the Rift

[OPEN] living wasteland

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
would you mind if I killed you?

The Reaper didn’t truly know much about plants, except he enjoyed eating them. Which ones were precious, which ones held significant meaning, which ones were grand for mending, had never been on his agenda. He was a man of war, not herbs. Somewhere the education had slipped away from his grasp, and some part of him should have been a little ashamed. Even the notion of plucking the flora by their stems, holding them, and attempting to get the newfound wards and wares back to the ship didn’t sound plausible, not with his modicum of sorcery. They’d all be chiseled into nothingness, dead, withered, frayed. The wheels in his head turned, ever so slightly, upon Thranduil, and decided he’d have to be the designated pack mule. It’d kill two birds with one stone: amusement finally at the Thief’s expense, and completing the task. Perfect. His eyes wandered over the vast plains along the Heavenly Fields, the scores of grass bending and swaying, gaze locking over one particular plant and shrugging noncommittally to his partner. “What about that one?” He wasn’t aware if Thranduil actually held any knowledge of plant life either: maybe they’d have to depend on his deer companion.

[@[Thrandui] - Task Three!l

would you mind if I tried to?

Deimos
Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia laughed as Torleik spoke to her, reminding them of her loss against him when they splashed around in the Basin pools. She grinned, the way he perfectly mimicked her words providing wonderful symmetry to her flawless memories. The pale princess just smiled, grabbed her bucket and returned to the Thistle Meadow. Once those were dropped off, she went to the heavenly fields, seeing Deimos up there already. Ophelia found a purple lavender and used her hooves with toes to dig up the plants, and Tinek, helpful as usual, carefully extracted the plant with his front talons, holding it carefully. "Thank you, Tinek," she replied, looking up at Torleik. "Ready again?" she asked. These simple tasks were brief and important. Each one was an act of team work, something that they achieved in tandem.

That felt.... wonderful.

@[Torleik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Torleik continued to smirk when Phi grinned at him, but his expression easily faded into another handsome, happy smile. He loved seeing her smile - it was a radiant expression, much like her devotion to the radiant Sun God. The Bloodskald knew little of their pledges of fealty to wholly opposite gods, but would he really be surprised if he did? She was as brilliant as the noonday star, and he was a reflection of her glory just as the moon in the sky served as a minaret giving call for the sun.

They completed the task required of them both, returning their buckets of water to the Thistle Meadow and being dispatched for another. Dig up plants? Torleik frowned. This would be...difficult. His solid hooves weren't meant for that. "Irelyn, I will need your help," he rumbled, nodding at the plants when they reached them. He used his hooves to break up the dirt around the flower and his owl-griffin came along and delicately dug up the rest of the living object with her front bird talons. Ophelia inquired if he was ready once more and he smiled at Irelyn. "Ready," he returned, prepared to move along with his lady once more.

Reaching out, quietly, he gently and briefly touched his nose to her face just near her ear, drawing back almost immediately. The action was subtle, well-executed, coming in stride with their movements. The warrior-poet could be smooth.

Sometimes.

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Now how could they top the fun of last adventure? It seemed they could not. Shaking his twin horns the golden wanders behind his partner this time, though it seemed Deimos had just as little idea of what do as the gold. Save plants. What plants? Oh of course there were trees and such but leave that to creatures like Shida who could blow that shit all the way to the boat. Here in the heavenly fields there was only grass. The gold was pleased with that, grass weighed less than a tree. It was a pity though. So far there hadn’t been a single thing to mess with that dark horse about. The golden had hoped time would keep them in uncomfortably close quarter where he could annoy the man to no end. Perhaps that time would come. Bored, the golden reached down to graze. Sure he’d save some grass but first he was going to make damn well sure he had his fill. That reminded him, where was that black thi-Haldir? Earth eyes spot the fawn bounding in the tall grasses between the gold and the black bodies. The gold may know he had to save the deer, but he certainly didn’t enjoy the thought of his forever company. His peaceful grazing is interrupted by the dark devil. Oh right saving things. Picking his head up and moving over the gold considers the plant. It was short grass, already browning slight in the heat of this summer. Without much ado the gold reaches right down and grabs a clump. Chewing he puts on the air of authority. “Filling, sweet, bit dry but it gives you a crunchiness that propels the flavor.” Swallowing he moves to stand by some. “It’s good as any to me.” Cloven hooves begin to cut into the earth, scraping away to get deep enough under the roots. “Haldir!” The gold cries, and the little fawn comes skipping over. He places a bucket he has been carrying down. The gold reaches up a clump of grass and places it in the bucket. Tongue not too pleased with the taste of dirt. Snorting he continues to work.

Over the way he hears another crew gathering plants. Stopping to look over he see their lady and her ass of a boo. God he wanted to throw something at them and tell them to get a room (wait weren’t they trying to?). Coming back to his own task the gold finds his bucket full. “Right” Taking it from the fawn he moves to carry it back to the ship, waiting, ever so nicely on his ‘partner’.

OOC::
Identity Index:: Destry

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald moved into the heavenly fields, encouraging his daughter to keep working towards their adventure. A dark, swirling, gnawing black pit grew in his stomach, however. The Earth God had commanded them to save plants and all Archibald could focus on was the tree that he had erected in Circe's honor. Would the god save those trees? Would he preserve their memories, their legacies? Would he leave the trees be so that lover, friend, family, foe, and stranger could stand in awe of the beauty and stories untold? His thoughts raced and his golden eyes were cloudy as he trotted towards the high field. He knew this place well, and Macaria would know it better, in time. The girl was getting such a tour of Helovia in her young age, but Archibald was not sure if she would remember these days of frantic adventure and running headlong into the unknown and trusting him, her father, her guide and protector forevermore.

"Come, Macaria, we will help them." Archibald murmured down to his sweet girl, eyes casting towards Ophelia. "Pick any flowe you'd like." the brute turned his head and smiled down at his daughter, eyes resting on the pools that so clearly mimicked his own. Lifting his head once more he looked to Phi as she plucked a flower from the ground with the help of Tinek, Loretta wagged her tail at the pair. "Macaria, this is Ophelia. A very old friend."

@[Macaria]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me