the Rift

[OPEN] greenfingers (task 3)

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Plants.

When he thinks of 'holy shit the it's water-related apocalypse run for the hills', plants really aren't top of his agenda of things to save. But the more he thinks about it, the more he reasons that greens are survival to most Helovians, and so saving them is actually a pretty nifty idea. He comes to the Heavenly Fields, where he knows there is a bounty of different plants, and already he's musing over how best to tackle this conundrum. Water in a bucket, easy. But plants? Carrying them in his mouth wouldn't work, as he would only end up eating them. It is a tricky one, and he utilises every brain cell into thinking of a solution. He doesn't even know how to dig up the greenery without ruining it with his heavy, cumbersome hooves.

The beastling draws to a halt at the edge of the Fields, where a multitude of different foliage grows. The blood-red dragon in his mane unfurls, a shiver of anticipation running down his spine as he sends his bonded hopeful images of him ripping into the plants as he longs to shred into flesh and sinew. "Good idea," says Volterra - aloud, because he hasn't yet mastered the art of talking mentally to his dragon. "Use your claws to dig up different types of plants - make sure you get the roots, though, so they don't die." This task is one Vérzés can get on board with, and with a bellow of gusto the mighty red spreads his wings and dives towards the ground, hacking and slashing with his hooked talons to unearth the plants from their soily confines, roots and all.

SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD, SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOLD
BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

@[Nymeria] sorry for the tag spam xD

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
This is just a journey, drop your worries
You're gonna turn out fine
Gotta keep your head up
And you can let your hair down
"What do you think little lightning?" Ampere asks of her son as they make their way to the Heavenly Fields. It was rich in plant life, many of which Ampere found particularly delicious. "Does this one look like one to keep?" She reached her nose out towards some clover, smelling it appreciatively. Maybe more useful plants, like herbs should have been on her mind, but she'd leave that to the healers. Ampere was all about the taste - a future with bitter plants was a dim one indeed.

Her head lifted as she worked her magic to lift the plant from the soil, tucking it by her wing. As her head turned she noticed the colt and his dragon. She choked for a moment, growing still and rigid. So young her thoughts whispered, disbelieving. Could a child really have already been tainted by selfishness and greed as to enslave another life? She shook her head, turning away roughly.

"Let's go Z."

@[Zèklè]
Image Credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

More tasks, more running around. The whole thing was becoming a giant competition on who could endure the longest, and Shadow feared she would be coming up short of... well, everything, rather soon. As she scaled the last stretch of the steep mountain slope ahead of Bolverik she saw black spots dance before her eyes, so big and black and alluring that she feared she wouldn't be able to keep herself conscious. Once plump and muscular sides were heaving from the strain, a once velveteen coat damp and lathery with sweat. The shimmering wings hung limp and listless from her back, feathers dragging through the lush greens they were supposed to collect.

"Are the waters really going to reach all the way up here though?" she panted sceptically, throwing a glance over the shoulder at her partner as she heaved herself over the edge to the vast, flowering meadow. "I'm starting to think Earth is overdoing it a bit..."

Lavender eyes moved forward to gaze across the field, only to make it apparent that they weren't the only ones who had thought of the lush plateau with its multitude of plants. Surely few of those plats could survive a flood, spared as they ought to be from that particular natural catastrophe. Already a big black equine foal was directing its dragon on where to dig, watched from a distance by a mare and foal that made the ratty pegasus' expression brighten in recognition.

"Ampere! Long time no see, friend!" Forgetting that she was exhausted and that she ought to pay more attention to her partner, Shadow trotted over with ears pricked and nostrils flaring excitedly, the wings lifting halfway to hook with the lightning birds in greeting - if the other recognized the mare she had once saved from a humiliating captivity. "You look well... who is this little fighter?" Bright eyes peered curiously down at the foal, eagerly tracing his stout frame before lingering thoughtfully at the spot where a wing clearly ought to have grown. At least her Kari had been whole and healthy...

"We are sure being kept busy... perhaps when all of this is over we might be able to catch up? I want to know everything that's happened since.... since the plague..." Her voice failed then, the smile vanishing as the chiseled head dropped slightly. A heavy forelock, sun-bleached and tousled fell across the eyes as memories weighed it down, and until they parted Shadow returned to the quiet, surly mare she usually was.

Still troubled by her own thoughts she began to half-heartedly collect plants, absent-mindedly chewing down this and that without even realizing what she was doing. Tucking the plants beneath a wing to carry them, she discovered a tall, pale tree standing in glorious solitude amidst the grasses. Shadow couldn't remember having seen it before, but something about it drew her in, pulled her closer; it would be a shame to let such a grand creation drown, now wouldn't it?

"Bolverik, help me reach one of those branches?" the mare inquired, looking around to see where the stallion was. "I want to save this tree... isn't it amazing?"

@[Bolverik]

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

So, they're to go find plants, care for all of Earth's living children, whether they could move of their own accord or not. Noble, Mauja figured, but in the back of his mind he wondered why—if Earth was lord of, well, earth and water, why lay his energy on a ship instead of on stopping the flood?

A bitter smile curved his lips as he paced in silence slightly ahead of Elding. Who was he to question gods? The thought dropped with something akin to cynicism and irony, tasting foul as it bounced through his skull; it would be better to just, I dunno, play catch until they got to the Fields, or something.

Something mind-numbing. Something like yelling at unfortunate sods and then prancing on.

Whatever.

Coming up over the rise he saw a gathering of, startlingly enough, mostly familiar horses. One was that kid who had to witness Abraham committing a fairly gruesome murder, and then there was a mare he remembered vaguely (rather, Irma remembered), and the mare he had saved, a kid, and a stallion.

Enter a Mauja, and an Elding, and they were quite the merry company. He raised a 'brow at them by way of greeting, the owls riding his back and soaking up the cool wind tempering the sunshine, and turned to scour the plateau for something that looked worthy of keeping...

Whenever he found something, he roused the owls; Irma dug it from the earth with a kind of tender, mocking care, before handing it to Diego, who was resigned to his fate as plant-carrier. It seemed easiest, this way, though after a moment he glanced sideways at Elding.

"Some of them are for you to present," he said quietly after a moment—heck, he'd even help the others dig something up if they asked him, but if they didn't, he wouldn't offer. "Just figured the owls are more apt at carrying them than we are..."

[ @[Roskuld] ]

angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
The young girl's mouth tastes like iron, salt and blood, dripping gore which suffocates each pore and envelops all tastebuds; she cannot shake it, cannot cleanse it, and rage knots and tangles in her skeletal architecture. It's Lilómiel's fault; it is he who makes her want to scream, to shake her head until the infectious, noxious taste is gone. How do I turn it off? How can she ignore this prevailing sensation of feeding, of thick and desiccated meat crunching between her fangs jowls, the blood webbing between each primate-like paw? Frustration gnaws at her tripes, chews at her brain until she pulsates with veritable fury, brows set hard over her frozen cherry retinas. Muscles flex and feather along her verbose jaw, corded steel lancing with pain; please stop. And yet the dragon feasts nonetheless, on the sickly corpse bursting with rot and crawling with cockroaches, ravens and blackbirds and mongrel things who make their living off death.

Eyelids dash shut and stay close as her gullet works. How sick she feels, illness prevailing through her gut, twisting and clawing at her stomach. The filly could not focus on missions— not when all she wanted was to rend the air with her shrieks of gods-forsaken sorrow at the murder laid out before her.

Each crack and crunch reverbrates through her bones, until at long last the greedy black arises from his prey find of the day. Horseflesh. Disgust prevails over anger, loathing and antipathy which counteracts the sickly pleasure emanating through Lilómiel. There is a tentative concern reaching out for her, tendrils of feral thought aiming to weave hands with her degenerate revulsion, but she cannot abide by his lost pity. The worst part was how he enjoyed it, savored the taste of carnage on his tongue. It's not his fault. The black was only a dragon—a carnivore, a predator, true and tried. He didn't know...

And she shouldn't be angry at him for what was part of his nature. What did she expect? For Lilómiel to be a vegetarian?

The feeding frenzy done, the lithe girl turns towards their birthplace, trailing a few hundred meters behind her brother and his bleeding. Her head does not swing low to the ground, any more does she look sorrowful for what she watched today; the emotions still swirl and harangue about her body, but whatever plays on the inside is not reflected on the outside. Of all things she can make her own, her emotions is one of them. Nobody may steal that from her— not easily, at least.

As she broaches the familiar mountain path up into the vast, flowered meadow, she breathes. Here the perfume is so strong that it nears to a reek, so sweet it is, and it cavorts, lingers, in her dark nostrils gleefully. Alongside her brother are two others, both short and thick, compact pegasi who look to be warriors above all— she ignores them, attention pinpointed upon Vérzés and Volterra. Lilómiel chirps from her shoulders, a high-pitched trill of delight (he never lost that joy of revisiting the red) and took from her shoulders, winging his way towards the couple companions.

One brow rises in menial puzzlement as the red plunges towards the flowers, flashing claws hooked into dark soil and clawing into the skin of the earth. There is a hasty quiver of objection through their bond as Lil nears the scene; through their simmering connection, she can feel his loathing for the task set before them. If she knew, how to explain it, how this was necessary, she would. For now she just lets Lilómiel to hover and flutter about his red brother.

"Volterra," The daughter of Confutatis calls, quiet, wary of the others but for a nod of greeting sent their way; "using your dragon for menial labor now, are we?" A coquette smile flashes across her sharp face, slithering away as readily as it came.
NYMERIA
And I'll love you the best way I know how

image credits

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

Bolverik raised a brow at her harping tone, but the glint in her eye and the slight quirk of her lips set him at ease. So she did have a sense of humor... The stallion chuckled, shaking his head in amusement and tossing his mane around his handsome face again. He got his bucket of water without much thought and then listened to her words, shrugging slightly. Carefully, he put it down to be able to speak. "Mmmm... I have heard as much about drinking salt water," he commented, grateful nonetheless. "But if the Earth God has the power to make it rain, he has to be able to fix it," he said with a heavy sigh.

The shining, healthy stallion walked back the Thistle Meadow and then back again to the Heavenly fields, enjoying the company of this starved firecracker. Still, he moved slowly, not interested in taxing her figure more than he had too. Her breathing was labored, puffing with sweat on her sides, and he frowned. They would take a break at the top of the hill. Bolverik shrugged his shoulders slightly, shaking his head. "Better to not assume, I suppose," he commented, concerned more with her than whatever task they were doing.

"I couldn't agree more. Isn't he supposed to be a god?" he asked. He was new here. The concept of gods were still incredibly foreign. Bolverik stood patiently as she introduced herself to a mare named Ampere and a foal, and he rested his weight on one hip, golden eyes peering from beneath thick, black lashes. He pawed at the ground, grabbing some sort of flower in his mouth before.... plague? One of his ears cocked to the side, catching their conversation. There was a plague?

A large, magnificent tree stood nearby, and he walked over to where Shadow stood, looking up at the branches. "Certainly, Shadow," he said, craning his long, muscular neck upwards and snipping a clipping of a branch from near the base with his teeth. He chased his good deed with a smile. "Indeed, it is amazing," he replied, looking at it curiously. It seemed odd - sitting up here all alone. What did it mean? "We should rest." He said firmly.

"What did you mean by a plague?"

@[Shadow]

Art by: Aud @ DA
I'm aching for you
But you're bound to bleed if I adore you

please tag me in all posts

Chan

She could have objected, but the thought of not moving if only for a short while was too good to pass up, and so the mare simply nodded and settled in beneath the boughs of the alabaster tree, a polite distance maintained to her teammate.

"I hardly know myself" Shadow sighed, pawing the ground with a small, dark hoof as she thought back. The subject was an unpleasant one, reluctance painted across her drawn features while round ears withdrew within the rich mass of hair; she flicked her tail to chase off the ever present buzzers, unwilling to relent any of her precious blood to them. Who knew, at the state she was in they might very well be capable of sucking her dry.

"It started, I think, when I just arrived here, some three years ago. The Gods battled some great threat, I don't know what, but as a result they were removed from the world. The sun disappeared, the moon hid from view, all grass faded and there was no way to tell the passing of days... We spent an entire winter in complete darkness. Apparently those more... gifted lost their abilities too. Then slowly everything went back to normal, but something must have changed in the world because before we knew it a great darkness came crawling back, more menacing this time."

Shadow licked her lips uneasily, watching the unicorn from under the thick curtain of her forelock while she spoke.

"It swallowed everything in its path, and it changed the creatures that were touched by it. They became ill, sick in mind as well as body, strangely distorted until they looked less like themselves and more like some monster from a nightmare. The herds scattered, sought shelter somewhere, and I too looked for somewhere to hide from it all... But I had my son by my side at the time, we were slower than the rest and as then came upon one of those dark-tainted beasts... I told him to run while I fought the creature, but in the end... I too succumbed to the... the taint..."

There was distaste in her deep, husky voice as it trailed off, disdain for her own weakness and shame for failing her single most important duty; protecting and watching over her son.

As she paused however, Shadow was surprised at (and rather displeased with) herself. Hadn't she just been thinking how stupid it would be to talk about personal issues with a stranger? Her brains really must have become addled by the plague if she suddenly let her tongue stray like this, just because someone had shown the slightest bit of interest in an event of the past. Had there even been a need to tell him about her own part in it all? What if he thought her contagious still, that would put a swift end to this partnership for sure!

Pressing her lips together the blackbird turned her head away, unwilling to see the look of disgust that ought to spread across Bolverik's face any moment now, and without offering anymore free information she bowed down to graze, teeth raking restlessly, impatiently at the grass she really should be collecting for the Earth God.

@[Bolverik]

shadow

Healed

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Already I had collected a small pile of plants. With each tree that we passed I touched my nose to its bark wishing each the best of luck.

One of the trees that I came to was an apple tree. Taking to wing I flew to the top and knocked the plumpest apples from the tree's highest reaches. Kicking an apple toward my friend I chomped into my own. Nothing in this world could ever taste better than an apple.

"I am so happy," I spoke between bites of my apple, "that the God of the Earth, chew, chew, chew, swallow "has offered his kindness to the plants also!"

After having a short rest and snacktime I continued to bounce around gathering plants. "We cannot forget these."Carefully I stood over a cluster of dandelions. "These are wishes that haven't come true yet! With every seedling that makes its way to the ground and sprouts someone's wish will come true." Fondly I looked down on the little flowers before gently plucking them up using my hooves to scrape away the dirt's grip from around the roots. The plants had no healing properties and didn't taste all that great so there was no obvious need for them. But all too well I could remember the hope that came with finding dandelions as a filly on a terrible day.

I would huff and puff my way through a few of the flowers trying to blow all of the seeds off at once; and it always helped my mood. Sometimes as foals if we found a large cluster of them we would group together and try to blow them bare by flapping our newly feathered wings as quickly as we could. The memories with this plant were all too dear to allow them to be wiped away by a flood.

"Have you any wishes you are wanting to come true, Kvothe? Or maybe little Elodin does." A grin spread across my face. "Maybe one of these seedlings belongs to your wish!"

Off and on I had listened to the conversation of a nearby group. A black mare had caught my eye due to her poor condition and worry for her ate at me. The group's conversation had been normal enough, but then she mentioned a plague. I shivered as she told of it and my heart shattered as she spoke of her son. Although I had no foals myself it was unimaginable to think of the pain she must have faced during their seperation.

"Excuse me," I dipped my head to her and her friends, this was a touchy subject and if I was going to intrude I wanted to do so gently. "What is your son's name? How old would he be today? It sounds as if you have overcome a great deal. My father was seperated from my mother and I. I came here in search of him and although I have found a home and dear friends I have failed in my search." I gulped and blinked back threatening tears. "I know how your son must yearn for you. I would love to help you find him." Of course she could have already learned of his location, but judging from the tone in her voice I doubted that she had.

My voice danced once more. It skipped and leaped with excitement. "He will be somewhere on the Earth God's thing! We could scout for him while aboard. I am sure that Kvothe would also help." Sheepishly I looked back to him, hoping he didn't mind me volunteering his help.
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

Rei knocks down apples from a tree, and I have the foresight to pick up an apple and halve it with a thrust of my antler, and Elodin picked out the seeds, spitting them onto a leaf that I rolled up and had the small dik-dik slip into my mane before I straightened.

Rei has interest in dandelions, mentioning that they are wishes. "All my wishes have come true, or will be." I looked down, curious to see what my dear Elodin wished for, but his attention(and Rei's by this time), is focused upon a group, and we approach, bells tinkling.

"What does your child look like, mayhap we shall chance upon him when we enter the Earth God's vessel." It is a chance, but if the mare's son was in this land, he would be on the ship. Elodin catches sight of a dragon, red like Valiance, and he eyes it before moving closer to me, pressing his youthful body against my leg, and to reassure the child I curl my tail around him, but do not look away from the dark mare.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

He looked at me and I totally looked away because I definitely wasn’t staring at him.

Or anything.

Like…I don’t even know man. There was this high I was feeling that was different from any high that I had ever experienced. I didn’t know that acting a fucking fool to loosen up your cramped heart-guts could feel any better than it already did—but it turns out it gets this other sort of newfound spark to it when someone’s there, doing it right beside you.

Just…shut up, okay? I’m trying to explain myself here.

As I followed behind Leos, I took the chance to stare at contemplate the back of his ass head without really seeing, chewing on some thoughts that had been gnawing in the back of my head. Remembering back when I had first kinda-sorta-maybe asked him to partner up with me—and he had said sure, but something had fallen in his face as he said it, some inner light that he had had on the walk to the meadow blinking out it seemed. And it had worried me, then, like there was something about the word sure that bummed him out—but I didn’t get the chance to pursue it because the Earth God was talking and telling us to do shit and I had been wildin’ out of control with fulfilling the tasks (and Leos had been wildin’ out right there with me) and my mind had been taken off the thought because I was comforted by the shouting and the whatever.

But things were settled now and Leos was walking ahead of me and the feeling trickled back, a subtle discontent that was all the more aggravating because of its subtlety, like sand in the crack of your ass. And then he had glanced at me, and I had looked away hurriedly. “S’coo’,” I said, accepting the sense in his owls’ aid (I really needed to learn their names, now). My hooves fidgeted and my eyes fidgeted and my mouth was twisting with words I wanted to say but couldn’t form, and my attention was drawn for a few moments to another group that was in the vicinity, one that was talking about shit I didn’t wanna think about and remember (a mare’s son, it was her son now), but somehow it inspired just enough of my tongue to get it moving.

“So, um…” my voice fidgeted, making myself turn back to him, to try and look up into his face, “Are you…is everything cool with you? My voice was small with "real-talk" tones slathered all over it, murmured just for him, another sort of phrase dancing just out of sight, underneath the words I spoke: You don’t have to run around ‘n shit with me if you don’t wanna.

@[Mauja]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Chan

First spilling her guts to a vulture, then finding out that it'd brought along its family for dinner. Shadow was already berating herself for opening her mouth in the first place when a leopard spotted mare came tripping up to her, closely followed by her partner, their expressions wrought with a teary eyed compassion that made the grass wilt in her mouth. Swallowing the mouthful, she reluctantly raised her head and looked between the two, stole a glance at Bolverik (the bloke still hadn't said anything, and she was all but holding her breath waiting for the judgment that was sure to come) and sighed. In the distance she spotted the fraudulent angel of a unicorn that had saved her life not too long ago; she probably ought to say something to him, do something to repay the favor... but between the expectant gazes of the pegasicorn duo and the stocky young mare that followed in his wake, Shadow couldn't bring herself to call out to him.

"I don't know if he is still alive" she confessed as she returned the attention to the spotted mare, expression wary even though her heart was jumping madly in the chest. Fueled by re-kindled hope, energized by this unexpected kindness. "It has been two years, he was so small still... " But what could it hurt to accept their help? The odds was not in her favor anyway, and nothing could get worse than living in this hellish void of not knowing. Even discovering that he was dead... it would break her heart, but at least there would be closure.

"If you really wish to help, I won't stop you" she said, shoulders sagging as though a weight had been lifted. "His name is Kari. He is small and slender and light gray in color, and he is.. well.. of mixed heritage, so to speak..."

Shadow shifted where she stood, sidestepping uneasily at the memories that came drifting back. It was not pleasant to talk about herself or her old mistakes, and after two years of mulling it over there was no other way to look at her fling with Carnesîr.

"We lived in Dragon's Throat at the time, so I have been hoping for a chance to go there and search, but now that this flood is coming..." there's no time left for aimless wanderings. But she swallowed those words before they could reach her tongue, settled with a shrug and moved her gaze between the nosy pair, hoping she had given them enough to go on.

"Best get this task over with" she mumbled, nodded a hasty 'thank you' to the others and ducked out from beneath the tree, emerging out beneath the raging sunlight with a feeling that she had lost complete control over the situation. Not sure whether Bolverik would follow or not the blackbird set her course for the Meadow, looking as weighed down by hope as she had been relieved by it only a short while ago.

@[Bolverik], @[Rei], @[Kvothe]

shadow

Healed

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
This is just a journey, drop your worries
You're gonna turn out fine
Gotta keep your head up
And you can let your hair down
Her name redirected her attention, surprise flitting across her features as her head jerked back around, following the direction her ears already pointed to. Only a moment later and a dark mare came upon her, wings brushing with a familiarity that Ampere at first felt was displaced. She took a small step back, purposefully shielding the foal at her side, wondering if the frenzy of all this had indeed made someone crack...

Then recognition brightened her features, aided with the continued speech of the not-so-strange mare. "Sh-shadow?" she queried, uncertain of the name (as was usual for her), but able to remember it for how well it suited this dark horse. A gust of wind as they flew over the desert, each circling down to land, I'm looking for a stallion that talks short and slow!, a wall of unicorns on the march... Tears welled in the edges of Ampere's eyes, nostalgia a hard wave crashing over her. Such simpler times then, when she and shadow had first met.

"You were gone!" was all she was able to blurt out. She had searched for this dark mare, among others, in those days that followed that endless night. Ampere had left her for dead, but her child had remained behind until he too vanished. When we were on patrol together. Horror struck Ampere's face, sparks dancing at her feet where she stirred the leaves and the dirt of the place. "I'm sorry Shadow," she whispered. "Kari... Kari just disappeared one day on our patrol. I should have searched for him, but I just thought he'd stayed behind..." Ampere had never really paid attention to the foals of the herd, but she felt somewhat responsible for that one, if only because they were supposed to be together.

She felt too guilty to tell anything of her own son, when she was the cause of another mother's loss.
Image Credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He looks up as the scent of pegasus wafts into his keen nostrils, ears flickering towards the sound of her approach. She is spattered with blueness, and even Volterra's untrained eye can recognise prettiness when he sees it. He is about to speak, to enquire about her curious markings, when suddenly she turns away as though disgusted by the sight of him. The colt's pride blisters and his ears flap backwards, mouth downturning grumpily. Mirroring his movements - as they are still so new to their bond that they struggle to untwine their strongest emotions - Vérzés gives a particularly violent slash of his claws and shreds the plant apart that he's meant to be digging up. "What's wrong, miss?" asks the beastling. Maybe he smelled bad? But surely not - he had a bath like a couple of weeks ago.

He is not alone with grumpy-mare for long, though. Another pegasus arrives, and this one seems far more complimentary towards the little titan. Little fighter. He likes it. He inflates like a courting bird, ears unfurling and mouth uncreasing...until he realises Shadow is not addressing him, but another colt, the younger one-winged boy from Cheska's meeting. A stuck balloon, he deflates, pout returning back to position. Am I invisible to this dumb bimbos?

Hmmph, mares.

The numbers continue to increase - next comes the spotted stallion he remembers from the murder he witnessed. He tenses slightly, stepping in front of Vérzés to shield to dragon from any advances by the blue-horned man, remembering how he had struck out towards Abraham's white and knowing full well that Vérzés is not yet trained enough to avoid any such attacks. Finally a familiar face joins them, that of Nymeria, and Vérzés gives a caw of delight at the sight of big brother. That is what the black is to him; he is too young to understand colour hierarchy, all he cares about is the fact Lilómiel is older and more experienced and bonded to someone Volterra adores. Serpentine neck extends upwards towards the hovering black, crimson snout aiming to touch, to sniff. The blood-dragon is as centred on touch as his bonded is, another piece of their individual personalities interwoven with one another.

Nymeria's words elicit a rumbling chuckle from the colt. "Anything to keep him occupied. I fear he will eat through the entire rodent population if I leave him to his own devices." Yes, Vérzés has proven to be quite the hunter, and Volterra has forgotten the last time he awoke without the half-torn carcass of some unfortunate animal upon his withers. The dragon's focus on blood is promising for the future, though, so the beastling does not object.

Others continue to arrive, and the black beastling shifts uncomfortably. So much babble around him - his side seeks out his sister's, the one crumb of familiarity amongst the crowd. He wants to protect her from any advances by the gathered hoards, tail twitching uncomfortably against his thighs as he waits for Vérzés to finish his task so they can leave this heaving throng behind.

SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD, SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOLD
BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]