the Rift

[OPEN] Catch a tiger by his toe... [Task 4]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

It was not surprising to her that the Earth God next asked them to help the animals. Many of them Ampere felt were more deserving of a place on the arc than half the horses that were being saved. Will he make them all companions to protect them again? she wondered with a simmering anger that drove each one of her hurried steps. Every task was a frantic dash to complete in time, and that energy was quickly building up inside of her, sparking out in the dust she stirred as she stalked.

"Z, grab any animal you can find!" she wanted to save them all and the impossibility of that made her anxious. Any other day she might have kindly guided the animals in, but today she struck out with the force of her magic, tightening her invisible grip on the electrical currents that hummed with life inside each and every animal. From bird to bee, lizard to deer, Ampere was dragging as many as she could with her.

[Zèklè]

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
For the fourth task we needed to catch animals, but how the hell were we supposed to do that? Lay out some acorns and hope a fat squirrel lumbers up to eat them and is too slow to run away? Definitely not. With a sigh of defeat Phantom and I embark on a mission to capture whatever the fuck kind of animal we run across first. Let's pray it's not a moose.

Heading to the Grove again with a trap to catch whatever would be interested in an assortment of nuts and seeds, I find myself looking over at Phantom and wondering what she thought of me now that she knew I was dragging myself through a pit of sadness and self pity over such stupid things. I felt childish for feeling that way, for being selfish and stupid. With the trap in my mouth I readjust my wings and trot forward to set it down within the bushes. Opening my wings and stepping back, I hide behind a tree and be as sneaky as I can. I hope Phantom does the same, or realizes what she has to do. Watching the trap carefully, not daring to shift my weight or even breathe, I watch with my heart racing as an animal stumbles towards the trap. It's dark, it's bushy tail had dark rings and it's big black eyes had what looked like a marking in the shape of a mask. A raccoon. We were going to catch a raccoon. The chubby creature hobbled its way to the trap, pawing at it before going in, the wooden door slamming shut and leaving it trapped. "Hell yeah!" I shout, looking at Phantom with a smile on my lips. "So what should we call it?" I thought it was appropriate to give the pudgy raccoon a name, seeing as it's going to be stuck on a ship with us for a bit. We might as well have something to call it by. As I think of names the raccoon begins attempting to walk a certain way, head bashing into the side of the trap. Confused and concerned, I pick up the trap and carry it in the direction the raccoon had attempted to go. Ampere is there, my ears perking up and a curiosity growing over me. Was she the reason the raccoon was being weird? I glance at the colt with the single wing, raising a horned brow. Whose kid was this? Did Ampere steal them from someone? Was this Ampere's kid? Since when? I probably shouldn't ask, it'd be rude. I do exchange a glance towards Phantom before giving Ampere a polite nod and the colt a smile through the handle of the trap. "talk"
-- Phantestry !! // Destry & Phantom --
art by ducky -- table by wanda

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Ayelet, why so quiet? I've now increased the number of times I look back to check on her. Fear? Does she fear me? That has to be it. "I'm not going to eat you. I'm not allowed to even if I wanted to. And you're too interesting for that anyway." The words tumble out. I'd love to get to know her more if she wasn't so.. silent. I can see her heart beating hard inside her chest. My thoughts are disturbed by the sound of voices as we patrol through the grove. 'Hell yeah! So what should we call it?' I don't particularly like this task. Catching animals and LETTING THEM LIVE to bring back to the Earth God. I understand the importance and the reasons why, but it's a lot to ask a carnivore to hunt animals and then not even play with them. Not to mention the mare I'm walking up to seems to want to treat her captured critter like a pet. I huff: if I were not able to speak with these equines (and eat them), would they do the same to me? "Ayelet, let's set our trap here and see what we find." I look around to see a blue-hued mare using her magic to help gather the creatures. Is that humane? And who am I to be talking about humane, I'd rather eat them for dinner. Oh, the strange paradoxes of the world we live in.

""
@[Ayelet]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

The whole thing was a huge pain in the ass. Phantom didn't understand what the purpose behind gathering plants and animals was when the Earth God could poof another world full of stuff into existence. Hell, he could probably even create a few islands for animals to take shelter on during the flood. And the flood itself seemed illogical to the pale mare. What was the point? Evil could not simply be washed away. It lived in the hearts of every living creature that was capable of any form of higher thinking. But who was she, a mere mortal, to argue with a god or question his thinking and intentions.

Phantom sighed as she placed her trap on the ground and retreated to wait for something, anything to wander into it. She just hoped that it would be sooner rather than later because the idea of waiting all day to capture an animal didn't sound like too much fun. It was probably just dumb luck that her and Destry's traps went off just a few minutes apart. And it was probably even dumber luck that they'd both captured raccoons.

"What should we call it?"

"What?" Her ears tilted forward and she looked at her partner, ignoring the way the raccoon seemed to be pulled toward the back of the trap and in the direction of a black and blue pegasus. "Why name them?" She didn't understand. They were not pets, not companions, not anything other than animals that the Earth God wanted them to save. "I don't understand." She clarified before picking up her own trap to walk along with Destry, sparing a glance at the others who were also present.

"."

ooc://
Phantestry!
Phantom x Destry

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

Right, so it was time to get back to why this whole thing was going to be supposed to be fun in the first place- embarrassing Deimos. This time, with this task, the golden had a plan. “Come on grouch!” He called back to the dark devil as they headed towards the Secret Grove. It was the closest place they might find what the gold wanted. His smirk continued to grow. Course, no one usually went looking for these creatures, and usually they were only a threat, but the gold was assured of his invincibility. However, considering the task he had forced his fawn to stay in the meadow with the Earth God. The tiny babe had not liked that, but tough, the golden didn’t want him killed, and this most certainly would kill him.

The golden comes up on a gathering in the area. And he see one thing he desires more than completing this task. Looking back he sees Deimos wandering in this direction, so he takes the chance and disappears from sight. Invisible to the group the gold slips by them, coming near Ampere. He knew this mare from his stint in the Throat, and knew not to mess with her. At least not when she could see him. Quick as he could so as to avoid detection the gold leans towards her and inhales deeply. Something inside turns and locks, and sends a grin. Tripping away the gold lets himself come back to the world of visible once out of notice, though he does reach back and call “This way partner!” Oh how he loved that man’s grouch face.

Trotting he comes to the water’s edge. With a grin of determination the gold reaches out and taps the water. Right in front of him a log rises up. A wild grin lights up that golden’s face because that was no log. A hiss from the water and the creature opens its mouth to reveal itself as an alligator. Snorting the boldy took a hoof and splashed it out by the water. The creature snapped its mouth and came closer. The gold continued to tease the creature and it continued to come closer, till at last it pulled up on the bank. A vicious horse eater. Course, it was only four feet. “Come on Deimos! Come get a piece.” The gator snapped at him again, and the gold jumped back. Snapping back though he teases the gator more and it comes at him, charging him. Their contribution to the ship would be a gator. That is, if they didn't get eaten first.

OOC :: Idk what thran is thinking he's doing.... @[Deimos]
Identity Index:: Destry, Ampere
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Excitement flicked through my electric veins as I trotted away from the meadow in which the large boat stood. Da had told me to rest for a few hours before he would allow me to participate in any of the other tasks, so rest I did. Boy was that nap wonderful, dreams of flying and being able to keep up better with Da filled my child like mind, along with dreams of storms but I always had those. Even though I hadn't been in a storm just yet, something about the idea of everything going dark except for the flashes of light through the sky cause my little heart to beat faster.

Navy rimmed harks flicked back and forth as the sound of other's voices began to creep through the grove I had lead us too. A smirk spread across my features while my orange bolted features turned to look over my feathered shoulders. "Come on Da!! We have to save the animals!" As soon as the words left my dark stained lips my long, infantile limbs struck out and the easy walk we had been travelling at was more along the lines of a canter until I found where all of the others were gathering. Baby blues widened as a strange black-blue mare seemed to be dragging hoards of animals along with her while others were just coming up with interesting ways to catch the smaller creatures.

With a snap of my cobalt tail I leapt after a rabbit in a feeble attempt to try and catch the quick creature. When I failed I looked back at the tri-colored stallion, Bucephalus, and frowned. "How are we supposed to catch them?!"

"talk"
Tag | @[Bucephalus]
Words | 285
Notes |
Hertz
it's never enough to say I love you
image credits

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

Bolverik was uncharacteristically quiet after Shadow's explanation, nodding and listening to her and the other pegasus speak. Something about a Kari. Something else about another search. He had no idea what they were talking about, but he gleaned that there was information regarding a child of Shadow. Did she have a kid? With whom? Why did she leave? He walked with her carefully, not burdening the effort of their trek with conversation. Instead, he ruminated on the disease and his own involvement, small plant stuck between his teeth. He dropped it off, grabbed a trap and then walked closer this time to a rather beautiful lake offset by languid trees and a romantic setting.

The stallion hummed thoughtfully, seeing a small fox in a glen. With some clever maneuvering, he managed to get the creature, frowning. "It always upsets me seeing beautiful creatures in such small spaces." He looked over at his lavender eyed charge, smiling softly, deeply. The light in his golden eyes was heavy, dense. "Do you require assistance?" he asked without arrogance or condescension. The stallion was patient, of course.

@[Shadow]
holy balls, sorry it's short. I have to leave in like 10 minutes.

Art by: Aud @ DA
I'm aching for you
But you're bound to bleed if I adore you

please tag me in all posts

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

Maybe she ought to say something, do something, but there was a lump in her throat that made her choke on each breath, every half-formed word. Her own silence weighed on her all the way back to the Meadow. The gold-eyed stallion was still traveling with her, and she was probably grateful to him for not ditching her then and there after hearing about the plague, but he had yet to say anything and his silence was almost worse than her own. Shadow felt observed, as though the honeyed gaze lingered on her whenever she wasn't looking. It was uncomfortable because she couldn't say whether it was her own imagination or truth, and gradually she tensed up more and more.

Was it annoyance, discomfort, sadness or guilt that built up like a storm within her? The Blackbird didn't know herself. She was haunted by Ampere's words, by her own stunned reaction to finding out that the old friend and savior had seen her son, had spoken to him and then let him disappear. There was no putting words on the emotions that raged through her mind, only the guilt made its voice heard and repeated the questions she should have asked over and over again.

In a daze Shadow delivered the plants and collected a container for herself, following quietly in the wake of her partner as he chose the destination. Had she been less rattled the mare might have found it amusing that his choice brought them to the single most romantic spot in Helovia, might have jabbed him about hidden agendas and teased him about how unfortunate it was that several other pairs had arrived at the location already - all in a gruff, blunt manner that might have made him wonder whether she was actually serious or not...

Instead she set about the task of collecting koi fish in her container, suppressing a desire to pounce Ampere when the blue-marked mare became visible not very far away. She was so busy glaring at the fellow pegasus that she actually jumped when Bolverik finally spoke, dropping a comment about the task. Shadow blinked and looked down at the fish that swam in tight circles around their prison, mind sluggishly recalling the wooden structure they were supposed to embark eventually.

"I suppose... we will be even before long" she mumbled, not quite looking at him. "I do not look forward to being cooped up in a glorified tree for who knows how long." So, the unicorn finally spoke. He sounded kind enough, but she was a master of deception herself when the situation required it, so for all she knew the warm tones and soft expression could just be a facade.

"Thank you, but I can manage" she subsequently replied to his (kind, really, was he that good at keeping the facade up?) offer, hoisting the water-and-fish-filled bowl from the pond with a grunt (did the fish even deed saving by the way, wouldn't they handle a flood better than the birds?). There was a streak of stubborn pride lacing through her words, of that hard-headed kind that was brittle and easily shattered. No smile touched her lips as she struggled with the heavy burden, but when she accidentally met his gaze for a moment something about the suspicion within her lost its edge.

What was the point of being nice to a stranger if you thought them diseased and couldn't gain anything from acquainting with them?

"You haven't said anything about it" she grunted, words warped and muffled around the handle between her teeth. "The plague, Kari, none of it..." Her jewel-bright eyes was wary and challenging as they lingered on his regal frame, almost accusing. Wasn't he the one who had initiated the topic and created this maelstrom of emotions, so neatly suppressed until a mere while ago? It had rattled her, talking about it, and while it probably wasn't Bolverik's fault that others had overheard and offered aid and thus kindled hope in her (only to have it exposed to the hurricane that was Ampere's confession, nearly extinguishing it again) Shadow still felt like placing the blame on him - if only just a little.

She had always been good at that, shoving responsibility onto others and conveniently forgetting her own part in things.

@[Bolverik]

""

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Instead of heeding to Thranduil’s call, the Reaper took to quiet observation, a skill he’d held and encompassed for his entire lifespan. Instead of marching straight into foolishness, he calculated and analyzed, processed chilling machinations, formulated the best plots and plans to unfurl his designs. Unfortunately, his partner didn’t regard the world in the same way: marching straight towards a predator, teasing and taunting the crocodile so it slipped away from its home. While Deimos possessed no fear towards it, he could slay, abolish, and destroy it in a matter of moments before it even thought to snap its jaws towards his figure, Thranduil’s motive and purpose was another matter entirely. There were a few moments where he presumed to shrug and allow the Thief to be consumed by the beast; but then neither of them would complete the task. An inaudible sigh passed through his nares, and then he slowly, methodically, wandered towards the lumbering reptile and its provocateur, purposefully sliding a miniscule amount of magic towards the crocodile. The invocations weren’t meant to desecrate, merely to quell the carnivorous aspects, to aim listlessness and harbor enervation, so the creature could be delivered alive and intact. Whether or not Thranduil would survive the assignment was another question.

[Task 4!]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Hertz seems energized after his rest, and with a fond smile I keep up with the boy, the cage on my back, Azee holding it steady as we went along. Once there, I set the cage down on the ground, watching Hertz chase a rabbit. "Well rabbits are swift folk... we will go after easier animals."

I look around, a thoughtful rumble in my throat. There were many others here, including an oh-so familiar blue mare, which aroused the question of our standing within my mind. Yet now was not the time, so I turned and looked towards the mountains, then grinned. "Wait here, and keep that cage open!"

I trotted off, out of sight, leaving Azee on Hertz's back. Within ten minutes I'm hauling ass back towards my son, a screaming weasel thrashing in my mouth, for I have it by the back of the neck and the worst it could do was scratch my chin with it's sharp hind claws...which still hurt like a bitch.

I quickly dropped it in the cage, Azee shutting it and looking at the pissed-off mammal curiously, amused by it's angry chattering and ranting.

"Tada."

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
[Image: 16a5t81.png]

She followed obediently, like an animal chained to its master. It was never her intention to become as such, but there she was, wandering behind the beast with fear clenching her heart firmly. Her light was uneasy, telling her they should not have chosen this tigress to follow. Following her meant trusting her with her life, a fragile thing she kept only to herself and to her Lior. The she-beast tells that she will not consume the fearful childe, ears laid out across a crystal surface. "How do know. Not tricking?" Impaired speech befalls her lips, eyes flicking down to the large creature that she followed. Summoning the courage to speak was a process she had to continuously repeat in such a foreign world lit with dangerous strangers.

Her light takes a moment to launch, midnight wings opening to caress the skies, dipping down to pick up a rabbit that had gathered beside the blue-toned mare. Softened features shift to anguish as the little animal struggles beneath the talons of the melanistic avian. Non nocere, she begs, eyeing her guide as he tosses it into the trap she had beside her. Eyes move anxiously to view the small ebony mammal that squirmed in the wooden cage. "Trap. One. Says can get more." Her light rises again, vanishing into the trees. Through his eyes she watches, an innocent blue jay perches, whistling its tune before unexpectedly being caught in the clutches of dark claws. A faint, hushed gaps escapes her mind as she blinks back to her own view, watching as the bird joins the rabbit within the cage. "Done?"

-- ayelet & saffron --

I'LL TELL YOU MY SINS AND YOU CAN SHARPEN YOUR KNIFE

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

There was certainly a theme going on with these tasks and once they had returned with some plants, Mesec’s uncle asked them to go and save the animals. Well of course, if everyone in Helovia was going to board the ship then they couldn’t leave everyone else behind. Though he felt a little winded from all the moving back and forth - there was friend that popped into the young stallion’s mind. With a laugh he looked to his partner, his heart still feeling lighter by the minute. “Oh Apollo, I know someone that’s going to need our help with this one.”

If he knew her as well as he liked to think, Mesec had a feeling Ampere was going to try to save everything she could.

Silver eyes sought her out among the crowd and he was lucky enough to see her as she was leaving alongside a foal. Picking up an easy trot, saving what was left of his energy for the tricky business ahead, he followed the pair to the Secret Grove. “Ampere!” He called out to his friend, the name muffled by the handle of the trap he held in his mouth. It wasn’t a very big one, with small mesh sides that would make it perfect for insects. Placing it down on the ground, his grin bright as he looked around - eyes sliding back to her before long. “Need some help?”
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart

gahhhh almost out of time but posting for Mesec and @[Apollo]!
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times