the Rift

[PRIVATE] If ye be worthy, come to me.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
MAssive black wings unfurled as the creature emerged from the water in a great display of power and grace. The agua rolled off of scales, pitch as the darkest, most nightmarish night in history or future, glistened in the dawn sunlight. A great hissing roar left the beast's parted jaws, shaking the ground and snapping the attention of all manners of life towards it. The beast fell with a giant crash, blood trickling from the corner of its mouth. Resolve rippled through glass-like, fiery eyes, however, and the dragon pushed itself back to its legs. The black dragon steadied itself, wavering for only a moment, before lowering back onto its impressively scaled belly. Lowering its head to the ground, the beast closed its eyes and sighed, charcoal steam rolling in thick, sickening tufts from nostrils, large as the mouth of the cavern in the distance.

The dragon stayed still and quiet, sleeping, for hours. By the time it opened its eyes again, the sun was at its highest perch in the sky. The shadows grew longer with each passing minute. Lifting the massive body back into a sitting position, the dragon looked around. Pain throbbed beneath inky scales that reflected no light, and fatigue blurred the corners of its vision. "If ye be worthy, come to me." The dragon called out, its voice smooth like honey and delicately feminine--but nonetheless powerful and awe-inspiring. Unlike her smaller cousins that bonded to the equine species, her black coloration did not mark her as a male. She chose her gender when she was but a hatchling, and her large size and beautiful face was a testament to her more girlish ways.

@[Bucephalus]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

If ye be worthy, come to me

The call draws me towards the Caves. It is lyrical and vast, and there is no possible way for the voice to have come from any equine, save perhaps the Moon Goddess. However, it is not to a Goddess I arrive, no. It's a dragon, a true dragon, one vast enough to crush me with just her chin. And a female she was, despite her coloring. It is curious...were males not black in dragon lore? Or perhaps the same was not true of the Great dragons, such as the one before me. It made me wonder what I would be 'worthy' of... of being a lovely toothpick, perhaps?

"I do not believe myself worth, merely curious." I walk towards the wyrm, and once I near her(Just outside the reach of that sinuous neck), I bend my knee and stretch my leg out in a bow before I straighten, craning my head back to look up at the dragoness.

Azeeza, once I had caught sight of the shape and recognized it, I had stashed in a sage bush to keep her safe. I would not bring such a vulnerable creature to possible death with me. However, the little minx followed me, and I start when I feel her against my leg, and a glance down confirms that yes, Azee followed me.

Were we not standing before a dragon, I would have scolded her(gently). As it was... she got a free pass. And the little twit knew it, chortling as she looked up to try and figure out what the big black blur was, before she decided it was a mountain and looked around for something else of interest.

Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image :: Table

Pixel by Aud

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
"Oh, curious boy, play with me." The dragon enticed, lifting herself up to her great height. Something about her body fizzled in and out of focus, as if she were but a mirage. It was partly true--she was dying. Her most recent past was riddled with blood and destruction, and as she lifted her eyes to the glorious sun shining above she knew she was fading quickly. In this, she needed to follow the path of her ancestors. She needed to release this form to someone else, give them use of her power and strength. On the inside, she was small and delicate and careful. On the outside, she was strong and wrapped in black, thick scales that protected her well.

"Riddle me this, curious boy. There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?" She lifted an inky brow, water dripped from her scales that should have died in her sleep...but it was not water, in fact, as she discovered as the droplets hit the ground and died it crimson. It was blood, a cut above her eye disturbed by her speaking and facial movements. Grumbling, the draconian woman spread her wings wide, side-eying each appendage to see the damage that had been done. Her thick wedding had been savagely ripped at, and held many tears of many sizes. Another grumble came, and she lowered her massive body, coming eye-to-eye with the pegasus stallion. Her head was nearly double his entire size, wingspan and all, and she waited for his reaction.

@[Bucephalus]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

The wyrm rears up, and I move back, ears pinning flat to my skull. Azeeza picks up on my caution and looks around, curious and confused. However my attention(for once) is not focused upon her. No. It is upon the dragon, the serpent that appears to be... wavering? Flickering like a mirage in the desert heat.

And then she speaks, a riddle sliding from that hissing maw. It is easy enough, and I feel a faint smirk pull at my lips as I tilt my head, then raise it high. "Day and Night." I knew this answer well enough... while it was uncommon to hear, I happened to have enjoyed such things as a colt, hence my swiftness in answering.

"Perhaps it is my turn now, fair wyrm." My mind wheels, picking through my thoughts, quickly assembling something worthy of being called a 'riddle'.

"I give lost men false hope
ever rippling and dancing so seductively
Follow me at your own peril
For all I am is a lie leading to the land of the damned.
What am I?"

The serpent... as I speak my gaze flickers over her form. She bleeds from seemingly nothing, and a queer feeling stirs within my breast. Perhaps.... was she fading? This creature to vanish from the world and leave nothing behind but a memory?

It was...heartbreaking.

Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image :: Table

Pixel by Aud