the Rift

[OPEN] Your Girlfriend's Mixtape -- Task 4

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
Bring me water he says, I’ll keep you hydrated. Bring me plants, I’ll keep you sustained. Bring me animals and I’ll continue to let them annoy the shit out of you. Seriously, this was turning into a gargantuan mess. I was done with the tasks back when they asked me to pair with Vacant Eyes. She’d been “spotty” at best and I was left with all the heavy lifting. I was man, but I was also a pretty man. Vacant Eyes was more equipped for heavy lifting than I… but where was she when I needed her? Certainly not anywhere I could see. Maybe that’s why I’d set of for this new task without looking back. She didn’t need me and I didn’t need her.

With the newest tool clutched between my teeth, I set of toward the Deep Forest in hopes of conjuring up some magic from dirt. I’d acquired the strangest ability known to man and I planned to use it in order to catch some kind of rodent the Earth God would deem worthy of “saving.” In my opinion, Vacant Eyes deserved to fall off the boat, but I couldn’t see His Almighty Divinity sharing that belief. So, I’d just have to be rid of her myself. Maybe I’d tell her that we were boarding an hour too late… maybe she’d fall for it. After all, she wasn’t the brightest cookie in the box.

Upon reaching the Forest, I dropped the trap at my hooves and went in search of something, anything to bring back to the boat. I’d grabbed a rather large trap in hopes of capturing something big, but I wasn’t sure what one man could trap all on his own. The Deep Forest had my attempt to locate something scary, like a wolf or a bear… and somehow convince said predator to follow me home, but of course that would mean risking my precious stars and no one wanted that.

While wandering through the shade, I caught the smallest figment of sound and decided to retrieve my trap and follow it. I was excited, enthusiastic, and hopeful that it would be something worthwhile… and I’d made sure to bring the open trap, ready to capture whatever culprit I pursued.

There was a tight clumping of brush just ahead and to the left, and the closer I got, the louder the rustling became. I smiled upon finally reaching it and dropped my trap before sauntering toward the opposite side. Once there, I threw a wayward hood into the brush and waited.

CLINNNG!

The trap closed and I ran back around the thicket to inspect my catch, but was almost immediately disappointed. Of course it would be a fucking mouse. Of course.

Of course.

Of fucking course!
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

@[Jorogumo] -- OPEN FOR CRASHING

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
You know shit gets hard when you have all the feels. December's mopey and I'm ragey. How can we actually accomplish anything? Especially with our fourth and latest task I'm not exactly in the mood now to be saving little forest critters. Instead, I'm feeling a little murderous. But Earth God this, Earth God that. I shouldn't be so snide, he IS the one responsible for all of my magical abilities, after all. Consider my willingness to not destroy life around me a token of my gratitude. I look back at December and mutter gruffly, "C'mon. No time to waste." I'm not sure I even want to talk about feelings with her, nor do I think she wants to talk about them with me. It feels... awkward. The whole damn thing is awkward and I'd rather just... not think about it. "Bring the trap, set it..." I spot another stranger ahead who seems to be successful in catching something. "Up ahead. Set it up ahead." I approach the successful trap and the astrologically painted stallion that stands over it. "G'day Comrade. Name's Rosti - yours?" I grunt as amicably as I can. Meet all the peoples, learn all the names.

WC:
Tag: @[December]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
visions are seldom all they seem.

She laughs upon walking behind her partner and watching what he catches. The spider already has set down her trap and will commence capture at a later moment. For now she was consumed with the fact the stallion a fucking mouse. “You shall bring the joys of pestilence upon the giant boat.” She says smirking, “But I suppose even the mice deserve the opportunity for life. Many predators shall appreciate your efforts.”

The spider offers but one last smirk before turning away. She walks with an emphasis upon the swing of her hips. Carefully she sets up her trap and for a very long moment stands still. She simply watches. Part of her is rather tempted to hunt down some of her small friends and whisk them back to the ship. If mice deserve life, then spiders deserve much the same. They devour pests and the like. Her search for creepy crawlies will begin after she finds some mammal to deliver.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The next task that the Earth God have delegated was not much of a surprise to the mottled stallion. He had suspected once they were told to gather plants that they would be gathering animals. Alleo had grabbed one of the medium sized traps and led Rasta toward the deep forest where he thought the animals would be fairly abundant. All around he could hear voices of others as they spoke to one another, but the stallion was focused on the task at hand. He set his trap and baited it with some berries from a bush he'd come across entering the forest. Alleo's goal was to capture a fox and he remembered being told as a child that foxes were omnivorous.

He waited for Rasta to set her trap up before he retreated into the bushes to wait and see if they were able to catch a fox or if something else would wander into their traps. He had a feeling that, by far, this was going to be the most annoying of tasks because of the waiting for something to stupidly stumble into their traps.

"Talk."

ooc://

Rasta x Alleo

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
White December

Apparently Rostislav didn't put up with anything when he was in a bad mood. Before she could even decide what to do next after the Earth God's command, he was stomping off, calling an order back to her. Pricking her ears mildly, suddenly alert from her depressed state, she simply decided she had no choice to follow. She respected him after all, even if he seemed a little more friendly with others than she, and she considered him to be one of her only true friends. Her steps quickened a little as she kept pace with him, a trap on her massive shoulders as she kept to his side. She didn't know if it was because of the fact that someone else was taking charge, or that them both being in a bad mood didn't seem to help their situation, but December's thoughts were soon leaving behind the little filly who rejected her, and focusing on her companion.

Soon he was barking another order, and she fought the urge to snort at him in annoyance. She had been bossing him around earlier after all, and he was in a foul mood now, so her adding on to it would solve nothing. Setting it down where he gestured, her eyes watched him as he approached the male up ahead, smoothly introducing himself and trying to appear friendly. It was this that caused the ivory vixen to snort, ignoring him and the filly that approached. She assumed the black one was with the sparkling boy, and batting her lashes slightly, she turned her form in search of a creature to grab. It took her a moment to realize where she was going, but a loud squeal erupted from the forest, causing her to look down. There beneath her hooves, was a raccoon, its tail tightly snug beneath her left one.

Pondering for a moment, she looked back to where the trap was, then back down at the furry creature. Deciding that she no longer cared, her lips parted and she gently gripped the scruff of the striped fluff, freeing its tail and lifting it off the ground, beginning to turn to place it into the trap. What she didn't expect to happen was for the rodent to retaliate. Suddenly claws were digging into her neck, and although it didn't hurt too much, the act startled her, causing her mouth to open and the creature to plop to the ground. At once it bolted, searching for a place to hide. Fortunately, it was dumb enough to think the trap, which she had encased with shrubs earlier, would suffice, and sailed right into it. Wasting no time she thundered forward, closing the latch swiftly and snorting, gripping the handle and beginning to walk back to the meadow, lightly bumping Rosti with her hip to get his attention.

"While you were wasting your time trying to be nice, I finished our task. Let's go."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 489
Tag: Rostislav
OOC: December and Rostislav. Destlov reporting for duty! Grabbed a raccoon.)>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

my black eye casts no shadow
your red eye sees no blame

The howling screech of an angry bobcat rent the still air and threw the forest scene into chaos. The cat came racing through the dark trees and after him came the form of an equally angry pegasus. The pair c crashed through the thick press of branches, each snap of wood punctuated with a furious grunt of the mare that hit them. “I” CRASH “FUCKING” CRASH “HATE” CRASH “THIS” CRASH “FOREST!” The God had commanded and Meg was starting to get real tires of these tasks she was sure the deity could do on his own. Tired of waiting for anything to scamper into an open trap, she’d gone tearing after the first thing she’d found. She supposed that most would for fluffy little bunnies, but Meg knew the strong needed help to survive too. Though you’d think the Earth God could have made the potential captives keener to be caught. Around and around, the little warrior chased the cat, before it turned for a furious defense. Sustaining a substantial scrape to her cheek and several lighter ones on her neck, she was able to clamp her jaws tight on the beasty’s scuff and wrestle it back to the cage she had left open. “Einarr!” she bellowed once the cat was shut securely, spitting madly, in its enclosure. “Where the hell did you go?!” Looking around she finally noticed a small group nearby and strolled up, irritatingly proud of herself. Catching sight of the starry unicorn’s prize, she broke into a sly grin. “Nice mouse.”

@[Einarr]

Sketch and Code by Laine - Table Inspired by Aud
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Rasta watched as Alleo started to set up the trap that he had grabbed from the Earth God, her own small trap (just large enough for a bunny) was pulled along with them and placed near his as well. When he retreated to the bushes, so did Rasta. And they waited, skin pressed against skin hoping that something would stumble close enough to their traps.

It was a fox that came first, edging toward Alleo's box and starting to head in. Then, a rabbit came along. Branches from the brush they were in shot out and wrapped around the bunny - not tight enough to suffocate, but not loose enough to allow the creature to wiggle free. She emerged from the brush, knocking the trap over the creature and then using the branches to turn it over and lock it with the bunny inside. Once certain the branches receded toward Alleo's box - shutting the trap as well (fox inside) - and then fell back to their normal position. "I don't see why the Earth God can't just call all the animals to the ship anyways…" she said, with a small hum before turning back around to Alleo and bumping his shoulder. "Don't think anyone else needs our help, so let's go,"
R
take another breathe

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say