the Rift

[PRIVATE] Two Birds, One Stone[Amulet Dropping/Egg Finding]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

The heat of Tallsun was what drove me to lurk within the moderate coolness of the caves. It was out of the horrid midday sun, and also gave me a chance to further explore the strange cave. My last trip here had been to see two specters(The identity of one I discovered, the other remained secret to me) and a giant turkey(I still don't understand that). I hoped, well, prayed rather, that this would be far less eventful.

Hooves click on stone as I journey deeper, my glowing bags illuminating the area rather well. It was a comforting glow, one that pulsed gently, guiding me and making sure I do not fall as I did the first time I had come here. For a while, there is nothing but cave, and I am ready to leave. But something...something catches my eye.

As last time, within one of the caves is an egg. Yet this one is far different than the one before. It does not exude that same aura, nor does it have a guardian(At least none that I can see). For all tense and purposes...it is alone. Carefully I approach, lowering my head to look at the pale white shell. On further inspection, it is a myriad of colors, like one of the pale opals I had in my bags, and I looked at it in wonder. Such a beautiful thing... where were it's guardians? It's mother?

I look around, confused, for I am alone in this place, before I look back down to the egg. Without care the child would perish, yet how could I take it? Even if my feet were rooted to place, refusing to obey my command to leave.

Fuck it.

I gingerly roll the egg out of it's haphazard nest of lichen and pebbles, settling in it's stead the large opal from my bag, a silver chain attached to the stone. I figured it was an amulet, akin to the one the Sun god gave me, but I had no need for it. It was my way of an apology, and a shit-poor one.

Carefully, I crouch and open one of my chest pouches, gingerly rolling the egg inside. It fits perfectly, and I can feel the little vessel against my chest, against my heart, and cannot imagine a better place for it.

I take one last look at the nest, a mixture of guilt and exhilaration in my breast before I turn and leave the place, my earthen amulet gleaming in the light where a far more precious gem had been.

"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:430 Tags:@[Reynier] Notes:Dropping Buce's Earth Amulet for Reynier, finding Buce's companion egg also!

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud

Reynier Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A click-clack of hooves against solid stone echoed down the empty corridors. Small, black rimmed ears tipped toward the sound, closely followed in their curiosity by the rest of the stallion. He moved carefully, placing each hoof with deliberation though the noise of his own passing was muffled by the long feathering that draped around his hooves.

Small, glowing mushrooms lined the floor of the hallway and threw a faint blue-green sheen across the walls. The skin of their smooth tops was the same gleaming shade and gave off little puffs of incandescent fog when nosed in passing. The stallion had acquired an impressive layer of the clinging spores by the time he entered a large, semi-circular chamber in the underground labyrinth, but the faint glow around his muzzle was nothing compared to the iridescent perfection he found within.

The jewel was oval in shape and seemed to be lit from within, for the roiling shimmers of color never stilled and came in every shade of color that existed. The roan rubbed his dirty muzzle across his knees, clearing it of mushroom debris. He reached tentatively toward the jewel, nestled in its crib of moss and lichen. He touched it gingerly, surprised to find the surface smooth and warm as any living body.

The jewel pulsed with some unseen force and sent a shiver through the stallions form. He sighed deeply, reverent of the power lying before him and sure that it was a token of the god’s approval. He bent to nuzzle the jewels silver chain up his face and over his ears so that the metal links settled around his neck with the oval jewel nestled between the muscles of his chest.

OOC: Reynier picks up Bucephalus’ Earth Amulet. Thank you!

Image Credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)