the Rift

[OPEN] Seaward Laborers [Task 2]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Eager to get the latest task finished the grey stallion trotted along with one of the wooden buckets clamped between his teeth. Now where could they find some good water? The ocean would be too salty unless someone could boil it so they would have to find another source. "Secret Grove?" Looking down to his companion who ambled alongside of the pair of lovebirds he nodded in agreement. When the task was announced he thought he might have some fun with Kiara by asking her to go get a bucket for them. She had fallen for it for a second before turning a glare back on him and refused to comply sensing something was up. Her response had been rather comical and he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. "Fetch? Really? I NO MUTT! Go fetch own damn bucket!"

" I wonder what they might make us do next? Swab the deck? " He commented bumping Parelia's shoulder playfully. Being back with his family was a definite improvement from being strung between two places. Spotting the water up ahead he slowed only to stop with his front legs dipped up to the knee in water. Pushing his bucket into the water he waited for it to fill before placing it next to him on the embankment. " Did you want me to fill yours while i'm here? He asked turning his silver orbs to his mate as she caught up with Penna. Neither of them really knew what to expect from this whole adventure, but he was sure going to do his best to help out when he could to make it easier on the rest of his family.

Speaking of his family, he made a note to double check on Ilios and their daughter as soon as they returned back to the ship. Hopefully they were both managing to complete the tasks. If they needed help he would do another water run if he had to.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: Open for crashing ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Edgar had joined the little duo now. Flying with them, he wished he could carry a bucket. He felt left out from not being able to do anything. He just had to sit tight though, and let Elsa's mouth do all the work.

Tiptoeing after some others, she decided it'd probably be best to stick with a group. She technically could just fill her own bucket up with ice right? That was no fun, so instead she took to following a pair she had met before in the Falls. Both which had been past citizens there.

Nodding for Dovahkiin they continued on with the task. It still seemed rather odd to be traveling with a stranger. Did she have violent tendencies? Was she as motivated as she was? Either way, Elsa just hoped they could accomplish this and make sure they got at least some place to chill on the boat. If they didn't.. that'd be kind of bad.

Elsa walked up beside Ciceron, nodding quietly as she dipped her bucket in. With another strain of her neck she pulled it out, watching a little slosh out onto the ground. She grumbled, but decided to at least be a little friendly to the ones she had followed. "Long time no see." She said politely. The situation which had drove them both away were unknown, but that didn't mean that they had to remain strangers. Turning to Dovahkiin then she shrugged. "Well hopefully they give us more of a challenge next time." She said with a wink. Granted their first task had not gone so well, but there was still time to redeem themselves.

"Talketh."
@[Dovahkiin]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The two return to the meadow after their feeble attempts were made to spread the Earth God's message to the northern regions. There wasn't much time to rest from the journey in this summer heat before they are presented with another task. Each and every individual had to fill a bucket with water. The God of the Earth is asking them to fill water buckets for drinking on the boat? He's going to flood the freaking world but he can't provide drinking water? If Dovahkiin had eyebrows, she would have raised one skeptically by now. Nevertheless, the predominantly black mare couldn't allow herself to lose this damn competition. Her pride wouldn't allow it.

So when they were all dismissed, she picks her bucket up in her teeth and follows the pale pegasus. Dovahkiin hadn't had much of a chance to explore before coming into this mess so the only water source she knew about was the river she had followed near the meadow. And they were walking away from that particular water source. They went deeper into the woods until they came upon a lake of some sort. As much as she wanted to know more about the mare she had partnered up with, talking was difficult with the handle of a bucket gripped between her teeth. Instead, she remained silent as she moved in alongside the others.

Dovahkiin steps into the lake, ignoring the film of sweat coating her neck and sides due to the sticky summer heat and their running around doing tasks for this.. god. Once in the water up to her knees, she holds her breath and shoves her nose under the surface until the bucket gurgles and submerges. Lifting her head up, she pulls the filled bucket out of the water. Moving carefully, she attempts to keep as much of the water from sloshing out as possible. Slowly she emerges from the lake and once on fairly level ground she carefully lowers her bucket. The unicorn raises her head once more and with sickly yellow-green eyes she glances from one horse to the next. "Name's Dovahkiin, newcomer to Helovia." and she offers a smile - which felt quite awkward on her face. Smirking was much more natural to the mare but something told her this wasn't the right time for such behaviors.

[Dovahkiin and Elsa, ftw!]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)