the Rift

Maybe Memories(Acceptance/Leander)

Wuthering Heights Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wuthering Heights
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

Myths and legends, all fairy tales for poor souls to rest their weary hearts upon. But as Wuthering stepped onto the border of Dragon's Throat, she had to admit this was no dream. The world and horses in it where as real as the gravely ground beneath her small hooves. Every breath she took told of something new she had to find with her good eye. So much to see, so much to take in! The lass almost felt overwhelmed by it all. Her legs quivered and threatened to buckle in the nerves she harbored. But she stood as strong as her little heart would let her. Refusing to let herself fall to pieces when she had come so far. I am strong. I am strong. He was wrong, they all were wrong. You were right Momma, I am strong. A mantra she repeated in her mind, always reminding herself of her mothers love. Boy if she could see this place!

Wuthering twisted her neck to see if she could see her new friend, Leander. She had followed him here and in her wonderment, he disappeared from her sight. It wasn't such a hard thing to do, she furrowed her brow. When she depended so much on her hearing, loosing focus was a bad decision. "Leander?" She raised her bell of a voice, letting it carry with the heated wind. It ruffled her tresses, sending them in a flurry across her face and neck. Almost a tease of cool weather. But the temperature was hardly a concern for the moment. Her worry was running into a herd member that wanted nothing to do with her.. What if they were not as kind as the Pegasus , Leander, had been? Would they chase her away? Strike at her? Would they cower at her pearl colored eye? It is funny how fears can grow from a frantic mind. Becoming massive monsters who capture your heart and soul till one can no longer fight. Wuthering had a habit of letting fear get that far. "Anyone?" She called a little softer, letting out a low nicker . Someone was bound to find her. Friend or foe, it was destined to happen.

OOC//

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The tepid currents of air above the Throat cradled Leander's sandy form. The place still didn't feel quite like home, but expecting that would be silly. After all, he'd only been accepted into the ranks not so long ago. In the distance, the pale outline of the great tree loomed it's silent greeting. Not so far off was the sweet earth bound girl, Wuthering. He had taken to flying during their short trek from the Threshold, for wings got restless after sitting idly for too long. Bulky mahogany appendages began to tilt, sending the stallion down towards the sand just as the brown mare called his name.

"Hello, dear! See, told you I could fly!" Cheerful tones rang out for the doll. The flight had lifted his spirits, as flying often did. Being in the sky tended to make one forget about their problems, at least for a while. His troubled encounter with Faelene was still at the back of his mind, but it was getting easier to move forward with a smile. Sooty pillars met the earth with an audible thud. With satisfied wings folded neatly against his pelt, Leander trotted over to his new friend's side. "What do you think so far?" He asked warmly, hoping this region would be to the mare's liking. The oasis was quite a beautiful sight, though there were those that preferred forested nests. Now that they had reached the expanse of the Throat, it was time to call on his leader. "Kri!" Deep chords bellowed out his request. It was time for them to meet.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"Leander!" my voice calls forward to the stallion even as my descent brings me ever closer to the pair down below. I recognized my herdmate, the dark wings which contrasted with his light touched body. I believe he was quite close under the rank of Azzuen, but one could never be quite sure. However, beside his nearly grown form was a mare, with no two wings upon her back - an equine. I knew immediately his reason for calling me.

Hooves touch down and gather up a plume of red clouded sand, back hooves followed shortly by my front hooves, a strange dance of a landing bringing me to rest before the pair, blonde mane flopping over in a wild array of strands as I let out a powerful snort. "I see you brought someone new," my voice continues, before I look back toward the mare, a half smile pieced together on my face. My voice, gruff and masculine, retains some of the femininity that my past tried so had to pound from my character. "What is your name?"
""