyneverre moved on. The white dragon looked back at the hulking stallion and chirped at him, beckoning him to follow her prince. Abraham moved in a swift trot, his feathered feet extending gracefully. As he trotted, he spoke, knowing he had to come to terms with at least this sin. "When I met you as a child, when Gwyneverre was but an egg in my basket, I thought you had stolen my father's identity." The abrasive, young stallion did not look at his uncle as he continued to trot towards the beach. Gwyn lifted from her perch and flew ahead, scouting. "When I met you again, I was old enough and strong enough to avenge your thievery. But I was wrong. You belong to Archibald and he belongs to you as Reginald and I do to each other. If anyone had had the mind to attack Reginald in the manner that I attacked you, I would rip their still beating heart from their chest. I am thankful you did not tell Father of what I did, because I know he would do the same." I fear he would do the same.

Stopping, finally, at the saltwater edge, Abraham met his Uncle's eyes. "We can collect water here and Gwyneverre can boil it until it is drinkable."

@[Vincent]

image credit

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Telesaan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Somehow in a matter of days he had gone from a warrior to a laborer for some nutcase "god". Remind him why he was doing this again when he could really just turn around and go back home? At least there it was quiet.. well a little too disturbingly quiet. Ok fine maybe being here was a little better than going back home. As sad as it was to admit the spectrum of odd creatures here had him a little fascinated and wanting to learn more about this strange place. Now as long as he didn't run into his numskull idiot brother again things would be decent for awhile. There would be a time when he would have to face the past and deal with this problem but after yesterday the wounds were still to fresh. His heart yearned for his brothers companionship like good old times but could they get past this murder? Could someone just forgive their sibling for slaughtering their family?

Grabbing two buckets from the pile he turned to go find his partner so they could figure out where they were going to find water. Hopefully she wouldn't be too pissed off at him to want to be his partner still. Well the least he could do was to carry the buckets at least until they got them filled to try and earn some brownie points. "Morrigan you coming?" He tried to shout between bucket handles as he continued along the path.

Spotting another one of the mutated hybrids up ahead he figured that at least he was on the same page as someone. Setting the buckets down at the water's edge he raised his head to glance over to the strangers. "Hello." He commented trying to be friendly to those he met.

Telesaan and Morrigan
Telesaan talks

•• TAGS: @[Morrigan] •• NOTES: Crashing the party :p ••

Table by Moonstone Designs

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

Bolverik was patient, comfortable with her sharp edges and general lack of refinement. Watching her with the child had shown another facet of the diamond in the rough that was her life, and he remained impassive, his thoughts allowed to wander where they would. The stallion was not much for feelings, but he did care - somewhere beneath his obsession with appearance and knack for keeping clean and tidy. Honestly, the mare was a mess, and she was currently appealing to his sense of comfort with the world. Ladies should be clean, beautiful and well-spoken. He was not a misogynist, for he expected the same of his gender.

He walked when they were finished, striding easily. When he looked down at his new friend, he noticed that her shorter legs were rushing to keep up. Slowly and without fanfare, he slowed his step, again, making no mention of her situation. Some were tall and some where short, but each had their own special qualities to offer. After all, she could fly and he could not. Speaking of...

Popping a joke, he thought he saw the smallest hint of a smile, and that made him glad. Somewhere, beneath this muddy and hardened exterior, was something soft and open inside. If only she would let that beauty shine to the world instead of hiding beneath sourness and crude speech. "You are surprising," he replied to her dry comment. "I do not doubt that you could achieve what you set your mind to."

The mare introduced herself then, and he chuckled, shaking his head as luxurious, silken mane fell over his handsome face, briefly blocking the white blaze down his nose. "I am please to meet you, Shadow. My name is Bolverik, but you may call me Bolv for short - if you wish, though I doubt you would do anything else." He was not chastising. That was actually a compliment. He thought her far too strong to bow to the whims of another. "And you are a lady. I will not treat you like I treat the rabble that constitutes my gender at times."

Once back at the thistle meadow, he grabbed a bucket and walked toward the sea, enjoying his companion today. The blue waters sparkled, and he mused that they were rather lovely, even at this time of day. Nothing was quite as special as a night-time beach, but he could accept this nonetheless. Two others were here, and he greeted them with a regal raising of his head, the charisma and charm rolling off of him naturally - as if he was born royalty. And, really, he was. He would have to prove himself here, but the nature of a leader was buried deep in his bones.

"Greetings," he called, bowing shortly. "My friend, Shadow, and I come for water too. Let us travel together." He dipped his bucket, gathered what he needed and would be on his merry way.

@[Shadow]

I'm aching for you
But you're bound to bleed if I adore you

please tag me in all posts

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

"You are surprising," he replied to her dry comment. "I do not doubt that you could achieve what you set your mind to."

Sooty lips twisted in a halfhearted smile, but did not part to reply. An expression of bitter irony ghosted across her face as she tucked the wings closer to herself, hugging the dwindled sides as though to suppress a shudder. There was much Shadow was capable of, but it seemed that the things she wanted most never came to be. Two and some years ago she would have given her soul to be rid of the life spiring within her womb, to be free and strong and alone without having to bother with anyone else. Bonds only caused injury in the long run, and while she appreciated her friends and superiors in the herd she had been keeping them at an arms length. Never revealing too much, never letting them mean anything more than casual company to herself.

Then time and events beyond her control had forced a foal upon her, only to rip it from her side the moment she actually started to care about him. Plauge and death had torn them apart, and it had taken more time still to recover and bring herself back to this land. And for what? The mare was a shadow of herself and knew it, she was so starved and weak that it was an effort to keep up with her partner even after he slowed down. Her son was nowhere to be seen, she had yet to return to the Throat and see what had become of her once home, and for all she knew it wouldn't even be there after Father Earth had completed this... cleansing, or whatever he'd called it.

No, she was a far cry from the strong, determined soul she had been, wrecked by doubts and guilt and the weakness of heart some romantics would call love. But the winged mare didn't correct the stallions statement, opting to simply remain silent in the hope that her shortcomings wouldn't be too obvious... After all, who would be foolish enough to expose the innermost workings of their souls to a complete stranger, even one she had chosen herself to work together with for now?

As she mulled through her own thoughts the stallion continued speaking, tasting her name on own tongue and eventually offering his own name. It was foreign sounding to her, whispering of lands far away and cultures much different from the vagabonding lifestyle she had, and continued to, live. His insistence on referring to her as though she was some fragile flower in need of protection was rewarded with a distinct roll of the gem-colored eyes, and this time Shadow made no effort to hide her exasperation.

"Whatever makes you happy, Bolverik" she muttered, words grouchy yet the tone bubbling with a reluctant, thoroughly suppressed laughter that surprised even the small mare.

The journey back to the Meadow was uneventful, but the pegasus sighed quietly to herself when they were given another task, again sent out across Helovia to collect water. She never said anything, but she was growing somewhat worried about whether or not she would be able to keep up much longer. Unable to sustain flight for more than a few minutes at a time - her wings could barely hold her in the air, let alone battle any winds; even the gentle summer breezes felt like hurricanes right now - she was forced to join Bolverik on foot, something that only put more strain on tired, withered muscles. She spoke little as they went, occupied with placing one foot in front of the other and with nipping after strands of grass as she passed. Hunger was gnawing within her at a constant basis these days, ravenous as though a black hole had opened up within her belly and was devouring everything she swallowed.

When they came across other pairs equipped with buckets, also heading towards the western sea, Shadow nodded at them in quiet greeting, not even half as grand and commanding as her partner. Yet for all that she was small and scruffy there was something calculating in the way she regarded the strangers, as though the startling violet eyes could see everything about them, missing nothing and forgetting even less. A wraith she had always been, thriving in the shadow of the dazzling lights cast by others, and wasn't Bolverik the perfect bonfire to lurk beside? He sure was handsome at least, the kind of good looking stallion that would make heads turn, mares sigh wistfully and stallions grind their teeth in a sulky dislike they themselves failed to recognize as jealousy. Personally Shadow found his spotless appearance and grand demeanor amusing (at least whenever it stopped annoying her) and she rather enjoyed the role as the startling contrast.

"Best avoid the saltwater" she commented as they made to fill the buckets, retrieving her gaze after its startled jump towards her partner as he referred to her as a friend. "Drinking it does strange things to your brain." She knew from experience. Somewhere along her journey across this very ocean she had grown tired of her sore throat and parched lips and sipped on the salty liquid that came in such impressive quantity. Yet not long after she had been forced to land on a small strip of land in the middle of the sea, ravaged by nausea an hallucinations as her already weakened body struggled to process the copious amounts of salt.

The memory made her shudder. Shadow turned her back on the sun-kissed, clucking waves and reached up to collect the bucket from Bolverik, her ebony nose velvet soft and warm where it reached for the handle.

Shadow and @[Bolverik]! :3

image credits
table by whit

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

Trying to place the scuffle behind us, I followed Telesaan back to the point while my mind reeled over the previous events. Bucephalus had a lot of explaining to do, and I wouldn't stand for another twisted version of the truth. As much as I wanted to ask the blue-speckled stallion about everything, I knew in the back of my mind that I would have to talk to the Morningstar directly. In silence I watched as my partner grabbed two buckets, auds flicking back uncomfortably as he carried them both rather than handing one to me. Having someone else's help alone was new to me, having someone do something for me was something I had almost never seen before. I didn't protest his actions but I was skeptical as I followed him with a polite nod to show that I was still going with him.

When we arrived to the Endless Blue, my auds flicked towards the other pairs that were already congregating there. With a shy dip of my muzzle I greet those that said hello, clamming up when suddenly surrounded by strangers that I had never met and letting my mane drop to hide my face. When we approached the water I could overhear the black pegasus mare saying that it was best to avoid the salty water. "Telesaan, is this safe to drink?" I asked curiously, not really sure if we should head back to another water source. Perhaps the Earth God could neutralize the salt once we brought it? I joined my partner's side, stretching my neck out slightly to imply that I could take one of the buckets now. It wouldn't be fair to let him try and carry both filled with water, nor was I sure that it was really possible.

OOC: @[Telesaan]
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

Surely, he is going mad, with something. He cannot stand the presence of the rusty harlot, for her effect on him is complete, and he is unable to act upon the rages of his mind (and body). He tries to leave her scent; he tries to discard her eyes. And, in doing so, he finds himself in a land of salty wind and the sea’s persistent, rhythmic purr--a place that reeks of her memory, a time where her body had collided violently with his.

“Abraham,” he says around the handle of a bucket in his mouth; another foolish thing. This world is blowing to pieces, and he alongside it. Abraham, I am going insane.” He growls--spits--hisses his words, and for some moments he considers filling his bucket with pure salt crystals, just to poison the entire population of this idiotic place and ruin them in their dehydration. “This is horseshit,” he rages--disgusted in himself, in his inability to cast the bucket away, instead of the dutiful, dull way he stoops to catch the current of the freshwater waves.

He cannot stand these exercises; he cannot fathom the orange witch and her strange magic upon his blood (his loins) and his mind--and he cannot forgive this God, this all-powerful deity, for throwing him in this foolish, childish chaos.

[REGGIE'S ANGSTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!