the Rift

[OPEN] Flowa Powa

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

We build cathedrals to our pain
Establish monuments to attain

It was all a joke. This running off to warn everyone of the coming flood, gathering water, and now, going to pull up plants to sustain their lives... All when the God could do it his fucking self.

Inaudible, unpleased grumbles slipped from the brindle's mouth which had become a permanent scowl since the moment everything had begun. He simply could not fathom why any of it mattered, not when Earth himself could materialize whatever the hell he wanted, whenever the hell he wanted. It seemed a grievous misuse of time, but if doing as the gargantuan stallion said meant this could all be over sooner, Crowley would dig up every single plant he found and drag Histe along with him.

The mare herself was an enigma, for while she bore no proud horns and was not tainted by the abomination of wings, she was... bearable, and unlike any equine he had yet to meet, perhaps the only thus far he hadn't been tempted to try and rip apart. But perhaps the most annoying thing about her was that in speaking to her... she really was no different than than one with horns.

"I hope the bastard's satisfied with a weed," the stallion mused as he took admirable care in digging up a singular dandelion, pushing his prior thoughts abruptly aside, "They are but unloved flowers."

"Talk talk talk"

@[Histe]

Freedom from all of the scars and the sins
Lest we drown in the darkness within

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The bucket was heavy, and Africa was more than relieved that her company was carrying it on the return journey. Water slipped and sloshed across their path, up dell and down dale, but she was sure there would be plenty to deliver at the end to the God of the Earth.

The heat was wearing a thin line through her tolerance – she felt as though her bloated barrel had the breadth of a tree angled sideways within – and each breath drawn seemed barely to fill her gasping lungs. She spoke nothing of her discomfort to Midas though because she was still quite unsure what the cause was herself. Perhaps there was no hiding it regardless; her legs had adopted an awkward stagger (no matter how smooth her intention) and as she grew tireder still, her pace slackened considerably.

As she walked, musing about the helpless changes occurring, a small smile slid by him to perhaps nullify any rising concern he might feel - she was completely consumed!

They fell again across the pasture where the Earth had bent his trees, and the structure seemed larger still then even it had before. A curious glance searched the expression of the painted stallion as they placed the water with at least a dozen others, and she listened with a tipped ear as the enormous God imparted his next task upon them. Collect plants... she mused in silence as Silas arrived across her spine with a beak stained bright blue. Her wandering eye noted it playfully and she swayed her hips in a cumbersome (failed) effort to unbalance him. Tasty? thoughts questioned, and she looked to the direction he had come to see if the other pair – missing for some time as well – were trailing.

The second they began to move again, Africa wanted to suggest they find thistles or preserve a line of grass; anything that would mean less travel. She sucked a long breath though and gathered aching legs to continue – a needless hero for the occasion. At least, that was until they came across an inconspicuous couple uprooting a dandelion.

The one-winged mare flashed a smile by Midas – utterly relieved and thus filled with new enthusiasm – and hurried forward to meet them. “Do you need help?” she asked boldly, more so than she had been the entire event thus far. There was one with no horn, and she presumed naturally that it meant no affiliation to the Basin – or Unicorns like those...

Image Credits

@[Midas]

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

| Histe | Mare | 5 | 15.1hh | Equine

It killed Histe inside, utterly killed her to admit that she didn't want to murder Crowley in the most vicious of ways possible. His attitude and temperament was one that melded well with her own. He might have also reminded her of her brother with his dark coat and light brindles. The only thing that made him imperfect were the horns on his head. She wondered if she could break them off and make him look normal. Her tail flicked and she reached down to snatch a mouthful of grass and chewed slowly as she trailed behind the horned stallion.

"I hope the bastard's satisfied with a weed. They are but unloved flowers."

"Whatever." She grunted, resisting the urge to reach down and break the top off of the flower and devour it. If they tasted better then she might have had a harder time resisting it.

Fuck it.

Histe moved to stand beside the striped stallion, lowered her head, and bit the top off of the dandelion. She chewed and chewed and chewed then finally spat it on the ground at her hooves. It was about that time that someone else arrived and Histe turned her head to look at the one winged mare who asked if they needed help. "No." And with that she turned her back on the other mare and walked toward a patch of clover. A delicious patch of clover.

"."

ooc://

histe x crowley

HISTLEY

credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
M
I
D
A
S
Jaw remains set in a hard line. We went slowly, the pace of those swaying hips grew deeper and obviously less enthusiastic as time wore on. Our walk was one of comfortable silence. Neither of us voicing our concerns, yet musing on the same topic. I kept my tongue in check, (which was easy, considering the weighted pail dangling from my jaws) out of fear it would start wagging senselessly ahead of the brain that was supposed to control it. Her smile reaches my gaze, as does those weary eyes. Concern sparks anew.

After returning the pail and required water; we received more instructions... this time to gather flora. I glance her way and press a convincing smile, "Yar, that should be easy." Considering the silvery lass was our Medic...and knew all about plant life here in Helovia.

Aye.

Silas returns from his venture. I test the bond and find Fina and Neve not far behind. Once again setting out, my jaws slip apart now that they are free of hindering task. Words on the tip of my tongue. "Africa..." Fate is cruel. Another pair lies ahead and those travel worn eyes already ignite with interest. Before a word can be added in opposition, she's advanced ahead to offer greeting. I follow, watching with wary attention. Eyes land solidly on the mare/stallion combo. Yon male is unfamiliar, though my memories serve to remind me that his partner/company has a foul temper. As moody as they come. Brows narrow and crown rises, flashing to the lad who dug up dirt and weed. A stiff smile graces my face, making no attempt toward concealing marks of warning. @[Africa]
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
naerys
With the help of her mother, her bucket was filled and the filly only wound up getting wet up to her belly. With the help of her father - resulting in two trips from the caves to the meadow - her bucket of water was finally delivered. The child was growing weary, though. Sticky summer heat did little to rejuvenate her and with everyone, including her mother, running around frantically completing the Earth God's tasks - she was starting to grow a bit hungry. Maybe she could get a snack break after this one before they're off running again.

Her steps are less bouncy and she makes sure to stick close to her red friend with four wings. Her father's zephyr and her mother's owl haven't left her side. In fact, only the zephyr continued to fly overhead. Hemlock, the little owl, had settled in on the girl's back looking quite disgruntled by this whole ordeal. Eliana, the starry zephyr, keeps her keen silver eyes ahead - searching for a group that they could join. Miykael and Alysanne had gone off to the Edge but that was too far for the foals to wander in this heat. So when Eliana spied the gray mare and the painted stallion, she called to the foals, bidding them to follow her.

Naerys' mood lifted, her teal eyes brightening at the bird's announcement. With newfound energy, the bay tobiano bounds towards the pair of pegasi. Before she can reach them, however, she notices something...odd. The one winged gray mare is... on fire. Naerys pauses before proceeding more cautiously. She stops several feet away, glancing between the mare and stallion before speaking. "Hi." she states, trying to be cheerful. "Can we help you find plants?" she asks, oblivious to the flowers growing and blooming around her hooves. She shifts her attention to the gray mare. "Um... you... you're on fire." she adds cautiously. "Does it hurt?"

[Naerys and @[Brigand] - used the wrong account first. xD]
image credits
- table by Niki -

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
"COME ON BRECCAN!" I shout, bounding ahead. I'm still excited from discovering my magic: the water that I can control, and the mist that swirls around my legs no matter where I go. Nothing could be more exciting, right? That's right brother, I AM busting tail. But I'm enjoying these tasks set forth for us and I'm meeting so many new faces in the process. This time we stay in the Thistle Meadow, and we stumble upon others nearby that I am still unfamiliar with. So many strange, new faces! Those that are bright and beautiful, those that are dark and.. grumpy. I bound toward them and see the plants that they are picking. "I'm Tempe, this is Breccan. Nice to meet you!" My shyness is trumped by excitement, and I start picking from the same areas that they are. We can all work together and save all these plants just like the Earth God wants. It will be a miraculous undertaking and I'm so thrilled to be apart of it!

@[Breccan]
Short, bad, things... love you all <3

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
The Sleuth and her Czarina had managed to deliver their buckets to the God of the Earth, but everything had slowed down since then. The heat was unimaginable and both Romul and Essetia were having trouble coping with the weather. However, the tasks weren’t over yet… they were expected to gather plants from Helovia in order to store aboard the ship. The spy had long ago grown quiet, lost in the depth of her thoughts, and had failed to notice the absence of her partner until it was certainly too late. However, she didn’t waste much time looking for Ghost because she knew that as a Lead, her Czarina had much more important things to do.

Surely she would return at some point.

With that in mind, Essetia began wandering about the Meadow in search of flowers or plants that would be of importance to Helovia’s regrowth, but was stopped mid-task at the sight of Africa and Midas. The Sleuth was quick to approach them, but couldn’t help her growing curiosity for the brindle mare refusing her Medic’s attempts to help. Well, she was certainly a rude creature… Essetia’s pales eyes danced from mare to mare before falling away at the sound of her Czar reigning the medic in- protecting her.

It was best she ignore the other anyhow… she appeared a most volatile creature. With that being said, Essetia turned back the way she came and snatched up a few thorny vines from the thicket. No matter how much she despised the way they felt when snagging the tips of her tail, she would see them returned after the flood.
Image -- Coding

Essetia and Ghost!

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The mare and her twice-horned company presented the most inhospitable front, and Africa’s expression sank with dismay as the other woman sliced the bud of the dandelion and turned her back. Behind her there was an ominous rumbling - the zephyr perched across dappled flesh was not at all enthralled by the sinister pair his beloved had set her mind to meet. It became quickly apparent that her painted affection shared similar feelings (though really she was too wrapped up in bitter disappointment to realise). The weight of the world, her bulk, the insufferable humidity and the unfriendly creatures of this land – it all seemed to climax like a swollen bead of water dangling from the precipice.

Many things that she might have been able to shoulder months before seemed now to snowball and prickle irrationally beneath the pale complexion of her face.

It was a fine thing that the child slithered forward through the stewing bodies to join them. Dulled eyes swung from the gold-embellished features of her lover to find the tiny figure gazing incredulously from a distance. Enough to pierce her sobered mood, a faint smile flicked across storm-grey lips and her elegant skull lowered to draw her nearer. “These flames don’t hurt.” She answered gently, failing to realise that her character had not that long ago been so naive; she felt old, weathered and intrigued by the small filly’s curiosity. “We would love you to help... what is your name? I am Africa, this is Midas.” She had always been fond of foals, but her tone hinted of maternal care more powerfully now, than it had ever done in the past.

The colt who was with the babe held his silence, but he received no less of a smile.

Perhaps her skin sent off a pheromone into the wind – maybe it was just that these children were drawn to her for the same reason moths sought their flame; another filly came upon them, and with her a second colt. Her spirit seemed effervescent, and by them all disappointment had seeped into the greedy hand of oblivion. Africa barely realised the callous pair lingered on nearby. “Africa and Midas...” she told the newest arrivals thoughtfully, noting as she gestured towards the collared stallion that Fina and Neve had returned with Silas. “...and Silas, Fina and Neve,” she added with a nod to each mentioned before turning her focus back to the young foursome.

So engrossed was she, that the Starry-Eyed hardly seemed to notice the Sleuth and her canine companion pass by.

Image Credits

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
F
I
N
N
Dig up precious plants that may be ruined, and bring them here to plant in the boat.". It was an easy enough task, wasn't it? After all, they were aplenty during the summer season, and the meadow that we all stood within held countless varieties.

"My home was always brimming with colorful flora," I mused as I pranced my way towards a patch of flowers proudly grew, honey-brown eyes looking them all over as I recalled a flower I had grown rather fond of as a boy. 'A green cymbidium orchid,' I remembered my mother calling it, its name bound to never leave me considering the number of times I'd forgotten I'd already asked as a child. She had always carried one woven into the thick of her tail, the flower seeming never to die as she was always quick to replace it before it could wither away and lose its beauty. "I'm sure it still is..."

My idle talk came to an end when I slowed to a halt before the patch of flowers, pausing only to take in the unfamiliar faces around us, offering any who glanced my way a child-like smile before focusing back on the task at hand. With great care I worked to pull up a proud, purple-hued flower, bringing the roots up with it and taking the stem ever so carefully between my teeth. For the briefest of moments, I couldn't help to think of how exquisite it would look woven into Aisling's mane of pure white... But the thought was quickly chased away.

Talketh

@[Aisling] FINSLING

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
The little lass was quite enjoying these tasks the Earth God set. Each one was akin to a miniature quest, which was an exciting enough notion to go unaided but she was also absolutely delighted to be seeing more of this new land. The more she saw the more there was to see; she wanted to know about the Gods here and wondered if the magic in this land sprung from them like it did from the faeries back home.

The best things about these mini adventures was by far the company she kept. Adventures on her own had been fun but a quest with a merry band of companions was what the songs always said and finding her life aligning with any tale was enough to send her head spinning in a whirlwind of childish dreams and aspirations. With Finn as her companion, there was little else she could wish for. Aisling was quickly affirm go her opinion the has was one of the sweetest and most charming stallions she had ever met.

She danced along at his side, content to follow his lead through the meadow, and replayed the scene at the pool again in her mind. He had been so gallant, coming to assist her as he had, for in her fanciful recollection there had been no interference, and the magical setting had done nothing to keep her fluttery heart grounded.

She liked to listen as he idly chatted and hummed serenely in acknowledgement. At his quiet mention of a home other than Helovia her imagination flew. They came to a stop and she watched home carefully dig up the lovely purple flower. Such care he took, so much patience and kindness and charm, whe could surely be and exiled prince, cast out of his kingdom by an evil sorcerer, and building a new home in a new land. She sighed happily, looking around the flowery path and enjoying the sight of playful children nearby before turning back to Finn. "You're not a native of this land? Where is it you're from then?" She asked brightly, bending down to start work of a flower of her own, digging with a dainty grey hoof.

- - -

Notes: Finsling! For all your adorableness needs!
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::